If obesity isn't a social construct...

If obesity isn't a social construct, then please explain to me where there are people who've greatly reduced their calorie intake but are still fat.

Go on, I'll wait.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap_made_from_human_corpses
channel4.com/programmes/secret-eaters/
youtube.com/watch?v=xPmtBg4wPH0
atkins.com/Archive/2003/12/11-933145.html
takepart.com/article/2013/08/27/chunky-monkey-lab-animals-are-getting-fatter-and-scientists-dont-know-why/
nature.com/news/2010/101124/full/news.2010.628.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>there are people who've greatly reduced their calorie intake but are still fat

The body is an engine and no engine can make fuel from thin air. Name one of these people who has meticulously counted their carb intake and is verified as truthful and isn't just posting this claim on the internet with nothing to back it up.

there's a solution. Let's just make the world cleaner
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap_made_from_human_corpses

>self-reporting calories
dohohoho
t. nutrition phd student

Obese people should be mass slaughtered.
Checkmate atheists.
inb4 >lol then you'd get killed too xddd

Greatly reduced does not mean calorie deficit. Just that they are only eating 10 schnitzels a day instead of 25.

We all know how those magical calories are possible.

channel4.com/programmes/secret-eaters/

first law of thermodynamics

are you denying physics? does your body create energy beyond what it injests? if so then we need to study your wonderous metabolism

>be rugular human
>weigh about 150-185lbs
>some inhuman monstrocity comes along
>weighs 684lbs
>pure fat
>the human realizes that the monstrous blob in front of him actually isnt real, and is, in fact, nothing more than a social construct
>the person was just crushed to death via their imagination
OP, only fat people say that fatness doesnt exist, so go be fat somewhere else

I fucking hate this country, I'm moving to Australia

>explain to me why there are people who claim that they've greatly reduced their calorie intake but are still fat
Ftfy. Pathological lying is a seemingly common trait in fatties.

youtube.com/watch?v=xPmtBg4wPH0

>there are people who've greatly reduced their calorie intake but are still fat

>be 500lbs @5'10
>BMR is 5500 kcal, just sitting and doing nothing
>daily intake is 7-9000 kcal
>reduce by 1-2000
>why am I not losing weight?

Most people have zero idea how nutrition works

fats getting thin slows their metabolism and the body "expects" to be fat. that just means they have to exercise their whole lives, just like everyone else in the world who wants to stay fit

eat nothing but raw vegetables and legumes. you'll eventually forget what candy tastes like

>who've greatly reduced their calorie intake but are still fat
They need to exercise as well.

>The body is an engine and no engine can make fuel from thin air. Name one of these people who has meticulously counted their carb intake and is verified as truthful and isn't just posting this claim on the internet with nothing to back it up.
[214] New England Journal of Medicine 348(2003):2082.
[215] Annals of Internal Medicine 140(2004):778.
[216] Dansinger, M.L., Gleason, J. L., Griffith, J.L., et al., "One Year Effectiveness of the Atkins, Ornish, Weight Watchers, and Zone Diets in Decreasing Body Weight and Heart Disease Risk," Presented at the American Heart Association Scientific Sessions November 12, 2003 in Orlando, Florida.
[217] atkins.com/Archive/2003/12/11-933145.html Accessed 1 June 2004.
[218] Scripps Howard News Service 13 November 2003.
[219] Journal of the American Medical Association 280(1998):2001.
[220] Obesity Research 9(2001):1S.

Obesity is a social construct, since it doesn't have a proper definition nor does reaching obesity change much physically.
Weight, however, is not a social construct, and weight is only maintained by having the same or a larger amount of matter go in than out. If your fat people have "greatly reduced their calorie intake" but still keep their weight, it is because they are still consuming at least as many calories as they burn. Thus, if they want to lose weight, they must cut down their intake even further, or exercise more to increase their calorie burn.

if fatties cut out all of their processed food intake they would lose tons of weight

modern processed food is insanely calorie dense and most of these people just don't realize it

so you claim the body violates the laws of thermodynamics?

>following in the steps of uncle Adolph
>haven't eaten meat in 4 years
>more or less forgotten taste and don't miss it

Can confirm.

spics and niggers

No. Why would it?

Do you even know how calories are calculated for food? Do you know yhow your BMR and TDEE is calculated?

Do you even know what a calorie is?

Do you know what the first law of thermodynamics is and how it is applied?

Obviously, the answer to all these questions is "No".

what a time to be a chubby chaser

This is why there are no kids. Too many fatties. Can't fuck fatties.

That's not possible.

I do actually know all of those things

if you did you would realize what you said is impossible. The body can only use the energy it takes in and what energy it has stored.

The only reason "fat acceptance" is a thing is because woman are getting fatter. If it was just men who were turning into porkers the media would be slaughtering them without mercy.

When you sit on your ass 10 hours a day it doesn't matter.

Stop eating simple carbs too, processed sugar and enriched flour is bad.

>Go on, I'll wait.

You just made yourself look like a giant fucken faggot.

>where there are people who've greatly reduced their calorie intake but are still fat.
>"WHERE"
Nowhere kiddo ,

>I do actually know all of those things
Well, obviously not, considering the body is not a closed system, calories are a measure of heat and not "fatness", calories are calculated by using the digestion of mice, not humans, etc etc.

>if you did you would realize what you said is impossible. The body can only use the energy it takes in and what energy it has stored.
See? You don't understand thermodynamics at all. Not that thermodynamics have anything to do with gaining or losing weight anyway - proof: See the current obesity crisis.

Medical disorders exist that make it extremely hard to lose weight, a lot of them are from awful diet for decades.

I knew a kid at my HS who was fucken huge and he ate healthier than most people. He had a thyroid problem, i felt bad for him.

When i see a manatee feeding its calfs mc donalds as it crams down 10 dollars of mc doubles, and it sufferers from a 'Thyroid condition' i don't give a fuck and it should lose custody for child abuse.

Non-sequitur and anecdotal anyway.

What are you trying to say? The 250 calorie burger from MacD is making you fat?

>See the current obesity crisis.

Are you part of it?

This is what happens when women don't know how to cook AND think fat positivity / thin privilege is good.

Good ridance, anyway.

Nope.

Not an argument and ad hominem also.

When you eat a half dozen every few days and chug down a 48 ouce coke to come home and bask in front of a TV and eat chips while you wait for the next meal to arrive from dominoes it is.

sitting on your ass all day is making you fat retard

the mcdonalds burgers are just making you extremely fat

I didn't intend it to be a argument, i was just making fun of you.

Calories are calculated by burning the food ,

No matter how special you think you are , your body need energy and he has different sources to his disposition , the main one are:
-The food in your belly .
-The glycogen currently stored in your liver & muscles .
-The fat currently stored everywhere on your body ( from adipose to visceral ) .

To keep you warm and perform action your body will need energy , and he has no choice bu to pick from one of these sources , If you're glycogen depleted & doesn't have much in your belly , your body WILL be forced to dig into your fat storage .

>who've greatly reduced their calorie intake
thats interesting because ive done just this recently and despite not even being obese i lost 30lbs since about december

>US women who aren't obese

Its simple. They are lying about their caloric intake.
All fat fags are liars. They want you to think they are trying because they are ashamed of their weak willpower
>I used to be fat until I started using self control

Yes, very funny.

>When you eat a half dozen every few days and chug down a 48 ouce coke to come home and bask in front of a TV and eat chips while you wait for the next meal to arrive from dominoes it is.
6x250= 1500 calories
48 fluid oz Coke= 500 calories
You think 2000 calories are making you fat? You realize this is below the recommended Daily Allowance everywhere in the world, right?

But thanks for proving my point - you have no fucking clue at all. You just repeat what you have heard because "everyone knows this".

RICH AMERICA. OBESE AMERICA.

And all of this energy can be calculated and quantified in the form of Calories or Joules , which we can then use to accurately measure how much weight we can gain or lose .

>Calories are calculated by burning the food ,
WRONG. Thanks for playing.

>No matter how special you think you are , your body need energy and he has different sources to his disposition , the main one are:
Is that energy calories? If yes, how do you calculate them?

>-The food in your belly .
>-The glycogen currently stored in your liver & muscles .
>-The fat currently stored everywhere on your body ( from adipose to visceral ) .

>To keep you warm and perform action your body will need energy , and he has no choice bu to pick from one of these sources , If you're glycogen depleted & doesn't have much in your belly , your body WILL be forced to dig into your fat storage .
WRONG.

Again, thanks for playing, but this is basic knowledge.

DUDE FREE ENERGY MAN I KNOW THIS SKINNY GUY WHO EATS MCDONALDS EVERY DAY LMAO LMAO LMAO

>Everyone who disagrees is just lying
American school of discussion, I guess.

>And all of this energy can be calculated and quantified in the form of Calories or Joules ,
There is no proof for that.

>which we can then use to accurately measure how much weight we can gain or lose .
This is definitely wrong. Else we wouldn't have an obesity epidemic in lab animals, for example.

2000 Calories is just a rule of thumb for the average population , and this 2000 value is kinda old , people are becoming lazier and more sedentary over the year .
A 5"8' , 80 kg male ( obese ) will only require around 1650 to live a sedentary liftstyle

>t just means they have to exercise their whole lives,
No it means they have to eat a normal amount of calories. Exercises isn't required.

>4 in 10.
I don't even have words for any of this anymore. I just quietly plod on through life.

>WRONG. Thanks for playing
literally a bomb calorimeter - TEF
They really need to work on education in Arabia

>You think 2000 calories are making you fat? You realize this is below the recommended Daily Allowance everywhere in the world, right?

God you are really misinformed. You can be a fucken land whale, eat 1k a day. If you eat a bunch of fucken carbs and dont move you won't lose weight faggot.

The 2k a day thing is meant for healthy individuals with proper diet and mineral/vitamin intake. You aren't even worth a debate at this point.

I actually spelled ounces wrong to see if you would be a faggot and call it and act like you won the argument and surprisingly you didn't. You blew my mind with some retarded fucken statement that goes to a whole new level.

Wow gents we're being visited by Donald Trump himself.

>obesity epidemic in lab animals
Kek

found the fatty

I think sideway belgium is just a retarded fatty who want to be healthy at every size :^)

For those that don't know, if you are overweight it is ENTIRELY your fault.

It is simply a matter of calories in and calories out.
Depending on your height, you burn anywhere from 1600-2000 calories just being alive. That is WITHOUT ANY exercise. That is if you were to live as sedentary as one can. In other words, weight loss is dictated almost entirely by your diet -- not your activity level. Losing weight can be either 100% diet or 90% diet (10% exercise, if you'd like to waste your time running and shit).

Any calories that you eat beyond that is considered excess.

For you to gain ONE POUND of fat, you will have to eat 3500 calories in excess over any period of time (in other words, maybe you'll eat 500 calories in excess for 7 days. that would be one pound of fat).
If you are 10 pounds overweight, you have eaten 35,000 calories in excess of what you should.
If you are 25 pounds overweight, you have eaten 87,500 calories in excess of what you should.

>reducing caloric intake doesn't work

Show me one fat jewish prisoner in the camps.

I'll wait.

Was never a fatty but started eating clean in college for the gainz. I can't even eat most processed food anymore because you realize how much sugar and salt is in packaged foods, they taste gross.

when your so fat you dont even remember what gender you are because you haven't seen your genitals for 30= years

>fat people
>don't know about ketosis
>don't have self control for ketosis
>complain about not losing weight
>visiting GNC with French fries in hand looking for fat burners

>2000 Calories is just a rule of thumb for the average population ,
Wrong, it was invented by the (US) industry during or after WW2. Before WW2, the recommendations were more in line with 3600 calories per day for an average adult male without hard work.

>and this 2000 value is kinda old , people are becoming lazier and more sedentary over the year .
Correct. this is why the new recommended value is 2500 to 3000 calories daily, depending on the country you are from (which should tell you a lot about how unsciemtific this shit is, but you're apparently not so good at thinking anyway).

>A 5"8' , 80 kg male ( obese ) will only require around 1650 to live a sedentary liftstyle
Source/Proof? This is over 1000 calories less than what the average European should eat per day.

>God you are really misinformed. You can be a fucken land whale, eat 1k a day. If you eat a bunch of fucken carbs and dont move you won't lose weight faggot.
Which completely disagrees with your earlier point. What is it, now? Decide. Or stop posting.

>The 2k a day thing is meant for healthy individuals with proper diet and mineral/vitamin intake.
Wrong, it was based on an average human adult male and recently got increased anyway.

>You aren't even worth a debate at this point.
And I won again.

No, you just can't argue for shit and have not facts.

takepart.com/article/2013/08/27/chunky-monkey-lab-animals-are-getting-fatter-and-scientists-dont-know-why/
nature.com/news/2010/101124/full/news.2010.628.html

Not an argument. You have none. Admit it.

KZ jews ate 1750 calories per day. By your standards a bit too much, I am sure. Back then, this was an inhuman starvation regimen.

Keto is trully the real redpill , but only if you're not one of the retard who disregard fibrous veggie

>nutrition phd
meme-tier

Still proves that reducing caloric intake makes you lose weight.

Thanks for backing me up.

>>A 5"8' , 80 kg male ( obese ) will only require around 1650 to live a sedentary liftstyle
>Source/Proof? This is over 1000 calories less than what the average European should eat per day.

It's called BASAL METABOLIC RATE. Please, look it up.
It's in your best interest to know how your body works.
Your numbers -- the notion that the average male eats 2600-3600 (as you imply) -- are GROSSLY wrong.
You have to account for your HEIGHT.

BASAL METABOLIC RATE
BASAL METABOLIC RATE
BASAL METABOLIC RATE
BASAL METABOLIC RATE

The mental clarity you get from keto is unparalleled. Nitrogen rich leafy greens are key.

You think KZs only reduced calories? Is that what your science looks like? Lmao.

Or did you get confused because I posted that "people baxck then thought it was a starvation regimen"? Please explain.

>He confuses BMR with TDEE
American education, I guess.

Would you recommend a basket weaving masters?

Eat less
Move more

You'll lose weight.

KALE

BASAL METABOLIC RATE
BASAL METABOLIC RATE
BASAL METABOLIC RATE
BASAL METABOLIC RATE

Reducing calories = lose weight.

Same way increasing cals = weight gain.

But then again, you cucks haven't exercised in a very long time. No wonder you don't understand it.

Ok so let me clear things up :

-You acknowledge that " becoming more sedentary = get fat if there is no calories reduction "

BUT you don't acknowledge the fact that people are becoming fatter because they don't move enough / eat too much ?

Spic immigration and blacks

/r/ that study showing fatties vastly underreport calorie intake

These people are very "efficient", they basically reduce themselves to a sitting in the dark in a vegetable state and burn like 20 kcals an hour.

If 2 bags of chips can run you for a whole day, you'll quickly get runaway weight gain.

>KZ jews ate 1750 calories per day.

Yes, I'm sure those Holocaust victims got all the food they needed. Those Nazis just couldnĀ“t stand seeing their Jew friends waste away.

You see everyone? The holocaust was clearly just caused by excessive dieting regimes.

I knew my chance of getting bamboozled where high when entering that thread , but It's now confirmed.

>Tfw Bamboozled again

Since I don't trust you to actually look it up, BMR is your "BASAL METABOLIC RATE".
Break that down.
By BASAL it is the MINIMUM. Hence, when we're talking about sedentary living, we use BMR.

>tfw 5'3" manlet
i was fat until i learned that food wasnt portioned for someone my size

Enlighten everybody then instead of saying wrong. I'm genuinely curious what the correct answer is.

But height is a social construct user. The patriarchy invented it.

There are outliers. I'm a forever skeleton and can't gain weight no matter what I do.

The average young American / European only need around 1600 Kcals a day unless he play sports / his in the workforce .

>Reducing calories = lose weight.
>Same way increasing cals = weight gain.
>But then again, you cucks haven't exercised in a very long time. No wonder you don't understand it.
Repeating your argument without any proof doesn't make it true.

>You acknowledge that " becoming more sedentary = get fat if there is no calories reduction "
Nope. I say that everything is a big pile of shit in this area of "science".

>BUT you don't acknowledge the fact that people are becoming fatter because they don't move enough / eat too much ?
Exactly.

>Yes, I'm sure those Holocaust victims got all the food they needed. Those Nazis just couldnĀ“t stand seeing their Jew friends waste away.
>You see everyone? The holocaust was clearly just caused by excessive dieting regimes.
Argumentum ad absurdum.

No, you're just stupid.

You think sitting doesn't burn calories? How about sleeping? Breathing? Thinking?
All of this burns calories. You don't even understand your own bullshit.

>Enlighten everybody then instead of saying wrong. I'm genuinely curious what the correct answer is.
We don't know yet what causes obesity. That's the bitter truth. Personally, I'd say it's to do with hormones and nothing else.

You're not eating as much as you think you are. It's that simple.

I really wish fitness experts and broscientists would start classifying cardio exercises in terms of (EE - BMR), where EE is energy expended. That way people trying to lose weight can understand how shitty the opportunity cost of walking is, which is like barely 10-20 kcals/hr above sitting, and exercises like running or rowing start to look way more effective on the charts.

>You think sitting doesn't burn calories? How about sleeping? Breathing? Thinking?
>All of this burns calories. You don't even understand your own bullshit.

THAT IS WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT WHEN WE SAY BASAL METABOLIC RATE.

lol, I must be getting trolled.

This.

FUCKING EXERCISE

This should clear everything up. Your statement OP has already been proven to be incorrect.

And by that i'm talking about all the average / nu male who have close to 0 muscles thanks to a youth of over protection from anything strenuous .

If you were active as a child , ( sports / helping doing manual labors ) and move around alot it's already closer to 2400

>there are people who've greatly reduced their calorie intake but are still fat.
Most humans don't lose fat very easily (after all, it is your body's emergency reserves). To avoi excessive adipose, and maintain a healthy weight, one must watch their calorie intake AND get sufficient exercise to burn off all that fat.
Anyway, obesity is by no means a social construct; you could argue that body standards are, but obesity is a medical condition.

>Argumentum ad absurdum.
Which is a completely logical argument.

Also, >Repeating your argument without any proof doesn't make it true.
You need some self-awareness, friend.

You have zero idea about BMR. 5500 kcal bmr is impossible.

euros take walking for granted. if Jose McFatass were accustomed to walking 5 miles in the course of a normal day, things would be different.

meat is fine, not every meal though

my entire sweets palette is dark chocolate nuts and bittersweet coffee cakes. those oreo shake calorie memes are almost vomit inducing