Only in burgerland

>A Patriot missile - usually priced at about $3m (£2.5m) - was used to shoot down a small quadcopter drone, according to a US general.

>The strike was made by a US ally, Gen David Perkins told a military symposium.

>"That quadcopter that cost 200 bucks from Amazon.com did not stand a chance against a Patriot," he said.

>Patriots are radar-targeted weapons more commonly used to shoot down enemy aircraft and ballistic missiles.

>"Now, that worked, they got it, OK, and we love Patriot missiles," the general said.
bbc.com/news/technology-39277940

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/technology-39277940
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>hurr durr what is a weapons systems test?

and yet albania can only throw rocks

Shooting down 200$ dollar vehicle with 1k+ dollar missile is a waste of money

>this is why druompf need 54 billion more in defense spending

>The strike was made by a US ally, Gen David Perkins told a military symposium.

>ally

you mongoloid

rip Meals on Wheels

>$3M missile

>not testing your weapons against emerging potential threats

How else were they supposed to know a Patriot missile would be effective against a $200 drone from Amazon

>by a US ally

A patriot missile hitting a small target like a drone is pretty impressive. What's wrong with this? Drones are getting more and more powerful as well as cheaper. Need tests to see what's effective against them in case the small ones start getting used as weapons platforms, even if this particular missile being used on it is overkill.

Drone striking .02 cent brown people with $15,000 in boolets and jet fuel is as big a waste

>bbc.com/news/technology-39277940
>However, Gen Perkins suggested deploying large surface-to-air missiles as a defence was probably not economically wise.
>"I'm not sure that's a good economic exchange ratio," he told an audience at the Association of the United States Army's Global Force symposium in Alabama.
>"In fact, if I'm the enemy, I'm thinking, 'Hey, I'm just gonna get on eBay and buy as many of these $300 quadcopters as I can and expend all the Patriot missiles out there'."
>'Enormous overkill'

Its almost like you are a colossal faggot and didn't put more of the story, in order mislead people

It isn't a drone, it's a damn rc copter

Clearly we need to develop a new $300 drone with smaller radar cross section.

A drone is a small target that might be able to slip threw

I bet that was cool as shit to watch

Remember when they build a Helicoppter Base in Albania flew in about 30 or so Helis and then never used them because lol...

Wasted a few billion dollars if I remember.

That's only in albania

I'm dying laughing

They probably wanted to send a message to their enemies that they take threats seriously, and aren't afraid to use their patriots.

They probably don't waste these on mistakes.

SWEET LAND OF LIBERTY