Corporal Punishment

does Sup Forums approve of such things? whether its for certain criminals or for children

also, were you ever spanked/ belted while growing up? if so, do you think it added to your character, or was it harmful?

Nice. Where did you get that pic from?

谷歌.com

better and cheaper than prison

I can't decode that. But how old were you when you realised our policymakers were redpilled as fuck?

Truly a barbaric act that does not fit in a civilized society.

yes

and some repeat offenders arent scared of prison time, this spells it out loud for them

its just google lol

about 22 or so i guess

but i never disapproved of caning, i think it helps

whats more barbaric, a few welts and 10 years or 20 years in max?

If his face weren't covered up, you'd see the enormous smile on his face....

Seriously though, I do remember back in the 90's an American teen who vandalized a wall in Singapore with spray paint I believe, and he got a caning (this might actually be him in the pic, actually).

May seem barbaric, but I'll bet that fucker never picks up another can of rustoleum as long as he lives.

>does Sup Forums approve of such things?
Psychology studies indicate that positive punishment doesn't effectively deter unwanted behavior. What it does is instill an escape and avoid mentality where individuals seek to hide and sneak their bad behavior away from authorities. Positive reinforcement is proven to be a much better incentive for prosocial behavior modification.

But of course, criminal justice is nearly always "after the fact." And as such, without significant public punishment, you give your populace the impression that criminality is acceptable. Also, without adequate punishment, victims and their families can feel the government isn't fulfilling their part of the social contract between government and the governed.

The chief goal of all criminal justice measures is to reduce crime and reduce recidivism. Corporal punishment isn't a long term solution to either problem.

Checked
But to how do we determine which crime should be given wich punishment?

not a wall, he spray painted several cars and stole/destroyed traffic signs

the sentence was 6 strokes but it got reduced to 4 afterwards

Abso-fucking-lutely. I honestly wish more nations would take a page out of Singapore's book and start caning for petty crimes. It saves time, saves money, and it works better than jail to boot.

This.

but its also for repeat offenders, for example rapists

so, yes i would say it does reduce crime, after they get a real taste of it the chances of them wanting to commit the same crime again is lower

>misdemeanors
First offence fine and caning
Repeat offence fine caning and halfway house
>felonies
first offence hard labor
repeat offence death

>Psychology studies
You realize half of all psychology studies are unrepeatable because its a junk science

Ahhh, that's right, thanks. I knew it was along those lines. In either case, he broke the law and got the local punishment- seems fair to me. Like the saying goes: "never do anything great unless you're prepared to accept the congratulations."

Does anyone still think that teaching our kids at a young age that violence is the solution to problems is going to make them good and contributing member of society? I dont see how its going to solve anything, chances are the only thing your kids are gonna learn is how to avoid getting caught.

although i do think actual torture and execution for certain criminals is a good idea though.

Like rapists and child molesters, even though i realize its hard to get through, especially with rapists since almost everything you do will make someone cry rape

This theory falls apart when you're dealing with straight up degenerates. Aboriginals don't give a fuck about going to Jail, because all Jail is to them is a warm bed, free food, and a chance to meet up with their family. Punishment ceases to be effective when the people being punished do worse to themselves on a daily basis.

Pain is a universal language on the other hand.

>kids at a young age that violence is the solution to problem
But it is you fucking numale faggot

>doesn't effectively deter

Blah blah blah. Punishment isn't for deterrence. You punish somebody because they deserve to be punished, and to fail to punish them would be unjust. You don't see what future benefit the punishment will bring to decide whether to punish. If someone earned their punishment, they must be punished.

>Oh shit hot picture
>Oh wait, that's not a girls ass
>There's no tits
gross, why would you do that.

I don't think children should be hit outside of punishment for something extreme (beating up a smaller kid, intentionally hurting animals, or anything else that must be stopped immediately)

But I do think that caning/flogging would be an excellent punishment for smaller crimes such as vandalism, petty theft, and other smaller crimes against property. A verbal warning will not deter a shoplifter or other criminal, but the threat of a few lashes will give any reasonable person pause.

Additionally, the punishment should be public or streamed online so that other people can see the shame of the individual and further reinforce the message that you should not fuck with other people's things.

canes for sale at a local general store, for disciplining children. Still very common nowadays.

I was often caned while growing up, up until 14 or so

I dont think its harmful, although it did make me hate my dad for a while

schools here cane too (but only boys, and they use a much bigger cane). It was often done in front of the whole class or even school.

*BBBRRRAAAAAAPPPPTTTT*

those are table fans retard

Spanking turns you into a degenerate and I thought you guys hated degenerates?

Literally nigger tier.

I think we could get rid of prisons if there were only two types of punishments, whipping for minor crimes and death for violent crimes. That would be much better than what we have today.

if caning exists in the US there wouldnt be niggers

tyrones and jamals were much more well behaved when they still could be whipped

Yes. Criminals shouldn't have rights at all and children need to get their ass beat to understand consequences to actions.

What could go wrong with that?

I know that guy
SAS my niggers

In Britain it was very common for rugby lads to have cane marks on their buttocks. This was because when they misbehaved the teacher would give them an option between missing the next rugby game or enduring the cane as punishment,

Of course the toughest boys would opt for the cane because they wouldn't miss a game for anything. As a result whenever they got "accidentally" mooned during a game you could see the marks on them.

>tfw you will never be teacher with the privilege to spank a rugby lad's arse

Maybe once we leave Brexit, Theresa May will being it back. One can only hope.

really? where is he now

it got outlawed or smtg?

funny how we still keep your laws because it works for us

Rugby is such a benders sport.

At uni they used to put their dicks in their pints and force each other to down them while the civilised football lads looked on in disbelief.

Banned in the 80s for most of the country, but in Northern Ireland it remained legal until 2003. Lots of guys from NI who are my age now probably experienced corporal punishment in school, something I find really hot.

I think theres a difference between school and uni rugby. A lot of people who join the uni rugby team have no previous experience in the sport desu.

I do think football lads have nicer bodies though, but they aren't as willing to go shirtless as their rugby counterparts.

Honestly that is kinda gay

i was spanked and belted in the face with fists, definitely helped build character.

>Corporal Punishment
>spanked/ belted while growing up

it is a violation of the NAP so it is universally immoral. Your opinions do not matter. Also spanking lowers IQ.

Depends on the environment of country, might work for Asians, but not for westerners.
German cuck mentality is that one should pay for such services, on other hand children and proud people might consider that as punishment.

I don't think the state should have the power to inflict violence on its subjects.

>be australian
>be born
>instantly punched in the face
>welcome to the world cunt

>believing in moral objectivism meme

hows "morality" working out for your europe?

>hows "morality" working out for your europe?
How is collectivism working out for you?
How is not being able to think critically working out for you?

lol that's gay as fuck

How is being entirely dependent on Europeans working out for you?

it's a cultural thing.

Support it 100%.

well I live in a very low crime country with a extremely high GDP(PPP) , so yes its working out very well, thank you very much

>entirely dependent on Europeans
??

That's what they want you to think, really they're all sissy boy homos. I mean just listen to their accent

> belted until I quit crying
> belted for "bad" report card once (less than 'A' grades)
> math, geography, history skills not improved by belting

Fuck off cunt, american's hate Aussie's because we can fuck your women way easier than you can.

So you are saying that the initiation of the use of force is universally moral / desirable behavior?

Why are you crying?
Because your fucking belting me.
Stop crying ya little cunt.
Stop fucking hitting me!

When I visited Singapore all I saw was white people in business suits.

Seems like if they left your country would collapse.

Also I went to the history museum their and they even admit that Raffles lifted Singapore from a cess pool to commercial hub.

Lee Kwan Yu is a pretty cool guy though I'll give you that.

t.khan

>american's hate Aussie's because we can fuck your women way easier than you can

Now now, we all know that's because American women are so dumb they think Australians are Brits.

correction...
> belted until the day when belting no longer produced a tearful response

hit me until your arm is tired. you won't get a satisfying response.

>universally moral / desirable behavior?

thats entirely subjective,isnt it?

if it leads to a better society or a better person, why wouldn't it be desirable? but fair laws is important, obviously you dont go around caning people/kids for no good reason or explanation

and you forget not everyone can be swayed by logic or persuasion. Do you think jailing people for decades instead is more moral?

>all I saw was white people in business suits.

>thinking all white people = europe

>thinking china doesnt have a massive stake in singapore now

>thinking the US navy's pacific fleet's SEA base isnt here

raffles did discover singapore yes, but desu he left most of the running and nitty gritty development to other people.

You would have to be pretty fucking stupid to confuse a low test, shit mouthed, Mus-cuck Brit for an Aussie.

This happened to all my siblings over time, my mother broke her arm belting my sister when she was 3.

>Psychology studies indicate that positive punishment doesn't effectively deter unwanted behavior.

Bullshit.

Burn yourself with a hot fucking pan, and you're going to drop it, and not touch it again until you check to see if it's hot. Those "studies" you refer to are conducted by PUSSIES that think reality, aka positive punishment, is "cruel".

>What it does is instill an escape and avoid mentality where individuals seek to hide and sneak their bad behavior away from authorities.

That's because the punishment was ineffective, or the conditioning effect was extinguished. The same thing happens when using positive reinforcement.

>Positive reinforcement is proven to be a much better incentive for prosocial behavior modification.

Positive reinforcement is dependent on how much value is placed on the reward by the individual, and this means motivating "society" with rewards is a losing proposition as greedy people will always want more. Pain, however, is primal, and pretty much free to dispense at any given moment.

You just proved my point that Singapore is entirely dependent on other people.

I mean it's not even a bad thing; it's actually pretty clever what Singapore did. They realised early on they were too small to do everything themselves so outsourced everything while still somehow reaping the benefits themselves.

>thats entirely subjective,isnt it?
No, theories about preferences which can be enforced (aka ethics) are universal

>if it leads to a better society or a better person
subjectivism: For a talented thief, stealing is better than working

>and you forget not everyone can be swayed by logic or persuasion
Logic is the most powerful pursuader. Logical contradiction creates a permanent cognitive dissonance.
>Do you think jailing people for decades instead is more moral?
Strawman. The answer is no though :)

>Logic is the most powerful pursuader.

Bullshit.

If that was the case we'd all be eating a healthy diet, exercising, avoiding drugs and alcohol, and quit using shit that pollutes our environment.

You must have the life experience of a 13 year old...

>does Sup Forums approve of such things? whether its for certain criminals or for children
Yes, because it instills discipline. Look at America & the West, most of the children grow up to be spoiled brats who don't respect their parents, act rebellious & don't usually get high grades in school because they aren't forced to study. But in Asian countries like China, Taiwan, Malaysia and other South East Asian countries, where children are spanked, these children learn to fear & respect their parents & become disciplined adults, sadly for us, corporal punishment here is now very seldom, that's why a lot of Filipinos today are dumb because their parents don't spank them to study.

>also, were you ever spanked/ belted while growing up? if so, do you think it added to your character, or was it harmful?
Yes, but not to the point of getting bruises, I get the belt & the stick a lot, now I'm a person who has a lot of potential because I have high grades.

well yea, we dont have natural resources or anything. Its best to play the political and trading game with the big boys for us.

>muh textbook ethics

you didnt answer my question. So what do you do to criminals who dont give a toot about your "logic persuasion"? and you wont jail them, because jailing is "immoral" right?

When me and my family went to Singapore's when I was 9, we heard about what happened. We were there right after ,like a few months. We were the best behaved kids we could be. Corporal punishment works.

>Bullshit.
The lack of moral behavior is the direct result of the absence of rational arguments in favor of such behavior. We live in a world that almost completely lacks logic and reason.
Some people are just "evil" or stupid, the majprity is obviously not.
>If that was the case we'd all be eating a healthy diet, exercising, avoiding drugs and alcohol, and quit using shit that pollutes our environment.
First start providing rational arguments instead of false truths, and then observe the results. You are observing results of a world that LACKS reason and incorrectly correlate this to an unrelated factor.

Your insults don't affect me, they only affect your own reputation.

>Burn yourself with a hot fucking pan, and you're going to drop it, and not touch it again until you check to see if it's hot.
You drop that pan in my kitchen and you're out. Fuck off with your weak ass bullshit, limp-wristed libshit.

>So what do you do to criminals
The initiation of the use of force is immoral.
It is as immoral as slavery.
You are asking "who will gather the cotton if we abolish slavery?"
This question is irrelevant since morality comes before outcome.

stop avoiding the question and answer it

i dont care what you think about morality, answer the question.

if you cant, your stance is flawed

>Burn yourself with a hot fucking pan, and you're going to drop it, and not touch it again until you check to see if it's hot. Those "studies" you refer to are conducted by PUSSIES that think reality, aka positive punishment, is "cruel".

I don't even remember most of the 'offences' I committed to receive the beatings I received. Of the few I do remember, all classed under 'disobedience', I don't associate the beatings with the actions nut with the abuser instead. My mother wonders why I don't call frequently.

Do you or any of your siblings still feel close to her?
Beat your kids, enjoy a lonely old age.

>i dont care what you think about morality, answer the question
I don't care what YOU think about outcome-based "morality". I care about ethics. You don't, you judge outcomes and live in a bubble of subjectivism.

The answer to your question is "I don't care"

Nah, I think we should do an exile thing instead. Dump all our criminals on some island in the pacific

>I get the belt & the stick a lot, now I'm a person who has a lot of potential because I have high grades.

And your math skills improve with every stroke.... right?

>blah blah blah im too good for your questions

why are you even in this thread?

you provide no real solution and live in a fairy tale perfect world

if the idealistic stuff you espouse even remotely works the world wouldnt end up like this

>moral behavior

Morality is a social construct, subjective, and changes depending on the region and culture you happen to be a part of at any given time.

>rational arguments

You obviously lack the ability to reason, so I'm not wasting any more time with you.

We're done.

>I don't even remember most of the 'offences' I committed

Just because your mother was a retard and didn't know how to properly utilize operant conditioning doesn't mean it "doesn't work", it means your mother was a retard.

Beat your kids. Beat them real good so they will always remember who beat them. Beat them so the memories last until you are very old. Do it for me.

You don't "beat" children, you dumb fuck, you CONDITION them.

You'd know the difference if you weren't such a fucking pussy moron.

Now go cry yourself to sleep.

oh!, Well then... I was under the mistaken impression that you advocated for 'corporal' punishment or physical punishment intended to cause physical pain on a child.

Since you are only advocating for 'operant conditioning' similar to a Skinner Box (ref: B.F. Skinner) then I guess that is different.

>CONDITION your kids. CONDITION them real good so they will always remember who CONDITIONED them. CONDITION them so the memories last until you are very old. Do it for me.

See what a difference that makes?

>Now go cry yourself to sleep.

I guess you missed the posts where I quit crying and the CONDITIONING ceased.

low energy trolling

Pain is part of the conditioning process, moron.

We're done.

Maybe, but for violent crime only. Premeditated/organized violent crime.

You're done coward. I'm not. Yes, I called you a coward. You are a coward because you inflict pain on children too small to fight back effectively. You will do it until they are big enough to fight back. Maybe on that day you get a beating, maybe you don't.

>CAUSE PAIN TO your kids. CAUSE PAIN TO them real good so they will always remember who CAUSED PAIN TO them. CAUSE PAIN TO them so the memories last until you are very old. Do it for me. Please?

(((jewish fake pseudo-science))) says you should be a good goyim and do things opposite than what has been done by your ancestors for thousands of years because the jews say so!

I'm already good at math, no need spanks for that

>I'm already good at math, no need spanks for that

Not so good at reading comprehension though. Maybe someone can beat an ability to recognize sarcasm into you?

Can you just stop posting? No one cares about the views of a jungle chimp. I've just stopped reading your posts because of their low quality. Please, go learn to write English properly and compellingly before returning.

>I'm already good at math, no need spanks for that

You are not very good at reading comprehension though. Maybe someone can beat an ability to recognize sarcasm into you?

I think you're a retard, thats not corporal punishment, thats a sex act.

I live in texas, where can I find a good cane for punishing my girlfriend? I've tried hobby stores and sex shops already.