American Church

I'm writing a book set in the 50's, what's the most American denomination? Catholic wasn't the dominant Christian denomination in America at first, so what would be most American.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SwqPHZT2i14
youtube.com/watch?v=tXrAAeQ0zgM
youtube.com/watch?v=VngM80qCOJw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Episcopalian. Back then they weren't cucked. Also Presbyterian is alright.

>Presbyterian

My two favorite presidents, Jackson and Trump, are Presbyterian. Also a whole bunch for prezes were. What do they feed their kids to make such legends?

Depends where. South/Wasp Mid-Atlantic, Episcopalian. New Englad probably a Catholic. Midwest mostly Lutheran or some kind of Calvinist I dunno

New England/North East. Not 100% sure where, or if I'll even give a set location, but I'm from the North East, so I wouldn't feel safe writing anywhere else.

Baptist is the most numerous now and then. Any evangelical with believer baptism and sola fide/scripura/Gracia will do.

Mormonism is the most American sect.

Bamp

underrated

Read the first few chapters of 'In Cold Blood'; it gives a rough sense of denominational identity in the '50s Bible Belt.

You should check by region and depending on where it's set make the church the common church of that region.

Definitely avoid Catholics unless you're in parts of Texas. Catholicism just isn't American.

Southern Baptist.

I have yet to be meet a liberal southern Baptist.

>Episcopalian
Still the most wealthy and powerful denomination (even more wealthy than the Jews actually) in the entire world.

I'm proud to be one, but our numbers are dwindling. The average age at our churches has to be 40+.

pretty much this but it depends on setting.

You'd also have to understand that in the 50s, that neighborhoods in urban and rural areas were still primarily a cohesive people all sharing the same european heritage and denomination. The suburbs are what fractured that

>Catholicism just isn't American

That's a little extreme there

south - baptist, episcopalian
midwest - episcopalian, lutheran
north - calvinist, lutheran, catholic

tweak to your needs

If yuou're not catholic you aint' american

just generalize as protestant

Isn't Trump as Presbyterian?

Excuse me, mother fucker?

Literally what I said. You are a nigger? Because you have the reading comprehension of one.

>now our kids listen to POOP DOGG

>lets lynch poop dogg

youtube.com/watch?v=SwqPHZT2i14

sure sure

Shut the fuck up you piece of shit.

Lutheran
Methodist
UCC

I'm from the 99% white, 75% German part of PA user, trust me

You're just butt mad you'll never be a 10th the bad ass as Ol' Hickory!

Wait... That hand gesture... has that kid seen the memes? IS GEN ZYKLON REAL!!! HAHAHAHA

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=tXrAAeQ0zgM

If you actually knew about Jacksons policies you wouldn't praise him. He closed down the national bank causing the worst depression in history

Another Vote for Mormonism

50's would have been before they would have let blank people have the priesthood or allowed in their Temples.

Mormon's believe in eternal marriage, no "death till you part".
anybody else's marriage they consider shit tier because it does not carry on after you die.

Can only do that in the temple.

>closing national bank
>implying I don't want to END THE FED

You know nothing do you, snow commie?

FED is the most American institution ever created besides maybe the Supreme Court. I can explain why if you are really interested.

I want to see the temple
I'm going there someday

youtube.com/watch?v=VngM80qCOJw

>most American institution ever

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH.

The eternal fucking leaf.

Day of rake when?

This
I would argue Lutheran or Methodist
They were the precursors to evangelicals imho

It was created by the greatest President but you don't know history so why bother?