I don't know where this thing that Italians and Irish weren't considered white. That's ridiculous. You seen Irish...

>I don't know where this thing that Italians and Irish weren't considered white. That's ridiculous. You seen Irish, they're like the whitest people around, the hell, that's just a fucking myth.

Being discriminated =/= being non-white
Even if they were called "white niggers", they were still WHITE niggers.

White was defined originally by Anglo-Saxons and was extremely arbitrary according mostly to their definition or belief that they were basically the most superior breed of people on the planet, and it excluded pretty much everybody who wasn't from England/Scotland or descended from people from there.

how do i upvote?

watch Barry Lyndon

This

He's a sandnigger, he doesn't know facts for shit, Irish are fucking niggers.

Potato niggers and pasta niggers were treated only marginally better than actual niggers for a while.

>Scotland
Why would the English think skirt-wearing, haggis-eating, bagpipe-playing people were white?

The English are the only white people on the planet. All others are niggers or race mixing filth.

>there are """educated""" """"""""people"""""""" who didn't know the Irish were discriminated against

It's because only a nigger would choose to be Catholic.

>le irish weren't white meme

Because most ethnic Scots r ded there are like no Scots descended from pictish ppl left

>look white as hell
>get made fun of for looking so white
>actually not white because Irish and Polish

>arbitrary
nothing arbitrary about it you fucking chicken wing licker.

I had an argument with my liberal brother. We arguing about cultural appropriation and the Washington Redskins.
I said What about the Fighting Irish? Is that cultural appropriation to wear green? Is it offensive to portray Irish as drunk brawlers?
He said no because Irish are white and therefore don't have a history of being discriminated against.
He then realized how fucking dumb that sounded.

Um yes in recent centuries Irish and swarthy Mediterraneans were looked at as subhuman by all other Euros.

They were in effect "not white" if you apply modern racial sensibilities ("whiteness" by name wasn't a thing back then)

Study up

Whiteness is the acceptable morality of a white person in America. Italians and Irish acted like niggers when they showed up here.

Italians still do, also mass Irish and Italian immigration was the start of multiculturalism, they kept their culture and didn't integrate they still remind you of their Italian or Irish heritage, Destiny was wrong in the stream to say they've assimilated.

The potato nigger meme got started because Anglo Saxons and Germanic peoples had a higher degree of warrior caste people and Celtic peoples were ruled by priest/scholar caste and had a high degree of people with those skills. And because men in the UK wanted an underclass of white girls so their men would be able to get some on the side without race mixing, and ginger pussy.