REMINGTON IS KILL

THANKS OBAMA
zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-14/crashing-gun-sales-post-obama-era-causes-mass-layoffs-remington-manufacturing-facili

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oS_GDpZM3ak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is because remshit is shit for the last 2 decades.

>Remington blaming King nigger for their shitty business practices
If the R7 and the 700 wasn't such a shitshow maybe the market wouldn't be ignoring them.

Remington is garbage now anyway, no big loss. Their only claim to fame nowadays is the 870 Wingmaster.

>>>k

What? So, my father who works his ass off in the freaking coal mines somehow didn't work because some user said it on the Internet? You're confusing media narrative and your own biases with reality. Also, the white trash people you are so quick to put down are very important to society. And niggers, really? You might be surprised but some black people actually do work.

>name a bolt gun that has a more expanded aftermarket
Protip: you can't

A lot of the mom and pap gun stores will be hurting. Also gander mountain is shutting down due to a bad gun deal.

Kek. A Remington branch just shut down in my hometown. I also work with Alliance during the summer. Coal is booming now. Your dad working had nothing to do with this.

There's only so many guns people need. Everyone talks about how great the rem 870, I also looked into the rem 700's for long range but they compete directly with howa 1500's. Those are the only rem guns that even ever came to mind when considering guns from remington. Maybe they should consider expanding into ammo to help deal with demand shortages.

>huge aftermarket to make up for the shitty nature of the stock product implies the original product is good

fuck off cerberus shill

>implying people don't buy a Remington 700 for customization
>implying the Remington 700 isn't the AR of the bolt gun world

>Remington doesn't make thunderbolt .22 ammo
>Remington doesn't make the most common sub-sonic .22 in existence

This isn't really politics related but i'll explain why Remington is garbage.

Remington hasn't made anything new in the last 50 years. Their 870 shotgun line is pretty much standard for most police forces.
Their 1911's are one of literally thousands of manufacturers, albeit at a higher price because of the brand.
They have the Remington 700 which is either a deer rifle or a sniper rifle for police and military.
Their newest pistol is an R51, which is a polymer remake of a pistol from the 50s. It was recalled and has been heralded as garbage.

They've been relying on military/government contracts for income, and supplying hunting rifles and shotguns to old people for decades. Its the same reason Colt is dying, Kimber is floundering. Smith & Wesson which was similar to both innovated by joining the polymer pistol crowd, making actual improvements to revolvers, and actually moving the industry forward.

Smith and Wesson hasn't made an improvement to revolvers. The 686 is the epitome of revolvers in the modern world. How the fuck do you improve a fucking revolver that's been around since the 1800s?

Good riddance. Remington hasn't made quality guns since the 80s
>but muh 870
>but muh R700
Kys faggots

haha they're eating this pasta up, the fourth thread i've seen this in

>implying Remington 700 and 870 ae not the small block chevy of firearms

Literally not a thing they make you wouldn't be better off getting another manufacturer for.

I own a Browning Hi-Power (basically a 1911) and a Browning BPS shotgun. Each markedly better

Remington kind of sucks anyway.

>they
Kek

Their actions are great, even on the lower end models, the R8 is an 8 round revolver.

As someone else pointed out, their quality control is shit as well. Like, rust coming on factory sealed shotguns, and non-functioning bolts on the rifles.

Cogent, concise, and thorough. Well put, user. Well put.

They have the Bodyguard and a very popular basic AR line, thier revolvers are still popular and well made, very little of what Remington makes is worth much unless you pay extra which is pointless because you may as well get something better than an acceptable Remington when you can buy a good gun on the baseline model

with the mateba or the chiappa rhino

>two firearms must be the same because they were made by the same person
>Belgium put in charge-of 1911s

Literal meme guns that aren't good enough to be target guns or cheap enough to get taken by the cops as evidence if you ever have to shoot a nigger.

But they cashed in on the polymer frame pistol market and did pretty well. Their AR15s are good entry level guns as well

>Those are the only rem guns that even ever came to mind when considering guns from remington.
Don't forget the 760/7600. They were hot shit back it the day. I have a 760 .30-06 that is amazing. Perfect caliber for a north-american "large" game.

It is a family heirloom that was passed from my grandfather who purchased it new all the way to me. Unfortunately I am the oldest male in my family.

I know for a fact that there are lots of dead animals because of this gun. Deer, bighorn sheep and more than a few bears.

We're not on /k/, I can't explain my sexual fetish for magazine disconnect to normies

>Remshit is crashing and burning.
Good. Less overpriced trash on gunstore shelves sounds nice.

How fucking stupid are you? Reason gun sales soared is becuz people thought obama would ban gun sales so sales went through the roof. now trump in and fear goes away. Thus sales drop.

Remington sucked before either Trump or Obama. Or Bush for that matter. Want a good American firearm? Get a Henry.

>magazine disconnect fetish
I'd prefer you rape fucking dogs because that way I wouldn't have to deal with that retardation

>very popular AR line
How the fuck is that innovative? They have made zero improvements to the revolver SINCE ATLEAST the 70s

Gander Mountain is shit, every gun is overpriced, and when i go to buy a gun I ALWAYS wait for a deal

If i sold what i have i would profit off of every one. The people who work there also suck most of the time, sometimes they are alright.

>686 is the epitome of revolvers in the modern world
>cant even shoot +P buffalo bore

Smith and wesson a shit

I'll import a French Manurhin before I buy that pig trash

They made it affordable; $500 for an M&P15 when other manufacturers were $1000. they also quickly built the reputation for working well.

I'm pretty much convinced that Remington and Colt are just elaborate scams at this point to dupe both investors and people ignorant to firearms.

>overpriced
Remington 700 and 870 are easily the most budget friendly, best aftermarket and user friendly guns on the market

You didn't read the article nimrod

Gun prices are coming down because people aren't panic buying anymore. But people are still buying guns, they are just avoiding remington because remington has gone to shit and word gets around.

I bought a Remington 1911 r1.
I was highly disappointed in it.
out of the box it shot 5" low and 1' left.
comes with 7 round clips...

It's not innovation, it's seeing market trends and doing basic QC that keeps them afloat. There is no more room to innovate with guns maybe bullets but not guns that would be like saying there's room to innovate with the mechanical watch. Materials will get better and maybe ergonomics but it's done until a major leap in propellant tech happens.

You can't, at least not from france, some weird bullshit laws around that now

Remington's parent company also killed Marlin through shit quality control.

>implying PSA and the build-your-own market didn't drive prices down

Both are shit.
Tikka T3x is a better choice than the 700
and a Mossberg is a better choice than an 870.

Post-Cerberus Remington is shit.

This. Cerberus group fucked everything up.

Fucking yuppie investors.

Cerberus get out. Pre cerberus 870s are fine. New production 870s are shit and the 700 is more of a ratty pipe bolted to a stock than a gun.

REM
SHIT

Wow I guess now you are going to tell me that Chrysler makes good cars too

Here is the catch.

1. French law prohibits the exportation of handguns outside of the EU if the firearms are NEW

>find a guy to buy it in another Euro country
>buy it from him
>pay an importer to do the paperwork to get here
>wait a while
>gun arrives
>background check

A pain in the ass, but possible.

There is a similar process for Korth Revolvers as well, as they are made in Germany and they also have cucked laws.

That wouldn't explain the rifles themselves crashing in price. The labor involved in putting together an AR is like 30 bucks at most

Ah, I contacted former distributors about that and that's probably what they were talking about

I'm all for tikka. I own two. Compare the aftermarket of the two. That has a meaning to purpose builds

What? So, my father who works his ass off in the freaking Chrysler Factory somehow didn't work because some user said it on the Internet? You're confusing media narrative and your own biases with reality. Also, the white trash people you are so quick to put down are very important to society. And niggers, really? You might be surprised but some black people actually do work.

Thats the .223 right?
Worst fucking recoil I've ever had for a bolt action yet extremely satisfying bolt cocking.

They used to be the standard for the average man. Every since they got bought out by the freedom group their quality has been shit.

700 comes in many many calibers.

I bought a Colt LE6920, and I regret nothing. Dat rollmark.
But I'd rather have a Moss(((berg))) 590 than an 870, and a Savage than a 700. I've just heard too many anecdotes about their lack of quality compared to what Remington used to be.

>You might be surprised but some black people actually do work.

Has meme magic gone too far?

t. Someone that's never shot a gun before
.223 has nothing to do with this

>.223
>worst recoil
lol check out this vagina

>a company that sells murder weapons is going out of business

and i should care why?

Who needs aftermarket when you can get a Savage rifle that is perfect out of the box.

What the fuck are you talking about? I didn't say that people at Chrysler don't work hard? I said their cars are shit. That has nothing to do with the pepole that work there. I also didn't say anything about white trash or niggers so what the fuck are you smoking?

>useful items that are budget friendly are comparable to Chrysler
Wew lad

Remington just lost a big calass action lawsuit for shitty triggers. Also gun sales are down.People aren't worried Trump is going to take their guns so their was no rush to buy, post this election desu

It's a pasta.

Kek

By that logic Scions are world-class vehicles

This picture never fails to make me laugh

when did cerberus start? I have a 870 from the early 90s and it's still a great shotgun

always wanted a 700 but now I'm not so sure. maybe stick with nugget and FAL

>cheap
>nigger guns
>white trash guns
>only poor faggots that work at Chrysler buy them

Remington
>Chrysler of guns

>the 3rd party aftermarket makes the manufacturer better

You really don't understand green text do you

Why would anybody buy a remington pistol when they could buy a cz p01?

>the aftermarket doesn't represent what consumers want

>infinite ammo

>Useful items

No idea where cerberus came from or when they bought Remington, but it seems to have been in the last 10-15 years. If you still want a good bolt gun, don't get a 700. Get a Tikka or Savage.

>posting a hacked up version of the most popular shotgun of all time
>not posting the most popular bolt rifle of all time (Remington 700)

someone edit this to read "alimony stock photo"

almost bought an express ust to magpul out when dicks was blowing them out a few weeks back, every review I read went inot detail about how shit the quality was and how it rusts if you look at it funny. Apparently everything went ot shit after they sold to freedom corp or something.

I'll go with a mossy.

Oh look. It's the only reason you even know what an R 700 is

Let's see your R 700 then faggot. That's what I thought

>Senior Correspondent Scott Cohn examines allegations that the Remington Model 700- series hunting rifle is prone to firing without pulling the trigger, and that its manufacturer, Remington, has been aware of this concern for almost 60 years. Dozens of deaths, scores of injuries, and more than a thousand customer complaints have been linked to the alleged problem. This original documentary aired on Wednesday, October 20th.
youtube.com/watch?v=oS_GDpZM3ak

/k/ knows all about Remington and how it's bad it is.

good question.

>not buying a GLAWK brand GLAWK

It's not even called an R700 you fucking noguns. It's just a model 700.

This

Remington was holding on by a thread for ten years

>implying I'm budget-minded

>liking magazine disconnects

>tfw no m40 clone

Kebco LLC is the only authorized Manurhin importer in the country that I'm aware of. Prices start at $3k+ and You have to wait 12 months for your revolver to be built, but it's the only way to get a factory new Manurhin.

The alternative is finding a surplus MR-73. They've been irregularly imported over the past few years and go for $500-$1200.

Manurhins pop up once in a blue moon for 550 or so. A little rough but function fine.

Remington has been shitting out overpriced garbage since the 1970s. They get what they deserve for their bad practices.

All their new shit is just that. Shit.

Pre Cerberus is the only thing of theirs worth money.

My old 1100 is in great shape and just works, their newer models have major finish issues.

Their 887's finished peeled off.

Those are the surplus ones I mentioned. As rough as they are, they're still preferable to S&W.

I just bought a new 870 tactical, how fucked am I?

They're fine. Put 1000 rounds through them without reading online and tell me what happens

Remington has been shit since the buyout, nothing of value was lost.

>name a bolt gun that shoots your nuts off randomly when you put the safety on and dont have fingers anywhere near the trigger
protip: Remington 700