Can intelligence be inherited from an older distant relative...

Can intelligence be inherited from an older distant relative? Or are you doomed with the foundation written in your genetic code from your parents?

It must be true, How can you explain a phenomenon like Einstein? His parents were average people, his father had a business that was on the bring of failure throughout most of its existence.

How far back into your family lineage can your intellect be inherited from and how much of it can come from that source? Can all of it be inherited from lets say your great great grandfather from 500 years ago?

Other urls found in this thread:

genetics.thetech.org/ask/ask445
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this is why you cant sleep with your cousin. too many recessive degeneracies

environmental genetics exists you fucking retarded faggots

PROTIP: your family tree isn't what you think it is. The more levels you know the more likely it is one of those guys is a cuck and you're not related to him.

>Can intelligence be inherited from an older distant relative? Or are you doomed with the foundation written in your genetic code from your parents?
I don't think you know how genetics or reproduction work, you're in large part the result of random allele recombination, your IQ can be predicted to be an average based on your parents, but it's all statistics, if it was determined by your parents' there wouldn't be people who were drastically smarter than their parents but there are a ton of people like that since it's really just a standard statistical distribution.

But environment can only influence so much of your intellect. How do you explain someone diving head first into degeneracy for years and then emerge with his life together, a success, with the realization how cancerous such a lifestyle is, while most others will just slip into degenerate lifestyles lets say with just the puff of a joint, and never emerge, and dig themselves into even deeper holes? This has to be thanks to nothing else than their genes, not their environment.

>Can intelligence be inherited from an older distant relative?
Yes.

>How far back into your family lineage can your intellect be inherited from and how much of it can come from that source?
As far as 4 generations down. Might be even more.

Even if the lineage is a bunch of dunce, there's a chance of high intelligence gene appearing out of nowhere. Argument to this is if it weren't true we wouldn't have smart people right now.

>random allele recombination
but is it random? i guess that depends on who you ask, someone who believes in destiny, god, is a catholic, vs someone who doesnt, and is an athiest.

Who is to say the recombination is random, and not perhaps a result of a genetic influence dating back centuries into your lineage.

that is an inappropriate metric for this case.

The genetic component would heavily compete with memories. While these may be engrained genetically, that would be considered environmental. The same genetics leading to degeneracy can also be associated with the kick out, i.e. bipolar and psyzo. Manic swings can be used for good.

Einstein's parents were Ashkenazi Jews.

There has never been a black intellectual giant.

Discuss.

>as far as 4 generations down, might be even more
can you find a source or a study that confirms this or is it all just superstition? I've tried to search for it but nothing juicy comes up, just a bunch of average material

We are all secret Chads?

this chart should be the answer to any race related question in terms of intelligence that you may have.

Likely due to African diet. Due to weaker food supply, weaker development. Add slavery and shit, not good.

On the other side, mental illness is associated with intellect. There is a price for everything.

>African diet
Africa is the most fertile place on the planet, that's part of the fucking problem they could just pick food up off the ground and never had to get smart enough to fish or farm or invent a written language for bartering, tracking debts or recording seed stock etc. also they didn't have harsh winters so never had to plan ahead, this is why blacks are so high time preference, with no impulse control

Well that's computationally completely impossible to determine feasibly so for all intents and purposes put your autism aside and we'll just call it random.

For fuck sakes.

Your DNA is a blueprint for a car (your body)

Your brain power is the engine and it's horsepower.

The horsepower of an engine is dependent upon multiple different parts of the engine, displacement of the pistons, how many cylinders, total surface area of the piston head, friction losses, etc...

You can't build a F1 on the blueprints of a pinto.

Go try to read Shakespeare to a hippopotamus until it can do quantum physics if you don't believe me.... They just don't have the mental capacity for that shit.

I can't find the pdf but here's a good article
genetics.thetech.org/ask/ask445

>add slavery and shit, not good

I have a problem with this. Katyn for example killed off polish doctors, lawyers, high ranking generals in an effort to pacify polish intelligence, so that their people could never flourish. Yet, Poland has one of the highest iq's in the world (99) so systematic trauma can't be such an influential factor. I think it's more of an evolutionary issue. Black people are simply underdeveloped humans because of the location that cultivated their ancestry. But blacks are superior physically in some aspects, like running for example. The fastest runner in the world right now is a nigger, what is the explanation for that? Maybe it has something to do with how there are so many fuckin lions in Africa that required them to evolve their speed. Why did their intellect not evolve? Because they chose to stay in Africa.

Humans mutate. Cars doesn't.

WE WAZ KANGZ

>mental illness is associated with intellect
No, more intelligent people are simply more successful and they can afford psychiatrists.

Are the gang-bangers who kill people every night in Chicago not mentally ill?

so whats your take on the metric i gave him about someone who emerges from degeneracy vs someone who doesn't?

bamp

Retardation is a mental illness so yes

Implying intelligence is passed like filling a cup of water, it's not that simple.
Maybe minus and minus gives plus.

>Humans mutate. Cars doesn't.

Blueprints change every year.

That's not mutation

It's called atavism.

And what is your source on this bullshit?

>That's not mutation

>HURR DURR, CARS AINT PEOPLE!

well done on your brilliant observation.

>mental illness

The price of self-awareness, in some cases.

Africans are the biggest and strongest race physically though, are physical and mental development not related?

Nice post.

Seriously, I have seen some posts in my time... but the eloquence and verbosity of your rebuttal stands in STARK contrast to them all.

/sarcasm

Genetic expression is limited to parental inheritance, mutation, and epigenetics. The level of individual gene expression is highly variable though. It's very difficult to say what confluence of factors made someone like Einstein the mind he was (though the idea his parents were rubes is probably apocryphal), but no, there is no such thing as an allele that skips generations.

Of course they're related, intelligence isn't some immaterial thing like the soul or whatnot.

It stems from the state of the brain and all the functions of your body that support it, the whole gestalt.

My pleasure pointing out your contradiction

/not sarcasm

Environment is always more complicated than your pet model makes it out to be. I'm not saying heritability doesn't factor, but it's nigh impossible to completely control for environment.

I'm not not sure how heritable IQ actually is, my mother's is 84 and yet mine is 130.
Most of my siblings are around 90, no idea where mine came from.

If you thought about it, you'd be able to deduce that it's very inheritable, on account of your siblings. You're just an exception.

That would be the case in a simple recessive allele, yes. There are a lot more genes involved in human intelligence than one punnet square's worth though.

Also explains why the SAT exam would be considered seventh grade material in India, or even Nigeria.

My siblings actually have an intelligent father though, mine was just some junkie one night stand in my mums teens.

That's tricky then, though it doesn't have to mean that your biological father wasn't intelligent, even though he was a junkie punk.

>My pleasure pointing out your contradiction

All the posts I've seen are shit.

Yours included

IIRC, it's around 60% heritable in developed countries. Your mum probably fucked Will Hunting in the janitor's closet though.

Also, worth noting that if you were the first child, you probably got the best genetics, according to some studies.

>his father had a business that was on the bring of failure throughout most of its existence
So you think higher IQ means more money? Why are most ((((smart)))) people teachers or work other barely above minimum wage jobs? You can be smart and clean toilets. Watch Good Will Hunting. Einstein himself worked a dead end job.

I wasn't breast fed and my mother drank and took drugs through her entire pregnancy.
My siblings were breastfed and my mother had given up drinking after beating me so badly as a baby child protective services were going to take me.
Guess i'm just a freak scenario.

Yeah, but you have a different father. That's kind of a big factor.

He's in jail, he's not a bright man.
Got in contact with him in my teens.

Underrated post

>Can intelligence be inherited from an older distant relative? Or are you doomed with the foundation written in your genetic code from your parents?

There's no correlation to any of that, that's why the rich need the poor: even though most of the poor are retarded, they still randomly produce intelligent humans

And, as every space lizard knows, it's only the most intelligent humans whose brains are the most delicious

>as every space lizard knows

>Can intelligence be inherited from an older distant relative?
Yes, especially with artificial insemination you can choose the best children genes that your balls have to offer.