Does anybody else believe they were targeted by the IRS for supporting Trump?

Does anybody else believe they were targeted by the IRS for supporting Trump?

I filed my fiscal year 2016 return in February 2017 and was supposed to receive a 2k refund. I got a notice in the mail from the IRS in March 2017 stating that because I never filed my 2011 return (because I was under the amount requiring a return), they were withholding my 2016 refund.

Now here's the thing, 2011 was the only year since 2008 where I did not file my taxes. This missing 2011 return was never flagged once over the past four years, and now for some reason this year the IRS is withholding my refund? What changed? Well, in August 2016 I bought a red MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN HAT.

>inb4 foreign flag. Even Americans living in foreign nations must file taxes.

This might not seem like anything noteworthy, but as I have discovered, the IRS makes it a big pain in the ass to file returns that old. For example, you can't efile for anything more than 1 year old, and turbotax won't create a return for anything more than 3 years old, so I had to find the old 2011 forms, fill out that paper, and then mail it in. Now I wait 6 weeks and hope the minority mouthbreathing retard at the IRS accepts it and releases my 2k refund.

bamp, I can't be the only one

I guess everybody on Sup Forums is an unemployed NEET, possibly on disability, that's why this thread is going nowhere.

Oh well!

Well yeah pretty much. I've always made enough to file since Ive had a job and not been claimed by my parents.

Sup Forums has been shattered into thousands of pieces by the jews.

you will be lucky to get a few replies now.

>Be Accountant bro
>Client makes $500k/yr
>Client forgot to report $5 in dividends in 2013
>Got a letter about it last week

Nah bro, its because the IRS is slow as shit.

Fuck off faggot. You don't earn enough to be a target for the IRS. Why is that you right wing shitheads live in a world of conspiracies?

Yes. They had tried to pull shit on my taxes but I paid the TurboTax jews and they were quick to lay the fucking beatdown on the IRS

>Does anybody else believe they were targeted by the IRS for supporting Trump?

no. because i dont have a victim complex

> giving the gubmits interest free gibs throughout the year

My returns came to a grand total of $15 federal and $10 state. Both accepted in minutes of filing, and payed to me in days. Voted trump and even put END THE IRS in one of the misc fields.

hello irs shill.

Do you work for a big 4 firm?

I got a finance degree.

I've noticed some of my memes have gone missing from my memes folder recently. I know this isn't some mandela effect shit because I can still go to 4plebs and find where I posted the memes on Sup Forums before. This is obviously the CIA hacking into my computer and stealing my memes.

Well, for the past few years interest rates have been so low that I rather linked getting a couple thousand back from the IRS.

Now that yellen has basically confirmed a series of 25 basis point hikes through 2019, it makes sense for me to reduce my number of exemptions and put that cash into a money market account or my brokerage instead of letting the irs hold it.

I'm a CPA and have helped client file old returns.

You can expect a letter from the IRS in a few months notifying you that your 2011 return is missing some form. Fill out the form and mail it in. A few months later, you will receive a letter notifying you of your account status. A few months later your refund will come in the mail, but only after you spend an afternoon on hold calling them.

Your refund will get to you in 6-9 months user.

I'm not even kidding

Accountants hate the government and know no good can come from a government beaurocracy

I knew it. THOSE FUCKS.

They did this to me because I am a Don supporter.

Have you ever heard of something this old getting flagged? I mean seriously, I can understand if it was from a 2014 or 2015 return. But this is from 2011. Why the fuck wasn't it an issue for the past 4 years of successful return/refund?

meh, your account just shows a non-filed return. you had reportable income, but no return filed. You filed the return, you just fucked up by over-withholding.

The IRS didnt target you for being conservative. If you were actively outspoken, like Milo, you might have a concern for being targeted. You are in Melanialand and you bought a TRUMP hat. No one cares that you bought a TRUMP hat or spend your free time TRUMPposting on Sup Forums

OK, now here is the thing. I have filed returns for 2012-2015 successfully. I realize now that I has a few dollars in interest from a saving account in two of those years that I did not include on my return. Literally a couple dollars. I think about $2.50 in 2013 and $3 in 2014 on a 1099-INT.

What are the chances that at some point in the future the IRS withholds again and demands an amended return for those years?

I realize this was stupid but it was an honest mistake.

Can you explain why it took 6 years for the IRS to do anything about his 2011 non-return?

No one is this retarded.

they wont demand an amended return on $3 in income. Your marginal tax rate, lets estimate and say its 25%, 25% of 3$ is less than a dollar. They dont pursue less than $10

They will never send you a letter for it

No, they can't. That's the weird thing about it. I have talked to other CPAs in person and non of them can give me a straight answer.

the account showed a non-filed return with reportable income. Since he is earning now they want to make sure he wasnt earning then

>doing CA state taxes
>"have you bought anything online that you didn't pay CA sales tax on?"
>fuckin no, lel

Stupid commies.

That's kind of what I figured. I'm still not very happy about the flag for 2011 and thing it's bullshit because they are the ones who sent me my w-2's showing only about 1k in regular income and a couple thousand in capital gains. They KNOW I have no tax liability because my total income for that year is way below the standard deduction for that fiscal year, which was $5,800.

They are just fucking me over holding my 2k refund this year for no reason, and it's fucking shady that this has never been an issue for years but all of a sudden pops up now 6 years later.

I should have mentioned this in the OP. I didn't have w-2 and 1099 forms that old, so I asked the IRS to send them to me and they did. My income for that year is below the standard deduction! They are fucking me for no reason it's bullshit.

This. Had to file an amended return back in '11. The people I spoke with on the phone were surprisingly friendly and helpful, although it was very time consuming.

It took about ten months from beginning to end, which resulted in a paper check showing up randomly.

>I bought a hat
>now the IRS is after me
lol

I have years of unfilled returns. I paid thru my paycheck but never filed. Probably owe 100 bucks times a few years. Do people go to jail for this?

ok, there you have it.

It;'s the capital gains that triggered the flag. you have to file a return if you have capital gains.

You already filed the return, so you are good. Just dont expect the refund anytime soon

Yes. Your celly will be a big, mean nigger or someone like Lord Jamar.

How many exemptions do you claim on your w-2? Just because they are withholding doesn't mean you are giving them a big enough cut of your earnings.

Also if you ever get a good job and decide to start filing taxes you are fucking with years of back returns. Wew lad. I thought I was in trouble for not reporting a couple bucks of savings account interest for two years.

I mean how many exemptions did you claim on your w-4?

people get their wages garnished for this

file your returns user

I sent them a 1040, 1040 schedule d, and form 8949. I think everything they need. If they try to screw me saying I didn't send in the right forms I am going to REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

get ready to laugh when they send you a letter asking for your W-2. The same W-2 they sent you.

Dead serious. I would make a dollar bet on it.

I also sent them the very same packet of w2 material they sent me. I am gonna lose it if they do this to me.