IQ and Race: The value of IQ

Is IQ all there is to race and intelligence?

I scored a 78 and 82 on two IQ tests administered by a trained psychologist yet i have never struggled academically or on day to day tasks.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/dBehg
youtu.be/acMo1me1_AE
lesacreduprintemps19.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/jp-rushton-race-evolution-behavior-unabridged-1997-edition.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not gonna lie: I have an IQ of 92.

I was too dumb for college, so I go on Sup Forums and tell everyone to go to trades school so that I don't feel left out making 30k each year as an electrician.

>i have never struggled academically
Quality of education in the US has gone down.
Does that mean you're intelligent?
>never struggled academically or on day to day tasks
You don't need to be a genius to put your shirt on.

>making 30k each year as an electrician
You really are retarded seeing as union electrician rate is $60 an hour.
>($124k) a year without overtime
Enjoy your $60k a year STEM meme.

IQ is a big deal because it influences your capacity for success.

That said, other things influence your capacity for success, too.

Get a good routine going and you can achieve more than even above-average IQ people sometimes can.

Not really, IQ is partially determined by your education, upbringing etc.

>IQ is partially determined by your education, upbringing etc.

no it's not. IQ is meant to be a test of raw intrinsic problem solving / critical thinking capabilities. external factors bear ZERO weight on this.

i've received a 120-125 on IQ tests administered to me as a child and i score within the same range every single time to this day. I've always struggled with education, I don't think there's a direct correlation between the two. school is less a test of problem solving and more so one of obedience and receptiveness.

We can't all be winners.

You legitimately have no fucking idea what you are talking about. You have no idea what it's like to be of superior intellect and appreciate your own amazing intelligence. You'll never know what it's like to breathe opportunity, exhale success and piss pure isolated excellence. Have fun at the bottom of the ladder, punk!

And I have a 160 IQ. Legit, tested and I worked on a quant desk at a hedge fund for years.

>no it's not. IQ is meant to be a test of raw intrinsic problem solving / critical thinking capabilities. external factors bear ZERO weight on this
If you were malnourished as a child then you might not recover and actually have a lower iq then your genetics would otherwise allow. If you then get a child and it gets nourished properly it will end up with the "right" iq.

>Is IQ all there is to race and intelligence?
No.
archive.is/dBehg
Pic and essay kinda related although it involves gender.

My IQ is slightly higher but similar, i pretty much gave up on doing anything in school in the 8th grade. All through highschool i just ignored it. I was able to pass every test because they were all multiple choice questions and i could infer the correct answers with out studying based on my general world knowledge (knowing the roots of words is enough to get you through so much)

Ended up passing barely with shit grades due to ignoring all my homework entierly.
That was fun i guess in hindsight, i actually enjoyed my antics as a slacker in school.

Dropped out of college after a year with similar scenario basically, i had 4.0 gpa but just didnt feel anything, the whole thing felt wrong to me somehow, dangerous.

I think the education system is a piece of shit and i think people who actually participate in it are hurting society in the long run. We need fewer people with degrees, all everyone going to college has done is insure you need a BA to flip burgers. This would decrease the number of insane leftists as well.

The world is designed so commoners can get by, people with common IQs can do well if they just buy in and do what they are told, go through the processes and be a good little prole. Particularly if they start out decently well in life, dont have to worry or struggle to survive, know people. The worlds about networking, its disgusting.

verbal intelligence is the kikes iq

*tips fedora

I really don't know why IQ is so important to you guys. Look OP, I don't give a shit what your IQ is. If you want to make a decent living, it's all about the amount of labor you put in.
I'll take a hard working garbage man than a slack off genius any day.

I have an IQ of about 140. I'm studying computer science and will make about $100,000 a year when I graduate. I come on Sup Forums and make fun of races with low iqs and try to devise ways to eliminate jews.

>union electrician 60$ an hour

unlesss you live on the east or west coast near large cities you wont make that much

IBEW are actually pretty cool

IQ was just something white people invented to dehumanize other races.

Take them where? No one gives a fuck what you'd prefer. High IQ people are more successful which is what matters, not the admiration of some retard on Sup Forums

then howcome jews have even higher IQ? Did they just adapt to it and are only pretending to be good at it? Is it a jew plot?!

Nice larp faggot

Passion and ambition trump intelligence.

With STEM you will make 100k+ after 5 years. Your job is also 10x more intellectually fulfilling than some boring ass trade. Should have went to college buckaroo.

Jew is a religion, not a race

>High IQ people are more successful which is what matters
Then how come high iq women can't play a simple football game?

Wrong.

retards

This is how gay you are

The guy going to an SJW college like UC Berkeley is going to be more successful than the guy with the 140 IQ who dropped out of high school and shitposts on an anime forum

NEET detected.

middle aged cat lady detected

>dummer
oh come on man

Always felt like I was low IQ but too scared to take a test. Oh well.

I got tested when I was 17 at a 132 IQ and was in the top 1% of my high school for grades graduating grade 11 with a 98% average over my classes.

Dropped out of high school senior year due to depression and have never gotten out of it. I'm just a neet now. Makes me really sad to think about. At least I have you guys to be miserable with.

we talking bout elves?

IQ is a massive predictor of success and also is, in retrospective studies, highly correlated with the best careers. If you were smart you would understand statistics enough to discount n=1 and look at the data.

>computer science
>$100,000 at entry level

same except I'm not a meme following retard so I choose a real career (chemical engineering)

no, they don't. Passion and ambition require intelligence to be realized my iq 95 friend.

yeah, well, I don't live in new zealand

>I scored a 78 and 82 on two IQ tests

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHahhahAHahhahah!

Durp

My cousins are the brightest people I know, and they're studying computer science. What the fuck are you doing?

>Is IQ all there is to race and intelligence?
>Is a measurement of pattern recognition all there is to race and intelligence?

No, and that's a pretty poor way of asking. Let me put it like this, there are only two real areas which have prodigies. Mathematics and music. Why? Because both of those fields are almost purely pattern based. A 7 year old can't be a prodigy in say languages because learning languages involves a ton of actual experience utilizing the language.

>What will IQ tell you?
So, your IQ will probably be a somewhat accurate determination of how quickly you recognize patterns, or draw connections between things. Typically the categories tested for will involve very little pre-learned knowledge. This is also why tests for IQ on animals are fucking stupid because certain categories don't make much sense to test for on other animals.

>What does IQ not tell you?
IQ won't tell you how easily you retain information learned post short term, or your previous learning and how they contribute to what you do. E.g., you could meet a low IQ historian with a good memory who happens to be a bastion of knowledge.

What is the best way to get one's IQ tested? I want to know once and for all whether I'm truly worthless or not.

This desu.
I would suspect that OP is good with his hands, capable of basic practical problemsolving and has a job, perhaps a long term relationship, and perhaps even a good family.
If he made mistakes, they were likely debt related mistakes based on future outcomes.

I rate at 'around' 136+ IQ (conservative).
I'm a scared of reality basement dwelling neet suffering crippling depression from my last failed relationship, and play vidya rather than leave the house and complete my education or career path.
Perhaps I'm afraid of success, or too stupid to try.

High IQ is about academic shit, and problemsolving/imagination, which I can thank Dungeons and Dragons for improving my acuity to.

TLDR: High IQ, failure at life.

Bullshit. Anyone with an iq of 160 would be aware that a value of 160 is likely to be inaccurate across multiple tests.
But I'm SURE you have a perfect score, thats only a 0.00001 likelyhood in probable distribution.
In other words, just playing the numbers, you're probably full of shit. Wowie, you fooled some idiots on an anonymous image board. You sure are clever.

Mensa, and it costs money, but not alot. Some iq tests will test for all kind of stuff, but.this man explains it, if you wanna know your iq, you take the mensa test.

>IQ and Race
The relationship exists, and it is continually reinforced by breeding and the supports to utilize it.

The best way I can explain this is
>What happens if someone doesn't learn a language?
And the result is that they're profoundly retarded. Language is very much how abstract thinking works, so without a language a person will not be able to think particularly well and may even lack self awareness as they have no inner monologue.

Yet, this also becomes even more complicated when it comes to written languages. A written language not only facilitates the ability to receive information, but it also bolsters the ability to understand vaguer concepts and record keep.

>So what does this mean for race?
If you come from an established agricultural civilization, it means that you have a written language as a natural byproduct of the necessity of running a continuous enterprise. You not only have a language in which to think in, but you have abstracts and concepts that bolster your ability to think. Not only that, but you have 5-20k years of selective pressures breeding for the ability to use language as a sort of operating system for your mind, and a written tongue for retaining information and building a lexicon.

So, tl:dr, don't look at IQ's of nations as much as their dictionaries. Pre-agricultural-written societies are fucking savages with chimps given basic speaking and writing lessons.

Nah, just because he's american does NOT guarantee stupidity (even if it IS a numbers game).

Posters experiences mirror my own, and I'm inclined to believe them. Unlike mister 160 IQ horseshit idiot.

IQ and academia are two completely different things.

Congratulations on being just above Forrest Gump.

coding is the new blue collar shit.
If you don't have a government contract, you're arse paper to any corporate fuckwit that couldn't find his own arsehole with both hands.

Which means your future wellbeing hangs in the hands of dishonest, sneaky, coke-snorting lying shitbags that will try and offload 3 peoples work onto you, and make you train your replacements, before letting you go.

Good luck with that.
The govt positions are fucked for entirely different reasons.

Good luck finding a market that isn't flooded with would-be coders.

> your future wellbeing hangs in the hands of dishonest, sneaky, coke-snorting lying shitbags that will try and offload 3 peoples work onto you, and make you train your replacements, before letting you go.
>>The govt positions are fucked for entirely different reasons.

No, those reasons sound pretty accurate for government workers too.

>dummer

my iq is like 50 and im making 80k as a Russian refugee tile installer. It's all good senpai

>top 2% iq according to official real iq test i took in like 9th grade
>be constantly disappointed by the stupidity and ignorance of society at large

Honestly I think dumb people have a happier life. Smart people are smart enough to realize how wasted the potential of the world is by the hordes of dumbasses.

At least government workers can get pension?

I don't mean to rain on your undergrad parade, but unless you're a top tier programmer getting scouted right NOW you will not make 100k right out of school. If you build up a good reputation and portfolio for a few years you will, but definitely not fresh out of school

>100k straight out

OK pajeet

>no it's not. IQ is meant to be a test of raw intrinsic problem solving / critical thinking capabilities. external factors bear ZERO weight on this.

This is not true and you're basically a lying faggot because you obviously never actually took an IQ test. In order to be able to properly calibrate those tests for the age of the subject (i.e. a kid getting 150 is not necessarily is special by adult standards) there is a part about cumulative knowledge too. That's where they ask you stuff that you're expected to know and some other stuff that you're not expected to know yet; for example, I took my first one at like 8 and some questions where about measuring instruments (e.g. What is a barometer?). Knowing the answer to those questions (and other ones such as vocabulary and grammar) can greatly affect your score in the corresponding area because at some age you would be a genius for knowing it but at adulthood you'd be pretty fucking stupid if you don't. In this sense a kid who has two parents and has been reading since young has an advantage over a kid with 5 brothers that lives in a household where there's no money for books and where he doesn't get attention from his parents.

Other than that IQ tests have many faults and the IQ concept itself is quackery, but society can't get over it because mindlets (like you) keep using it to feel like a special snowflake. If you aren't pretending to be retarded and genuinely took a test without those batteries then it was the short version with the cubes and shadows and shit, which is only one of the few components of the IQ, not the IQ itself. A full test should take something like 7-10 hour long sessions.

This is true, assuming aforementioned coke fiends don't cut it to bolster their already inflated salaries in times of economic hardship.

>tfw IQ of 143 and attended SJW college that is UC Berkeley

>1 post by this ID

My IQ is 113, which is only slightly above average, but I'm a fucking retard who can barely function. Drinking water without dumping it all over the front of myself is a challenge. People constantly told me I was a retard growing up. I can hardly hold down a job. I can't focus. I wish I was dead, but that's a self esteem issue, not an intelligence one.

You need a psychologist to conduct it usually.

>t. Mexican intellectual

A high IQ can easily be hamstrung by assorted mental issues and disabilities such as autism. A person with no health problems, average IQ, and a strong will is going to do far better than a "genius" level inbred freak who can't even speak properly.

Ya think?

>emotional intelligence is more important in life than figuring out IQ puzzles.

From one sub-functional, slightly above average user to another; buy a box of straws! Mess free drinking. :-)

listen, anyone saying their i.q is 130+ is probly exaggerating, the fact of the matter is there will always be people smarter than you, and more stupid than you. The guy who has a 50 i.q will be sad that the guy who has a 60 i.q is smarter than him. The guy who has a 70 i.q will be sad that the guy who has an 80 i.q is smarter than him. And the guy who has a 160 i.q will be sad the guy who has a 120 i q got the job instead of him because he has better social skills. The important thing is to rajse a good family, teach your children moral values, and be a good person. There will always be smqrter people than you

Tell that to my bank account

Have you ever thought that you had or been tested for ADHD?

Then you fall under the "being scouted right NOW" clause I mention foremost, if you're already getting paid and have a job.

T. Low iq.

Take my reply as a help to understand that phenomena. I can irrefutably say that you don't want to be low IQ. You cannot unlearn truths as you are implying, however, pay attention to those who are carefree and notice that they are probably glad that they are merely "making it" (read: minorities).

t. Im white but I dated a Ukranian girl of immigrant parents for 3 years, am business partners with a genius Ukranian dude who just got his green card, visited the country for fun back in September, but my point is that the "carefree" is an attribute that a red-pilled, smart guy can acquire through living daily to just "make it". I don't know how this plays out in America though as an American :/

Dear Pajeet's bank account:

Sorry you're empty cause pajeet is a larping faggot who thinks salaried coding work is anything but slave labor.

>Other than that IQ tests have many faults and the IQ concept itself is quackery, but society can't get over it because mindlets (like you) keep using it to feel like a special snowflake. If you aren't pretending to be retarded and genuinely took a test without those batteries then it was the short version with the cubes and shadows and shit, which is only one of the few components of the IQ, not the IQ itself. A full test should take something like 7-10 hour long sessions.
Wrong.
A mensa test take less then half an hour, and yes it is with the cubes and shit, and yes, that is your iq. The reason is simple. It is the only test that can be cross cultural and as even you point out, >hat is a barometer?). Knowing the answer to those questions (and other ones such as vocabulary and grammar) can greatly affect your score in the corresponding area because at some age you would be a genius for knowing it but at adulthood you'd be pretty fucking stupid if you don't. In this sense a kid who has two parents and has been reading since young has an advantage over a kid with 5 brothers that lives in a household where there's no money for books and where he doesn't get attention from his parents.
Which is why high iq people don't consider those tests valid.

I personally know a few Slavic immigrant tile-layers and they do very well 100K+ with big families

Thoth should agree with this, tho may e it isn't the way?

You think my only option is salaried labor? I can do freelance work and live anywhere in the world. Or I can just create an app and live off that for the rest of my life.

>MENSA

kys

177 iq and struggled at school due to lack of interest and respect for my poor fag teachers...

>I scored a 78 and 82 on two IQ tests administered by a trained psychologist

Dman, if your a white that's pretty fuckin low...

Ps:are you in the vid?
youtu.be/acMo1me1_AE

You sound identical to the millions of undergrads who came before you thinking they'll be making the memesalary that colleges sell you on.

We can settle this once and for all by you showing us a timestamped screenshot of your bank account.

Nigger you'd don't make $100k salary out of school.

Sorry nigger. You're suck a sorry sack of shit.

My homeboy just got his PhD from Stanford and started at Google in data science for $135k.

My other homeboy got his PhD at MIT and got $140k straight out.

And now your nigger ass is saying you gettin over $100k straight out of undergrad doing pajeet work fuck you nigger.

There is no way you scored that low and graduated from high school unless you were on an LD/ED track.

I believe you.

Why are you tripfagging?
No one cares about you.

What are you doing now?

>tripfagging
>on Sup Forums

You're just a low iq retard. Jelly as fuck

You're friends make 35-40k over $100,000. How is that evidence I won't make $100,000. What a shit argument.

>he doesn't have a trip

girlslaughing.jpg

I thought you said "look at my bank account" as if you already earned money.

You fucked up pajeet.

Go write your magic app (like you need to graduate to that).

I can't wait for you to see how easily your job gets outsourced 2 years in. Haha nigger.

t. Mechanical engineer from top school making $182k 8 years out.

First of all, tump is fixing the h1b problem, so don't you worry about that. As for the app, I already have one in mind and have spoken to investors. But that's honestly none of your business. And I said "say that to my bank account," not "look at my bank account," you dumb nigger.

also
>8 years
>$182k
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Race, Evolution, and Behavior by Rushton

lesacreduprintemps19.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/jp-rushton-race-evolution-behavior-unabridged-1997-edition.pdf

'Paul Broca (1824-1880), the great French neurologist who also founded
the Anthropological Society of Paris in 1859, was a world leader in the field
of brain-behavior relationships. He used a comparative approach, examining
brains either damaged by strokes or compared across races. Today, "Broca"s
area" refers to that part of the left cerebral hemisphere that controls the production
of speech, and the difficulty in speaking after damage to this area is
called "Broca's aphasia."
Broca weighed brains at autopsy and refined the techniques for estimating
endocranial volume by filling skulls with lead shot. He concluded that variation
in brain size was related to intellectual achievement: skilled workers had
larger brains than unskilled workers, mature adults had larger brains than
either children or the very elderly, eminent individuals had larger brains
than those who were less eminent, and Europeans had larger brains than
Africans.'

-Rushton

>143 IQ
>wasting away your potential at snowflake central
shouldve gone to Stanford, or Cal Tech in SoCal

This is just sad to see. You sound like one of those people who head to Hollywood looking to be an actor and end up skimming pools.

Apples and oranges. IQ doesn't get you into hollywood. You can have the talent but not the looks. You can have the drive but not the connections. When it comes to IQ, you either have it or you don't. Once I get that piece of paper saying I was able to put in 4 years in a high IQ major and show them how I code, they'll be knocking at the door.

You need to set a goal in life for yourself. Something that won't waiver, or ever shift; something grandiose. If not, then do it for your family. Do it for yourself.

I have an IQ of 154. Stop projecting brainlet.