Minnesota Transracial Adoption Study

Why do you all use this as evidence for IQ being genetic?

"IQ levels of family members.-Both the
parents and the biological children of the
families scored in the bright average to superior
range on age-appropriate IQ tests. The
black and interracial adopted children were
also found to score above the average of the
white population, regardless of when they
had been adopted. The black children adopted
in the first 12 months of life scored on
the average at IQ 110 (Scarr & Weinberg,
1976), 20 points above comparable children
being reared in the black community. We
interpreted the high IQ scores of the black
and interracial children to mean that (a)
genetic racial differences do not account for
a major portion of the IQ performance difference
between racial groups, and (b) black
and interracial children reared in the culture
of the tests and the schools perform as well
as other adopted children in similar families
262 Child Development
(Burks, 1928; Horn, Loehlin, & Willerman,
1979; Leahy, 1935; Scarr & Weinberg, 1978).
The adopted children scored 6 points below
the natural children of the same families,
however, as Burks (1928) and our second
adoption study also found."

lesacreduprintemps19.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/mtras1.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

emilkirkegaard.dk/arthurjensen/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/On-Arthur-Jensens-integrity.pdf
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Transracial_Adoption_Study
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12061787/Intelligence-genes-discovered-by-scientists.html
nature.com/mp/journal/v16/n10/abs/mp201185a.html
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289608000305
jbhe.com/features/49_college_admissions-test.html
udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/reprints/1994egalitarianfiction.pdf
psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/1977-07996-001
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886912003741
udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/reprints/1997mainstream.pdf
wsj.com/articles/SB115040765329081636
articles.latimes.com/2011/aug/10/news/la-heb-genetic-study-intelligence-20110809
psychology.uwo.ca/faculty/rushtonpdfs/PPPL1.pdf
gwern.net/docs/genetics/2016-plomin.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Misquoting the important part to get attention, saged

Its a community thing, i grew up south of the las vegas strip, and people with a 'hood' mentality feel threatened when aproached by someone more intelegent then them. I got bullied by wanna be bangers because i liked science and thought it was cool. Also, ebonics is a real thing, many people from the hood cant speak english and take offence when you correct them. They often have lazy and uneducated and leech off the gov. Because reagan made it easy in the 80s. So the a great number of factors, but genetics could also be one.

I ment to say lazy and uneducated parents

This

What the fuck are you talking about, faggot? I literally copy and pasted from the study and it refutes your position.

Why is Sup Forums so stupid? You all source this study without knowing what's in it and I just showed you it doesn't support the conclusions you've drawn. Kill yourself.

are you fucking retarded, think for yourself for once and read the fucking thing

>Weinberg
how come Sup Forums never points these things out anymore?

its turning into a fucking safe space, thats why

I know, I hate to sound like the oldfag, but I miss the days before gamergate. We may have disagreed on things, but at least people didn't act like a hive.

This

can you elaborate for a newfag? what was pre-gamergate pol like?

Damn, they are really trying hard to hide the racial differences in this study it seems. The key here is the fact that when we are children our IQ is more related to our environment then our genetics, but as we grow into adolescence and adulthood our genetic potential becomes more pronounced. The current estimation is that 45% of our intelligence is genetic as children and that number grows to 75% as we get older. This explains how all the children are roughly similar in IQ.

They actually seem to acknowledge this fact in the study yet still seemed fit to say
>We
interpreted the high IQ scores of the black
and interracial children to mean that (a)
genetic racial differences do not account for
a major portion of the IQ performance difference
between racial groups

after only looking at the study done with children. Seems pretty dishonest.

Ron Paul and freedom and fuck jews and nigvers.

>Adolescent Adoption Study
>Sample
>The adolescents in this study had spent an average of 18 years in their families-194 adopted children in 115 adoptive families and a comparison group of 237 biological children in 120 other families.
>All of the adoptees were placed in their families in the first year of life, the median being 2 months of age. From 1975 to 1977 both groups of children were 16-22 years old. Both samples of parents
>were of similar SES, from working to upper middle class, and of similar IQ levels on the WAIS. The IQ scores of parents in both adoptive and biological families averaged 115, approximately 1 SD
>above the popluation mean. The biological children scored, on the average, an IQ of 113, and the adopted children 7 points lower at 106.

In fact, for the adolescent study they don't even note the races in the sample, yet notice how the adopted children had an overall IQ 7 points lower than the biological children.

>One of the studies' findings was the IQs of adopted black children reared by white families did not differ significantly from that of black children raised by their biological parents.

oy vey!

>Attitudes, Interests, and Personality
>In the adolescent adoption study, we expected that genetic differences would account for substantial variation in IQ scores but would have nothing to do with social attitudes or vocational interests.
>Surprisingly, we found that scores on the California F-Scale, a measure of authoritarianism, rigidity in belief, and prejudice, were similar for biological but not adoptive relatives, even though the adoptees
>had been exposed to their parents' attitudes since infancy. The solution to this mystery was that F-Scale scores were negatively correlated with WAIS vocabulary (-.42) and showed the same pattern
>of family correlations (Scarr & Weinberg, 1981). Apparently, the F-Scale measures moral reasoning ability that reflects the general level of verbal intelligence. One could conclude that authoritarian views
>are not learned either by rote or by imitation of one's parents or siblings. These data challenge the belief that children acquire attitudes and beliefs by modeling themselves after their families because the
>adopted children's attitudes did not bear any resemblance to those of their parents or siblings.

And of course there's not even a hint of evidence in this study that they may have had any sort of agenda.

Really, Sup Forums should use this study as an example of kike trickery.

This would also seem to imply that since authoritarian thinking is more genetically informed, rather than environmentally, then so is nigger thinking.

Scarr later admitted that their favored interpretation in the original publication was put there due to political reasons:

emilkirkegaard.dk/arthurjensen/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/On-Arthur-Jensens-integrity.pdf
>The test performance of the Black/Black adoptees was not different from that of ordi- nary Black children reared by their own families in the same area of the country. My col- leagues and I reported the data accurately and as fully as possible, and then tried to make the results palatable to environmentally committed colleagues. In retrospect, this was a mistake. The results of the transracial adoption study can be used to support either a genetic difference hypothesis or an environmental difference one (because the children have visi- ble African ancestry). We should have been agnostic on the conclusions; Art would have been.

But the Minnesota Transracial Adoption is still clear.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Transracial_Adoption_Study
>"The Minnesota Transracial Adoption Study examined the IQ test scores of 130 black or interracial children adopted by advantaged white families. The aim of the study was to determine the contribution of environmental and genetic factors to the poor performance of black children on IQ tests as compared to white children.One of the studies' findings was the IQs of adopted black children reared by white families did not differ from that of black children raised by their biological parents."

Human intelligence up to 75% inheritible
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12061787/Intelligence-genes-discovered-by-scientists.html

Human intelligence is highly heritable.
nature.com/mp/journal/v16/n10/abs/mp201185a.html

Scientific consensus is that IQ tests are not racially biased.
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289608000305

Very poor Whites are comparably intelligent to very wealthy blacks.

Privately, intelligence experts hold more hereditarian views than they express in public.
udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/reprints/1994egalitarianfiction.pdf

Black children raised in White households have similar IQs to black children in black households.
psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/1977-07996-001

The average African IQ is estimated at 79.
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886912003741

The average African-American IQ is 85, compared to the average White IQ of 100.
udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/reprints/1997mainstream.pdf

The white-black gap in SAT scores, a proxy for IQ, is increasing.

Genes for large brains, linked to high IQ, are common everywhere except Africa.
wsj.com/articles/SB115040765329081636

Intelligence has a 40-50% genetic basis.
articles.latimes.com/2011/aug/10/news/la-heb-genetic-study-intelligence-20110809

IQ scores are the best predictor of success in Western society.

IQ is 75% heritable among Whites.

It was the white children adopted into the middle class that scored a average IQ of around 110, not the black. There was a clear difference. But there are multiple other studies as well as just simple data debunking the myth racial differences in intelligence is related to social economical reasons.

In terms of intelligence being genetic that is pretty undeniable; you cannot just work your way to being a genius like Tesla or Einstein etc.

Read the whole thing, apparently you did not. Fucking leaf.

>My col- leagues and I reported the data accurately and as fully as possible, and then tried to make the results palatable to environmentally committed colleagues

I think this might be referring to the fact that they try to excuse the genetic variability of the adolescents away by saying that it was because they were older and started to choose their own environments and it was mostly the environmental change that lead to the variation.

Maybe? She still admits to being dishonest about it.

This

>It was the white children adopted into the middle class that scored a average IQ of around 110, not the black.

This is wrong, from the study:

>The black children adopt- ed in the first 12 months of life scored on the average at IQ 110 (Scarr & Weinberg, 1976), 20 points above comparable children being
>reared in the black community.

The reason for this is stated here and admitted here

Well I believe that closes this discussion, and makes and example of yet another idiotic liberal Canadian... Who was clutching straws and thought he found a winner, nothing more.

Who is that creepy looking fucker? He looks like he eats children.

Now if only the OP would come back and actually try to argue the points made kek.

What are you talking about, the blacks did not score an average IQ of 110, the whites did. The people that did the study admitted that the adopted blacks into wealth White families showed no real difference from the blacks raised with their biological parents.

Or are you trying to say that the study is flawed and nobody scored and I average IQ of 110? Your presentation was very convoluted, they clearly state that the white children perform better that's the conclusion.

Oh please, don't be ridiculous! He is most likely a liberal, liberals do not do that when they are checkmated. They just vanish.

No, I'm saying that the blacks scored 110 AS CHILDREN since children are more influenced by their environment than their genetics, but as they grew older the genetics took over and their scores went down and they ended up with the same as if they were raised with their biological parents.

From emilkirkegaard.dk/arthurjensen/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/On-Arthur-Jensens-integrity.pdf at the bottom of the third page:
>An interesting parallel to this work is our longitudinal study of interracial adoptees. At the average of 7 years, the African-American adopted children scored 106.1 on IQ >tests. By the average age of 18 however, their IQ scores had declined to 96.8. Children with one White and one Black parent scored, on average. 109.0 at age 7 and 98.5 at >age 18; children with two Black parents (and later adoptive placements) scored 96.8 at age 7 and 89.4 at age

The average IQ of ALL the black children was 106.1 at age 7, of course this already contradicts what she said in the study. But the fun part is that the only reason the children's IQ even got that high in the first place was due the influence of the white adoptive parents. From the quote it looks like even just having one white parent raises a black child's IQ by about 12 points. Even then they revert back down to their genetic mean as they get older.

And yeah, I guess I'm also saying that the study was flawed since one of the authors clearly contradicts herself in that paper where the highest avg IQ given is still only 109 and only for those who had an adoptive white parent.

I can never understand the transracial adoption. Can you explain it to me.

I don't use that as evidence for IQ being genetic.

African American culture and Top down Americans culture in general makes them stupid.
They FORCE that onto the whole of society via perpetual mass media influence and demands you take their mehods or assertions proven to have failed or be untrue seriously.

If people want to have a higher IQ they need to emulate a culture that takes the puzzles of abstract thought seriously. Black culture doesn't even take clear evidence seriously. It doesn't fit even the WAY that they want to resolve conflict because they are incapable of thinking of another way of doing it.

Not the end result. The method.

>IQ levels of family members.-Both the
parents and the biological children of the
families scored in the bright average to superior range on age-appropriate IQ tests. The black and interracial adopted children were
also found to score above the average of the
white population, regardless of when they
had been adopted. The black children adopted
in the first 12 months of life scored on
the average at IQ 110 (Scarr & Weinberg,
1976)

Man, here I thought you had some stunning revelation, but the moment I read that, I was like, nope. First, keep in mind that you should pay attention to the data and not the interpretation, when it comes to these matters, you'll be amazed how often the interpretation doesn't match the data. There's a reason the Minnesota Transadoption Study is referenced so often.

Instead, this just reveals an ignorance about IQ that even most people on Sup Forums are unaware. For example, blacks scoring 110 is actually not surprising or shocking. But, note that it says "black children adopted in the first 12 months of life scored on the average at IQ 110).

See, there is a odd phenomena noticed among IQ researchers called the "Watson effect", basically IQ becomes more heritable as you get older, however, once the children of these IQ 110 blacks grew older, their IQ began to regress to their adult IQ, which is closer to the average racial IQ.

Read more here. Refer to Finding #5 and Finding #6

gwern.net/docs/genetics/2016-plomin.pdf