Frenchwoman With Down's Syndrome Fulfils TV Dream

bbc.com/news/world-europe-39269808

A young Frenchwoman with Down's syndrome has fulfilled her dream of presenting the weather on television after a Facebook campaign that was supported by more than 200,000 people.

Melanie Segard, 21, hosted a segment of the forecast on the national public channel France 2 on Tuesday night.

The campaign "Melanie peut le faire", or Melanie can do it, was set up by a French charity in an effort to promote awareness and inclusion.

"I'm different, but I'd like to show everyone that I can do a lot of things," she said.

She received four days of training from France 2's weather team, including tips on presenting in front of the green wall where the graphics are digitally projected.

Her story has been covered extensively on French media and shared widely on social media.

"Melanie cannot read or write. The goal is to make her feel integrated," Nathalie Rihouet, head of the weather service of France Televisions, told the French newspaper Le Parisien (in Arabic).

beautiful. :')

Other urls found in this thread:

i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/160927210830-tk-ah0927-exlarge-169.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>beautiful. :')

It's a nice gesture you edgy autistic fuck.

FBPB

>OP: I'm an edgy nihilist bro

???????????????????????????????

Are you projecting?

the pinnacle of virtue signalling

Bless her.

anyone who hates this is just a massive dick.

>not being muslim inclusive
absolutely disgusting

I wanna fuck that tard

>21
Is it legal to fuck retards? Asking for a friend.

This is fine.

If they fired the full-time anchor and replaced her with the downie to combat ableism it would be a different story.

Awww, a girl who gets to have a shot at living because she was lucky enough not to have a liberal mother who would have aborted her because her condition wouldn't have been convenient for her liberal feminist lifestyle.

And she's surrounded by people who care. Liberals are literally shaking at this.

>that pic
what.the.fuck

Cute.

TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?

Do you want to spend your entire life caring for a kid whose favorite color is dog? I mean the downs guy I know is really nice and all but his family had a really hard time training him to not swear after high school. Abortion is degenerate but so is willingly bringing retarded people into the world.

True... Batkid was really retarded though

Thats sweet

When they're your family you understand better. Even the ones that are super fucking difficult can be interesting to be around.

this

>beautiful :')

What did OP mean by this?

Downies should all be aborted

>(in Arabic)
you freakish bastard delete this RIGHT NOW

Let the retard have her day then euthanize

I'm sure in the case of people like downies that's true. I just feel for their suffering, even if they don't know there's anything better in the world, and don't want more people to have to live that reality. Especially for the severely retarded.

It's not illegal to fuck retards......... But the context here is weird..... Because of gay incest.

good for her 2bh

make a wish type shit

She looks similar to Pepe.

we've all encountered things in life that we had difficulty understanding, or could not understand. Imagine having that constantly

Feels like a feels thread now

She kinda look like Pepe.

chekkum

Kek

Fixed image here.

instant classic

Please swiftly prune this fucking retarded bot thread and shutitdown.jpg immediately, non-relevant thread. omfg

I met a down syndrome guy for the first time in my life a few months back, unironically he was one of the best people I've spoken to. He liked to talk about sports a lot. He wasn't a drooling retard like I imagined down's syndrome people to be. He was more intelligent than a lot of normies out there to be honest.

>It's a

Who am I quoting?

What's wrong with this? Nothing wrong with helping disabled people.

Are you a bot?

True
Though, the education level they can reach is very limited, they aren't babbling and drooling retards.