What is Sup Forums's favorite work of art?

What is Sup Forums's favorite work of art?

A picture of better times

His paintings were pretty decent, shame he wasn't accepted to the academy.

Triumph of death

the black prince at crecy

I feel like eventually the shilling will become so abstract we won't even know when it's happening. Like some sort of post-modern shilling.

I can't stand the more contemporary pieces of art, much less (((modern art))). The true golden age of painting was the romantic and maybe the impressionist period. (my opinion)

kek

australian shitposting

Most of these are basically just old photographs. What's the point if there's no real creatively ? At least modern art is forced to do something original than just a landscape or scene

Late impressionism got incredibly redpilled.

It's almost all about the toll that the drug of decadence and degeneracy take on the human psyche.

I see it more as a snapshot of reality, your creativity is expressed through the colors and details you put into your work. In terms of modern art, it is more implied creativity and the need to seem cultured that really drives it along.

One of my favorites as well! Good taste Brit-bro...

This one

My kids.

Jorge Luis Borges' short story 'El sur'.

Thanks man

Creativity, eh? Yup, modern art has the market cornered. Pic related.

beautiful

Math proofs. I only like math proofs.

>the true redpill

ow could hue b zo le heartless

the dogs playing poker photograph. i'd post it but its not on my phone. its really cool though, check it out

came in here to post this

it's so soothing

here's something similar

Whatever floats your boat mate.

It's really fascinating watching manet come full circle. His early stuff celebrated the hedonism of the time, his late works were all about how it was nothing but a relentless meat grinder that chewed away at the souls of those who partook in it or needed to engage it to put food on their plates, leaving them empty shells of who they once were.

The Haywain Triptych is perhaps the densest and most meaningful work I've ever laid eyes on.

Was he /ourguy/

I member that :)

>damn the art world is too full of limitations, gotta get rid of those
>talent is a limitation, gotta go
>experience is a limitation, gotta go
>aesthetics are a limitation, gotta go
>beauty is a limitation, gotta go
>art is a limitation, gotta go
>mmm hmm mm yes that's perfect

Actually, most of Bosch's stuff is really based.

I get so many good references from these threads

India Hindu obviously

Bierstadts the shit

Good choice

In my opinion, the greatest work of art ever created

Always been one of my favorites

who is this?

I like their poetry more, not so much their artwork.

>Bierstadts
Hell yeah, were you in this same thread like 6 weeks ago when I was dropping Bierstadts Americana?

Michelangelo was a genius

That there is still debate over whether Norman Rockwell was an artist while Duchamp gets a free pass is proof of how far the academic art world has fallen.

Don't think so, but quality/good taste in art brings people together.

This, and equations too (pertaining to applied or pure math). My relationship with mathematics (pure or applied) is similar an artist has with paintings. Math is art

I remember when I was in elementary school and I decided to read Euclid's elements; it was so beautiful. That book to this day remains the foundation of all my thought

He was amazing, I don't believe I have it saved but his Thanksgiving painting is currently hanging in my house. (a reproduction)

Carol Evans is my favorite contemporary painter. Watercolor. Her work is must-see for Northwesterners.

Grant Woods' American Expressionist landscapes were god-tier

It's okay. Nice use of color. Not sure about their representation of human form, though, something about it seems off. Not sure what though.

I think that's in Savannah, GA. That's an amazing painting, fellow burger.

Go see it

This user gets it

Frederic Edwin Church.

That's pretty sweet, actually.

Nice!

>(a reproduction)

You don't say, lol

Its film art, so doesnt really belong in this thread, but this film is probably my favorite work of art in the world.

19th Century American art best American art

damn, looks like a photo

i guess this counts

Protip: reverse image search for threads like this is life-saving.

Hail, fellow art-lovers.

Remember, the degenerate shit should be burned. Don't post it, I don't want to see it, it makes me sick

Thomas Hart Benton.

Wish I understood math on that level. Do you have advice for a high IQ layman? Got a 670 on the math portion of the SAT (perfect on verbal), and while I sometimes struggle with math (most recently calc, statistics), I do truly enjoy working things out. And I've read some popular writings on math.

Is there some kind of website where I do appropriately-challenging problems that have that beautiful quality?

I mean its a infinitesimal start, start looking for art that brings up emotions or evokes a sense of awe or pride.

Hard to argue with that, honestly

You mean there are emotions beyond Jew-hate? Aw, we're growing up.

not a weeb, but this is great

The base hate of the Jew, is exactly that a base, upon which you can build a structure of culture and class, otherwise you become just another piece of white skinhead trash.

Ignore the realism, everything has been arranged intentionally in paintings by the greats. It's not like today where there are people that are good at realism but utterly suck at arranging it because they think a pleasing composition just comes from chance without any planning. For this very reason there are photographs that are more pleasing than other photographs. This obviously also applies to abstract art. In fact basis to a good composition is an abstract armature, like what Mondrain did. People just think he did random rectangles but he was making nice thought out balanced compositions (there are many other ways to make composition than just using perpendicular lines though).