Mass incarceration of African Americans affects the racial achievement gap

"* By the age of 14, approximately 25 percent of African American children have experienced a parent — in most cases a father — being imprisoned for some period of time. On any given school day, approximately 10 percent of African American schoolchildren have a parent who is in jail or prison, more than four times the share in 1980.

* The comparable share for white children is 4 percent; an African American child is six times as likely as a white child to have or have had an incarcerated parent.

* A growing share of African Americans have been arrested for drug crimes, yet African Americans are no more likely than whites to sell or use drugs. Of imprisoned fathers of African American children, only one-third are in prison because of a violent crime."
washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2017/03/15/mass-incarceration-of-african-americans-affects-the-racial-achievement-gap-report/?utm_term=.d4574cffa1f3

I find it sickening how people on this site will never address the problem of mass incarceration. It's the biggest issues facing our nation and the majority of POL does not want talk about how white supremacy is contributing to the problem. Face it Mass is becasue of racist policies enforce by police in low income communities to exploit the poor.

Wonder how many people are just going to say "who cares they are just N*ggers LULZ I luv nazi frogz LULZ" instead of giving me a real answer

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5ogdgddvqG4
youtu.be/04pcSyzwoTg
youtube.com/watch?v=lbOtyWTRZ_g
youtube.com/watch?v=R7DhFhzkjcA
vocativ.com/291203/white-people-do-more-drugs-black-people-serve-more-time/
youtu.be/I6j-jbZokUQ
youtu.be/7IEisjJ08Yw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Maybe if they committed less crime they wouldn't be incarcerated so much.

FpBp

>people should be able to commit crime and not go to jail Q_Q :'(

why don't they stop doing crime?

easy for you to say that. when your community isn't under attack then again you did vote for trump

youtu.be/5ogdgddvqG4

trump is okay with attacking blacks and just makes low class jokes about it.

u are pathetic

This reverse or double shilling has to stop. If you actually believe this dreck then kek shadilay to you

FPBP

Did they commit the Crimes?

There is no white supremacy, blacks to go jail more because they commit more crimes.

>easy for you to say when your community isn't under attack
Tends to happen when your community is one big shelter for violent crime

Take a look at differences in crime rates, and then get back to me.

I do agree that we shouldn't incarcerate people for certain drug offenses, but I don't know how much that would change things.

But burglary, robbery, and the like? Lock 'em up.

You wouldn't to to jail if you didn't commit crimes

you do know there is a school to prison pipeline. black kids are 3 times for likely to get suspended. They arn't just bad apples, black students are punished more often than whites and asians.

youtu.be/04pcSyzwoTg

you people are so dumb. its like shootin fish in a barrel

They're achieving at crime and being incarcerated, though.

>black kids are 3 times for likely to get suspended. They arn't just bad apples
lol

They're punished more because they misbehave more.

We should expand black incarceration.

>u are pathetic
Black IQs and crime are pathetic, nigger

End Mass Black Crime

>be black
>do shit at school
>gets punished
>omg guise jus cuz im black stop atackin me :(

Niggers, stop being criminals and blame Whitey....

we may be pathetic but we don't keep committing crimes then cry racism when we end up in jail

The solution is very simple.
youtube.com/watch?v=lbOtyWTRZ_g

STOP BREAKING THE LAW, ASSHOLE!!!!!!

Democrats ran the ghettos for over 50 years, blame them instead of Patriots

reminder in 1999 Trump received a price from the NAACP

Of the 5 black kids from my senior class only one of them wasn't a total delinquent. The others were regularly causing trouble, routinely getting suspended/detentions (one expelled), and in general just being hoodlums. 2 of the 5 didn't make it to senior year, and one of the others didn't graduate with us.

They're either more prone to crime or most blacks in America just have serious daddy issues. Non-deliquent black guy is a church pastor with a family now. That was his pipeline.

Mass incarceration is a problem.

It is unproveable that "white supremacy," is the culprit.

I'd say a bigger issue is the fact that 60-70% of inmates suffer from a mental illness and drug users are typically suffering from two or more diagnoses.

After deinstitutionaization, we stuck the mentally ill in jails.

Mass incarceration is a problem for all races and cultures. The USA has a serious issue with this.

maybe if they didn't misbehave in class they wouldn't get suspended

why do you faggots make every excuse in the world for blacks?

Because the black culture you leftist faggots shelter so much idolizes violence and hedonism. Guess what's really bad for a family?

NO! they are being targeted more..
here's an example for all you racists

Cops goes to black neighborhood

Cops sees random black guy smoking out side a gas station.

Police claims black man is "loitering"
Police searches the black man
finds drugs on black man

black man now has a criminal record
black man can't find a job
black man can't get welfare
black man starts stealing or committing other crimes
black man ends up in prison
black man no longer can take care of his kids

you never see cops going to white neighborhoods and harassing random white guys smoking outside

complete nonsense

Perhaps if they behaved like model citizens and did not engage in activities that would lead to incarceration, then they would have a stronger case to avoid capital punishment.

>"finds drugs on black man"

All I needed to know

So what you're saying is the cop's search wasn't in vain.

This video.
youtube.com/watch?v=R7DhFhzkjcA

amen

why do liberals pretend that every nigger in prison is locked up for low level drug possession? The vast majority of them are locked up on multiple charges

>you never see cops going to white neighborhoods and harassing random white guys smoking outside
Sure you do. But the difference is, there's a much higher chance that it turns out that they're just having a smoke and haven't done anything illegal.

What kind of a retard smokes at a gasoline station?

what? white people do more drugs than blacks. but serve more time

"White people do more drugs; people of color do more time in jail for drugs—and that’s just one of the nasty discrepancies highlighted by a recent National Survey on Drug Use and Health. While people of color are far more commonly prosecuted and incarcerated for drug-related offenses in the U.S., the data reveals that white folk are more likely to have experimented with narcotics."
vocativ.com/291203/white-people-do-more-drugs-black-people-serve-more-time/

blacks are targeted more. ask any black teenager, they are harassed way more then the white kids. even though the white kids are doing more drugs than the blacks. but you know those black kids are "hood rats" so they must be arrested and targeted more.

its like you people live in a fantasy world

because blacks dindu nuffin

Do they teach bike theft and shoplifting in those schools?

Your right we shouldn't arrest them when we could just hang them

no we live in the reality where blacks do more crime than any other race and rightfully get thrown into prison more

>POPO BE WHITE AND RACIS YO

never got his, the police are disproportionately black

in black areas they are like 50%+

how can the police be racist against blacks if they are also black

Right? It is like these idiots can't themselves

First Post, Best Post.

But they patrol white neighborhoods all the time, and go after what appears to be suspicious activity.

muh institutional racism

the concept of police is racist to liberals

72% Single motherhood rate

Stop committing so much fucking crime then!

I wish the police were like 1919 NKVD, where when you commit a crime, no matter how small, they just take you out back and blow your brains out.
Crime rates would drop faster than the 1929 economy.

If I learned anything from Mythbusters it's that a lit cigarette isn't hot enough to blow up a gas station. Liquid gas on the ground will almost always douse the cigarette out instead of be ignited. The gasoline vapor is more prone to being ignited from a cigarette, but still highly unlikely.

Doesn't mean I recommend it.

But they patrol white neighborhoods all the time, and go after what appears to be suspicious activity. I remember the cops in my town busting a bunch of white kids in high school for running a pot ring.

There are some racist cops, don't get me wrong, but it's only because there's noticeably more blacks committing crime.

>Finds drugs on black man

But... that's a crime

This is retarded. For starters... white boys don't post up infront of corner stores. Mostly because they're not criminals.

Second, its all about context.

Suspicious nog loitering infront of a gas station. Probably selling drugs. Seems reasonable. I occasionally stop at this ghetto ass corner store on the way home for cigarettes. I've had two nogs try to sell me weed there.

I have a cousin and him and all his little goth freak friends. You know... the fags that wear all black and have superfluous piercings and tats all over.. bitch about police discrimination... waaa every time I get pulled over the cops search me waa. Meanwhile i'm about to lose my shit.

"EVERY ONE OF YOU HERE USES DRUGS, YOU WERE JUST ALL TALKING ABOUT USING DRUGS 5 MINUTES AGO"

If the shoe fits wear it. Its no grand conspiracy. Look at the victimization studies, then look at the arrest rates especially for things like violent crime. The pavement apes are getting arrested at about the same rate that people are reporting they committed a crime.

Our drug laws do not help things.

But single parenthood is the root of all of these problems.

>I believe that statistics are followed to the letter in real time!
>I believe that, because someone told me that black people are such and such a percentage to get suspended, that this percentage is the reason these kids are suspended, as if to fill some magical racist quota!

Fucking think for yourself you cunt

What about the lighter?

In all seriousness OP. I know many young black males, some have dads and some don't, some are rich while others are poor. All it comes down to is are these young mem being taught correct manners at home and the answer is only 40 percent are.

watch this video and tell me the police WASN"T HARASSING THE BLACK GUY

youtu.be/I6j-jbZokUQ

black man is literally sitting out side waiting for his ride and smoking. the cop walks up to him and harasses him. BECAUSE HE"S BLACK. the cop knew the black man was an easy target and since he had dreadlock. he assumed the black guy had crack on him.

are you ignoring the reality of the world?

3ND MASS BLACK IMMIGRATION

muh anecdotes

Well when you commit crimes while carrying illegal narcotics you tend to be prosecuted more. Not to mention like a hood rat is going to tell the truth, even to a survey.

This is how you think reality works?

Look at the stats for differences in murder, robbery, and rape? Is all that just. "Durr cops only go to da hood so dey only 'rests us Niggas of color"
Do you really thinking this is all some subconscious conspiracy by cops?

>By the age of 14, approximately 25 percent of African American children have experienced a parent — in most cases a father — being imprisoned

The other 75% have never experienced having a father.

You're the one ignoring reality. Imagine you are five years old and you get bit so hard by the first dog you ever see that you need stitches and surgery. Are you going to say "not all dogs" or are you going to be afraid of dogs?

You're going to be afraid of dogs because some dogs fucking bite people

For some reason Sup Forums thinks only they are racist and all police officers are perfect angels dedicated to doing their jobs who could never possible dislike black people and will always do what's right.

Please, the concept of "police" in America is born from catching runaway slaves. Police in this country is an extremely racist institution. There are probably man who join just so they can feel good about themselves and have some power over the blacks that bullied them in high school. Fuck the police. The system needs to change. Black lives matter.

See

Lee Malvo was a good boy. He dindu nuffin til another dindu forced him to du somfin.

>begging for genocide this hard

Are leftists so unaware of how shit works that they don't understand that you want actual institutionalised racism to create an equality of outcome? If there's a demonstrable equality of opportunity, (in your case the same misbehaviour is handled the same regardless of race) but blacks just misbehave at least three times more often than whites then it makes complete sense they're three times more likely to be punished.

Wanting black juveniles to face consequences at the same rate as whites for misbehaviour means you need to apply the rules unequally, and for what? To achieve an identical rate across races because your dogma forces you to deny there's any actual differences? You'd be creating institutionalised racism because the absence of it displays that we're not all equal. The differences would still exist, you'd just be able to sleep better knowing that they're "equal" at face value despite having different standards applied to achieve that.

Op gets wish and cops disappear,
Nignog rapes him within 30 seconds.
Pol was right again.

>niggers cant stop committing crime
>this is society's fault

Different standards are already applied to black people. That's what we've been saying this entire time idiot. It's already been an uneven playing field for black people.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

>Easy for you to say that, when your community isn't under attack

I live in the ghetto, the only attack the community gets is from their own race. There's literally gibs on every corner (churches with free food) and welfare offices with a line all the way outside.

There's also empty employment centers and cheap trade school opposite the welfare office, but there's usually no wait there.

it isn't though

it's totally equal

It's not about who is doing drugs it is about who is supplying and distributing them which is overwhelmingly black/Hispanic communities. There is a whole subculture in the black community that idealizes being a gangster dope Pedaler, unironically this is a respected status in black communities. They glorify shitty trap music like spoken word, instead of just music, they actually feel the need to act out or live by shitty lyrics. They have gangs to help sell dope, who cause havoc on their communities. This isn't a white problem, at least not en masse. Sure there are outliers. Whites are users sure, but not gangbangers

Into the oven with you

>Increase crime

It's not and you know it.

>the concept of police in America is born from catching runaway slaves
>blm
This is just bait.

Upon every black person's birth they should be given 1 Get Out of Jail Free card and a 'crime punch card' with 3 freebies on it. After they've committed 3 crimes and their punch card is filled only then can they be convicted - at which point their GOOJFC is eligible for use.

Only then will we have true justice and equality in the penal system.

Things would be so much worse for the black community if there wasn't draconian level incarceration for them. They would literally descend into feral behavior, just fucking and breeding and murdering eachother nonstop in their urban jungles.

>its like you people live in a fantasy world
a fantasy would would be one free of blacks and the crime they bring.

Please, do your part to help bring the fantasy to reality.

the only evidence you have of different treatment is that they are arrested more, which is because they commit more crimes. You have absolutely nothing to back up any standardized differences in treatment other than random anecdotes.
Any experience dealing with these people (especially in a big city) should be enough to tell there is something very wrong with them.

Tell me liberal, how often have you actually been around them?

Get rid of Rap and work with black communities to change their hatred of authority and then talk about what we have to do to help them

No it isn't, it's completely true. Do some research about American history if you're gonna try and have a conversation about race in America, you racist Trumpkin.

>Americans have been arrested for drug crimes, yet African Americans are no more likely than whites to sell or use drugs. Of imprisoned fathers of African American children, only one-third are in prison because

its true though, when a black officer bust a black committing a crime, and a black judge puts him in jail. many in America call the judge and cop racist.

>you people are so dumb

Lol, I've lived in Baltimore my entire life.

>it is somehow my fault as a law abiding white citizen that tyrone cant keep himself out of jail

>niggers get thrown in prison

>it must be lack of fairness instead of niggers breaking laws more often than whites

Liberal logic.

> Guess what's really bad for a family?
Being niggers?

>the majority of POL does not want to talk about white supremacy

wat

were these people "Drug pedaler" no they weren't

she just walkd out the store and the police arrested her

youtu.be/7IEisjJ08Yw

Maybe because they grow up with out fathers?

Maybe because they grow up being influenced by their "culture"

Maybe they should stop disproportionately commiting crimes?

Maybe they should learn to be respectful?

They aren't compatible. Some can squeak by the iron grip of their toxic environment and become good hard working people. That percentage is a small minority of a minority. They police themselves to stay in poverty. Whitey is evil, and so are his jobs and work ethic. What are you? An uncle Tom ass nigga?

Jobs and a working class that pushed a black family unit back to existence is our only hope, and theirs as well.

I like how we ignore how many white people are suffering from the same problems but somehow it only happens to black people or only matters when it happens to black people, probably because black people are slaves so their incarceration means less productivity for their owners while the lowly serf caste white people could die in jail for all we care so long as they aren't fucking with our revenue or competing against our state controlled monopolies who gives a fuck what they do

It's really nice to know that I'll never head to prison or be killed by a cop. And no, it's not because I'm white, it's because I don't have a problem with authority figures. Comply with the people we pay to uphold our laws. This really isn't hard to figure out.

When you have prior offenses, yes, you serve more time when you get locked up for petty things like drug possession. If you hadn't already done time for armed robbery, larceny, domestic abuse and aggravated assault, that little bag of weed wouldn't have put you away for so long.