Well, Sup Forums, what do you do and why?

Well, Sup Forums, what do you do and why?

Also, post Sup Forums versions of the trolley problem.

>Pull the switch after the first pair of wheels passed
>Multi Track Killing

Combine these two

Oh boy a trolley thread

Still going to have to go with Multi-track Drifting. It'll tumble into the loop and crash.

>Let's kill people now for the benefit of meme people who may or may not live in the future.
>Atheism is totally not a religion guise

>still not thinking with portals

Based on little collected information and limited time to make the decision? Pull it.

Never compromise, even in the face of Armageddon.

Don't pull it.

Make sure I don't get seen anywhere near the trolley.

If you pull the lever, you've committed murder, and you're going to prison. Let one of the self-righteous moral morons around you pull the lever and laugh at the thought of them getting gang-banged by black and hispanic men for their idiocy.

A Fucking Leaf.
But I agree.

What about the others where you have more information?

/r/ the one where he waves at them

If you pull the level you can wave, but there is exactly a 5% chance that one person on the trolley will be late to work and lose their job because of it. Do you pull the level?

Yes yes let's do it

This actually makes Rawls' theory compelling, which means the scenario actually misunderstands it, as it's horseshit. Under the theory, I would have to find acceptable being any one of those people, which I wouldn't if I were being run over. This is what makes it so absurd, as it adds nothing to ethical theories that are supposed to be universal, except suggesting an absurd thought experiment.

You see one guy in the Trolley flipping you off. He's going to be late for work.

I see no problem.

thats a tough one

>What do you do?
CHOO CHOO

I don't pull it.

Not making a choice is a default choice to not pull it.

Multi track drifting
>Tips fedora

You're doing god's work, user.
There's some ironic phrasing.

>not eliminating all witnesses through multi-track drifting

B-but... CNN said there was a lever to pull, and that... let me get the exact quote, "Russia was preventing Hillary from pulling the lever, while Russia laughed evilly and Hillary was glowing due to her perfect angelic nature." So where's the lever?

Once you influence the outcome you're an active participant. Activating the switch would make you a murderer whereas standing by would make you a passive observer of an inevitable event.

Is this supposed to be an argument? I don't get it.

Negligence

this dilemma is really complex

That's not Stalin you stupid fuck, it's an actor who looks nothing like him.

there are only 2008 people left in the world
8 women and 2000 men.

you and other 7 guys see a lever and a trolley that is heading towards the other 1992 guys.
If you pull the lever the trolley will kill the 8 women instead of the guys.

What you do?

I like to keep this handy... for close encounters.

this is not a problem since both ways it's exactly the same

>Never compromise, even in the face of Armageddon.
this

Pull the level, human race dies out, no more problems exist on Earth because there is no one to define something as a problem. All problems solved.

>fpbp
>trips
Severely underrated

All these edgy people that want to kill everyone.... Wow you guys are really funny, dead people, hehehe
comedic gold

Have you met people? The more you can kill the kinder you're being to the living.

>I dont like people and think everyone deserves to die, oh look how edgy i am, kekekekek

It's a meme, you dip

It's easy to say everyone who disagrees with you is being insincere, but sometimes that's not the case. I really do see death as a positive thing. No one is immortal, dead people have no problems, why wait?

Well thats not a logical argument. Dead people also cant experience happiness.

*eurobeat intensifies*

If the one guy on the upper rails would be some person who contributes highly to society or humanity and the guys on bottom would be normalfags, i would save the upper person of course, even if i were one of the people on the bottom rails. I'm notactually unitaliarist, it always depends on the siuaion. In the end Anubis won't care what moral system you follow when he weighs your heart.

So?

Actually he seems - at least so far - to be choosing to not pull the level, because while he is giving the media less privileged access than pervious administrations, he hasn't done a single thing against corrupt politicians. We wanted him to drain the swamp, but no one's been locked up yet, not Hillary, Bush, Obama, DSW, Lange, no one. I hope he changes course on that, but at present...swamp remains undrained.

>Dead people also cant experience happiness
That's a malformed conclusion. they wouldn't experience unhappines either, so what would you lose?
And how can you possible know they can't experience both.

Dead people cant suffer
Dead people cant experience happiness
=>death is a positive thing

Thats just not a logical conclusion, so your statement is bullshit.

So your argument is that the potential for happiness is worth the guarantee of suffering?

Have you applied at Hallmark? Cause they will definitely hire someone as saccharine as you.

They would lose the possiblity to experience happiness. Since humans strive for happiness and not for unhappiness you would lose out on that, its not like humans dont care if they experience happiness or unhappiness.
If one does not have the option to experience happiness anymore and the unhappiness overweights, and also will overweight the happiness then i would agree that someone like that is better off with his death.

some infinities are bigger than others

*also always will outweight the happiness

It's not. This isn't math. In math infinity is timeless, but a trolley needs time to drive.

This one is quite complex, because it has a lot to do with trust.

Humans strive for happiness, but they're really bad at actually working in their own interest and achieving it. They make stupid decisions and fuck up their lives. Most people are better off dead, and the rest of us are definitely better off with them dead.

Those two are the same size infinite set.

>negligence
>you presumably had no part in the creation of the scenario
Why are Canadians so morally bankrupt?

>Most people are better off dead
Most people? Either you live in a really fucked up social environment or your value system is really fucked up.
Can you give me an example of someone that would be better off dead?

I let it go down the bottom, at some point the amount of people will be so great that the trolley breaks and falls off the rails.

If I pull the lever, those on the top will get run over one at a time, but it may never be enough to stop the trolley.

Even further still, multi-track drift it so it breaks due to the two tracks going in an acute angle, rather than side by side, and only kills roughly 5 people.

>you live in a really fucked up social environment
Yep, it's called Earth.

>your value system is really fucked up
I can't really say you're wrong.

Examples:
You.
Me.
That guy.
Everyone.

Think about it, if you were dead, you wouldn't be annoyed by my opinion. If I were dead, you wouldn't be annoyed by my opinon. We're all going to die anyway, why should we think of it as a bad thing?

well if he drains the swamp, where will shrek and his family go?

They'll never know if they don't go
They'll never shine if they don't glow

if you're cut so short for time that switching the rails will make you late, you deserve to lose your job for being a fucking retard

You just said, that humans strive for happiness. I do
you do
this guy does
everyone does
I actually have fun arguing with you (or in genereal). If that werent the case i wouldnt do it. You just have a really pesimistic view on the world. Ask people if they think their life is life worthy. probably 99999/100000 will say yes. Thats not because they they are deluded, its because their happiness outweights their unhappiness.

Damn, leaf, that's cold blooded.

Nah, I think they're deluded. We think life is worth living because of the sunk cost fallacy.

I was LITERALLY going to post this exact same post.

L I T E R A L L Y

Now what?

I hold an auction and determine who get's to live by their contribution to society measured in money.

WITNESSED

>a 100 years

this but I do it on the deepweb with only subs being able to vote. T.subs cost 1k ea

There isn't time for that. The trolley is coming.

>why wait?
because most of us didn't have their first time with their father. life is okish.

Trespass to the lever, but don't use it. Fuck da police.

I didn't think I was molested, but I can't argue with those quads, I have clearly repressed memories of fratricestual rape.

the trolley can bid too

Why did the police let all those people get tied up in public.
And why am i standing at a railroad lever?

You basically already said that you are pessimistic by assuming that your arguments annoy me. What you dont seem to understand is that i have a different view on the subject. You always see the bad in things. Why do you do the things you do? Because you are stupid? Or because they make you happy in some way? You already said humans strive for happiness. And just because you dont get the epitome of happiness doesnt automatically mean that your life isnt worth it.

Freezeframe! "That's me, you're probably wondering how I got here. Well it all started..."

Kek

alternate version

c3