Why does Sup Forums continue to be haunted by ideas like nationalism, fascism, religion, the past, and traditions...

Why does Sup Forums continue to be haunted by ideas like nationalism, fascism, religion, the past, and traditions, when Stirner presented the obvious way forward past these spooks?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ego_and_Its_Own
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_of_egoists

This is inevitably what the world will look like eventually, we might as well move there more quickly.

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/blog/proceed-your-own-risk/201311/do-we-have-free-will
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_death
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most people are stupid, and this is a place where stupid people congregate

DUDE SPOOKS LMAO

Because 99.99% of people have not tried DMT.

Hey look it's another Germany tries to destroy the world thread

What would a territory where egoist anarchists live even look like? Will there be recreational nukes? If not, why not?

>Hey look it's another Germany tries to destroy the world thread
Please try to elaborate.

Egoism will save the world, not destroy it. At the very least it will stop all the bloodshed that comes along when enforcing other -isms.

>>>/leftypol/

What part of social animal did you miss?

A life spent spooked by society is a life not lived maximally. If you want to sacrifice such a portion of your being, feel free, but it's your loss.

> not lived maximally

living maximally is a spook

Stirner is gay as fuck, and that is a totally legitimate argument from an egoist perspective. He's gay, calling things spooks is gay, why should I do it and why should I listen to anyone who does it? Nationalism is cool as fuck. It's cool. That's a good enough reason for me to support it. Fascism is cool as fuck. Uniforms are cool as fuck. Why shouldn't I be a fascist? Any argument against it is a spook. Religion is cool as fuck. God is cool as fuck. Give me a reason not to believe in these things--arguments are spooks, you are a spook, I don't care about anything you have to say, I care about myself. I want to be a fucking Nazi. So why shouldn't I be?

>b-b-but
No. Give me your Danzig, because I want it.

>spookposting

[spoiler]nice digits btw [/spoiler]

Yet class is totally legit right.

Stirnercucks btfo

Hey look it's another
>american education
post.

>muh ego

The "ego" is a spook, as are "property rights".

Stirner BTFO.

nationalism is a spook. so is captalism

>The "ego" is a spook
nope - self interest is real
>as are "property rights".
correct - stirner believed this

this desu senpai

>spookposting

Thats fine but you can never have an argument with anyone else about ideologies past,
>thats just like, your opinion man

Nihilism is an oxymoron within itself.

They're dumbasses, that simple.

I feel like I just don't get philosophy. I tried reading the Ego and its Own, but most of the sentences seem so redundant. I feel like he could say just as much in half the sentences.

you know what's not cool as le fuck? you

>Stopping bloodshed
>Being human

Pick one

>nope - self interest is real
Prove it.

can someone get these fucking cameras out of my face

Nationalism and religion built empires.

What has nihilism accomplished?

>hurr, muh druggie hallucinations make me smart

Retards.

everything you do is driven by self interest
you can't name anything that isn't

>Nationalism and religion built empires.
>What has nihilism accomplished?
Self-interest built empires

I thought proof was a spook?

>everything you do is driven by self interest
>you can't name anything that isn't

This is not proof. This is just reiteration of your opinion.

It's not even certain that we have free will:

So how can we have self interest? And anyway who cares if we have self-interest, that doesn't prove that our demands are legitimate.

oh no i cant be smart now ;_;

What if somebody's self-interest is in the implementation of capitalism and nationalism?

Stirner BTFO.

You fags keep using the concept of "self-interest" to mean always anarcho-leftist or anarcho-individualist ideology; what necessitates that? Why can't somebody WANT to prescribe to a certain traditionalist ideology just because it appeals to them? Your brand of "nihilism" seems to actually have a lot of self-imposed limits; and it's more or less and excuse to be edgy and contrarian in the presence of right-wingers.

>I thought proof was a spook?

Maybe it is, but I don't follow Stirner like the user I'm responding to does.

>hurrr I took drugs and hallucinated some shit and had some emotional reactions, I'm a genius now, move-over Stephen Hawking!

>The point.

>You.

>What if somebody's self-interest is in the implementation of capitalism and nationalism?
>Stirner BTFO.
then they will try and implement capitalism? how does this btfo stirner exactly?

Because Sup Forums is a white nationalist board, you libshit cuck. Lurk more

This.

just name one thing that you do that isn't driven by self interest. i'll wait.

>nationalism, fascism, religion, the past, and traditions

In other words, the way civilization has always defined itself.

The last 100 years of so-called progressivism have been a global anomaly, a blip in history, and progressive ideas have failed 100% of the time everywhere they've ever been tried And it's ending. Your grand social experiment is over. We are ending it. We are going back to a functional society, over your dead bodies if necessary, and we will never let people like you control it again. Ever.

November 2016 marked a turning point in global history. Power won. Authority won. Tradition won. Nationalism won. Cultural and racial identity won. The West's will to live won. Fascism won, because human civilization has been fascist from the very beginning, because that's the only way civilization WORKS.

Your world is going the way of the dinosaur, and for the same reason. Get with the program, or you're gone.

>liberalism
spooky

Steiner relies on a purely physicality perspective.

I think right materialism/physicalism is kind of coming to an end as we learn more about our universe and physics. I'm not talking full blown idealism but a via media between the two.

Not to mention the ego is a spook. Consiousness is an empty spark, the ego is the neurobiological integration of stimuli that gives the illusion of a whole self. The self exists but it's not as concrete as stirner would have you believe.

Also ego and (((freud)))). Psychoanlaysis is a pretty unscientific way of seeing things. Stirner rests on the ego, Id, super ego model of freud. Jung as whacky as he was on some shit, I think had a better understanding of the ego.

>nationalism and religion built empires
No, people built empires by doing what directly benefited them. Nationalism and religion are means to this end. Self interest is god, retard.

>not reading the post you're responding to

Again, if you claim that self interest is real, you don't do so by demanding that I prove the negative. This is your philosophy, you need to justify it.

And if we have no free will, the answer to your question is "everything".

And I would like you to answer my second question also.

haha he cant move

Let me know when a gang of Stirnerfags do something noteworthy.

Without traditionalists maintaining the military, other cultures would curbstomp your asses so easily.

I'm not sure I understand your second question. How can you measure if a demand is legitimate or not?

>noteworthy

Boo haha

Self interest proves itself. People do shit because they want shit to happen. By saying "can you name anything that isn't driven by self interest?" he is genuinely refuting your argument, because you literally cannot name a single thing you or anyone else has ever done that they did not do because, ultimately, it was furthering their own self interest, feeding their own ego, furthering their quest for peace of mind.

I work as a paramedic in the eastern US. I get paid 14 dollars an hour and work at least 12 hour days and get treated like dogshit with no benefits. I do it because I feel like it is my calling to help care for the sick and wounded. I don't do it out of self interest that's for sure

>he hasn't Bogscended yet

spooks are a spook

So you enjoy doing it then? You enjoy helping others?

>tfw radical central intellec

So what you're saying is, helping people brings you personal satisfaction.

Because most of you are LARPing Marxists who post Stirnerisms as an avenue to attack traditionalism/capitalism/nationalism.

If you acknowledge that we're doing it for our own interests, then shut-up and fuck-off.

>Self interest proves itself. People do shit because they want shit to happen.
>want shit to happen
>WANT

Oh, wow. Another fucking illiterate.

Check the fucking article I linked and address the counterpoint properly.

If all it takes for something to be real is for it to have an effect on the world than unicorns are real, they are affecting the world in this comment.

>Marxist
nope

Oh we don't even have to get there, fascism simplifies arguments to things everyone can agree on, like howitzer shells and bullets.

>he actually thinks he isn't driven by self interest and is somehow operating on a higher level
lmao boo. you're a monkey.

What did you mean by this, Nigel?

Ego is a spook. Its a spook in the purest sense of the word. It literally materially does not exist. Even the rest of /leftypol/ hates you faggots.

What if it's in my ego to unite my people in order to have a happy life which only happens when they are similar to me?

What a retarded argument. The reason self-interest being real has an effect on the world is because it directly controls the nature of a human being. Unicorns do not.

I was using Marxist as an umbrella term for all your Tumblr-tier snowflake ideologies. In the end, that's were most of you fags align yourselves.

>lmao boo. you're a monkey.

2/10

Read the article and address the point properly.

If there is no free will, where is your "want" that defines self-interest? And why should self-interest define our ethics even if it does exist?

Stirnerites aren't liberals.
An underlying principle in liberalism is a respect for 'human rights'
Stirnerites don't believe in ghosts such as human rights

>yfw Stirner was a literal cuckold because monogamy is a spook

fucking oath

This thread is a spook

Self interest is real because it's observable and provable.

When people do something, they do it because ultimately, it furthers their quest for peace of mind. Be it going to the gym, painting a picture, studying in school, committing rape, sending money home to their parents, committing suicide, having a child, taking a bullet for a friend, donating to charity, setting fire to a mosque, what the fuck ever. In that moment, they're doing what they're doing because ultimately, it contributes to what they believe will give them peace. No one in the history of humanity has ever done something for any other reason. Name another possible motivation.

>The reason self-interest being real has an effect on the world is because it directly controls the nature of a human being.
>it directly controls the nature of a human being.

Oh, you're still here, then you can prove your claim. Here's the challenge:

And again: who cares if we have self-interest, that doesn't prove that our demands are legitimate. "It exists" =/= "it should be accepted as a basis for moral philosophy".

Nah marx was gay. Using marxist as an umbrella term for snowflake ideologies is retarded too. I suppose ancaps are marxist then.

checked.

No it isn't. If you can't touch it, or put it in your butthole it isn't real.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_death

stalinist then or what snowflake version of communism you've deluded yourself into adopting

>Self interest is real because it's observable and provable.
Funny how you don't seem to be able to prove it then.

>it contributes to what they believe will give them peace. No one in the history of humanity has ever done something for any other reason.
Wow, that's one hell of a claim.

>Name another possible motivation.
Because fuck peace. Or because they don't know what they want. Or literally anything else.

Seriously, you faggots are still just saying "lol we're right because you can't prove we're not". Fucking pseudo-religion.

Yeah, I guess so. He's still a lefty faggot anyway.

>"lol we're right because you can't prove we're not"

We're saying we're right not because we can't be proved wrong on the level of "you can't prove there isn't a flying man with a beard in the sky that you can't see", but on the level of "there is no other possible explanation for this phenomena". Go ahead and offer one.

Lacan is where it's at

If free will does not exist all ideologies are null. It's a redundant argument. I can use the same argument against whatever ideology you subscribe to. It's better to take it as an axiom since there's no proof for some mystical governing force over all minds of humanity. That's what I call a spook and a half.

humans are dumb as dogshit and if everyone went by strieners logic of self interest only everyone would be back to dying of disease at age 25, people need spooks like morality, culture and religion to keep them from getting themselves killed

du e bog

I already have, and you're still ignoring what is being posted. Seriously, I've seen creationists offer better arguments than you, at least they fucking have them.

>If free will does not exist all ideologies are null. It's a redundant argument.
This argument is illogical, and the premise is not proven.

>I can use the same argument against whatever ideology you subscribe to.
Not to ones that don't rely on free will.

>It's better to take it as an axiom since there's no proof for some mystical governing force over all minds of humanity. That's what I call a spook and a half.
I never advocated for mystical governing forces - you did that with your belief in "ego".

Not a communist dumbass. You really need to read Stirner before making assumptions like this. He can only be described as an anarchist-individualist and nothing else. Anybody trying to show him as otherwise is trying to conflate his message with ideals he would consider spooky spooks.

>He can only be described as an anarchist-individualist
sounds like a spook to me

If free will does not exist there must be some governing force that is not proven. I accept free will as I accept people are governed by their own brain and nobody else's. Saying there is no free will is steeped further in abstraction than saying there is and so I side with the least abstract.

>If free will does not exist there must be some governing force that is not proven.

Read the article I provided.

Ok give me a sec

Doesn't matter

Action is necessarily goes along with being spooked

You can't escape spook

he was a cuck for being a cringey hegelian utopian dreamer.

Sure. Ironically, the article is all gushing about how important it is that we "believe" in free will even if it can't be proven or if it turns out that it doesn't exist. But that is of course a "spook".

Are you actually trying to present lack of free will as a big "gotcha" moment for Stirner's ideology?

Let me break down to you how fucking retarded that is.

My argument is this: You're sitting here arguing with me on Sup Forums because you want to.

Your argument is this: You're sitting here arguing with me on Sup Forums because you have to, because you have no other choice, because it's an uncontrollable reaction to stimuli beyond your control.

If what your article proposes is true, literally nothing about Stirnerism has changed. You're still a fucking monkey doing what, at the time, he thinks benefits him the most. The only difference is whether or not that factor comes from you or from nature. The brain still thinks it's doing what's right.

Would you consider actually reading Stirner so you can understand what he was trying to say?

sitrner isn't leftism in the slightest

stirner hated communism because he saw it as a form of oppression of the individual.

he also made karl marx have an autistic fit so massive that he wrote an entire book book about it

would stirner say ants are individuals too?

>Your argument is this: You're sitting here arguing with me on Sup Forums because you have to, because you have no other choice, because it's an uncontrollable reaction to stimuli beyond your control.
No.

>If what your article proposes is true, literally nothing about Stirnerism has changed.
No free will means that your ego is a spook.