Can I get an answer as to why Trump has very publicly made, doubled...

Can I get an answer as to why Trump has very publicly made, doubled, and tripled down on false (or at the very least dubiously sourced) statements about things that really do not matter? Nobody cares if he may have won the popular vote or how many people were at his inauguration. It just gives his critics ammo to use against him and delegitimizes him on things that actually matter. I am sympathetic to his politics but I wish he wouldn't complicate things like this.

Other urls found in this thread:

inquisitr.com/opinion/4060100/trump-has-no-interest-in-abolishing-cia-instead-grants-them-drone-control/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this is a very real question that is an embarrassing road block to legitimate policy discussions.

1st day on the job, huh? don't worry, you're never going to get the bantz down so dont bother trying

Honest to god not a shill. No sharia blue agenda, not advocating for anything. Just want some kind of answer.

Why expend political capital on a subject that carries no tangible policy benefit?

He doesn't want to seem weak

He's really good at playing the media game so I trust he knows what he's doing.
My speculation is he's using the tactic of diversion. Diverrrrrsion

>media is literally making lies up about Trump every single day
>B-BUT WHY DOES TRUMP GET AWAY WITH LYING :((((

Name one thing that Trump lied about that was as damaging as the media very publicly pushing that Trump RAPED more than a dozen women weeks before the election only to never cover them again once the election ended.

See

He's not going to back down to the media.

Because it doesn't fucking matter, that's why.

He's talking to the entire American public, shit skins included. He dumbs it down. So the media attacks him over inauguration size, and he'll fight them on that because it's easy.

Meanwhile the real shit is going on behind the scenes.

It's the way it's always been. Democrats were just more artful about it. But honestly -- you should be happy that Trump is so obviously just bullshitting around and making fun of unimportant things.

Think about the alternative -- where politicians are making things seem serious and official and intelligent where in reality they're just spouting off vague platitudes that mean absolutely nothing.

You'd be left with a voting base of uncritical idiots deciding major policy proposals on the basis of the acting skills of the politician saying them.

Sound familiar?

Take SOLACE in the fact that Trump just fucks around. It's damn evil to do otherwise with a joke of a media system.

He is a narcissist, and possibly slightly senile, which makes him easily prone to odd beliefs about reality. He hears something on Fox News the day before then believes it 100% and reacts to it the next day.

He's a petty petty petty man

If there is one thing we all (no matter your ideology) should have learned last year is to never underestimate Donald Trump. This issue is by no means a deal breaker for me, it just seems like a bizarre distraction from legitimate issues.

Why does Trump have the Dems and MSM chasing their own fucking tails?

Is that your question?

You've got it backwards. It's used to defeat critics.

The popular vote and inauguration things were done to stop the media from blabbering about Russia.

There is no evidence of any wrong doing between the Trump administration and Russia, even Clapper and Comey said so, but the media spends all their time trying to, essentially, delegitimize him.

However, when he talks about (as you yourself said) things that don't matter and starts to double, triple, or quadruple down. The inauguration statistics are meaningless, but when he brought it up, it stopped everyone from talking about Russia.

He did the exact same thing during the campaign. Remember calling Ted Cruz's father an accessory in the JFK assassination? He did it to take the wind out of Cruz's sails.

Remember when the media claimed that Trump needed to be "talked down from the ledge" multiple times and that the GOP was already in the process of replacing him?

Remember when Melania, Kellyanne, and Ivanka were all "seen storming out of Trump Tower" after PussyGate?

Remember when multiple celebrities claimed to own (or have seen) a tape of Donald Trump going on a racist rant on the set of The Apprentice?

Remember when Donald Trump's campaign manager "pulled a female reporter to the ground" after a press conference?

Remember when Time Magazine made two issues dedicated to a "meltdown" that was happening in the Trump campaign?

Remember when more than a dozen women claimed to be raped by Trump and every news organization gave every victim airtime to slander Trump?

All of these were lies.
All of these were spread by every media organization.

Nobody apologized.
Nobody was fired.

It's Trump who lies, not the media.

The media dindu nuffin!

Trump is a liar and offensive buffoon, but sadly the loser class of uneducated whites that voted for him like this kind of lying person. Keep in mind, the vote for Trump by this class of people was a vote for destruction of everything. It was an evil vote with an evil motive.

I can answer some of this.

>Why care about popular vote
he wants to pass voter id laws, if they pass republican elections become easy mode. Democrats will not let this happen.

>Why care about people at inauguration.
If the picture that shows mostly empty space was taken at the time trump comes up (and it has been proven it does) then he should not care. Trump thought, based on what he saw personally out there, that the media was fucking with him.

>Why care about phone tapping
He lost his NSA man to this tapping, every single communication he has had with foreign leaders has been leaked and then he finds out that he was tapped by his own NSA. You really don't think this matters?

Of course he is not going to make any progress here, the president has no power here.

Anything else you don't understand why he doubled down on?

>I don't care about this stuff let me make a thread about it weeks later
>I'll imply Trump is the one who kept bringing these things up not the media
>1 post by this id

really makes me thinks

Just gonna park this here.

In the real life media environment facts are fuzzy.

Trump plays their tricks against them rather than attempting a high ground while they barrage him with their tricks.

Thank you Sup Forums this is very helpful. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the MAGA echo chamber on the Donald where everything is just "5d hyper dimensional chess" but ultimately leads to uninteresting and unfulfilling answers.

>Calling for a temporary restriction on people entering our country from nations compromised by radical Islamic terrorism.

Will Trump approve of the healthcare bill? It doesnt really resemble anything he mentioned on the campaign trail and it seems more reflective of intra-party controversy. What is he gonna do?

This. Also, OP is retarded.

I disagree.
TL;DR
begging the question

>Nobody cares if he may have won the popular vote

WHERE IS TEH SHAREBLUE HIRING BOOTH
also, sage

>there's no evidence of wrongdoing between Trump and Russia

Then why have several members of his administration resigned once their ties to Russia have been outed? Why is there so much smoke if there's really no fire? If there wasn't anything shady going on, why would these people jump ship?

Because whatever else he is, he's also vain.

the advantages of having Trump instead of some other career politician easily make up for that though so I am willing to ignore it.

idk... don't give POTUS too much credit

Name them.

What I mean is that he is the president either way - he could have lost by 10 million votes and he wouldn't lose any constitutional power as the president.

Realtalk, it's because he operates outside of their frame. If he were to address these issues, defend himself, or enter into a debate/challenge them, then he automatically enters their frame, which will make him lose instantly. As Jonathan Bowden said, step over it. He steps over these things by not addressing them and making sure his offense compensates for his lack of defense, so to speak.

He forces his opponents to be distracted by their own shallow criticisms. The media right now is his main opposition and they take the bait every time. People are tired of hearing about how "unstable" he is and want to hear serious logical arguments against what he is doing. Unfortunately for liberals, there is none, so they lie, excaudate and straw man.

>several members

u r retarded

inquisitr.com/opinion/4060100/trump-has-no-interest-in-abolishing-cia-instead-grants-them-drone-control/

probably not good

Who says there is no benefit?

This all goes to show the medias agenda. That's why he's picking the fight. There may be no sure way of proving it one way or the other, but the media is just as complicit in this (it takes two to argue, etc). He can play this game and it reveals the media for the petty fraud it is and it costs him nothing in the eyes of people who aren't already decided against him.

Also, if he didn't pick this fight you would be in here asking why he's so weak for ignoring it. Again, he gains nothing from ignoring it and plays to his supporters by fighting it.

Has Korematsu vs the United States ever been overturned? One of these days a mudslime is going to snap and Trump could stuff them into camps

>/opinion/

The media has shown itself completely willing to make things up to hurt him (pissgate, ect). He can't stop them from constantly screaming, but he CAN give them a steady stream of somewhat harmless things to scream about. Every minute they spend circlejerking over an irrelevant innacuracy is a minute not spent inventing atrocities.

It's not complicated at all. He doesn't back down because if someone can't reframe the conversation they'll just hit the wall that is his frame of reality, hence making it impossible for the sharia to get the slightest ground on negotiation, having to make concessions on things they considered their imperatives so that they can simply make him admit something and claim mental superiority despite losing politically.

>"I'll give you this trillion dollars if you agree there is a trillion dollars here"
"Give it to me and I'll count it"
>"Here is proof"
>"Are you dumb"
>"Fine, take it you big baby"
"Yes, those are 1 trillion dollars I have"
>"See, we were right all along!"

The russia "smoke" is orchestrated by the democrats, and they have done a good job.

Trump said multiple times during his speech tour that he was going to work with Russia to solve ISIS in the syria region. This makes sense and is one of the cornerstones of his Isis initiative. If you ask Russia who they like better, Hillary or Trump there is not going to be any doubt.

People forget fast, but Ukraine millionaires have been hillary supporters for some time, after 26M made their way into her foundation Ukraine stopped a treaty they had with russia, kicked off the democratically elected president and put in a US/Europe selected guy to be president.

If you ask Ukraine who they would like to be president, hillary or trump. They would go with Hillary any day. Does this mean that there is smoke here for the democrats? yes, quite a bit more than the trump russia deal. Nobody gives a fuck though, because it should not matter.

Now the coup de grace. Before leaving but during the lame duck session, obama kicked out all of the Rusian embassadors, without cause and it the most offensive way (get out now, in 24hours) Rusia talked to trump and or represantives and Democrats have all they need to shit all over trump for the next four years.

well done obama, trumps inexperience is showing

See my pic