Ask a Puerto Rican anything

Ask a Puerto Rican anything

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/03/08/business/dealbook/puerto-rico-teacher-pensions.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_Latin_America
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I sometimes mistaken you guys with Cubans. So sorry.

Do you want to Puerto Rico to join the US to become the 51st state?

that's the island or is the other Rico ?

Ever been to culebra?

How can we get Puerto Rican rice in continental US without having Puerto Ricans here? I want the food without the stinky mess.

recomiendame un buena cancion de reggeaton para

How's your new governor? Is he going to fix Puerto Rico?

Yes

The island

Nope

dunno man

I ain't a nigger

hes a shit, federal oversight board is doing all the work

Why is half your population in NYC? Your island is beautiful, why live in such a desolate shit hole?

I don't really have much hope for any governor, the island is a mess and it won't get fixed with just a single term

They are choosing the better shit hole

What's the choices Puerto Rico will have to stay afloat?

I know some Puerto Ricans from San German. Ever been there?

I was born in San German.

All black people in the US say Puerto Ricans are black. But the ones I've met seem more like mestizo or mullato, and maybe only a few blacks. What's the demographic breakdown in your observation?

Cut a shit ton of budget, right now they are thinking on cutting from 300 million dollars to 400 from UPR(public university) to pay debt, other options include messing with healthcare.

Are they thinking about surrender their land to either Spain or the Dominican Republic, or not?

No, but i'd like to visit

Theres a bit of everything, whites to blacks to mestizo to mullato and even some asians here and there, mestizo and mullato seem to be the "majority".

Also is it dangerous? My friend from Puerto Rico has been home invaded twice, and I think she lives in a middle class neighborhood. Sounded scary

Also I saw some documentary once on music, and they said in Puerto Rico a lot of people are kind of over-sexed, and it's not rare to see fucking in the clubs. It sounded like total debauchery, but I don't believe that.

Don't forget employee furloughs and even more taxation.

For those unaware, our sales tax is 11.5%.

It is a beautiful town. The people I met there were bros. I was there for a couple weeks visiting a friend who was graduating with a masters. If it weren't for the lack of money And access to guns I would consider moving there. Truly a diamond in the rough. Especially the outlying rural areas

No

Oh. And hail the coqui

I saw one. It landed on my knee. Kek spoke

Become a state so they have equal privileges as the mainland. There's no way Puerto Rico's economy will grow with the regressive economical limitation we put on them.

How is it on the island?

Most Puerto Ricans are 25% black, 50% bean, 25% white, on average.

Crime is pretty high, it is dangerous depending on where you live. About the music, go look up regueton and translate the lyrics, it is total debauchery. Latino music is very sexual.

Forgot about those

Her name is Natalia Rivera. Search her up.

nytimes.com/2017/03/08/business/dealbook/puerto-rico-teacher-pensions.html

Pension plan runs out of money at the end of the year, shit hasn't even begun to get bad

Oh and the judiciary ruled that it's unconstitutional to reduce their own pensions

Why do you suck american penis? Why cant you be based like cuba?

There's some no-go zones, mainly the projects and shitty/poor neighborhoods. Going out at night can be a bit more dangerous, but that's true everywhere. So long as you avoid sketchy areas/individuals and just follow common sense, you'll be fine.

As for degeneracy, its all too common. Far too much focus on status and wealth among the young. Fortunately, the more educated teens/young adults reject it.

How exactly are you guys different from filthy mexicans?

Overall? Kinda shit, with the debt thing going on, lots of uncertainties
For me? I'm doing allright

We are mixed with a different kind of Indian with a good portion of our population having some form of nigger blood.

I don't like starving

When are you leaving?

And finally how do you access the burial records of Puerto Rico and how are burials carried out?

I'm trying to track down the grave of my grandfather and i want to know how he probably was buried all those years ago.

Citizenship, and more diversity in race

Everyone I've met from PR is a major pothead. Are lots of people dumb stoners?

>based like Cuba
Better dead than red.

Do you participate in the savage carnivals? Would you rather marry a latino or a white woman?

Puertoricans are mostly white/spanish with a few afro-latinos. Most of the population is basically light skin - they look like better looking white people with a good tan.

According to the 2010 racial census on wikipedia, 75% of the island is white.

Puerto Ricans suck
FACT

WHY ARE PUERTO RICAN GIRLS SO FUCKING CRAZY?

Hey, PR, nice to catch you here.

Going to San Juan on vacation this summer. Taking a Disney Cruise back home. Few questions from a tourist.

1.) What is THE essential Puerto Rican food?

2.) What is a good place to take a 6 year old?

3.) Any must see attractions or shows or something?

4.) Any spots to avoid?

5.) Mi espanol es muy malo. Should I make an effort to aprendar mucho espanol before I go?

Those are born and rises in the US desu. Not saying we don't have those here

>carnivals
Puerto Rico ain't Brazil nor Trinidad & Tobago.

The heat

When I graduate from college, and get a good job in the US

I don't know how that works, but I would guess churches would have records like that, I think you should probably try to find some kind of online database?

Are you white or mongrel?

you sir are fucking delusional if you think we are "white" also read about the statistics on Loiza and get back to me about us being 75^ white.

TD;DR Loiza niggers described themselves as white during the census.

Was in PR in January. That National Park you guys have is stunning. Anyways, how do Puerto Ricans who live in PR see Puerto Ricans who live in the US?

Brazilian here, can confirm. Heat can make anyone crazy in a second

How is being an American colony?

Because Spanish women are fucking crazy and all Rican women are, are the bastard children of Spaniards, Indians and Africans.

Spain is where the crazy comes from and that crazy passed down to their decendants.

And people wonder why we Rican spics have a thing for beating our wives and girlfriends.

Ahhhh so desu ne

Eh, thats what the island says. You are nobody to contradict that without evidence

Why do you and Mexicans hate each other so much?

From appearances, I would say yes.

The carnivals are not the ones the same one as the ones in brazil, and no I haven't gone to one, and I would marry a white woman.

The crazier the better

I've met some rians who are white. Why do mestizos in Latin america pretend that whites don't exist south of the border? Is it self hatred?

We have no special "view" on them. I mean, some may find it annoying to meet a mainlander that barely speaks spanish but pretends to be "super latin", but overall its not the subject of much thought seeing as how we can freely travel to any part of the States.

1. Mofongo
2. El Morro, Old San Juan, Arecibo Radiotelescope (biggest in the world until Cina finishes theirs), El Yunque Rainforest
3. Depends on whatever's happening when you get here.
4. La Perla. Any govt. subsidized housing, any shitty-looking neighborhood.
5. You should be fine if you're sticking to tourist-friendly areas, which is like half the island.

>MUH LATINOAMERICA UNIDA
>MUH LA RAZA
They pull this shit on us all the time.
>"What do you mean Argentina can't handle 500.000 Bolivian immigrants? What about Latinoamerica Unida?"

they like "PERREO INTENSO"

1)go to casa blanca @ calle loiza thats as authentic as it will get.

2)Parque Luiz Munos Marin would be perfect

3)You may wanna go to el yunke but its overrated go to culebra if you want to see a real beach

4) the island it self LOL keep away from San Juan there will be protests soon since there is an economical collapse. but all and all you'll be safe man. Stay sharp! The guides will let you know. Talk with locals.

5) 70% of the poeple will understand your basic english if you go slow on them. r

There's this weird liberal thing in Puerto Rico were it's seen as "cooler" and more "progressive" to identify with their indian/afrianc roots instead of the Spanish even though they look more like Spaniards.

It's part of the same liberal brainwashing that took over whites in the main land.

One reason could be boxing - the best boxers that are not black are either Mexican or Puertorican and that's always a big deal. Another is the same reason other latinos dont like mexicans - because they are used as a blanket term for all of us.

>The crazier the better
That is till law 54 has you thrown in prison for abuse on her word alone.

why your stupid asses wearing flip flops in the snow?

>MUH LA RAZA

Yeah. I hate beans who are like this. They take credit for the achievement of white latin americans, while at the same time hating them and claiming they don't exist.

Everytime someone makes a "not all hispanics are nonwhite" thread all the chicanos come out disagreeing pretending to be white.

I'd say it's higher conscience of how mixed we are. There ain't such thing as "pure-bred" anything here.

How much do you hate cruise ships

1. Arros, habichuela y chuleta de jamon. Mofongo con carne frita. Pastelon.

2. Depends, if your family is fit take them to El Yunke o Las Cuevas de Camuy. Take lots of water bottles and food with you. Also a swimsuits under your cloths and some towels.

3. See #2

4. Avoid Loiza.

Most people will understand you but they may be as bad talking English as you're Spanish.

bout tree fiddy

1.Rice and beans, mofongo
2. I don't know this, a park probably, or the beach.
3.The Capitol is a pretty nice place, cool art and they tell you the history of puerto rico
4. Avoid caserios
5.People know a bit of english, and authorities and people who deal with tourists should know english. Improving the spanish would make you look better in front of a native though.

We don't grow rice

Being a territory kind of sucks, since we have to abide by certain restrictions that states don't have to deal with. But being a US citizen is pretty damn great regardless.

Being an Argentine is hard, depending on the context, we are either "European invaders" or "True latino brothers".

I'm from Michigan and I literally have nothing to ask you, nor am I curious about anything about Puerto Rico.

From my experience, its met with indifference, although it depends on the persons political opinion

>4. Avoid Loiza.
this at all costs

PiƱones is fine during the day, but go to a high-end place the lower places use pallets as fuel and this has a carcinogen.

I love got for boricuas, some of your women are th most beautiful in the world.

>Whats the deal with your economy right now and when do you think it will recover?

Puerto Rican why you guys so loud all the time

> how is being an american colony

Kinda shit desu, statehood is better

Wasn't there a movement a few years ago to unite with Spain?

I haven't seen mexican hating, we prefer hating on Dominicans.

How close are you guys to statehood?

Why are your women less attractive than Colombians?

Well its a "2" party system that pretty much have the same bank accounts and connections, long story short too much corruption that hasnt been audited and way too many "cacos"(local niggers). We are now under a federal syndicate who decide over us and will cut expenses to the max in order to repay the debt these fuckers caused ...also the 80% of us are passive as fuck and don't really protest as other countries since we got TV, air conditioner and shiieeet. But that will change ... well who knows we are yet to see but its been predicted...

>MUH WE ARE ALL MIXED RACE DON'T MATTER GRINGO

we all knows that not true. The greatest men from every latin american country were white, your founders were white. Even the least generous studies say that pure whites exist.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_Latin_America

I know your game mapuche.

Why not?

>we prefer hating on Dominicans
Every Latin Americans are hating Dominicans, even Haitians want to slaughter them all. Dominicans are more hated than the CIA.

Niggericans that move to orlando jew york and texas are moslty the ones who are like that tbqh senpai

I don't live near the coast, so I have no problem with them

Don't pile Newyoricans with Puertorricans. Not the same people.

this. I live in south florida dominicans are hatians are generally not very pleasant to be around

>50% Basque
>50% Breton
>100% based

Meh you havent seen all of them although I admit colombianas have a hell of a sexy accent.

a decade or more

Lots of debt, too much borrowing, and I don't think we will ever recover.