What should be done about overfishing, Sup Forums? It's not the trendiest issue anymore...

What should be done about overfishing, Sup Forums? It's not the trendiest issue anymore, but it's getting worse - there were about 94 million tons of fish caught in the wild last year, with over 30% of fished species under significant strain.

And while Chinese consumption is causing a lot of this, fishing hauls in the Mediterranean and Black seas are also under a lot of stress.

Will rising fish consumption in China and Southeast Asia eat the oceans alive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7wVagQ_LVd4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The ocean wasn't meant to feed humans. It's an ecosystem for water-bound creatures and the scavengers who feed on the washed up of those.

Perhaps a small human prescence eating fish often was sustainable, but 6 billion chinks will eat fucking everything in the ocean and then all the grass

Fuck the dolphins, though, i hope the chinks catch and rape them all to death

White people have reached a population equilibrium and stopped increasing their numbers to not deplete the planet's resources. The other races are yet to take a hint.

You should rephrase your question to how do we make them take the hint.

Strategically plan for the removal of the majority of the worlds populations (non-whites).

The subhumans will destroy the planet and there is nothing we can do, unless we glass them all.

seals eat more fish than humans, and they're plentiful
you want to get serious about protecting the fish?
exterminate like 80% of all seals

Grow fish in a tank, in the middle of the desert.

Wait for ocean to become too toxic for free-range fish.

Sell farmed fish for fucktons to rich asains.

did a dolphin rape you?

that already happens
literally most of the turbot that gets sold to asia now is farmed

The government and the EU is the worst thing to happen to the Scottish fishing industries.

Farmed fish production has gone WAY up in recent decades. It's now about 40% of all fish production. And a lot of it takes place in filthy stagnant ponds in China/Vietnam full of shit and antibiotics.

It's a mess; it has caused the quality of the world's fish supply to decline quite a bit, especially due to mislabeling/false-labeling where farmed fish are sold as wild fish, or sold as entirely different species (dyed farmed Tilapia as "wild-caught salmon," for example).

Has to be regulated, of course.

Some pacific crabs have spread almost all across the world, and a few weeks ago, they came from the Netherlands to the shores of Norway. They're an unstoppable invasive species, can harm ecosystems, and destroy beaches by covering them completely. It's a shame, really

Using cloning technology to make a shitload of fish.

the correct answer is
>kill all japs

That's why i specificly said in tanks, in the desert.

There's no opportunities for disease. You can grow the fish isolated in hermetically sealed rooms, and rich Asian business men can watch from Skype.

Make bank.

>pacific crabs are plentiful ugly monsters who eat everything and won't stop breeding
>mainland asians are are plentiful ugly monsters who eat everything and won't stop breeding

I think I figured out a solution

Autism aside,

Problem is kind of a double edged sword, the reason that nobody wants china to eat and breed any more livestock is that we don't want any more antibiotic resistant superbugs.

Filling animals with antibiotics is common when breeding livestock. In particular, cattle and piggers.

It's bad as it is, and we don't hear much about the issue, needs to be addressed more.

Eat the crabs then, or sell them to asains.

You don't get to whine in a thread about humans eating the oceans empty of seafood AND complain there's seafood that's a unstoppable problem.

Source: I work(ed) on/off for the WHO.

>Implying 75% of shit skins are capable of thinking about anything beyond their dick and booze.

The government subsidies fisheries and has banned aqua culture yet they blame guess who, private business for this.

As someone who comes from a place where fishing is part of our economy, I'll tell you two things:
>It's the fucking Nips
>It's the fucking Russians
Faggots are always coming into U.S. waters and taking fish. Fucking constantly.

No, the pacific shore crab is literally unstoppable. Spends 90% of its active time feeding, eats anything it can chew, and is very tolerant to climate change. It saddens me to see how much doversity will be lost
It breeds too fast to be controlled, and will only return later. It's a useless fight. These are two separate problems.

Tennant or Capaldi?

Wonderful idea!

>implying that black death 2.0 that'd wipe out most of the world's population wouldn't be a good thing

Can you eat them or not?

They're perfectly edible; they're just a bit small, and so eating them requires more work/processing per volume of crabmeat that you get.

want to do this for me?

what kind of fish has intestine that big?

>mad cow disease and SARS was stopped too soon

DAMN YOU PENICILLIN, FUCKING SUPER DRUG.

so we have
>not enough fish due to chinks eating them all
>major predators destroyed, wiped out by food chain reshuffles
>this results in crabs going crazy and taking over the ocean

Is this right or am I missing a couple steps

Ocean sunfish (Mola mola).

Oh boohoo, go physically do something or stfu

Well, in Italy we are doing something...since the rescue operation of africa has started over 10,000 africans have died in 3 years.
We give to the sea over 3,300 x 70kg of mass every year.
welcome

Fish is fucking disgusting. I don't know how anyone can eat that shit

Average consumption in the developed world is almost 27kg/person/year.

There are lots of ways to make fish, and lots of different KINDS of fish...

>The ocean wasn't meant to feed humans.

you went full retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=7wVagQ_LVd4