Most practical/rounded martial art

Which is the best martial art to learn for self defence? I can already fight but it would be nice to have something else for when the race war ensues.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jhUkGIsKvn0
youtu.be/U02E2sjwlLM?t=1m44s
youtube.com/watch?v=av4qO5Rbs_c
youtube.com/watch?v=DYGUoZyJs18
youtube.com/watch?v=NprB-maci4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Ld34HtSvoVg
youtube.com/watch?v=vRYrL1dp3LU
youtube.com/watch?v=xn33HGa0pBA
youtube.com/watch?v=C03zYFUU6e0
youtube.com/watch?v=xcWOiRKR0wY
youtube.com/watch?v=bXKdOANVc8M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Muai Thai (strikes) + Brazilian Jiu-jitsu (grappling)

Escrima (all moves can be replicated with any weapon) + HEMA (Rapier is hard to beat if you get good enough).

Any of these should only be done so in complement to actual gun training.

MMA is best for street fight and most helpful

Pipebomb.

t. MMAFag

Only one!
KUNG-FU, period.

I would say a mix of boxing and wrestling would be optimal for streetfights, you're not really going to be able to throw head kicks while wearing most clothes and brazilian jui jitsu has inferior takedown defense to wrestling and it's only really good in a 1v1.

Hitting the thing you're shooting at.

1) Running ( as in running away )
2) Fighting with a stick.
3) Something where you can grappel ( wrestling / jiu jitsu )
4) Carry a weapon and use it before they know you have it.

'merica is the best martial art.

Everything that dosnt involve machete some other kind of white weapon or even better a gun is a meme.

Combat sambo is the most well rounded martial art that I am aware of.

Never seen a white ID
Interesting

Anything where you get fit and get used to being punched in the face. Boxing, muay thai, MMA.

kill yourself gunless islamic caliphate dweller

im white

Anything that does not involve weapons, and is suitable for group fighting with the intention to knock them unconscious or capture them?

I want to help clean up my area, aboriginals are always robbing stores(Of their items or alcohol, they never have weapons themselves) or breaking into houses, mine has been broken into about 3 times so far but i had no idea at the time, and we always see them scouting the neighbours houses which they frequently rob as well.

There is pretty much always at least person willing to fight them off(Lone security guard or the man of the house), winning against one would be easy since they are usually drunk, but they are always in groups of about 2 or 3, rarely but sometimes more. Because of that its difficult to win or capture any which would be extremely useful because of the abundance of crime, a single capture can help lead to multiple arrests in the future after interrogation

youtu.be/jhUkGIsKvn0

Judo, bitch.

Filipino Martial Arts are combat-evolved and have influenced boxing tremendously. People used to fight like fisty-cuffs until filipinos started knifing American soldiers' hands. The various hooks -basically anything not a jab or cross - pretty much come from FMA. Learned this from my (Filipino) boxing coach and at a seminar by a top student of Dan Inosanto.

Krav Maga is bootleg Jujitsu, and is good on its own or as a supplement to your more "classical" martial arts (judo, aikido, jujitsu). I'd stay away from Karate as it's mainly White Crane Kung Fu, so why not do that, although real Okinawan martial arts are boss.

Wrestling is underrated - double leg and single-leg are up-and-coming moves in MMA. Any form of Ju-jutsu that has ground fighting is worth while, bonus for classical japanese Ju-jutsu is that you might get to do take-downs and throws.

There are things that are generally applicable to all martial arts that have to do with body physiology that you will have to figure out. Also, it's fascinating how east Asian martial arts seem to be related.

The best martial art is a gun with cc

gun fu youtu.be/U02E2sjwlLM?t=1m44s

Wing Chun

>Which is the best martial art to learn for self defence? I can already fight but it would be nice to have som

Wu-Tang style kung fu

Systema

BUMP

Err... SWIM says that Systema is up-and-coming in the Parkour communities... along with MovNat. And Fighting Monkey a la Rootless Root.

Seriously, folks. Learning your fundamentals... Also, Capoeira for this very reason

>POL ARMY HAPPENING

If you listen to any of these faggots' advice you'll get killed.

Train MMA; specifically, BJJ. Work on your standup if just doing solo BJJ (not fucking tae kwon do you dumb chink wannabes. Boxing/Kickboxing/Muay Thai). Learning Greco/Freestyle wrestling is invaluable as well.

Do daily sprints.

Don't learn weapons, because you will die. This is what the sprints are for.

>117270180
Grab a katana

Seriously, listen to these idiots. Systema? Capoeira? Krav Maga? you will get the shit kicked out of you if you do these bullshit larp sports.

If you do martial arts and it isn't full-contact, you aren't doing fucking martial arts.

re: weapons: watch this shit

youtube.com/watch?v=DYGUoZyJs18

This is Jon Fitch, who is in the top tier of grapplers in the world. Watch how easy it is to fuck his day up with a knife.

What's movenat & rootless monkey?

Systema is the shit.

Not judo.

It's just defense

If you do not know how to move your body you will be a stiff larping faggot who get his limp-wristed ass beaten.

Agreed on full contact, though. Though if you think that Systema and Krav you're probably a bullshit larper who doesn't train or know much about MA.

With MovNat you will learn functional fitness principles and will make it easier to incorporate martial arts techniques.
youtube.com/watch?v=NprB-maci4Q

You will (not) outsmart your opponent.

BJJ is useless when there are five people who would kick you on the ground. Train standup, Muay Thai or Krav Maga (if you find a gym whose Krav Maga isn't bullshit)

Judo is a 'classical' and more 'scientific' martial art focusing on the principles of leverage in combat. It is great to have as a 'core' skill if you already have Krav or FMA to break down guard, throw a punch, and then fight someone on his back. Provided you're not on the ground already.

> systema
> movement

youtube.com/watch?v=Ld34HtSvoVg

lol

boxing movement:
youtube.com/watch?v=vRYrL1dp3LU

kickboxing movement:
youtube.com/watch?v=xn33HGa0pBA

muay thai movement:
youtube.com/watch?v=C03zYFUU6e0

yeah I guess I'll trust that fat asshole instead :^)

Gunkata, it a an art to surpass even tai-chi, both in terms of raw power, and speed.

Strawman and bodyweight irrelevant anyhow.

No one is arguing against a striking art, but in combat it is important to understand how a human body works in order to adapt, avoid, and combat. Systema will make you a well-rounded fighter and it has been scientifically developed and tested in warzones during the Soviet era.

youtube.com/watch?v=xcWOiRKR0wY

It's more important to train principles than to larp in your training. Also, you obviously don't train.

lol most of this faggots have no idea what they are talking about.

Learn either Muay Thai or kickboxing since they are similar,dont fall for the krav maga meme.
Although BJJ is one of the best martial arts out there,the other ones above imo are better for self defence

i think people also over estimate how much punishment they'll take.

those 2 dudes are fit as fuck.

one fit dude with a knife and some random Sup Forumstard shouldn't even try unless he's willing to die.

the top defense system is being fucking in better shape than your opponent and second is picking up an improvised club or stabbing implement.

>israeli martial art
>often teached as a scam

Pottery

>Systema
>Krav Maga
The bear vanquishes the snake.

sure, I agree actually, but if someone has a knife and you don't and you think your magical krav maga will save you, you'll be looking at your blood p soon

if you say so friend!

I hope you like playing touch butt with your friends in sweatpants while I'm punching people and getting punched in a ring :^)

I trained in Judo, Ashihara, Jiu Jitsu, kick-boxing and KraVmaga(with IDF), and been in some streefights, and i can tell you at the end of the day all that helps just as much as your trainig is the determination to take down your target(s) what really helped me was judo , taking the guy down fast and breaking a joint fucked all the fight he had. But if it's a tweaker and his high ... then your in a world of pain, 3 shoots of tasers could take him down.. pick your fights and stick to what you know best ... ( SPRINTS )

this video inspired me to get back into bjj

youtube.com/watch?v=bXKdOANVc8M

Chi gun

bump

Ninjutsu.
Reminder that using guns is part of the way of the ninja.

All of them. Just remember:

>I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.

Flame thrower is the best martial art