What are your thoughts on burning the American Flag?

is it freedom of speech? is it unacceptable? Would love to hear your thoughts

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wKCeESg9Ev8
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/fc/28/cf/fc28cf1de8a6e611ddf662d91db91099.jpg
stuff.co.nz/national/education/90481818/wellington-college-students-suspended-over-facebook-rape-comments
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Would love to hear your thoughts

What is this? Wine night for soccer moms?

This is not Freedom of speech. there is no words in this. therefore it should be banned,

its a cloth who gives a flying fuck. the vets need to stop acting like snowflakes and get over it.

telivised hanging

Yes it is free speech.

Just don't expect any respect from me.

I think it's okay, but just like the lefties say -- free speech has consequences!

almost all people who burn the flag are scrawny little faggots and they ought to be physically confronted

Make American flags that give off toxic fumes when burned and hand them out to protesters

I support liberal flag burning. Not for the symbolism, because they paid for those flags and I want my political enemies to have less money.

an amazing idea
you're a fucking genius user

Freedom of speech, but when you need nationalism then it should be illegal.

Why fight for citizens who burn your flag?

Read Sun Tzu's Art of War. Things are not looking good for the west.

Pretty much this
It is freedom of speech
As for "unacceptable," thats the whole reason why its so popular for political statements
Though it's starting to lose it's edge desu

we need a private registry and blacklist the people who do it.

youtube.com/watch?v=wKCeESg9Ev8

>when you make them release psychedelically gasses and the protesters start clawing each others' faces off

I CAN BURN A FLAG GUYZ OMG I'M SO POLITICAL

The whole point is to be provocative about it
and I mean it did get peoples attention pretty well...
But yeah, without the shock value it is kinda yeah

When you look deep into it, when a flag really means for the people and the Nation is not corrupt, and real, it is equivalent to saying you wouldn't care if the people and their tribe in that nation die. Whether it be a diverse tribe or not, but also I know, it is a huge insult to burn the flag of a homeland. But, here is my thought on it.

It all depends on the situation, how the wise feel and how the crowd feels (any who know.) Some know not what they do, and Satan puts the bad thoughts in their mind to tempt them to burn one out of emotional manipulation. Others however you'll be able to tell the tree by its fruit. Community service in some cases. Mostly at the moment for politically confused or mentally ill or people who have many life problems who need help (who we can see in them need help) sound familiar? Some have burned things they call their life, and life accepted their repentance. Remember it is material after all, thus judge by the spirit. Remember Jesus.

>Texas v. Johnson
I wouldn't do it or respect those that do.

What's that, you wrote a computer program, made a little website, you uploaded some videos to Youtube? Well, let me take this opportunity to congratulate you, the monkey learned a trick. Look at you, uploading comments. You're already spewing your vile filth all over the computer, huh? Congratulations! You must have an IQ in the double digits!

Here's a little piece of advice. The next time you're gonna unload your jealousies and inadequacies online, here's a little piece of advice. Here's a little piece of advice, slick. Next time you're gonna go on the computer (mommy and daddy bought you a new computer!), you're going to unload your jealousy and inadequacies on somebody else, on a stranger? Just make sure you don't pick Sam Geno, the son of the Papa Geno Pizza empire. I've bought people like you. I've destroyed people like you. It's nothing for me to call up my father, and have every pizza jockey in the nation have a photo of you, right above their oven. Thinking about you, my personal army of pizza makers.

They'll put sauce on you. They'll lay you out. Swing you around in the air just like in the old movies.

Then they'll destroy you. Piece by piece. Piece by delicious piece. Cheesy piece by cheesy crusty piece. They'll destroy you.

That's option one. Option two is you can apologize to me. Just say you're sorry. Takes a big man to apologize, don't it? Humble yourself before a god, a pizza god?

Anyway. That's about it. Go fuck yourself.

It is not just merely a flag.

It's a symbol for justice. Justice is the most equalizing force in this world and is the only entity that can make the rich respect the poor and keeps strong from abusing weak.

Even if there is a lot of controversy surrounding the flag, we must always stand by it and support our values. If it is so bad living in the United States, a first world country, you can easily part ways.

Same
Freedom does not end where your feelings start

Burn whatever you want. Dont do it where it cant light my shit on fire or poison me with fumes. However, make sure you do it where I can see it so I know to stay the hell away from the disrespectful little shit you are.

Its rude and demeaning to those who died for it.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/fc/28/cf/fc28cf1de8a6e611ddf662d91db91099.jpg

I have no respect for people who burn their county's flag.

Especially fucking Abo cunts who hadn't even invented the cloth required to make a flag before European settlement.
And FORGOT how to fucking make fire.

I don't think it should be illegal, but I think it should be considered provocation in court, in the same manner a person screaming obscenities at somebody who ends up punching them would.

I agree with your right to burn it, but I also agree with the right to knock your teeth in for it.

Glad to share Sup Forums with my fellow Americans.

It should be considered treason

I would otherwise agree with the whole provocation argument, however, this could be misconstrued to just allow "you provoked me" to mean anything.

>The flag means a lot to me, and they might not have even known this, but this gives me reason enough to hit them

>You stuck your tongue out at me. I really hate that so now I can hit you.

What is the actual statute for Provocation, like does it have to be deliberately in your face with a deliberate "timeline" or whatever like hate speech? Whats an example of provocation as it stands now?

>Freedom of speech.
But then if I even make jokes about women getting raped on facebook, I get community service.

>link related
stuff.co.nz/national/education/90481818/wellington-college-students-suspended-over-facebook-rape-comments

Freedom of speech is bullshit. It's basically an excuse to allow the left to say whatever the hell they want, while restricting the right from saying anything.

>pic semi-related

This is my exact sentiment.

I think it is disgusting and should be considered treason. I won't even burn an American flag in Canada. Gramps faught for the yanks in WW2 also his pops in WW1 so fuck off with this treasonist shit.

>leaf doesn't understand symbolic speech
Flag burning is hate speech. Hate speech is free speech. It should be allowed but it's painfully hypocritical

Flag burning is only acceptable if you wrap it around a commie before setting it alight.

It's a disgusting and disrespectful act but it should be allowed.

>no words

Irrelevant. Symbolic speech is still speech.

t. crusader kings 2 player

Kek

>restricting the right from saying anything.
That's not free speech then

Doesn't them libshit flag burners rely on gibsmedat?

Same!
Say it with me drumphkins, MADAME PRESIDENT.

hold up a sec. that girl on the left is an abo?

by abo standards, she is pretty cute. most abos ive seen look like ogres

No shit. That's why I said
>freedom of speech is bullshit.
They just define anything they don't like as "hate speech," and then claim
>free speech doesn't include hate speech

There is no point in pretending free speech exists.

Should be a 1:1 transaction. You are free to burn the flag, but someone is entitled to punch you in the mouth in exchange.

I think it should be allowed for the sole purpose of protecting other things from being banned. People only do it for a reaction, like trolls, so if you want it to stop the most productive way would be to act like you don't care and treat it as a piece of cloth. Protests are designed to get attention so if they don't get that attention then they'll find a different way to.

disgraceful. Only reason it isn't illegal is because USA doesn't have a homogeneous demographic that would overwhelmingly vote to make it illegal. Faggots, media kikes, and beaners are the reason it isn't punishable by death

this is true freedom

> burn flag
> contribute to global warming by burning likely synthetic materials (plastic)
> have no more flags to burn
> buy another made-in-china POS
> funding chinese economy
actual traitors.

just buy one made-in-america american flag, and then run it upside down. ta-da, the message works and you get to reuse it at as many protests as your bleeding heart pleases

I myself find it distasteful, but wiping your ass with the Constitution is even more offensive.

The flag is a symbol of the USA. In revering it, we're remembering the men who gave their lives to ensure that it always waives above our country. However, it's the values that America was built on that are the heart and soul of our land, and these are universal values that America has upheld and cherished like no other nation on Earth. One of them happens to be free speech, and displays like flag burning fall within the definition of free speech. It has to be defended.

We have to remember democracy and remember freedom. Live it. Love it. This is the flag we raise inside of our hearts, the flag that no one can burn or disgrace, that the world has witnessed for over 200 years now and will always be there, in every American, for all the world to see.

I find it intensely ironic. The symbol of the very freedom permitting those commies that action being burnt in rejection of everything it stands for. But if they want to be idiots, they're welcome to be. I wouldn't make it illegal. That type of person inevitably ruins their own life eventually, anyway. They need no help from the state to do so.

Isn't under freedom of expression?
I would have no problem with it. So long as they respect my freedom of expression. Which they don't so I do.

Burning a nation's flag is a declaration of war.

Burning the flag should not be allowed.

Yes!

Tfw you try to ass around just for some people to take you seriously.

It's disrespectful and stupid to burn a country's flag but as a quasi-libertarian, I don't think you should be jailed for doing so.

It has to be alowed, that's part of free speech and freedom of association, but the smart country should revoke your citizenship.

Ask yourself if American colonists would do the same to the British flag

allowed*

public execution for treason

If it is someone's right to burn the flag it is equally my right to break their jaw for doing so.

Are there other things that are not allowed to be burnd?

These people are traitors and deserve to have their blood drained to water the tree of liberty. It is disgraceful to see these faggots do this to there own country's symbol and be endorsed by the elite when they do this.

It's sad that in America, you're freer to burn the flag than you are to fly it. Somethings gotta give.

Yes, the commie leftists think that violence is an acceptable way to shut down other people's free speech, maybe they should get a taste of their own teeth and blood.

Shouldn't be allowed

Not sure what an appropriate punishment would be but it's just chicken-shit dramatics that doesn't accomplish a fucking thing except to weaken the nation

Speaking strictly of national flags here, burning the flag of other countries/groups/organizations is perfectly ok

Honestly, while it pisses me off and I see it as one of the most disrespectful things you can do for the people who have fought and died for our country, they have the right to it and I'll defend that right if I have to. Just doesn't mean I don't have to hate them for doing it.

The Supreme Court has held you have a First Amendment right to burn the flag, but states can still prosecute you for breaking laws that aren't targeted at the speech itself, such as lighting a fire in public without a permit.

idk man. that's a little harsh.
i wouldn't go as far as making it public.

>Congress shall make no law... abridging the freedom of speech.

Yes.
No, but it's kinda shitty.

It's like waving a confederate flag. Not illegal, pretty shitty.

wow

underrated.

it only recently became freedom of speech during the cuck times. So no.

It's freedom of speech but that doesn't mean I wont exercise my freedom to bash your commie face in if you do so.

>one of the most disrespectful things you can do for the people who have fought and died for our country
There are tons of things more disrespectful to veterans than burning a flag.
Like pissing on their graves.
Or telling them they died for Israel.
Or pointing out that knocking over third world countries is not a war.

Burning a flag is pretty trivial as most of the time the people doing it are expressing discontent with our government leaders, not our soldiers.

I feel like you can get your idea across without burning the flag. Certainly your cause is more specific than "fuck America." Ito me, I associate it with blacks and Muslims and Berkeley campus dweebs

Destroying money is illegal is it not?

but our soldiers have fought for this country and for your right to be able to do such a thing like that. Find something else to show discontent to the government, like calling local government officials to let your state representatives your concerns.

>assing around about free speech

Day of the Rake can't come soon enough.

>but our soldiers have fought for this country
Oh stop it with this virtue signalling bullshit. Most soldiers hated the fact that they were in the war or resented being sent to jungles to fuck with other sovereign destinies.
The last war where soldiers actually believed in the cause was WW2. And even then there where soldiers who though the US should stay the fuck out of it and let Europe deal with its own problems like the founding fathers wanted.

You are looking at this through rose tinted glasses.