Why do Leftists keep saying Buddhism isn't a religion, but a philosophy?

Why do Leftists keep saying Buddhism isn't a religion, but a philosophy?

because it isn't quite as religion-y as Abrahamic ones are, it's more like Stoicism with some stances on the cosmos.

It doesn't have a God, and so could then be said to be able to fill a "void", but it's more like it just doesn't have a god.

I think most people understand it's a little of both.

It's also about as close as you're ever going to get to a religion of peace.

Semantics. Means nothing. Lol

No deity, no faith, no religion.

>no mudslimes

Buddhism is deployed by Jews in the West as an encouragement to the social atomization, or social isolation, of whites. If it were treated like a religion that white people converted to over here, and they began to mass under its banner, then it would add strength to whites. As it is, Jews want white people to stick with a plan that involves being spiritual, but not religious. Jews have knocked whites on their ass over here, and they don't want to risk any reboot of white power. Buddhism practiced as an organized religion by whites could get out of control and be bad for the Jews.

>no faith
>belief in reincarnation
Pick one

because leftists don't study it like a religion
they think buddhism is just hippy eastern spirituality that ends on "stop caring about life lol"
when the religion has a history, culture, and mythos that goes far beyond some pleasantries
they also think there is only 1 buddha, that either being fat or skinny buddha

1.Because they're retarded and don't understand Buddhist doctrine or how its practiced.
2. Because its a form of virtue signaling for leftists who will claim they Atheist but interested in Bhuddism. The retards who say this also like to make nonsense statements like "I'm spiritual but not religious"

Cognitive dissonance.

god this, what pisses me off more is when they tie it into hedonism.

Because leftists are retarded.

Liberals view Buddhism a PC hippy bullshit "I face no penalties because of reincarnation" religion while ignoring what the religion actually entails

Leftists hate religion but love Buddhism so Buddhism can't be a religion.

Keep in mind that their entire understanding of the religion comes from movies and Facebook memes.

This shit is so annoying. Buddhist-esque practice + orthodox Christianity is redpilled as fuck. If you practice meditation, mindfulness and self-improvement, and worship the Savior, your life gets x1000 better.

this

Holy shit where can I find more of this dude? I must save the Buddhists.

B A S E D

>implying all Buddhists believe this
Burger education at its finest

I used to think it wasn't a religion, but when you investigate it; you find out it is a religion, but it I think it's a very good religion.

Leftists say that? Really?

I'm right wing and I've been saying that for ages. Buddhism is literally more of a philosophy than a religion. That's why you have Thai Buddhists who worship and do freaky weird rituals, and Tibetan buddhists who just chill and meditate. You can be a buddhist and not be very religious.

Worship is literally the opposite of meditation.

That's like saying "improve yourself and focus on your problems, then when you're done realize that nothing's going to change and that you should devote your time to observing the perfection of a higher power rather than yourself"

The philosophy behind Buddhism is the skeleton to their faith.
This is however, not the entirety of the whole that comprises Buddhism.
It is a religion, it has three different branches, three different codified ways of life, and three different mythologies stemming on the actions of one being. He is like a messianic figure to them (in a similar level of admiration and spiritual significance).

To claim that Buddhism is not a religion, is like saying that Islam is a religion of peace.

>because it isn't quite as religion-y as Abrahamic ones are
Mostly this, people in the west tend to associate religion with "do x on Y day and remind god you believe in him whenever you are about to eat, sleep, or take a test." Abrahamic religions are actually pretty weird as far as religions go, it is just that they have become the standard in the west.

>To claim that Buddhism is not a religion, is like saying that Islam is a religion of peace
wew top kek

I does too have gods. It is a reformation of Hinduism you idiot. The only people that say it isn't a religion know literally nothing about it!

Not one of the 3 israel based religions

Its because Abrahamic religions were not derived by Human characteristics (except Islam), unlike Paganism

What gods? Buddha? Lol