American Cultures

I've seen a number of discussions on this topic, and thought I'd start one here.
The United States is a massive country and thus has many internal cultures, many of which often have rivalries and alliances with each other. This map illustrates my basic idea of the American cultural regions.
Of course, I probably got some shit wrong. What do you say, Sup Forums?
t. rural califag

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albion's_Seed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>america
>culture

lol people in rural areas will share a lot more in common with other rural people anywhere on the map than the people in cities a few hundred miles from where they live

most drastic american cultural differences are divided up into urban and rural at this point

Here is a book to get you stated.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albion's_Seed

image related

You're fucking retarded. Everyone appropriates american and european culture. We took shit like yoga.

excuse me but i do not consent to any grouping of culture aside from a confederated organization consisting of northern GA, northern AL, and east/central TN

pittsburgh belongs in midwest not the south

east pa and south jersey need its own color

fixed

this is actually p good

purple border triggers me 2bqbfhmn

Yeah Michigan doesn't really make any sense.

T.finnish

Map is close but I'd add more distinctions such as Appalachia and Deseret (Mormon Utah).

>America
>culture
Topkek

POO

>PA, OH, IN, IL
>The South

kys faggot

>culture
>geography

>PA, OH, IN, IL
>southern culture

kys faggot

this ones based off a pretty decent book.

dudes a bit biased in it though but i think his base idea is pretty sound.

ok better for my selfish concerns now cut off the area at kentucky/virginia's border containing appalachia and all the way south

now extend that into alabama a bit west and a wee bit south and make it the gadsden confederacy or something

You are looking in the right direction OP. Google "tidewater" to find the map a professor put together describing the different american cultures. i say tidewater because that is where i am on the map and i cant remember any other name for the map. but basically there are 13 american cultures.

>the left coast

kek

haha thats the map i just said to google.

>a fucking hobbit

The whole great lakes region was something I couldn't really figure out, so I kinda decided to be a lazy faggot.

>I'm from Georgia

kys faggot

Now in color

>denver
>midwest

is that a town on the north or south island?

I just noticed that, god damnit.

>Pittsburgh
>Morgantown
>Fairmont WV
>The South

That is laughable at best. You don't hit the south in West Virginia until at least Buckhannon.

Denver is the new chicago
this city needs to burn

>is dumb af
>proceeds to act like an even bigger dumbfuck in pathetic attempt to seem intelligent

kys faggot

>denver
>associating with pheonix
>associating with salt lake city
STOP TRYING TO MAKE US GET ALONG WITH OTHERS. We're perfectly fine dominating all cow towns and mining camps within 500 miles.

I overly simplified that entire region, I will admit.
This was a rough beginning. Details will be ironed out with feedback.

thanks senpai

dudes a professor? knew he wasn't just a nobody but thought he was just more of an independent who put in the research.

pretty funny though, dude was clearly biased towards yankees but also outright admitted the yankees and left coasts basically had an entire history of trying to force their ideals onto everyone else.

though i suppose the thing with that is that im implying he doesn't think thats a good thing, when that is entirely an opinion, one i happen to just not agree with.(mfw i even have a scottish-irish ancestry like Appalachians apparently mostly have)

do a maori war dance and fuck off

Yep

Oh yes, I think I recall this one. The simplistic descriptions of his regions I saw seemed to apply reasonably well, at least for a Far Westerner such as myself.

>upset because doesn't have sick job which allows him to contract himself all over the world and make a fuck ton of money

kys faggot

Where I live in Fairmont WV you would probably get beat up if you called anyone here a Southerner. We are an advanced technological area in Northern WV relative to the rest of the state. We also don't speak with that retarded accent those Beckley faggots speak with.

you carry bags at the airport for american tourists?

>aerospace engineer and consultant

kys faggot

considering he wrote an entire book on them, i feel like a simplified explanation of each doesn't do them justice, whether you agree with him or not.

i can give it a shot though if anyone wants, but i cant say ill do it justice and would suggest just reading the book.

so you work at the information desk

>left coast
what goes on over there certainly isn't right

>looks stupid on the internet
>tries to save his ego on the internet
>makes an ass out of himself instead
>all because pathetic and lonely existence

kys faggot

> this image triggered my color blindness

kek, nice one.

if nothing else, he got that region right.

I'd be interested in hearing about them.

Certainly not.

remember when you lost a war against emus

>bay area
can we just call it the gay area now

It's always been the gay area. Faggots and commies as far as the eye can see.

>Rural PA

We have more in common with Kentucky than Philly.

well i just spent like 5 minutes trying to have Sup Forums NOT think my post is spam so i dont know what the fuck to do about that.

>America
>Culture
Pick both and then discard one.

>American
>culture

Does anybody in California know any good places to hunt hogs in California? I just bought a gun, and I wanna kill something large and black without starting a race war.

Appalachia is different from the south. And philly/Baltimore is very different from NY/DC

>russian
>non-alcoholic beverages

t. no anthropological education whatsoever

most of the world is starting to adopt american culture, including you fucks.

Put that missouri back where it came from or so help me