What is Sup Forums's thoughts on this movie? Was thinking of watching it

What is Sup Forums's thoughts on this movie? Was thinking of watching it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M9Bgk2oniwo
theintercept.com/2016/05/25/american-sniper-chris-kyle-distorted-his-military-record-documents-show/
youtube.com/watch?v=CnY7OjSa9Lo
youtube.com/watch?v=Ar1WygVl_Vg
imdb.com/title/tt4555288/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mediocre.
Go watch Nightcrawler, Hail Caesar!, Her, Room, or something worth watching.

All those are shit read a book bruh instead

Books are oldnews bud

What would say is a good book famalam?

Gallipoli peter hart I'm on a ww1 kick lately tho

the only thing good about it is when it was out in theaters it was kicking the shit out of 'Selma, a nigger story' which triggered the fuck out of shitlibs.

It's a cowboy movie set in Iraq.

There's a typical good guy and a typical bad guy.

The good guy coincedentally happened to be the United States, and the bad guy happens to be an insurgent.

It's shit war propganda

eh, it's a well made capeshit movie. Worth watching imo.

Books, fuck off nerd.

Your typical "muh murrica best fuck yea" type of autistic hollywood garbage yanks watch so they could suck their own cock.

It's two hours of a bearded man breathing heavily while staring down a scope.

Also, Chris Kyle is a fucking liar and the neocon circljerk surrounding the film is entirely undeserved

it's OK.

>supposed to be anti-war
>ends up being pro-war
But I cant blame them, the actual guy was super pro-war.

Black Hawk Down was vastly better in terms of film making, although it's a pretty skewered depiction fo reality too.

I guess war movies have been a skewered depiction since the beginning of time, but in Black Hawk Down it wasn't so bad that it actually disturbed me when I watched the movie. It's a really good movie.

It was meant to be pro-war and pro-war veterans.

>Bearded faggot snipes a bunch of children and acts like he's a badass for doing so

>His friend realizes what a pussy he is and blows his brains out.

Is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

If it was supposed to be pro war, they wouldn't have added the 'moral-dilemmas' in the film.

it wasn't his friend you goober it was an insane dude

As a movie - mediocre. As a propaganda - weak I suppose, but I had never heard about this guy before so its hard to tell

>Chris Kyle liar
I thought the same thing, but then I saw a recent interview with Jesse Ventura, and I realized that he is the real liar. He is a false red piller. I'd advise all to have a second look at that guy. I did some snooping, and he ain't all he claims to be. Second generation in this country. Parents from eastern Europe. Spends most of his time in old Mexico, hmmm, some patriot.

It was just meant to show that war is though and that we should appreciate the veterans that make these hard choices for us

The option of not being at war is not there. I saw it when it came out so I don't have it fresh in my memory but I found very little that suggests they tried to make a anti-war film.

tough*

>wouldn't have added the 'moral-dilemmas' in the film.
A fairly obvious ones, where you have to snipe a kid bringing explosives to your buddies. It is more like subconscious suggestion that moar collateral is needed in this war.

>American sniper
He was doing a job, he was told to do. If someone shoots you in the head for doing your job, is he then, /ourguy/?

delet this pic rit now

Shit. Jew propaganda.

Black Hawk Down's actually better than most pro-war films since they hint at the fact that America's involvement in Somalia was doomed from the start (the Killing is Negotiation scene). Although the political complexity of the UN intervention or the Somali perspective, both of which were prevalent in the book are omitted.

youtube.com/watch?v=M9Bgk2oniwo

My biggest gripe was the fact they changed the name of Sgt. Stebbins to hide the fact he was convicted of rape a few years later.

pew pew
:^)

>Chris Kyle is a fucking liar
hol up so u be saying the actual navy seal who saved thousands of american lives by killing muslamic infidals is a liar, because he called out some washed up wrestler, that claimed he had extensive combat experience?
okay what ever floats your boat

>Books

Fucking Nerd. Give me your lunch money.

pew pew

Chris Kyle was a pathological liar and tried to ruin based Mongol Minnesota gov reputation.

It seems a bit like a commentary on the war, yeah. Apart for the typical 1 cool American vs. 1.000 savage Somali scenes, but I wasn't there, so maybe that's exactly how it was.

This. It only really got praise for being "USA!" Also terrible name, don't care that the book was called that. Come up with an intresting name at the very least. I guess the one positive is that it triggered sjw's I guess.

thats something now

Dat propaganda. I'm surprised it didn't have military recruitment PSAs during an intermission.

breddy gud, didn't need the imaginary muslim ubersniper though

You haven't even heard a fraction of it, google "Craft International at Boston Marathon" (Craft was Kyle's security business he ran at the time of his death).

theintercept.com/2016/05/25/american-sniper-chris-kyle-distorted-his-military-record-documents-show/

Ending was fucking sad. I know it really happened and shot but still

Listen to Ventura's interview with Joe Rogan. Chris Kyle was scum.

To bad the gun didn't fall and go off shooting him in the butt like some Wile E. Coyote cartoon

Good film. Made me patriotic about a country that I wasn't even a citizen of.

>filename

My sides

Bluepilled as fuck

They actually toned down some of the more fucked up stuff from the book, like when Pvt. Maddox was forced to shoot a woman carrying a baby because she pulled a pistol on him or when an 80 year old man who could barely walk started approaching Twombly and Waddell and was firing wildly in their general direction (they were half-laughing because it was so shocking).

Yeah same here but it's understandable considering we live in a fake country

100% this

Chris Kyle lied about hitting Ventura, lied about killing people during Katrina, lied about disarming two car thieves and killing them in Texas, etc. The list goes on. The book itself inflates his kill count allegedly by 100

He and another Seal were reported to have been shot in the backs by a PTSD ex-marine who weighed 90 pounds at an outdoor (out-fucking-door) Texas Shooting Range, on a Sunday afternoon, where he proceeded to steal Kyle's keys, get in his truck, and drive safely back to his own house. There is not one second of surveillance footage of any of this.

This isn't even Sandy Hook-tier storytelling.

Look up any of this shit i've written down. All of it happened.

>Joe Rogan
sorry I'm not a cuck gonna have to find another source for that my dear.

(((books)))

It's like Stolz der nation, but way shittier

>there are literally people who think American Sniper is just another jingoistic propaganda piece

Did you faggots never learn critical thinking? It's a character study of a man with a black and white worldview fighting in an extremely morally compromised conflict, about how shoving everything into a good and evil binary leaves you completely incapable of understanding the world as it is.

Same fucking people who think Inglourious Basterds is just another hate parade on Nazis.

>shoot people
>brag about it
>cash in on the fame

wasnt really surprised when a guy who got legit PTSD from what he did and saw couldnt comprehend how Kyle could do this and just shot him

Another thing.

The worst part about that movie is that it doesn't even represent Kyle's character, whatsoever. They painted him as a reluctant hero who never enjoyed killing - we have hours' worth of footage of him in his last years on Conan, Time, the Today Show, etc, selling that fucking book and telling white women to their faces that he killed women and children and would've done it all over again in a heartbeat.

They manufactured a Legend, nothing new

youtube.com/watch?v=CnY7OjSa9Lo

dude was an adrenaline junkie, he loved war.

Its a propaganda movie, but still pretty enjoyable. Clint's a good director.

What do you mean source, it's a podcast in which Ventura explains his version of what happened. It is way more believable than all the lies Chris Kyle told. Kyle ruined Ventura's life with his lies. Ventura is an absolutely great guy.

Shit movie senpai. Clearly exaggerated.

It's is a hate parade on Nazis you fucking idiot.

The movie is pretty much completely divorced from Chris Kyle as a person, it basically inserted an archetypal American good ol boy cowpuncher in his place to better tell the story.

The real Kyle was just a self aggrandizing faggot who lied about punching Jesse Ventura for no reason.

>a guy who killed dozens of haji kids
>Sup Forums hates him

???

Fuckoff Ahmed.

Go away, Mohammed.

Ironically enough, Fredrick Zoller is depicted as quite humble in Inglorious Bastards (most of Stolz der Nation outrageous content is the work of Joseph Goebbels) and somewhat uncomfortable with the endless praise heaped upon him. Chris Kyle was the exact opposite, he was looking for glory.

It was mocking American's eagerness to hate anything Nazi-related without looking at the situation. The heroes are basically war criminals, while most of the germans are just people hanging out.

Fury is a Nazi hate parade that only throws in a couple moral quandaries to seem more intelligent. Basterds is a critique of modern American audiences. It wasn't sympathetic to Nazis by any means, but that's not the point.

>when you realize the Bear Jew didn't hit him hard enough

Well thats my point, it shouldn't have been if it was about chris kyle, he loved war and he said that he would go back if he could.

This

Although I will say the Sheepdog scene at the beginning was pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ar1WygVl_Vg

It was okay but felt like it was just a cash in rather than a story that needed to be told. It was really fun watching all the libtard's like Michael Moore come out of the woodwork to attack it because muh evil military.

>saved thousands of american lives

Debatable. Considering the US-Iraqi insurgent kill ratio is 1:20+ most of the time, Kyle would've saved a few dozen at most if we deduct an American (i.e. a life saved) for every 20 insurgents he killed.

>he called out some washed up wrestler, that claimed he had extensive combat experience

He didn't just call him out, he fucking committed blatant slander. It's defamation to make false claims about assaulting a person over something he never said.

Also, Jesse Ventura graduated from the UDT program, he IS a SEAL.

>Shitty sniper who took all the credit when he didn't deserve it
>Simo Häyhä, a lot better sniper, didn't want any credit and instead wanted to be left alone
It's just "MURRIKAH FUCK YEAH WE TOTALLY HAVEN'T LOST ALMOST ALL THE WARS WE TOOK IN" propaganda

America hasn't lost a single war in its history.

>Inb4 vietnam
Look up the Paris Peace Accords.

Have they actually made any movies about him, he sounded badass. I mean he killed commies not iraqi children so there is no moral dilemma to it.

I think he was asked for approval but he said nah he doesn't want any glory, this is what I've heard
however imdb.com/title/tt4555288/ IMDB says there is one coming, haven't heard about this

>was communism removed from vietnam?
if not they lost the war.

>imdb.com/title/tt4555288/
Oh shit nice, gonna have to keep my eye out for that.

Never saw the movie but Chris Kyle is a notorious liar, which has been proven in court. He lied about a lot of stories in his book, particularly involving punching Jesse Ventura.

I'm sure he was a talented sniper and he served the country well, shame he had to be used in an unjustified war for the kikes. But making him a larger than life figure was a mistake. He was very, very flawed and had a massive ego.

>Paris Peace Accords

And they were reneged upon by North Vietnam within a year.

The goal of the Vietnam War was the preservation of the state of South Vietnam. South Vietnam ceased to exist 42 years ago after it was overrun by North Vietnam.

Therefore we can conclude that the Vietnam War was a failure for the United States.

simo's kill count was probably faked, but regardless, he was basically shooting fish in a barrel. he was shooting russian soldiers with no experience and no morale, nothing too amazing about that except the number of kills, which i've heard was 150, 200, and 450.

It triggered libtards so it's based in my book.

POST THE BABY

You're showing world famous American education again. No, it wasn't faked. Don't get mad that we people actually accomplish something in inhumane weather when we need to. Your overrated sniper did jack shit and then acted tough
at least we don't fail missions against communists, unlike you did in every single communist country.

Pentagon paid propaganda. Move on.

why are you europeans so concerned with my education? no we weren't taught about simo in schools, do you think we are? what do you mean it wasn't faked? he killed a certain number of people, and i've heard numerous different reports of what that number was. at most, only one is right, so the others are fake. you also didn't provide any sources for the real number. i'm not mad that a finn did something, or said anything about weather. i don't give a shit about chris kyle, and that movie was complete bullshit. jesus christ, just because someone was from finland doesn't mean you have to idolize him, same as i don't have to idolize every american.

White Death was a better sniper

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä

oh and here's simo actually talking about it himself: "You've unfortunately hit on a very important topic. I can only speak of my personal experiences during the Winter War and my later life, but in my personal case, there was absolutely not any actual 'confirmation' of those who I killed - indeed, contrary to the absurd myths that have built up around me, I wasn't even a 'sniper,' but rather a section leader of an infantry unit. I was not a lone wolf, lurking alone and picking off Soviet soldiers - just an infantryman who fought alongside my comrades in defence of our homeland.

Nobody was keeping count. We were fighting a war, not shooting game - and the people I killed were people, not numbers. Estimations of 500-700 'kills' are wildly inaccurate and completely unsupported by any actual evidence - myself and my comrades had a war to fight, and none of us was keeping count. Less sensationalist estimates place my 'kills' in the range of 200-300, but the obsession with the statistics of those I killed, and the ignorance of why we fought, deeply distresses me."

I had to turn it off after 20 minutes. Absolute rubbish.

Watch Hacksaw Ridge if you want a good war movie.

I thought that was the entire point of the movie. Zoller (who never actually existed) and his movie (ditto) is our Audie Murphys and Alvin Yorks. It's amazing to me how no one I've talked to get's this about the movie and just see it as a chance to revel in inflicting violence as sadistically as possible against the most contemptible of targets.
It is masturbatory for ((some)) people, and the stolz der nation philosophy seems to fly straight over those peoples' heads.

Glorification of a sociopathic compulsive liar, who happened to like shooting people/10

Watch something else. I hear Bradley Cooper is pretty great in it though.

It was ok. Found it boring in parts.Hurt locker is alot better.

>He and another Seal were reported to have been shot in the backs by a PTSD ex-marine who weighed 90 pounds at an outdoor (out-fucking-door) Texas Shooting Range, on a Sunday afternoon, where he proceeded to steal Kyle's keys, get in his truck, and drive safely back to his own house. There is not one second of surveillance footage of any of this.
Not sure what you're implying by this.

Chris Kyle was a fraud along with his spotter. They would tac kills that never happened.
t. USMC 0317 2000-2013

>Jesse Ventura graduated from the UDT program, he IS a SEAL.
That is debateable, since he saw no combat, all he did was play basketball during his vietnam tour, and he failed to finish for the 26 weeks of training which would have made him a SEAL.
He's without a doubt a non-combat UDT vet. But he's by no means a combat vet which saw action in the vietnam as he claims to, he's a piece of shit that sued the widowed wife for millions of dollars. Oh and he used to be a professional wrestler. pic related.
What a guy