Could Manorialism work today?

Would you swear fealty to an individual in exchange for a place to live, food, and a small income?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manorialism

bump

beer ne bon
what is th1 difference between this and feudaalism

I think there is a good amount of overlap. Feudalism refers to the legal relationship between lord and subject. Manorialism refers to the economic system.

something retainer-ish would be alright
but that individual would have to be a great individual

Providing room & board doesn't have to be too expensive. I can see it being worth it in exchange for ~30 hours of time a week.

yes.

What would your requirements be?

Do the fruits of my labor for the most part benefit my immediate community/tribe or do they line the lords pockets?

Bow to the empress

What if your community/tribe are the same as the lord's dependents?

this is basically what I meant

Say you get free room and board, and are free to pursue your own income save for a ~20 hour levee per week?

It's not free if you have to work for it. And skilled jobs pay would cover that anyways.

UBI in a nutshell

I already have this.

I own a small temporary housing company.

I pay my workers in free housing, health benefits, food, and minimum wage. I live in california so the free housing is worth 14k per year minimum.

I never hire californians. I hire people from other parts of the country who want to live in california. I loan them the money to move out here and provide other loans as needed for transportation needs and anything else to get them at the jobsite.

Work week is only about 25 hours long. So 90% of their actual pay goes to paying me for all the shit i give them. That and loan interest.

Mandatory 1 year contract before you can leave. Which also happens to be the exact moment they can start signing up for California welfare.

I have 7 employees right now. Had 13 last year. Got another huge order coming in so I will likely need about 8 more dudes in the coming months.
I am actually moving the whole family of one of my workers over next month on loan. He has 3 brothers so it should be well worth it.

Tbh this is more like sharecropping than feudalism or manorialism. Both of which are retarded becasue you pledge loyalty to a person instead of an immortal corporation. Also you cant leave.

pst. Anyone want to live in the bay area of california for a year rent free? You only need to work 25 hours a week and only shop at the company store.

Seems like an okay arrangement to be totally honest. If I had to work for room and board I'd probably do it.

quality

Are you callinf me a strawman.

More like "Manurism"

Go fuck yourself, shithead.

TRUMP 2016!

Can I come a seize the means of production

t. Californian

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

yeah I would subscribe to sharecropper quarterly