If America was built around cars, why doesn't the government build here build highways like in Japan?

If America was built around cars, why doesn't the government build here build highways like in Japan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_l4MyDUi8Rc
youtube.com/watch?v=m8IdjST6QZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1. Infrastructure is expensive (see 2)
2. Infrastructure construction is corrupt af with government contracts
3. Concrete is a major cause of (((((((((global warming))))))))))
4. Mass transit is better in many cases
5. Upgrading urban highways requires huge legal battles in some cases.

>like in Japan

What are you referring too?. Can we start with that?.

Your picture is confusing the shit out of me since we have stuff that looks like that.

1, 2, and 5 are the real answers, 2 and 5 causing 1.

It doesn't matter. Some nigger or woman will just move to the left lane as soon as they enter the interstate and cruise there 5 below the speed limit while the other clueless morons match their speed all the way across, no matter how many lanes you add.

Highways will never be great until we raise the competency for getting a driver's license.

The roads in Japan, or at least Okinawa, are really confusing though. The intersections are just clusterfucks. The stress of driving through one

The actual answer is because every government office is full of niggers, half breeds and women due to equal opportunity hiring requirements. They're rotting the country from the inside out.

How is this highway different than an American highway?

I believe that you are trying to say something or make some kind of point, but I just can't imagine what.

Japan has much, much higher urban density than anything America could even imagine. Tokyo-Yokohama's density makes the NYC-Washington-Boston corridor look like a motherfucking joke. Denser agglomerations of people and capital enable more complicated and expensive infrastructure projects. Not to mention Japan isn't as corrupt or wasteful as America politically so it could implement things better, more efficiently, and quicker.

>immediately blames a black person or woman for random problem

wanna guess how I can tell you're an idiot?

C'mon I know you're smart enough to know what I mean. :^)

The population density of Japan means a municipality has more money to throw at infrastructure in a given area than in North America.

T. lazy white degenerate who spends most of his free time getting angry on the Internet about people he never interacts with

Excuse me you fucking Wapaneese cunt?

Do you want to take that back OP?

When you build roads you build communism

Are you black or a woman?

I think this guy has a point. I just watched a documentary called "Why Trains Crash" and at a point in there they praise the Japanese train system and credit a large part of it's success and development to the amount of people that ride it and how much income it generates.

I would assume highways are the same way.

What elevated roadways for interchanges? Texas has shitloads of them.

Do you faggets even merge over water?

We prefer to merge underground.

We have more land to cover. That's why we don't make the weeb roller coasters you seem to be obsessed with.

The American highway is full of traffic.
The Japanese highway is clear because they've got better trains.

We do you fucking recluse.

It's really because they have nowhere to go. They rarely leave the cities...which are packed with traffic.

get on my level

What the shit are you even talking about? Nothing in your picture seems abnormal or unique.

Oh right, slide thread.

MOTOKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I-64 in downtown STL gets multi-tiered like that.

>driving in Japan
To what end?

What?

Who are the great Asian civil engineers? I've never heard of any.

Japan has japanese people.
America have niggers, mexicans, arabs, junkies, rednecks and so on.

Imagine all the costs of securing an area because signs of DO NOT STEAL OR TRASPASS do nothing.

What Island is that? On the big island I dont think we even have one tunnel.

Who the fuck can afford to drive in Japan? This equals less road work.

youtube.com/watch?v=_l4MyDUi8Rc

youtube.com/watch?v=m8IdjST6QZg

On top of this, our topography is not really conducive to train travel over extended distances. People always talk about trains in the U.S. and use Japan as an example, but it's a very different situation and there's not a major city in the U.S. without some kind train system, underground or otherwise.

obviously the only island that matters you moke

Interstate H3 is on Oahu

The UK?

ill slap your third world ass back to spain hamster eater

And through buildings apparently

Been to Oahu a couple times, driving through that pass is always one of my favorite parts of going there.

Okay, maybe I drive on it next time I come over.

. Kek

Implying you can see shit in front of you, my honorary Asian eyes.

At what age did you saw your penis for last time? All that fat is affecting your brain.

Gooks thoroughly BTFO

But we do already.

even better. if im fat and asian it means hamster might as well be my go to. ill fly on over and eat all those little fuckers so you all starve

America needs fast trains. But it will never get in our lifetime. Except maybe for short distance between few cities. But never from pacific to atlantic.

>You'll never drive for Chile devilish roads.

Japanese Rail goes through apartment buildings in many parts of the country. The major complaints of this practice is that when a train comes through, the entire apartment in the whole building rattles, shakes, and displaces glassware.

If the Japs were so smart, why did they do this? Simple. If they were so smart, why didn't they use math to figure out we were going to drop nukes on them?

Planes are faster.

Bitch im in WV, aint no mountain road i cant drive by this point.

Texas highway stacks best stacks.

Even medium-sized cities have them

>be me
>have rural property 15 minutes from local county road
>hair-raising bends that are blind
>having to honk or try to figure out if a car is coming from a blind bend by determining if they're coming via headlights
>WV

Sounds about right.

Los Angeles highway system is much more impressive than that piece of shit straight roads.

>needing that much instruction to drive around
we like the open nuke child

The only thing it would be useful for is shipping goods without shipping time being a factor like it already is. We could do the same thing for better value with airships as it would cost far less in infrastructure and maintenance costs while also being far faster. There's actually a good amount of research going into.

Try driving on that sort of road with a couple feet of fresh snow.

Texas is truly the best, too bad about all the darkies though.

why is japan so comfy?

Are you even american?

Highways like this are the reason why the US is even as successful as it is today.

>implying any of that is a problem

The U.S. was successful decades before the highways were built, let alone the interstate system. It just became more successful since goods became more accessible through the highway and interstate systems.

which wipeout game is this from?

but we do have overpasses and shit

pic related my daily commute

The whole country it's either Mountain or coastline, roads are amazing.

>Japan
>not being corrupt
>not being wasteful

Know that feel

>population density of any Burger city is nowhere near as dense as Tokyo while being as large and spacious as Tokyo so there's no way to raise enough funds through property taxes etc
>Burger IQ not as high as Japan, so they're too corrupt to use the state to build infrastructure of such magnitude

because we dont have the autism levels to fold our steel 1000 times dont worry though we are getting there

Grew up here, always loved this bridge.

Seems comfy

>Japan
Population density is high.
No oil country, so oil price is high.

CAR is for short and middle distance moving, mostly short distance.
TRAIN is for middle and long distance moving.
AIRPLANE is for long distance moving.

You need to pay money for highway driving.
Japanese uses highway for middle distance moving or need to move in hurry.

And there you have it op.

This is what happens to my bridges in cities: skylines when I make my road too tall and lower it further ahead.