The more I know about catholics the more I hate being one

The more I know about catholics the more I hate being one

They are all corrupt, evil, murderous, child trafficking peodphiles, kissing the feet of muslims and jews

>b-b-but they copied some roman paper 1700 years ago d-deus vult

Leave the church. You can still believe in god. Just don't be a dick about it. You can also be an atheist. Just don't be a dick about it.

This is what they are today. This is what we Orthodox were as long as we exist. That's why you hate us, remember?

Who cares, though? Just help your tribe win and that's all that matters.

Guys, where did everything go so wrong with religion?

t.former super fedora

>t.former super fedora

No you are a current super fedora

>b-b-but they copied some roman paper 1700 years ago d-deus vult
No one who backs the military orders agrees with the catholic church
Clement V is not my pope.
He is a traitor and probably a heretic.

It was like that from the get-go.

I know it's a common meme, but it's bullshit. The chances that there is a god or afterlife are logically lower than 0.0000000...1%.

It's like spending your life throwing apples in the air hoping one of them will somehow not reach the ground.

And what kind of people does it take to convince the masses of this? That's right, sociopaths.

No, I now legit believe that there forces that are beyond human comprehension, such as god.
The question is, why is there no direct way to him?
Isn't that what religions are for, making it easier to get close to god?

No YOU'RE the fedora!

back to plebbit faggot, the edgy atheist shit was beaten into the ground a decade ago

Then prove the existence of God. I'll wait.

>inb4 y-you prove he doesn't exist
The burden of proof is on the person claiming existence.

God and the "afterlife" are pretty much "real" the weird thing about is that almost no human religion is capable of properly adressing these things or opening the eyes of the people to them.
Maybe "blind faith" as they say is the reason, or just generally people who'd rather exploit the spiritual side of the masses. I guess the bad part of human nature also plays a role in this, why should anyone help anyone but themselves when it comes to the spiritual? Hence why modern religions are almost always corrupt or outright lies.

>Just don't be a dick about it.
ples

[spoiler] God don't real [/spoiler]

>The question is, why is there no direct way to him?
Because that would be too easy. Find your own way.

But what if we've already done that and want to help others?
I'm not saying forcing a certain kind of rules or principles but make it so that the masses crave them.
Guidance, a little "help" will counteract the current shroud placed around the eyes of humanity, which should in turn lead to balance.

>a lie is spread in order to enslave people
>my family believes the lie and wastes their life on bullshit
>don't be a dick about it
fuck you and your feelings. i'm trying to spread the truth, not dogma.

i don't quite understand what you're getting at with this.

stop giving shit about yourself, give it all to God
alot of time has passed and it whittles away the true message

praise God, give your self to Him. stop being a selfsh prick, and let people come to their own conclusions, if they are fedora teir argumentative, let them wallow in their own view of the world

>i don't quite understand what you're getting at with this.
I doubt anybody would, in this day and age at least.

Okay, then expect other people to be a dick to you.

You mean that people have to find the truth on their own, without other people telling them how?

They are. And I like it that way.

That's how you find the truth, not by being permalocked in your comfort zone.

Go protestant xD

I mean at least we're not cucks and totally based, filled with redpills for days!! :D

the "god exists" meme is so outdated

Sorta, humanity needs to look "inside" to achieve balance and harmony in life, but how can it do that without any guidance?
It's possible to find the truth on your own and cope with it entirely but you will need to have a combination of luck, skill, and inner/outer strength.
Something that comes very rarely in people, even so, the idea is not about forcing harmony and a way of life but always being there to help them without altering or messing with their current spiritual path by offering useful tips or motivation.

I was just talking about shoving your believs down other peoples throats

Welcome back to humanity, keep asking questions

Youre in the wrong place man.

And anti science and contradict early christian

Just ask irenareus

"Those, therefore, who desert the preaching of the Church, call in question the knowledge of the holy Priests, not taking into consideration of how much greater consequence is a religious man, even in a private station, than a blasphemous and impudent sophist. Now, such are all the heretics, and those who imagine that they have hit upon something more beyond the truth, so that by following those things already mentioned, proceeding on their way variously, inharmoniously, and foolishly, not keeping always to the same opinions with regard to the same things, as blind men are led by the blind, they shall deservedly fall into the ditch of ignorance lying in their path, ever seeking and never finding out the truth. It behoves us, therefore, to avoid their doctrines, and to take careful heed lest we suffer any injury from them; but to flee to the Church, and be brought up in her bosom, and be nourished with the Lord’s Scriptures. For the Church has been planted as a garden in this world; therefore says the Spirit of God, 'Thou mayest freely eat from every tree of the garden' that is, Eat ye from every Scripture of the Lord; but ye shall not eat with an uplifted mind, nor touch any heretical discord." - AH, 5, 20, 2

That's exactly what everyone should do, and if my beliefs are bullshit, I expect you to prove it to me, and if I think yours are bullshit, I'll try to prove it to you.

That's how discussion works. The "don't shove it down people's throats" argument is only used by theists because they have no real arguments.

>beliefs
>prove

Sure thing Silva.

Well, no shit. Convert to Orthodoxy.

If you believe something to be true with no evidence whatsoever, you are everything that is wrong with the world.

You are literally no different from the SJWs and white privilege.

Holy shit, I thought we were talking about religion, you piece of shit. Obviously you need evidence for something physical, but please enlighten me how to prove or disprove god.

You can't disprove him because you can't disprove universal nonexistence: logic 101.

So the burden of proof is on you. Or at least the burden of the explanation. Why do you believe in god?

I don't.
They don't need proof. That's called faith.
I think it's stupid, but go ahead. Pray to the gods. Don't blow anyone up, though.

>They don't need proof. That's called faith.
Why not try to "know" rather than to believe?
It's the only way to be certain, faith is nothing more than a tool.
For instance, I can believe that if I jump out of my window I will fly like a bird.
That's entirely different and more dangerous than knowing how to evolve wings or construct a machine to aid me.

Because - like with the flying thing - you'll only "know" the truth once you're dead.
And if you don't have faith when you were alive, you're in deep shit in the afterlife (depending on the religion).

This isn't true. Catholics are the biggest team, a literal broad church filled with good people trying to do good.

You should put your energy to forcing the church to weed out evil people (at whichever rank of clergy or laity) instead of rage quitting and becoming a heretic or fedora

>you'll only "know" the truth once you're dead.
There's absolutely no difference between being alive or dead, or existing and non-existing.
Everything in the physical world always mimics that which is on the other side.
Besides, death is just "change". Change can also happen when you are alive.

>A live body and a dead body contain the same number of particles. Structurally, there’s no discernible difference. Life and death are unquantifiable abstracts. Why should I be concerned?
Yeah, but that's what most religions believe.

A body is the expression of the soul and the soul is the expression of the body.
Death and life mean nothing, if you look at the whole picture but that doesn't mean that they can't be made to have a purpose by those experiencing it.
Hence why there are "consequences" erected for bad actions like "hell" and "benefits" for good actions "heaven"
In the end, everything is just a distraction to cope because truth hurts in more ways than anyone can imagine.