JORDAN PETERSON had his ASS handed to him by Sam Harris

youtube.com/watch?v=p8TDbXO6dkk

Peterson keeps going on about Fairy Tales... Sam keeps telling him they're not real.

Peterson keeps saying they reflect reality.

Sam keeps saying that doesn't make God real.

Peterson seems to believe in fairy tales.

Wattafaggot.

What a lost cunt.

youtube.com/watch?v=p8TDbXO6dkk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Nw3H7namjc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Atheists are faggots.

Go back to sucking sky-dick you whale.

He didnt say the fairy tales were real, he's saying that the meaning inside the stories are real.

Sam is too much of a robot to understand anything beyond empiricism

if god is an incomprehensible force that guides us in a positive drection then those stories DO prove god exists

Throughout all of the years I have never heard somebody so brilliantly clear minded as Sam Harris.

He cuts through the shit like nobody I have ever seen can.

I guess that's because he's an Ashkenazi Jew. Man they're clever.

Yea and people who believe in a God that literally cucked a man (joseph) so he could be born a literal kike shitskin and have himself executed are also faggots.
What's your point?

The Jews are clever - AND good.

Of course its an australian poster.

Can't spell Ashkenazi without nazi.
>muh dick

Both of these colossal retards need to smoke some weed and listen to this-
youtube.com/watch?v=8Nw3H7namjc

fpbp

So it's basically rationalism VS empiricism.

>Peterson seems to believe in fairy tales.
No shit. You should watch some of his Maps of Meaning lectures sometime.

Of course the Slavic mong is anti-science.

fpbp also those time stamp digits dont lie

nice bait.

sort yourself out, kid.

Jews need to stop so vigorously marketing their people's supposed "intellectuals"

It's cringey, you're becoming nigger tier delusional.

Humans have innate behaviors, religion, culture and fairly tales are technologies that both support our innate needs and help control our innate behaviors.

Atheism doesn't work because man is not a blank slate.

I'm fuckin losin it over here

i think Peterson dosent belive in god, he just thinks that dissmising 200 years of culture is not the way to go

The first post is also the best post

Fpbp aussie btfo OI OI OI OI

Groups of social myths form a construct of meaning that influences actions.

That they're not the same as empirical reality is true but irrelevant.

They exist and guide interactions and assessments of value.

>arguing over the existence of god while kikes orchestrate an islamic/christian holy war around you

Oh shut the hell up, not politics faggot. Go jerk off your irrational atheism rants on a forum that cares

>this thread

>that entire OP

jesus christ you boys are homosexual

Get the fuck out of here Nigger and go to save your father, then get the fuck back to africa with him.

Nobody cares what Mexicans think about religion.

The joke is on atheists.

Christians have functioning, stable families. They love each other. They help each other. They are a bedrock. And they will always have each other. This is why Christianity still exists after centuries. It is powerful. It gives humans strength - the strength to survive.

What do atheists have? Fuck all. That's why they get depressed and kill themselves. Or engage in hedonism... and kill themselves. They have children out of wedlock. They get divorced. Many don't have kids at all. They're nihilistic, worthless nobodies.

Enjoy your empty life though.

t. globalist

I'm not even joking, fucking kill yourself.

Couldn't agree more. It's a social mythos and ruleset evolved and selected for over centuries. It has a track record. Any sane atheist recognizes this and the empirical truth or falsehood of the mythology is a complete irrelevance.

Ok mohamed, you/zee/thy are/zee/thy/is a fucking nigger. please don't sue me.

Sam didn't say religion can't have utility.

He's saying most major religions are not the best software to be running on your brain.

Also, atheists can still have ideologies. Their slate isn't blank. Humanism is an example of a secular ideology that if enough people followed may improve the world.

Once you acknowledge morality at it's core is about reducing suffering and increasing well being you can analyse the effectiveness of religions much easier. Does Islam increase a societies well being? No. Does Christianity? Perhaps, but we had to go through hell for it. Does Buddhism? Perhaps. Does atheism? Seems likely as atheism is most prevalent in the countries with the highest well being.

Can atheism protect itself against Islam? Doesn't seem like it.

How can we protect ourselves from Islam? Christianity? Perhaps.

etc until you arrive at a pragmatic set of actions to take.

You don't need to waffle on about slaying dragons to do the maths here. Peterson is a Grade A waffler. It's tedious listening to him tell 10 minute stories about kids playing hockey when he could just say "Being fair, sociable and a team player is a good way to live your life".

It's like he doesn't care I have a finite amount of seconds before I die and he's trying his hardest to waste them.

First post, gayest faggot post

Did you know that at the quantum level, scientists' expectations affect how the particles behave?

The quantum physicists at CERN have come to realize through this consistently repeated result, that our ideas have mass. They don't know exactly what that means yet, but the energy realized from our thoughts can affect the quantum foam. Even the mere act of observation can do this and they had to redesign experiments that would remove human observation and still record the data. Human thought affects the behavior of quantum particles.

Yes, goyim. Christianity is a lie. Atheism is the way to go.
I wonder who could be behind this post...

at least he has something to go back to

Religion is morality for stupid people. But it's track record for stable homes, societies, and birthrates is good... depending on the religion.

Atheism is garbage in those regards.

Quick question, can anyone actually look at Sam Haribo's smug fucking face without any sort of rage?

this. God approves of people that have faith in him. Atheists are always (if not, forever) stuck with their own arguments that they themselves can and cannot prove. They are like children denying that they are children

Exactly. Why do I give a fuck what others think of my beliefs? Let them wander lost in the dark while I live a life of purpose, self-belief, guidance, community, and fulfilment.

Atheism is the most pozzed thing I've ever encountered. Degenerate.

Kek.

This.

I feel bad for Atheists who have yet to have a religious experience. It must be sad living in a constant state of existential crises

A holy roll indeed

That's not the point. You guys constantly ignore the fact that while Christianity creates a fairly stable society, that has no bearing on whether it's true or not.

Useful does not equal factual.

It's useful to me if I believe I'm going to have immortality in the afterlife, but that doesn't make it true.

Let's talk about the utility of Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Atheism etc on society. But let's not pretend that magic zombie jews existed.

Also if you can't find meaning in your life without a old wizard in the sky that watches you wanking then you're pretty thick.

>Religion is morality for stupid people.

So, possibly the majority of people. Tell them no value means anything and they're celebrating being sluts and listening to niggers grunting and calling it music.

>believing a kike on a stick
>believe jews didn't invent the bible to control over goyim
what a lie you live.

the argument isnt about what lifestyle of beleifs lead to a better society/life.

the issue is what is true and what isnt true. beleiving in something bcause it makes you feel good doesnt make it true. christianity is the biggest blue pill and you all know it.

now if i could press a button that would make the whole of the western world god fearing law abiding citizens that live a good christian life i would do it in a second. that doesnt change the fact that chrisitanity is nonsense.

over time it will fade in a few generations it will hardly exist in the west because it is a fairytale.

Can't believe I wasted my seconds reading your bullshit.

>posting moonman

I already know you're depressed and single

>atheists can still have ideologies.

All atheists have ideologies even if they don't know it. I used to accept that a person could be moral without religion, until the last few years showed me that humans do not have a default morality. In the west, Christian morality, even if we are not christians ourselves, have directly born our morals, laws and societal rules.

When we look at muslims whose ideology differs so widely from ours, wouldn't they have a default morality that would tell them beheading people isn't normal? Stoning, honor killings, FGM, and other suffering to 'punish' people, isn't moral? No, they don't. They have a COMPLETELY different foundation.

Western atheists growing up in Christianized societies still internalize christian morals. Middle eastern atheists growing up in Islamicized societies internalize Islamic morals. Aborigines and other cannibal societies didn't have a default morality that would keep them from eating enemies or their children. Humans do not have a default morality.

Society alone provides morality.

>let's not pretend that magic zombie jews existed
prove the haven't

This is something I've struggled with a lot lately.

I'm currently in graduate school in a new city and honestly I'm pretty lonely. I go to class, go to lab, and then go home and throughout it all I'm mostly just alone with my own thoughts. My university runs all sorts of events for women in STEM, minorities, pride night, etc etc but as an average white guy I just don't feel that I have a community. I feel really isolated. I try to organize hangouts with my lab mates from time to time but they don't seem all that interested.

I've been an atheist for basically my entire life and although I still don't believe in the literal interpretations of the bible, that Jesus was resurrected, etc listening to Peterson's talks about choosing belief sets that yield positive benefits for your life has really fired up those neurons. I've gone from being a militant nu-atheist as a high schooler to recognizing that Christianity is the bedrock of Western Civilization and that all the religious people I know are happier than I am.

I'm seriously considering going to church this Sunday because I want to spend some time in a positive and uplifting community instead of constantly feeling attacked as a straight successful white man.

Not an argument.

>the issue is what is true and what isnt true. beleiving in something bcause it makes you feel good doesnt make it true.

That's the issue for smart and educated people. The majority are neither and they don't give a rat's ass what's true and what isn't.

It's like complaining that Santa Claus isn't real. No shit, but it makes the kiddies happy and it isn't hurting anyone, so why be a killjoy? Except in this case it's hacking away at the base of a functioning social order for the sake of values that only 3% of the population cares about at all.

Atheists are fucking retarded, I swear.

do you know how proof works? you cannot prove something doesnt exist you have to assume something doesnt exist unless you can prove it.

otherwise a judge can send you to jail based on the fact that nobody can prove you didnt commit a murder. it doesnt work like that, the court has to prove you committed a crime not the other way round

Nice try Shlomo,
>abandon your religion, go degenerate so ((we)) are the only ones with moral unity.

Fairy tales have their origin in the earliest days of our species you fucking faggot, they are the earliest of early oral traditions. Sam Harris is a fake academic who bought his degree like the rotten little jew he is. Peterson is an intellectual giant compared to that brainlet. Sort yourself out, then kill yourself.

true

Peterson lost any and all credibility when he tried to argue that truth was whatever is beneficial to mankind. What a wannabe intellectual faggot.

Fuckkkk offfffff.
This is plain wrong - the measuring devices themselves interact with the measured particle/force.. not the thoughts of those conducting the experiments.. Jesus Christ, how fucking stupid can you be..? Did you just hear this and decide to repeat it?
If you just want to seem 'full of facts' without actually doing the research, kill yourself now.

>Australia

Atheism implies infinite regression (irrational)
Deism implies an a priori (rational)

Wait...
You're a chemist? And you DON'T spend time with your labmates pulling pranks on SJWs?

Dude...

Just fucking go you autist, if you dont like it youre free to stop going

some peopel prioritise knowledge and truth over living in a nice ittle bubble.

the human race didnt achieve the things it has achieved by forcing itself to beleive in things it knows not to be true. that sort of attitude stifles progress.

if everybody thought like you we wuld still be worshipping the sun and the moon and living in mud huts

great argument. i'm a beleiver now

Yeah, fuck all those scientists!

Btw, roughly 80% of blacks in America are Christians and 72% of blacks in America are born out of wedlock. Maybe a lesson in biology and some personal responsibly instead of praying to a malevolent sky-daddy to solve all of their problems would help to curb that.

Except they're not mutually exclusive. The Jesuits have done standup scientific work for centuries, and if you think they're all True Believers you might want to have another look.

All the good things are easier to do in a society that functions, and keeping the proles happy and productive is part of that. They're never going to attend anybody's lecture series and they're good with that.

My lab mates ARE the SJWs. You have no idea how isolating our nation's top universities can be for conservative people. It's literally just assumed that you're a raging liberal because everyone else is.

Yeah I know. It's a little tough admitting that you were wrong though and then also not necessarily believing in a lot of the creation stuff. I feel like I'm at a crossroads in terms of my beliefs.

>>Humans do not have a default morality

That's demonstrably false.

Babies exhibit empathy and a negative reaction to watching people get hurt. They will wince and cry.

It actually takes a ton of effort to get somebody to saw another mans head off, or eat their own children.

You can tell it takes effort because

you should read the bible

he was yelling about facebook and shit before he drove off saying he was late for something

>It's a little tough admitting that you were wrong though
Are you actually autistic? Or a child? Maybe both

this. christianity has only really benefitted europeans every other place that practices christianity is a shithole. safe to say europe would have benefitted from any organised religion. we would have made it work because of our own nature not because of the nature of the religion itself

listening to this now. He really isnt at all. Sam Harris is sounding like a post modernist. Its kinda embarrassing for Harris. i dont think Sams every debated someone Peterson so he's too off guard. For as much as he like to jack off to his own intelegince and rational philospohy (in honesty he is incredibly smart) he really is nothing more than a follower of scientism. Sam cant seem to understand the is and aught problem exist.

>about reducing suffering and increasing well being
That's not true, because suffering is a necessary component for self-growth. If you exist only to avoid suffering you are not only a hedonist but a coward.

You're thick if you can't see the irrelevancy of your argument. Imagine that there are people who know what you know, but aren't blind to utility. You're like one of those guys in the movie theater who point out that blood on the screen is fake.

Today on waking up with ben stiller we will be discussing 12 different theories on morality

>My lab mates ARE the SJWs.
Has college changed this much in 9 years?
Almost no one in my group was leftist. The labs were one of the few places on campus you'd never find commie scum.
I can't imagine it being possible to learn chemistry or physics AND hold leftist beliefs.
Liberal beliefs, yes, but not the kinda shit SJWs believe.

>thing claims it will lead to better outcomes
>thing leads to objectively better outcomes
>it's all a pack of lies

Damn dude you're killin it.

>>because suffering is a necessary component for self-growth

Yeah and self-growth is needed to increase well being you moron.

It all reduces to well being. Sure a little suffering here and there could help, but as a general rule you should aim to reduce suffering.

How the fuck can you not figure that one out?

Agreed. They have no moral compass

I don't think Sam ever has debated someone like Peterson. Every "atheist" debate has always been "You can provide defenses for your religion, but I have no reason to believe it over other religions and I don't care because science is sufficient for me." Harris is physically incapable of handling the metaphysically objective truth that is the Jungpill.

those people made great advancements in spite of their religion not because of it. they didnt get their answers from the bible, god didnt drop the answers into their laps.

they went out and did research from that reserach they carried out experiments. they used logic and reason completely independently from their religious beleifs

>>believing santa leads to kids being happy
>>kids being happy is objectively better
>>santa is real

Somebody help me. the idiocy on this board is overwhelming.

>He's saying most major religions are not the best software to be running on your brain.
Which is retarded as they are the software that literally evolved in tandem with our wetware

>Humanism is an example of a secular ideology that if enough people followed may improve the world.
(((Humanism))) is the reason why the White race is dying.

Go. Churches are really great places and even if you don't believe in god, the institution itself promotes social conservatism and virtue. I also go to a university and its easy to get isolated in a hyper secular world. Going to church is what keeps me sane.

>That's not true, because suffering is a necessary component for self-growth.

I'm sure those slave labourers in North Korea who are forced to mine rocks with their fingernails and live off the rats they manage to catch because their grandfather escaped their communist shithole before they were even born are grateful for all the self-growth their suffering has caused.

Which one?
(1) Sam understands but doesn't see the relevance.
(2) Sam doesn't truly understand otherwise he would see the relevance.
(3) None of the above.

JORDAN B(ASED). PETERSON

look at the point i made here if you ask me we made great advancements because of who we are not because of any one religion.

christianity was just a vessel to spread our influence and it served its purpose well. but we have accumulated too much knowledge to continue beileiving in it it just wont fly anymore

>lel morals don't exist without Christianity

Fuck's sake if I see this stupid argument one more time

So you think without Christianity men are just wild beasts that don't know right from wrong

You think before Christianity came 2000 years ago people were cannibalizing each other on the street and everybody was okay with it, or stealing and murdering and not being punished for it

You think entire regions of the world that have survived for far longer than Christianity like India and China were just these completely moralless, lawless lands where randoms could rape 8 year old daughters for cash like some Ancap meme

WHY THE FUCK do you people keep believing in this moronic, idiotic idea that Christianity is the end-all-be-all of moral integrity? Fuck's sake, even goddamn animist tribal shamans like the Amazonians have a moral system that dictates right from wrong, almost 100% compatible with Christian morals

DO YOU REALLY THINK the 10 commandments, the cornerstone of your moral system (which was discovered by a Jew and mentioned in Judaism before Christianity) is some revolutionary thing that changed society and turned apes into men?

cucktheist doesnt understand allegory, more at 11.

>Useful does not equal factual.
The "factual" is irrelevant ephemera that evaporates into the ether without human observers.

You haven't even come close to completely the logical chain that has led me to my entirely atheist in origin anti-atheist stance.

It's pretty relevant to analyse ideologies roles in the formation of stable societies.

Christianity does a great job, sure. Maybe there's an even better one.

What's so insane about this proposition?

Also that line about the blood in the movie theater. That's Eric Weinsteins friendly jab at Sam Harris isn't it?

You know how atheists "fucking love science"? Science has actually shown that some of the happiest people (brainwave scans) are hyper-spiritual Tibetan monks who live in solitude. If their fulfillment can come through sacrifice and humility, then they can lead to sufficient well-being.