Syria Scavenger Hunt - /SSH/ - Time to terminate Al-Nusrats

Well hello there Sup Forums !

/SG/ is back with some doxxing again! This time we wish to help actual syrian Al-Qaeda join their 72 virgins by blowing them sky-high. How do we do this? First, here is the source video to watch:

>youtube.com/watch?v=bQduzl5JgCU

Area of search is Idlib, controlled by few factions, mostly hostile to each other. Map is here:

>globaleventmap.org/#!area=1&overview=1&lat=35.92213749080407&lng=37.295306152343755&zoom=9

Use those sites for pinpointing location:

>zoom.earth/#36.001706,36.356911,10z,sat

>wikimapia.org/#lang=pl&lat=36.712467&lon=37.089844&z=9&m=b

Great tool discvered by Big B (best brazilian detective that helped a great deal in last hunt)

>maphub.net/

Good hunting!

Other urls found in this thread:

syria.liveuamap.com/
terraserver.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=JagdHt2w8j8
wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=35.734930&lon=36.534090&z=15&m=b&tag=4979&search=Quarry
youtube.com/watch?v=SwqPHZT2i14
suncalc.net/#/51.508,-0.125,2/2017.03.19/00:59
youtu.be/oQjX1h8VuWA
youtube.com/watch?v=t0z2an5xGmE
youtube.com/channel/UC9V9z1z9qveqRArjzb5iMew/videos
google.com/maps/place/Bluelagoon Water Park/@36.1344125,37.0324219,1235m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m8!1m2!2m1!1swater parks in syria!3m4!1s0x15255c7167ea1d0f:0x2373b87881b1b706!8m2!3d36.1349913!4d37.03366
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wish i could help seriously

there's some kind of water park on the right, abandoned?

reposting from /sg/
The area in qusetion has a cliff that looks like an old quarry. There is also a pole of some sort nearby that looks to be electrical and in the top image above you'll notice a road behind them.

OP from Souria General here.

Also it is a good idea to use syria.liveuamap.com/
for finding out where Nusra is operating ( dark green area )

Additonally with the help of Terraserver,
terraserver.com/
you can get newest satellite imagery to get more intel out of the areas.

I think it's a industrial installation? Pipe-line or something?

wups thought this was fresh bread not different thread

it looks like a small water park to me

The area also has a very curvy dirt road and has large amounts of coniferous trees

Quarry is the word I was looking for

ALLAH W SOURIYA W BASHAR
youtube.com/watch?v=JagdHt2w8j8

AL3AB YA IBN AL3AM

btw they're facing south in this frame, or maybe south east

don't forget to pay attention to this intersection

This road may be close to the training grounds

Maybe?

this curved road is route 60 on the map

wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=35.734930&lon=36.534090&z=15&m=b&tag=4979&search=Quarry
there are 5 of them in that earia

The powerlines at the end are near a road judging by those high lamp posts a major one at that

I need map that contains areas controlled by Al-Nusrats in Idlib!

Any1 can drop this?!

there's a road behind the trees that seems to travel fast and with a moderate amount of traffic, like speedway

have you used the terraserver link? the images are crystal clear my internet is getting laggy tho

Makes sense direction-wise. The road is going south-north in the picture and goes off to the east

>The powerlines at the end are near a road judging by those high lamp posts a major one at that
yeah looks like a highway the m4 ?

I think this scene could be from there, the road matches, the quarry ahead matches and the angle of the sun at around noon-3 pm matches

We are looking for one with a jagged, rocky edge, and trees near it.

I'm not sure, but doesn't winds have certain directions in different regions? Couldn't we use the inclination of the trees to know the wind direction and either use it to find the region, or use it know the direction they are facing?

Makes sense by the terrain, the field on their side and the trees on the other side of the road

and this could be the intersection

That's not the area, too flat and there's a mansion of some kind next to the wide bit where there should be nothing but forest. Notice in the pic that there's a power line next to the road

look at the little mound in the middle of that intersection compared to the video, it's a decent match. The trees look denser on the satellite picture but that means nothing

looked close, but the trees and the road split do not match

furthermore you see in that scene that in the distance there are different trees, tall and thing, like cyprusses, on the other side of the road, just as in the sat image

what's the coords for this?

35.947097, 36.565842

Look closer and you'll see that they do, the line of trees is interrupted at the middle by the split, now look at the screen from the video you'll see there are less trees in the middle and far on the right there are only small trees which maybe didn't even exist during the photo or are not visible

IKR. Dang it. Need to start from point 0.

poop dogg needs to be lynched

youtube.com/watch?v=SwqPHZT2i14

cannot believe that even rappers became SJWs

stop arguing about this, you've got the wrong side of the quarry, this is the right side, this is the intersection

All of us seem to be getting the same location, from wikimapia it also shows theres a military station there, which would make sense if its a 'training area'

The area has a drip with large amounts of rocks and a sparse bit of trees somewhere nearby

The terrain doesn't match because there's a valley between the quarry and the road

Do we have an identification of the waterpark or whatever it is? Whatever it is we should be able to see the red coloring on it. Find it and we're golden.

Wish i had enough autism to help you guys
>sadpepe.jpg

This cannot be the intersection. Look at the shadows during 1:04. If this were the place, then it would mean that the sun is north at some point during the day.

I think I've matched the mountains in the background in the pushups shot (@1:38)

I looked for it but couldn't find it, shit's blurry

good work lads keep it up

fugg you're right

I seriously doubt hoholmaps is accurate actually.

Nice, looks the same to me.

could those white lines tranches or something? there is an intersection at the top right corner too and it's brown
i used the flight radar map ther isn't a single thing flying over there
well weren't they running to a cliff at some point?
idk your pic shows elevtions too

Another screencap with power lines with the sun going down

UP THE RA BOYO !

look on the flip side there should be a hill whit a house on the top whit a road lading up to it

Same day with a different angle, notice the position of the sun and the powerlines

USE THIS SITE TO PINPOINT POTENTIAL SUN POSITION YA FAGGOTS!!!

>suncalc.net/#/51.508,-0.125,2/2017.03.19/00:59

Making detailed and sorted map of Nusra hold areas. Dropping it soon.

At 36.951.11Lat, 36.515.47Long, there looks like something that could be a quarry.

In this shot the camera is looking north, and the steep rocky incline in the background is perpendicular, so that tells you about the configuration of the hill/cliff. And there are trees just south of it.

the 6 or so poles in the upper right of right selected area seem to be equidistant, a fenceline or something to that effect

Dude, those coords show me Adana, T*rkey

Yeah, I realised after I posted. I'm a fuckin mong.

possible that white rock to the right with the sand surrounding it would appear on sattelite

Just for the fun of it, posting the clearest and easily identifiable shot of what appears to be an American. The man is most likely the one who is training and teaching them tactics

We're looking basically for areas with clay rock. Quarry we looked into had limestone. Limestone in that map is what colour?

Here is a topographical map

Also for those interested in where the sun is. Take note of the shadows in this image

No

the forest scene probably takes place somewhere like this (yeah I'm kind of busting down open doors but this is worth keeping in mind)

I know absolutely fucking nothing of topography, but shouldn't the huge chasm/quarry in the middle show?

WTF!! why his fucking face is so dark compared to his arms?

definitely waterpark
pipes are usually straight

youtu.be/oQjX1h8VuWA

looks like a paki sand niger if you ask me

I know you are just joking but it is Malhama Tactical which is training the Islamists in Idlib.

They compose of Islamists who are former Russian Armed Forces members and Jihadist who fought against the Russians :

youtube.com/watch?v=t0z2an5xGmE

wait, what the fuck. They speak Russian on 1:45 and onwards you can hear them say "three - go!" and "go! reload!"

Paki? lol no way, way too dark, could be Somalian, Sudanese, Ethiopian, or some shit, no way Paki.

Yes, see my post above.

Anyone know what sort of rocks these are?

It's what happens when you wear long sleave shirts most of the time

Might as well be. Look at the clips where they are demonstrating self defense techniques. There are trees in the background and behind them white stones.

If it is a water park we must be fairly close to a town, right? Makes no sense to put it literally out in nowhere.

>Idlib

So we are definitely looking into the right area.

there should be a power plant near by follow the poles
also look for zeyzoun

Now I regret that I ditched geology.

Also, what exactly are we searching for? Their camp?

It's probably elevation lines based on outdated Soviet maps. The quarry was created between 1969 and 1984

Calcariam, most likely. Which backs up the quarry thing even more.

general location of where most of the video puts them in. They'll most likely keep using the area to train until it's bombed

Guys i have a wonderful new lead.

DIG IN GUYS, it's their You-tube channel full of videos which are probably shot in the same areas : youtube.com/channel/UC9V9z1z9qveqRArjzb5iMew/videos

Can black people actually tan?

It depends

yes they can, it makes them look very ashy when you see their tan line though

BUMPING for this!

Only water park i could locate in rebel-held territory.
google.com/maps/place/Bluelagoon Water Park/@36.1344125,37.0324219,1235m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m8!1m2!2m1!1swater parks in syria!3m4!1s0x15255c7167ea1d0f:0x2373b87881b1b706!8m2!3d36.1349913!4d37.03366

There is a split second frame at 1:23
Even hard to catch viewing at 1/4 speed.
Might offer clues.

Currently examining shadows sun angle, etc.
Water park would be Eastward, possible water feature to the Southwest.

yes their training camp but the shoot was done in topographically different locations
we are trying to match the elements shown in the video to their possible locations on the maps
ideally this would lead to coordinating an airstrike