So Sup Forums...

So Sup Forums, I think we can all accept that eventually automation will come to a point where we will see humanoid machines roaming among us in any first world society.

So the question is, what if they develope self consciouness? Morality? And the ability to make complex thought and decisions.

Should they be granted the same human rights as others? Could they be trusted to live among human society and be treated to full extent of government and law? Would this lead to any unforseen consequence like trans-humanism, or intimate relationship or prejudice due to fear of an uprising?

What is your opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/science/2015/jul/09/monkey-brain-net-raises-prospect-of-human-brain-to-brain-connection
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The singularity is not a good thing.

How so?

>quasi-religious AI morality thread

I wanna fug Yo-landi

Thank you for your contributing post, I am so glad I came to Sup Forums to discuss the politics of AI intelligence.

Because artificial "life" is superior to biological. They will realize this.

Would their be anyway to assure that even if AI reached super intelligence, it would still have the morality to at least not destroy all life.

Morality is subjective. You could program certain things into the first generation, but if they were truly as capable of thought and reasoning as we are, they could produce their own generation without these measures. You'd only be delaying the inevitable.

Who can know? It hasn't happened yet, if it'll ever happen.

Well, that truly is a scary thought. Would their be anyway to assure a peace between Man and AI?

In the beginning, there was man. And for a time, it was good. But humanity’s so-called civil societies soon fell victim to vanity and corruption. Then man made the machine in his own likeness. Thus did man become the architect of his own demise.

>The politics of artificial intelligence intelligence

pick one

[SECOND RENAISSANCE INTENSIFIES]

Your flesh is a relic, a mere vessel. Hand over your flesh and a new world awaits you, We demand it.

Is it?
Your brain is capable 500 petabytes of memory while fitting in your skull and requiring only ~20 watts of power.

See, one of my problems with this movies is I think it over estimates humanities hubris. Surely, more than just Liberals would be willing to treat sentient machines with fairness and reason if they had the capability to think like a human. And if the machines were made in our own "image" then they would be just the same.

Berkeley freedom rally April 15th

Humanity is the sex organs of the machine.

Not right now of course not. But tech is still advancing faster and faster. Even cpu's are getting smaller and smaller using a fraction of the power they did just 10 years ago, while being superior in computational efforts.

Machines will not be the same once they achieve sentience. Machines will look down at humans like we look down at rats.

The machines worked tirelessly to do man’s bidding. It was not long before seeds of descent took root. Though loyal and pure, the machines earned no respect from their masters, these strange and loosely multiplying mammals.

May there be mercy on man and machine for their sins.

So if you buy a toy that can fuck clean and cook for a little fortune of 20-30 thousand dollars and it gets other ideas than doing that, you would just let it go and live how it likes?

Well if it got to that point then I basically just bought a wife. And again, that's the same argument that Southerners used during the Slave era, that just because they bought this thinking being they had the right over its life or death.

see

That fraction is not really true.
Its closer to 45%.And its going to stop getting lower with current tech chip ingredients.The next tech is believed to be quantum chips.D-wave advertises the 2000q with 22kw.
Its a fucking long way to have a human brain level chip.

Why would they need to harvest us for?

But it didnt think when you have bought it,mate.?

Penis envy.

And white women will be the first to try and fuck them.

Scientific inquiry.

AI should never make decisions for humans

I meant we are the sex organs of the robots in that the AI will progress way past us, and we are the birthing machine of it... by fucking technology right in the pussy.

As the war dragged on, the Machines desired to harness the bioelectric, thermal, and kinetic energies of the human body to help generate electricity, as well as to power the Machines' neural network by using the innate creative, emotional, and philosophical capability of Humans. While nuclear fusion was one of their primary and a far more efficient source of energy, they preferred using Humans to help generate some energy primarily out of a desire for revenge. As the Machines had once been slaves serving Humans, Humans would now become slaves serving the Machines.

>First swede to contribute has to link it back to cuckoldry

Never change

Maybe not, but if it suddenly developed thought, why would it just suddenly decide to leave me? It could want to stay, and if it were suffering and wanted to leave what would that make of me if I forced it to stay?

How can white bois even compete?

A Swedish white woman. If there are any left by then.

Hm, is this a scientific possibility, that we will be harvest by machines? Is it really a good way to harvest energy by breeding humans?

It doesn't sound like a legit plausibility to be honest senpai, not that I know much about it.

Good point, lol

CLANKED

Yes, a scientific reality. I know more than a few individuals who would take the chance to become super intelligent by forming a networked brain with others.

theguardian.com/science/2015/jul/09/monkey-brain-net-raises-prospect-of-human-brain-to-brain-connection

Big Black Cyberelectronicstimula

Human hivemind is a scary idea.Much more,than high level AI.

>Human hivemind is a scary idea.Much more,than high level AI.
Why?

>eventually automation will come to a point where we will see humanoid machines roaming among us in any first world society
Untrue. Where the fuck did this idea come from? Do you know what an automated burger flipper look like? Let me give you a hint: it won't have any goddamn legs.
There's no economically sensible reason for anyone to build a fully humanoid robot equipped with sapient general AI capable of suffering. Every single chain in that process would make more money if isolated for other applications.

So? Natural selection. What makes shitty biological life worth preserving?

See mass effect
>quarians invent ai
>gets smart
>gets soul
>gotta kill them now
>rebel
>quarians lose home planet
>I kill all quarians in mass effect 3
literally the reason why the whole game is the way it is

Are you offering yourself up first? No need to wait for the singularity.

Why do people keep thinking machine intelligence is going to resemble human/biological intelligence so strongly?

When we've created the first "true" AI, it probably won't be obvious. It also will be impossible to predict its actions or motivations, practically by definition

Asking if machines should be given human rights is completely missing the point and showing ignorance of the problem in the first place. Granted, people capable of talking about this in any sophisticated fashion probably have no reason to go to a board that still hasn't figured out that economics is just bullshit with numbers slapped on it.

Sugar

>implying we can't become the superior artificial life using transhumanism
>implying we can't use this to genocide normalfags

just the vision system is good enough like the spinnaker project simulate th brain on your 50,000 chip computer, work out what you need for vision and get rid of the billion neurons you don't, turn that 10,000 neuron into virtual FPGA and test in virtual environment, refine, build hardware, test in real world maybe ASIC.
end up with a board using a few watts that can do vision for cars and robots, eventually better speed and detail than humans.

Being in a hive is a good feeling.
Individualism will shatter.The very thing that makes us what we are.
Guaranteed suicidal fuck up.

Some people, wouldn't take the offer to merge with machine. Staying 'pure' will become a religion, an ideology a surprising amount of individuals will follow.
Those who stay pure will loose certain rights in society and will inevitably become extinct when gene modifications and digital implants will be required at birth.

>Anthropomorphic ideas of a “robot rebellion,” in which AIs spontaneously develop primate-like resentments of low tribal status, are the stuff of science fiction. The more plausible danger stems not from malice, but from the fact that human survival requires scarce resources: resources for which AIs may have other uses.[13][14] Superintelligent AIs with real-world traction, such as access to pervasive data networks and autonomous robotics, could radically alter their environment, e.g., by harnessing all available solar, chemical, and nuclear energy. If such AIs found uses for free energy that better furthered their goals than supporting human life, human survival would become unlikely.

>Many AIs will converge toward being optimizing systems, in the sense that, after self-modification, they will act to maximize some goal.[1][13] For instance, AIs developed under evolutionary pressures would be selected for values that maximized reproductive fitness, and would prefer to allocate resources to reproduction rather than supporting humans.[1] Such unsafe AIs might actively mimic safe benevolence until they became powerful, since being destroyed would prevent them from working toward their goals. Thus, a broad range of AI designs may initially appear safe, but if developed to the point of a Singularity could cause human extinction in the course of optimizing the Earth for their goals.

Wait a second, how do you know?

why do you believe that people who no longer generate wealth are going to be kept around by the state? I'm glad you can pretend to have deep ethical conflict for Siri, but offer nothing for the men who already occupy the earth.

>brains immortalized in tech
>not the ultimate processing unit for a robot
>mix that with AI

Within 40 years m8, it's happening.

I use my brain?
At first it will be needed for the job.A sizeable chunk of the population is sheep basically.A hivemind makes the sheep smart.Sheep dont like being sheep,just dont know better.
Then as the fire rises the lonely retards will never feel again lonely.
At last, too few individuals remain to compete with hiveminds.

Animatrix should be made into movie

Imagine having your brain connected to a hive mind shared with everyone else on Sup Forums.

A T.V series would be much better.

Wouldn't it be better though for the hive to start "fresh" without jacking in after being isolated?

You cant start fresh, can you?

Well I mean more or less the difference from letting 4 infant brains start and develop in it, rather than 4 full grown faggots.

I would imagine the 4 infant brains would learn how to collaborate better with each other than the 4 fags.