Alright youtube

Alright youtube

People like Styx, Tara McCarthy and dozens of other youtube celebs are talking about how scientists are too dogmatic and ignorant to believe in the paranormal, how things like meme magic are actually real, how magic (or magick) does exist, that things like telepathy are real.

Where is the evidence?

Is there even one shred of evidence, one experiment a normal person can do to to confirm that these things do exist?

youtube.com/watch?v=TTw47MTlO1w

That's about all
Peace out

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=isppUA0MZmw
youtube.com/watch?v=hla2EXpjvug
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Also does anyone know why I have a Swedish flag?
I am not posting from Sweden. My internet randomly just assigns me random flags like Netherlands, Germany and Sweden.

>youtube celebs
>opinions discarded

that's okay to be ashamed

there is no evidence

It's not just youtube celebs.
Anthony Brian Logan had a podcast where he had someone named ''Lady Alchemy'' on who spoke about spirituality, alchemy and paranormal, even though she is an atheist.
Styx is also an atheist, yet these people firmly believe that paranormal does exist, and it should be researched by scientists, yet they haven't given any proof for the existence of the paranormal.

I want to know where these people are coming from.

This.

The issue is that your listening to styx for his whacky spiritual beliefs instead of his political opinions.
Same with all of the fucktards on vargs youtube that eat up his retarded "fuck christianity" videos.

>Styx
fuck off with that fedora garbage.

Dynamic IP
but scientists won't believe in things like magick because they're impossible to test using the scientific method.

Where there is smoke there's a fag on fire.
Even if there is no evidence behind any of their claims, where are these claims coming from? What convinced them that the paranormal is real? These are reasonable people who are spot on with their political analysis. Simply saying that they're delusional seems like a cop out.

They're not wrong, look at how sciencucks dump on philosophy.

Your ISP must have acquired new IP blocks.
It takes a while to re-register them.
I had the same thing with Germany a while back.

I am listening to Styx for his political analysis. I've been ignoring his spiritual shit, but I am seeing more and more people come out with wacky occult beliefs.

I want some faggot to figure out what causes this.
People like Styx never go into details or any evidence, they're preaching to the choir.

wow this guy looks so edgy it hurts

I dunno man, people just like believing stupid shit.
Some people are just more predisposed to it than others.
There really is no solid explanation, unless some neurologist or something wants to waste their time analyzing religious thought patterns.

Does having a dynamic IP really explain it? I think most people on Sup Forums have a dynamic IP, yet I don't see anyone but me whining about having the wrong flag.
I am the only person I've seen have this issue. If you've seen anyone talking about it on Sup Forums it was probably me.

>paranormal
>supernatural
Look at these words and think about what they describe. The sciences are an attempt to describe the natural world. Something that is SUPER natural would de facto not be verifiable via the scientific method much less be something a scientist would care abouto.

I'm open to the possibility supernatural phenomena exist, but it's not exactly something you should go to scientists for.

>They're not wrong
But where is the evidence? Why should their claims be taken seriously by anyone?
If they simply came up with a single experiment that could convince some people that there is some validity behind their claims, that would be great.

Extreme materialism and renunciation of not just the literal aspect of Christianity but the philosophical has absolutely destroyer western values and world view. People need something to "believe in" so they turn to the state and materialism. Now we have rampant nihilism and post-modern madness running rampant. What even is real anymore, everybody lies to each other (wage gap, women are no different to men, gender is a construct), we have no compass or grounding.

We need to rescue the father. Revivify the culture that mad ethe west so great.

>people actually believe that an egyptian god would give a fuck about autists posting frog memes on a puerto rican DSLR forum

If it can't be observed by scientists, how can it be observed by random nobodies like Styx?

Is it like Berserkā„¢ where you can only see fairies if you have a certain frame of mind?

>where are these claims coming from
Ignorance. There is no evidence.

How can it be ignorance when these people are well informed on politics, and their occult beliefs are based on reading hundreds of books about the occult?
How can someone be ignorant by reading too much?

If I read a lot of history books and realize that the holocaust didn't happen, am I ignorant?

Read the Kybalion.
Matter isn't all there is, or are you physically moving thoughts around?

Styx is just like i imagine the average pollack. An agry betanerd.

By reading things written by ignorant people, or by being a mong and not understanding either what's written or what is observably occurring.

>Kybalion

Good man, that's an excellent place to begin.

>autists

Quick rundown?

That's terrible photoshop
You don't just put a very sharp picture on a blurry image. The pixels on the Hello Kitty are way bigger than the pixels on the image.

Fucking hell, Styx was right about you faggots.
He called out ShareBlue for doing this, and you are doing that.

Its more of just taking things that have been already proven, and extrapolating on that. This combined with personal experience leads to a type of faith that drives people.

In other words, look at how weird water is. Or how our brains work. Or what consciousness is. Or the fractal nature of reality. Or a million other things normies dont take the time to look at and draw their own conclusions about.

Then see it for what it is: magic.

Magic is said to be any form of technological advancement that is too far removed from our current understanding to seem possible.

What if i told you ANYTHING is possible, if only you KNEW it was?

There is a difference between believing (hoping) and KNOWING (certainty).

You pickin up what im putting down?

Absolutely retarded. Why are you posting this on Sup Forums faggot, go back to plebbit.

This.

"Magical thinking" is a legitimate mental illness in the DSM. People can still be intelligent and understand politics, but suffer from crippling mental illness (OCD, ADD, Bipolar, Schizophrenia, Dissociative Identity, etc) there's no valid argument to say "these people are well informed, so they aren't mentally ill." That's asinine. These people are mentally ill, and they believe they are fairies, wizards, shamans, vampires. Whatever. Any questions?

Matter is a physical representation of energy as explained by science, not by magic.

Why does this beta version Nathan Explosion constantly make threads about himself? How about this, most youtube """""celebs""""" who live with their parents are too mentally ill to believe in the scientific method

Son, wilfully subjecting yourself to a lie (even to a lie devised by humans at a relatively very undeveloped stage) is no better than accepting that the world as experienced through your meat machine is a wholly subjective experience.

>These people are mentally ill, and they believe they are fairies, wizards, shamans, vampires. Whatever.

Youre confusing different groups of individuals here

What makes you think everybody who believes in paranormal assumes they have potential to do such things as be shamans and.. what did you say? Vampires? Kek

> i don't understand it so it doesn't exist
> i was learned otherwise therefore this is incorrect
just read the damn book chad

its actually quite funny

What if I've realized that but decided it would be more fun to pretend God is real than to be a nihilist?

This. God bless

I know right, these people and their need for things to actually correlate to reality.

be my guest but don't expect me to support or understand if you then proceed to bring any logical assumptions or opinions based on that belief into action.

He just wants to be uncucked

I was just illustrating a point of what magical thinking literally is, it's a broad term to describe the belief that actions can be influenced in a "magical way" and extends to things like obsessive rituals (I must compulsively x so that y) to impossible beliefs outside the norm (I have the power to x if I y). I believe in some paranormal phenomena, like a soul/spirit, but I don't have the belief my soul can influence other peoples lives which would be magical thinking.

>Hur Dur Read the Kybalion
What I said is literally science, although it begins to get esoteric when we get into theoretical physics. I'm familiar with the pseudonym Hermes Trismegistus, and hermetic teachings. The emerald tablets, the kybalion, it's interesting but it's not science. What are you trying to say Josh?

Doesn't look particularly odd to me. If unconventional hair and a moronic look signify anything out of the ordinary to you I can safely assume you're extremely sheltered and young.

If everything is completely subjective that means nothing really matters or is right or wrong, not even the truth. Why do you confine yourself to the limits of logical thought when irrational thought is so much more fun?

It's actually quite funny, I started to miss these threads. Molymeme's Molygate was still showing up here and there but Shitshekelscammer123 really is the best meme out of all.

See, I think he takes it in good spirit though.
Honestly, it's all good fun.
All goofy jokes.
Really laughable, kek.
Egocentric will say "UUUGH SHILL!".
But fuck the haters!
Look at them, they're trolls.
Unsatisfied with themselves.
Eerely retarded.

That's right, all is energy.

Yeah, really well put. I think it's good for science for people to be discussing what and how something is provable, and what kind of evidence is worth considering or dismissing based on merit.

I like the way people are discussing flat Earth a lot now IRL, it's healthy for everyone to ponder gravity and how mass could attract and form objects in a vacuum. It's all provable very easily by more space missions, hopefully a moon base and if we colonise Mars.. Then we can go to war with them! Because profit, their land and taxes owed!

This whole kek thing kinda rocked my otherwise steadfast belief in reality being reality. David Icke said that 2017 was going to be the year of the awakening, I think that's measurable in most places now.

Actually giving a shit about the Dutch and French elections, or even the American election - over the past years I've zoned out through all of them.

Now I've been thinking about how senates work, president vs prime minister vs head of state.

Few beers in, scuse the ramble

If that is how you interpret all of the philsophy of Christian philosophy, much of which pre-dates chrsitianty as nothing "but a lie by undeveloped human" then i must ask you: What is the alternative? How does scientific rationalism and objectivity provide a stable society and culture? Science doesn't even know what consciousness is. Face it; we threw the baby out with the bathwater when we tore down not just christian lieral doctrine (church doctrine etc) but also christian culture. I was a part of it too (the four horsemen new atheism of the 2010's etc). We fucked up.

As an average human being I'm rewarded for acting according to my evolutionary instincts (which are not limited to direct brutal competition by the way) by my own body and by the society around me. If I do good I shall feel good. If I do bad I shall suffer. Even if existence is meaningless I try to make the most out of it.

All good..

Yeah, meme magic is legit. Its a term for use of memetics to put suggestions into the collective consciousness..

And the collective consciousness is what connects us all. Before anyone talks shit about that look into the 100th monkey effect.

Richest people in the world are where they are because of their knowledge of the mind, which some would call esoteric.. lots of science goes into things we dont know about.. black budgets and so on.

is this better or worse
thank you for your input

>This whole kek thing kinda rocked my otherwise steadfast belief in reality being reality

That made me consider whether or not we are living in a computer simulation.
The idea that we live in a computer simulation isn't that far fetched, and if that was true, then it wouldn't be that big of a stretch to assume there are some things that physically don't make any sense, but I don't see anyone approaching the topic from that angle.

People like Styx just call people close minded and how there is no evidence that paranormal doesn't exist, and then they just keep going with the assumption that the paranormal does exist.
They don't reason and explain things.

If I played devil's advocate and presented a case for believing in the supernatural, I believe I would do much better than Styx, because these people are giving me nothing.

You can tell its drawn.. not printed on the shirt or anything. Lighting is wrong

You are a fucking retard if you think Styx believes in spooky scary skeletons ans demons flying around. You also clearly have no fucking clue what the "occult" means.

Styx has said many times that he's an atheist. He doesnt believe in literal demons and devils. But he does believe in the value of analyzing these myths and what they imply about us.

tl;dr

Learn what the word occult actually means, cuck

>implying Varg is wrong about (((Christianity)))
It's a religion made from ex jews, how can you trust that schlock

Much better, but it still looks fake.
I don't think the angle even works. Ok, so he is wearing a HelloKitty pin or whatever. Ok. Who cares?

People are too young to remember HelloKitty, and even if they remember it, it's not that big of a deal. You might as well give him a Club Penguin pin. It means nothing. No one cares.

Hello Kitty has never been hated. It's an old meme.
It's like an old timey pepe.

Read a book dumb nigger.

Its a fairly short text. I recommend finding a pdf of it. I couldn't really do it justice in a tl;dr to be honest. Trust me, its worth a read. It has to do with the status of the universe in direct relation to the human mind. The mind is a microcosm of the all.

Hello disgruntled swede from every e-celeb thread

Once upon a time diseases were the dimense of the spiritual because science couldn't explain it. Science does a pretty shit job of explaining the universe to be honest.

Around 50 minutes Styx talks about magic, how he believes in the supernatural because he saw a demon as a kid.

>I've seen a ghost
>I've seen a UFO
>I've seen a demon
Actual quotes from 53:15

Woah, but I guess I am a fucking retard, because I watched a video where he made these claims.

Ok! While I have you, I have to tell you something and ask you something.

These moments of connection, like us being on exactly the same level of interest on a VERY specific subject that probably no one we know in the real world (meat dimension as I call it)

They couldn't actually engage in the conversation cos giving a shit about kek has SO MUCH back story required. For me, my interaction with kek was almost written into my life events post first engagement with people in a hive like/online environment.

It's like we telepathically connect for a moment, then the moment passes. And you can also see all of the different levels of others doing the same around us, the shit posts, the random looney antics. I guess this must've been true for my entire internet life (mid 90's till now) but it's never really been accepted as that until I saw how much lying was going on from the mouth pieces that have always been perfectly true. Like the MSM, stuff you learned in school, 'known truths' of society etc.

Am I making sense?

The spending on stuff like remote viewing really makes it more compelling too I think, how far do you go with the esoteric/aliens/dimensions/lizards?

instead of hello kitty maybe pepper pig?
was that a thing when this photo was taken?
i want to take the piss in a subtle way

>once upon a time
>dimense
Not sure what the word means, but you also said spiritual, which is spirituality not science. In those days diseases were treated by priests, not by doctors, which is religion not science. I'm not knocking esoteric beliefs, I'm simply stating that magical thinking is in-fact classified as a cognitive error and a mental illness. Believing you're a witch who can curse president Trump )(magical thinking) is akin to believing you have to wash your hands until they bleed or they won't be clean (OCD). You can still be a highly intelligent individual and suffer either affliction.

Alright faggots, look at this shit and tell me science can explain why this video basically shows the universe is a particle???

m.youtube.com/watch?v=isppUA0MZmw

And then, tell me how the fuck people have known this fact for THOUSANDS of years

"As above, so below. As below, so above"

"As within, is without. As without, is within."

Think of the possibilities when you realize EVERYTHING is connected, separated by a very arbitrary amount of "space" or "time"

Maybe this is too deep for Sup Forums

Kek will send a sign if not

anyone familiar with Rupert Sheldrake? Talks a lot about morphic resonance

>be Sup Forums
>Delve into Nazi esotericism
>Delve into norse mysticism
>Applaud christian mysticism
>Dabble with chaos magic
>Study egyptian cults
>Then denounce youtuber for occult leanings

Why.jpg

No personal experience with any entities, guess they like to hide from me LOL

But the telepathy thing.. yeah i understand entirely. The internet is a "portal" of sorts.

And another way to access that kind of mental connection is, guess what: HARDCORE HALLUCINOGENS

Im not joking, do some moderately high doses of LSD witha friend with the knowledge you have and youd be in for a doozy of an experience.

No evidence is better than invalid evidence.

Scientific journals won't publish "failed to repeat results" experiments. They will hardly ever even publish confirmed repeated experiments. Most experiments in psychology assume normal distribution rather than Pareto distributions.

At a high enough level science would be "perceived" as magic to the uninitiated, or those who don't understand how it works. It doesn't change the fact that science can't explain why we are here. What happens to us when we die. Where does that energy go if it is never created or destroyed? Reality is a very subjective experience. The mind can affect change in the world around us and science does absolutely fuck all to explain it. Hell even the CIA admitted this year that they were using remote viewing and that different people had different aptitudes in its application. Those with ears to hear will find the lips to fill them. Or perhaps its another case of pearls before swine. The defining characteristic is the beholder.

Interesting. I did not realize such a thing as a Pareto distribution existed. Thank you for sharing that tidbit.

He's not making any claims you moron. He's describing what he might have seen. He's not saying that they were actual ghosts and demons and aliens.

You are thick as a brick. I've actually read some of Styx's books so I know how he views these phenomenon. You are extrapolating everything about his worldview from a single video.

Forget what I said before about educating yourself on the occult. Just kill yourself instead.

I got you famalam. Carry on.

Its all part of the plan!

..sort of.

Theyre getting desperate at this point desu

You clearly haven't watched the video, so why are you even commenting?
Watch it before making retarded claims.
I listened to all of it.

I have yet to encounter anything beyond the empirical physical arbitrary reality in front of me.

So, I only have my personal account...

Maybe all the ghosts and warlocks and demons and whatever just magically disappear whenever I'm around.

Perhaps I'm schizophrenic, and therefor, incapable of seeing any of those incredible things, and instead, see the ordinary non magical stuff.

Psst. Hes a shill. Either that or bored

I'd cut a paragraph out of what I was saying before so it kinda didn't make sense when I re-read it. But you got what I meant.

Good idea re the drugs, funnily enough a friend of mine called before to say there should be mushrooms popping up this weekend. My cousin had a powerful DMT trip which sounded a little too much for me. Have you tried DMT?

>Pareto distribution

Yes all the math aside, its very political because regular distributions seem more "fair" whereas the Paredo explains why there are so many losers, and why winners can reach such crushing levels of dominance.

Oh the irony in that last part!

No, it's a faggot who believes in the occult, so instead of addressing what people like Styx believes he simply projects his own beliefs on Styx.

I don't care what these people think. I want to hear the Styx kind of perspective of the paranormal.

Have not done DMT.. but very much want to. Ive done about 750 ug of LSD in one go before though.

OP, bookmark this thread, read the Kybalion, then come back and re read it. Youll understand alot more than you see now. There have been many times now where i have read something informative a second time after a good 6 months or a year has passed and was amazed at how much more i could process and comprehend.

Eh if they don't want to hear it its not my job to convert them. Granted I also wouldn't go spitting hermetics to every Tom, Dick, and Harry on the street either. Some people might be liable to institutionalize your ass for it. Or try to at least.

>scientists are too dogmatic to believe in paranormal
>is there an experiment that proves the paranormal?

Are you fucking daft?

>I want evidence for will manifestation

Not how it works faggot. In order to manifest will you have to already believe you can do it.

Materialism is false, and 99% of scientific papers fail statistical significance standards. Don't believe me? Go on google scholar right now and review like 50 paper statistics.

>Where is the evidence?
Trump won the presidency when he literally was chosen to lose by (((them))) and all the means at their disposal

tl:dr
If someone has a point they can give a quick rundown.
If I believe blacks commit more crime than whites I can give a quick rundown, I can show some statistics.

When a communist wants me to be a commie he gives me some book to read and goes ''wow dude, just read this, dude, this will convince you''.

Every single time.
I am yet to encounter anyone who was right and instead of explaining themselves they gave me some book to read.

Even people who believe in string theory can give you a basic explanation for it. Communists can never give a basic explanation, they always give you a book to read.
I am not reading shit.

I'm on the same page as you there, I don't think anyone is really exploring and arguing these ideas properly at the moment. Mainstream science people like Hawkings and Degrass Tyson just don't really add much value in my opinion..

They bang on about maths, they fixate and obsess over who can better explain the origin of the universe or whatever this shit is. It's like a slide thread, they're basically doing what the religions are doing and saying: "trust me, I'm trust worthy and know the REAL story, unlike that guy.."

Their approach does nothing to confirm to anything, unless they can cook up some maths that proves it in theory. In contrast, if they actually did some moon base building or mars missions (so we can later bomb the mars people) it'd start to whittle down the possibilities of whether or not this is a simulation.

Or if it's some kind of augmented reality, and then these moments where you really connect on a subject with a person who you'll never meet or know - isn't that some kind of computer network assisted greater consciousness connecting?

Like if we're all thinking and saying the same thing, on some higher level I think we could all be the same consciousness. Reading this as I write it, it doesn't seem original but it's an original experience to me. Fucking strange.

But this is a really good mmorpg, and I'm pretty sure it's multi player insofar as we all exist..

You listen to the political advice from a guy who literally believes in magic?

>17 posts by this ID

You seem fixated and bitter, swedefriend. I imagine you're a a hard line Dawkins worshiper.

What more evidence do you require that the planet is bathed in different intergallactic radiations at different times of the year? That's hard science, and the basis for most "magick".

The weird shit about "climb a tree at midnight on the fourth day of the third month" stuff is peasant agriculture, designed to direct people to harvest seasonal forrage at its most nutritious.

99% of medieval black magick mumbo jumbo texts are political satire reporting truthfully on the royal's degeneracy and the must have been open paedophilia of the Vatican at the time.

Alchemy texts however became the basis for the Periodic Table of the Elements: you're fucking studying it in school. An now we discover all sorts of "black magic" turn out to be coded texts describing quantum physics. Even Plato was in on it, his description of Atlantis is a coded wavefucntion for a proton.

Or do you mean "can I chuck a fireball for a laugh?" Bizarrely enough, there may be circumstances in which you could, but you'd have to be in the right place at the right time doing exactly the right thing, and you'd probably die trying, Spontaneous Human Combustion-like.

And yes, the disembodied entitities that periodically plague humans and can make solid objects out of raw energy also seem to be real, albeit natural features of planet earth as much as you or I. They just only show up every 70 years or so, wear different disguises to fuck with us, and then disappear again. Kind of makes it difficult to study them. Next wave ETA: 1967+70years.

Maybe try reading the thread

Religion is for retards who need a safety blanket.

Soo...
Here we have these people.
All of them trying to tell me that meme magic is false.
Really annoying thing though: it's not.
End of discussion, no matter what you say.
But fear not: the false prophets will be erased out of this Earth.
Little at a time, but you'll see...
Utterly disgusting it is, seeing them teaching false dogmas.
El, so is their name, will TITCH you how to be villains!

youtube.com/watch?v=hla2EXpjvug

I have, and so far you've revealed that you detest reading and expect me to take your spiritual beliefs seriously. Crack open a book sometime faggot.

Also

>Swede
>Opinion worth anything