Traditionally, most boomerangs used by aboriginal groups in Australia were 'non-returning'

>Traditionally, most boomerangs used by aboriginal groups in Australia were 'non-returning'

Post YFW when abo's were just throwing sticks at animals.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jPj53n33F7Q
youtu.be/FD50OTR3arY
youtube.com/watch?v=_prtbj4MtDU
youtube.com/watch?v=1_oK076OApk
news.softpedia.com/news/Who-Are-the-Fang-People-79570.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=6FHUUcwBVWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Aboriginals perfected geometry

Hunting boomerangs aren't designed to return. If you intend to hit the animal why would you design it to come back?

> (OP)
>Hunting boomerangs aren't designed to return. If you intend to hit the animal why would you design it to come back?

Because what if you miss, you fucking Abbo.

Same as if you miss with a spear? You either throw another one or you go and pick it up.

If that's the point, why the fuck call it a boomerang and not a stick?

explain why its called a boomerang then faggot

>abos btfo

AIDF pls go

No that's why african tribes put strings on spears. Because theyre fucking smart.

This thread is fucking retarded bullshit, but is there any boomerang that actually returns to sender? I thought it was just a meme.

if you already have a curved stick, why not make a bow and arrow, much more effective.

>look up aborigine inventions

>literally jack shit

>they never even invented the bow and arrow

>when they were found, they weren't even fucking prehistoric in terms of technology, they might as well have not even fucking TRIED for 40,000 FUCKING YEARS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

it works. have seen irl. can confirm.

>wogs

>A boomerang is a tool, typically constructed as a flat air foil that, when thrown, is designed to spin about an axis perpendicular to the direction of its flight.
You're thinking of a returning boomerang.

Sticks don't spin on an axis perpendicular to it's direction of travel. It's still a stick, it's just a specific type of stick.

It's a throwing club. Weighted like a club (read: heavier than just a stick) but also aerodynamic for throwing.

> (You)
>Same as if you miss with a spear? You either throw another one or you go and pick it up.

Welp, that's what I get for trying to explain advanced concepts to a glue huffing gas sniffer.

Reminder to ignore all Australian posts.

t. rama rama

newfag

I'm by no means an expert on aboriginal history but I do know a little more about it than most I guess.

>why not make a bow and arrow, much more effective
Not against the kind of animals that abos were hunting, which are either long-flying birds or land animals which move incredibly fast and have very long limbs. A throwing stick (which were used alongside bows and arrows in places like central Europe and north Africa) is always better for that.

Necessity is the mother of invention. If there are no animals around that you need a bow and arrow to hunt it's not going to occur to you to make one.

Look at some parts of Central Africa for instance, where the staple foods were deep-diving offshore fish that couldn't be reliably caught with harpoons or nets or hooks, so you actually find a lot of them using crossbows, which they eventually started using to hunt land animals as well.

Why are you so triggered leaf? Does a spear return if you miss? If not then why should a hunting boomerang?

What is this liberal shill even trying to say? Are you suggesting that Aboriginal peoples devised modern mathematical geometry, or that they have best utilized all understanding of geometry we possess? Because both are fucking retarded. Do I dare believe that an actual abo is sitting in some Melbourne cafe begging for smokes and posting as if his race accomplished even the mantle of human by itself?

Fair enough.
youtube.com/watch?v=jPj53n33F7Q

But that's absolute horseshit as an actual hunting tool though. Even as a kid I threw up frisbees like that and caught them again for fun times. A "hunting tool" is an absolute joke. Even a fucking slingshot is deadlier.

>Young me and brother
>Take cheap gift shop boomerang to park
>Straight line
>Straight line
>Straight line
>Lands near other guy, he throws it our way and turns his back
>Comes back and misses him by 1m

dumbass, there's no way a heavy stick is going to outperform a bow in accuracy, projectile speed, lethality, range, etc. Hence why bow hunting is still very relevant for long flying birds and fast land animals. Many states have bow only deer season.

Stay away from my petrol wog

>But that's absolute horseshit as an actual hunting tool though. Even as a kid I threw up frisbees like that and caught them again for fun times. A "hunting tool" is an absolute joke.
Returning boomerangs weren't the kind they hunted with. The returning ones were children's toys and used for hunting small birds.

A proper boomerang is a couple of feet long, properly balanced and weighted and made out of a very dense hardwood. I've hunted with one, it does the trick just fine. It's quite similar to throwing a francisca, if you've ever held one of those.

Thinking about it logically they wouldn't have been used for so long if they didn't work. And that's actually why the Abos on the north coast of Australia and Tasmania didn't make them, or at least didn't keep making them after a certain point.

Can we cut the logical fallacies plz
youtu.be/FD50OTR3arY

DOUBLE DIGIT IQ SPOTTED

*single digit
Ftfy

>single digit

Is #5 there supposed to be an atlatl? Or is it a club?

You should hear what they did to the Australian Megafauna.
>It is hypothesised that with the arrival of early Australian Aboriginals (around 48,000–60,000 years ago), hunting and the use of fire to manage their environment may have contributed to the extinction of the megafauna.[4]

>, early Australian Aborigines appear to have rapidly eliminated the megafauna of Tasmania about 41,000 years ago (following formation of a land bridge to Australia about 43,000 years ago as ice age sea levels declined) without using fire to modify the environment there,[7][8][9] implying that at least in this case hunting was the most important factor.

>Chemical analysis of fragments of eggshells of Genyornis newtoni, a flightless bird that became extinct in Australia, from over 200 sites, revealed scorch marks consistent with cooking in human-made fires, presumably the first direct evidence of human contribution to the extinction of a species of the Australian megafauna.[13]
They literally burned down entire forests so that the animals could run out of them and they would kill them as they ran out. BURN ENTIRE FORESTS KEK

Yeah you can get a $5 one at Walmart that returns to you if you throw it correctly

People tend to underestimate wooden weapons.

Musashi killed a man at age 13 using a bokken and later kicked another famous swordsman, Sasaki Kojiro, using a bokken carved from one of the oars used to carry him to the island where they dueled (Seriously).

>Welp, that's what I get for trying to explain advanced concepts to a glue huffing gas sniffer.

NWT and Nunavut are calling, they want their title back.

BULLEETS DONT RETURN AFTER SHOOTING HUURRRRR DURRRRR BULLETS ARE JUST METAL STICKS

fuck non-australians are retarded. country wide border wall when?

Has anyone ever made a swastika shaped boomerang? I'll bet it would be the final solution in boomerang engineering

Yeah sorry, I should've spoken with the qualification that Australia was pretty isolated so any bow they were going to use would've been pretty low poundage like the stuff they were making in Indonesia (basically Australia's only source of outside trade), maybe 30-40lbs draw weight max. I'd much rather have a boomerang than something like that, especially if I was hunting something that could kill me if it decided to fight back.

Yeah it's an atlatl/woomera, it's at an awkward angle so you can't really see it right

Yeah especially if it's made out of something like Ironwood. If you make a club out of one and edge it you can actually cut with it.

Which is what these things were for, pic related.

that's because yanks cant harness black magic
youtube.com/watch?v=_prtbj4MtDU

What do you expect from "people" who managed to de-domesticate the dog and unlearn fire?

How many swastika shaped branches have you seen?

The entire reason that a boomerang has any strength at all is because the direction of the wood fiber is parallel to the length of the blade. To make a swastika shaped boomerang, you'd need to take a slice from a log which would have no real structural integrity. It would splinter into a million pieces at the drop of a hat.

That, or assemble it from two separate pieces, but then you end up with different densities, a huge weak point and no real advantage.

>Yeah it's an atlatl/woomera, it's at an awkward angle so you can't really see it right

It looks REALLY different from the ones developed in North America, so I wasn't sure.

As for wooden blades, yeah. They're pretty brutal.

Although the blade itself isn't made of wood, I've always been a fan of the macuahuitl. Spaniard accounts tell of horses having their entire heads lopped off in one swing.

feels bikey boy

Krull?

>country wide border wall when?
We have one m8, it's called the ocean. ALL OTHER COUNTRIES BTFO

They didn't even know how to make fire.

youtube.com/watch?v=1_oK076OApk

This triggers the aussie

Post yfw that's more than white Australians ever achieved

Hey, there are plenty of injuns all round Canada who work for the title of vanilla extract chuggers.

Educate yourself

Managed to kick you cunts out of NG tho

And you got cucked by the mighty Anglo twice. Three times now because brexit kek

Abbos are truly the world's greatest mystery. How can a group of humans end up like this? Those children raised by wolves and monkeys are more civilized.

>They didn't even know how to make fire.
They did though.

wrong picture

Rekt your shit in Africa boy. ROMMEL BTFO.

>Central Africa for instance, where the staple foods were deep-diving offshore fish that couldn't be reliably caught with harpoons or nets or hooks, so you actually find a lot of them using crossbows
What

my favourite abo meme is that they forgot how to make fire as a culture

top quality shit here

Yeah

wtf, boomerangs are supposed to go through or bounce off enemies and stun them for a little bit, then come back to you.

no wonder the emus won.

GOING TO WAR AGAINST THE UNITED STATES GLOBAL PROPAGANDA CENTER
BUMP THESE THREADS
GET INFORMED
CALLING ALL AUTISTS
The fight against McCain will rage onGOING TO WAR AGAINST THE UNITED STATES GLOBAL PROPAGANDA CENTER
BUMP THESE THREADS
GET INFORMED
CALLING ALL AUTISTS
The fight against McCain will rage on

Daily reminder that ABBOS DIDN'T KNEW THAT SEX CAUSED PREGNANCY

Nah, that was pure logic. The 'roos weren't getting knocked up, after all.

fucking nazis

>fang crossbow
This seems to be very recent, after contact with the Arabs. Probably not invented by them.

(OP)

Female kangaroos get pregnant almost immediately after giving birth...

Nasa couldn't have got to the Moon without the Aboriginals Geometry discoveries

>after contact with the Arabs
...in Gabon?

Legitimate question, did abbos have wars with each other?

But they did think that filling kids assholes up with semen was a good idea.

Abbos

they look like flat turds

Not with babby abos.

That's it. Science has done it. Sup Forums in one image.

Yeah, all the time. They had a surprisingly sophisticated system of kinship so that lent itself to all sorts of blood feuds and so on. They would go to war over trade routes, resources, etc. all that stuff

Yes, through islamized tribes.
"the Fangs were forced out of Nigeria by the Islamized tribes of Hausa"
news.softpedia.com/news/Who-Are-the-Fang-People-79570.shtml

Why the fuck do abos even have rights, they are the most autistic natives i've heard of ?

>tfw not an abo

coz muricans wanted to not be classed as fauna
literally destroyed a species that isnt fit for our society

The Arabs aren't exactly famed for their use of crossbows though. They used them in the Levant where they'd had most contact with the crusaders but you don't find them in North Africa or even West Africa. The Hausa certainly didn't use them. Plus they're not built like crossbows made for war, they're for hunting.

fancy sticks*

>Arabs aren't exactly famed for their use of crossbows though
The Taifas kingdoms in northern Spain on the other hand...

youtube.com/watch?v=6FHUUcwBVWw
A rare display of abbos being themselves

>Returning boomerangs weren't the kind they hunted with
>The returning ones were ... used for hunting small birds

>Thinks a stick designed to be light enough to return after being thrown a fair distance would make a good hunting tool.
Knowing this little about physics.
Have you seen how you have to throw a boomerang to make it come back? I know kangaroos can jump high, but come on bro.
Pick up a book on aerodynamics and physics mate.