New tax on the poor coming soon to Leafland

The canadians I know use junk food to prevent starvation since all their money goes to heating and rent.

>Affordable, tasty calorie dense foods BTFO, I guess.

How does this even happen?

>soda is more cost efficient than staple foods like rice, flour and potatoes

fuck outta here. that being said this tax is ridiculous nanny state bullshit

>taxing the sugar jew
Probably the only good thing Canada has done in a long time

Our posts are right next to each other, people can see the words written by me without even scrolling? Why strawman under such conditions?

Are you more meme than man?

Fuck off with your slave morality

I live in PA, Philadelphia passed a sugary drink tax last year.

Everyone outside of Philly told them it would be a bad idea and only hurt the poor. We tried to tell them that it would destroy sales. They still passed it.
Woops, it hurt the poor and destroyed sales. They're already working on getting rid of it.
Leftists have this mentality that if they just up the taxes on everything nothing will change besides increased revenue.

>Leftists have this mentality that if they just up the taxes on everything nothing will change besides increased revenue.

They're so dumb. Calling it a mentality is too nice, implies it's fixable and not them operating at their intellectual hard limit

>Sugary Drink Tax could provide Canada with 13.000 low responsibility, no impulse control morons

>low responsibility, no impulse control morons

He already said "the poor"

It's stupid and hurts people, they tax cigarettes and how does that help people? Most poor aren't smart enough to be motivated by fiscal penalties, adverse health effects or have the willpower to overcome addiction. Bullshit social engineering.

>13000
>25 years
wow it's fucking nothing

no one will ever top your 1945 highscore, hans.

I welcome any tax on a product only disgustingly fat and ugly people regularly consume if it wards off increases in general taxation and makes any of them less unpleasant to look at.

dat slave morality

see
>Leftists have this mentality that if they just up the taxes on everything nothing will change besides increased revenue.

They never look past their next move or what the consequences will be.
If you want an even better example, look at what Sweden did to their economy in the 70s and 80s. Sweden was once the most prosperous nation in Europe(after WW2) and they fucking squandered it.
When Sweden put a Tobin tax on the Stockholm Exchange it fucking died. Everyone went to the London Exchange. The politicians predicted massive tax profits from it, and they ended up losing a fuckton of tax dollars.
A Tobin tax is what Bernie proposed to pay for his programs, FYI. It's also known as a 'Robinhood tax'

Leftists can't into economics.

>The canadians I know use junk food to prevent starvation

the canadians you know are retards

they deserve to die if they can't figure out that potatoes are healthier than coca-cola

Why are you so obsessed with soda?

What's the point of saving 13000 lives in 25 years if we're importing 13000000 refugees by then?

>retards
>retard

it's you.

They talk about you in the "/pol posters you recognize" thread.

You are hated almost as much as the leaf who accuses other leafs of being proxies when he is off his meds.

I think it only makes sense because our health care system is subsidized. So if less fat assholes drink sugary garbage and end up getting diabeetus then less strain on an already overtaxed health care system.

I honestly kinda like this. I don't drink anything but water so this just means less fatsos clogging the health care system for me.

You're either a Muslim or a spook. You are hated more than Australia at peak BBC.

I can't believe they want 100 million "Canadians" by 2100. Our country would start to fall apart after 50.

>I think it only makes sense

You need to give it some time and think about it before you leap to it's defense.

Canada is already pretty fucking full, 98% of your country is uninhabitable wasteland like Australia except frozen.
>s-s-socialized healthcare is so great, we get to tell people what they're allowed to do with their body

I'm not defending socialized health care. I'm just saying that if we have it, then it makes sense to ensure people are living healthy lives so to reduce the burden on it.

I did. I don't like it, but you can't have socialized health care and then encourage everyone to eat like burgers.

>a spook.

The sugarjew should be taxed everywhere, I don't see a problem with this

>I'm just saying that if we have it, then it makes sense to ensure people are living healthy lives so to reduce the burden on it.

That's the same slippery slope that lead to ontarios sex ed curriculum being designed by a pedo and which teaches children how to buttfcuk and fist each other.

The slippery slope is not a fallacy in canada. They legalized blowies by dogs recently.

Part of preventative health care to reduce costs from heart disease and obesity. Supposedly they would also use the money to subsidize healthier foods.

I rather they give tax refunds for gym memberships and bicycles. More reason to invest in cycling infrastructure.

k

A 2 liter cola has about 900 calories for about $2 cost. You can literally get your 2000 calorie a day energy need from two of them.