S.2943 - National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017

S.2943 - National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017
114th Congress (2015-2016) - Obama
Sponsor: Sen. McCain, John [R-AZ]
SEC. 1287. Global Engagement Center.
congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/2943/text

Establishes a Global Engagement Center to lead, synchronize, and coordinate efforts of the federal government to recognize, understand, expose, and counter foreign state and non-state propaganda and disinformation efforts aimed at undermining U.S. national security interests.

Authorizes the center to provide grants to support civil society groups, media content providers, nongovernmental organizations, federally-funded research and development centers, private companies, or academic institutions in analyzing, reporting on, and refuting foreign disinformation efforts.

(3) As needed, support the development and dissemination of fact-based narratives and analysis to counter propaganda and disinformation directed at the United States and United States allies and partner nations.

(4) Identify current and emerging trends in foreign propaganda and disinformation in order to coordinate and shape the development of tactics, techniques, and procedures to expose and refute foreign misinformation and disinformation and proactively promote fact-based narratives and policies to audiences outside the United States.

Other urls found in this thread:

obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2016/12/23/statement-president-signing-national-defense-authorization-act-fiscal
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I just read the whole thing. It's literally nothing. Don't waste your time.

Is that supposed to be an ass?

it's like two hamburger buns wrapped with a suicide note

I think that's a perfect ass.

I can't believe we've come to a time where something like this is necessary.
>Support the development and dissemination of fact-based narratives and analysis

Thank fuck this is happening though. Liberals have been lying through their teeth for way too long and a retarded amount of people have been buying it.

it is never gonna happen Sup Forums
:^(

Its a mans ass

That is one flat ass. In 2017 that thing is embarrassing...

>implying this isn't another attempt by the government to push their propaganda and silence everyone that opposes it

HE CANT GET HIS HANDS ON THE NUCLEAR CODES

>MISINFORMATION AND DISINFORMATION
AKA SHITPOSTS

>Its a mans ass
That was obvious without even looking.

very much my line of thinking

So.. a National Propaganda Act?

Signed into law December 23, 2016
Statement by the President on Signing the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017
obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2016/12/23/statement-president-signing-national-defense-authorization-act-fiscal

INTERNATIONAL Propaganda Act

hmmmm...

*BRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP*

dangerous path we are heading down

>YWN OPERATE WITH RICK MORANIS

>government defines "disinformation" as "anything outside of the government narrative"
And now we're fucked. This law would be a horrible idea.

*SNIFFFFF* ah yes my dear, very pungent

Signed into law December 23, 2016
>this law would be a horrible idea.
this law is a horrible idea

thanks for your time, I need to leave