What's Arkansas like?

What's Arkansas like?

I live in Arkansas. People will shit on this state but really don't know anything about it.

In reality it's actually one of the prettiest states in the country if you stay away from a few cities such as Pine Bluff, Little Rock, etc.

We have the Ozark Mountains which are amazing. The rural areas are still mostly white. I live in a small town about population 500 and it's 99.8 percent white according to census.

Economically we have low cost of living but low wages and little job opportunity. We have a huge timber industry, Walmart headquartered in the north west, and a lot of agriculture.

If you stay out of the cities it's mostly white. The high school I went to was an all white public school except for like two people.

The state is not as bad as people make it out to be, but there still is better places. Montana etc. would all be nice.

Great fishing
Mostly white (outside of Little Rock and other bigger cities)
Some cool smaller towns (Eureka Springs)
Can get hotter than shit in Summer

As a northerner I would feel somewhat out of place there. Also way too hot and humid for me.

But you as a rare cunt from a hot, sweaty country might fit in better than expected.

This. Weather is one of the things I don't like here as I live towards Hot Springs and like colder weather.

It only snowed here once this winter and it was barely anything. Summer is hot as fuck because not only the temperatures but the humidity fucking sucks.

We barely had a winter in Arkansas this year. It's not that bad if you live further north toward Missouri.

In the particular area I live though it rarely even got below freezing. other than during night time.

I pronounced Arkansas wrong until I was 17 when someone told me I was retarded.

So clearly it means its an irrelevant state, where nothing happens.

Yeah, I live in Missouri near STL and we had no winter either. Probably heading down that way in a few weeks to do some bass fishing. Some monsters down there.

It's the place to be if you want to live comfily /innawoods/. Northers who haven't been there like to make jokes about it, but it's really beautiful.

I'd like to visit the Ozarks some time. They look beautiful and it seems like an ideal place for a road trip where you can just kind of spend some time and absorb the local culture.

But for me if it's not below freezing for one or more months straight and we don't get snow measured in feet that stays around for weeks at a stretch, then that's not Winter.

>they have a state called llllnoise

in any case this thread has been very helpful.

The Ozarks are really nice. You might want to check out the Buffalo River a lot of people camp there. It's really neat and is up in the Ozarks.

Yeah the winter you're talking about is non-existent here. Up in northern Arkansas they get snow consistently, but from central Arkansas and down it's not as common. We had a warm winter this year so it wasn't very cold.

Also since the state isn't use to getting freezing weather when we do get it most places close down and we have a lot of power outages. At least in my particular area.

We also have some of the strictest liquor laws though. We let the counties decide if they are dry or not and since we have a ton of churches with a lot of power most counties are still dry.

I forget Arkansas exists sometimes.

sure, if you're looking for other places in southern USA check out Birmingham, Alabama. It's really going places.

Another Buffalo River pic.

I live on the outside of a town called Hot Springs. It's a pretty cool place to visit, but I don't know about living there.

It has actual hot springs near it, and the downtown area has a lot of cool history. Al Capone and a lot of mob members use to take vacations there and stay in the Arlington. There used to be a lot of illegal gambling there back during those times.

>Al Capone
No surprise. Hillary's father Hugh Rodham kind of took over the operation after Capone was out of the picture
>muh father was a drape maker
lol

Also the springs, elevation, fertile land, location, and culture make it an ideal place if you're thinking to ride out whatever HAPPENING might or might not come to pass in our lifetimes. A lot of former Navy people there, who I guess might know something.

Yeah property is pretty cheap here. It would be an ideal place to buy land and build a home and ride out a happening.

The Clintons really are not liked here. Bill was only able to win because the Democratic party was somewhat more sane back then he was mostly centrist.

Everyone I talk to doesn't like the Clintons. Most of the old people here say the Clintons don't give a shit about the state because they practically abandoned it. They went to New York and rarely mention Arkansas.

The state went 60.6 percent for Trump so about 6 out of 10 voters here voted for him. Hillary got about 33% so she got about 3 out 10 voters. The rest voted 3rd party.

It's also pretty common to hear people bring up Clinton scandals around here too. I consistently heard people talk about Bill smuggling coke into the state while he was hear or all the women he had affairs with.

Maryland fag here, we only just now got snow. It was just a mild winter in the South.

Great fishing and outdoors. Lots of inbreeding and intra-family marriage. Strongly Christian.

>inbreeding

this is a meme