Why do millennials prefer living in the city instead of the suburbs?

Why do millennials prefer living in the city instead of the suburbs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3jMhoGUiIkk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They need that constant immediate satisfaction. Shops, food, everything constant and around them.

Like mosquitoes drawn to light.

For work, you idiot.

I don't want to drive 2 hours from a farming area into a big city to go to work, then drive 2 hours back home.

this

also easier to buy drugs

Stop working your cuck office job then.

I like it because I can walk anywhere pretty easily.

More to do

commuting you fucking NEET

Only city retards voted for Hillary. Rural and suburban people voted for Trump.

>city
>suburbs

>Not taking the ultimate redpill and living out in the country

>if you live in a city, you think liberal
I live in one of the largest cities here, yet im really conservative.

Population: 7M

MORE JOBS, JOBS AND JOBS.

The widespread suburbanization of the last century was just a brief, unsustainable, economic anomaly for the vast majority of the population. Cities are much more efficient and I think that the culture promoting it is being pushed by the need to do so rather than a simple baseless desire

The American suburbs are fucking disgusting, ugly as shit, everything looks the same, you need your car for everything, and the people seem fucking obnoxious. I don't get why anyone would want to live there.

Granted, I don't like the idea of living a huge American city, but I'd take that over the suburbs any day.

Watch the Mac and Dennis moves to the suburbs episode of IASIP.

I have a huge business I run, sometimes remotely you idiot.

Stop living with your parents you cuck millenial.

if you don't own a car, living in the suburbs is fucking awful.

most of us grew up in suburbs and don't wanna live that lifestyle

fuck that shit

If you think IASIP is even remotely applicable to real life...wew

They are useless communists. The city affords incomes to such people provided they are good carless gunless automatons who recycle on the regular.

So long as they have monies, they can survive being useless just fine. The stacked up cuck sheds are getting pretty nice these days too.

>live in the country
>no jobs, everything is done via nepotism
>live in the city
>extreme competition for jobs, a single room apartment is $1800/month

>I don't get why anyone would want to live there.

They tend to have decent schools and are really the only alternative if you want to live in a big house but not out on the country.

this is so fucking true

also, living in the city gives you a lot more leverage with employers bullshit because if your company tries to give you some shit then walking across the street and taking another job is no big deal whereas changing a job that involves a different commute or moving is literally an anchor around your neck

when an employer in a remote area knows that you are stuck in a mortgage with no other jobs in the area they will literally pull your shorts down and pump your ass whenever they please

>Watch the Mac and Dennis moves to the suburbs episode of IASIP.

Ironically Philadelphia has some of the nicest and oldest suburbs in the country, and IASIP is neither filmed in the area nor reflective of it. Sure there's ugly, cheap suburbs in the area. One of the first Levittowns is north of Philly, which are the sort of progenitors of exo-suburban sprawl

Pic related is within walking distance of my neighborhood, which is also filled with craftsman designed homes, and older homes.

You are competing incorrectly. It's still a kind og nepotism, only instead of being based on traditional values such as family obligation, it is based on political obligations.

You must advertise your approval of the new 100 genders, then you get the good job.

I'm not saying you have to believe it anymore than you would like taking orders from your third cousin Cletus. But that's how it's done.

all of us in the city own guns

do you actually register your firearms like a top tier cuck for the government?

Because its full of diverse communities where its easier to find a circle of friends that they can relate to instead of the one size fits all mentality of Sup Forums

Your fault for living the leafland

youtube.com/watch?v=3jMhoGUiIkk

I don't understand how people can complain about traffic in the city vs in the suburbs vs rural. I live out in rural Quebec and it takes me only 35 minutes to reach downtown by driving to the closest bus terminal and then taking a bus straight to the core.

If you live in the suburbs your commute will only be 15 minutes shorter at most, and if you use a car to get on the island it'll be longer. If you live on the Island you're doing to take just as long due to how shit the roads are to drive on and how long the overly complicated public transit system is once you get there.

Not sure if it's the case in other cities, but out here there's literally no reason not to live in the country side.

>boston irish catholic insulting philadelphia irish catholics

what am I supposed to get out of this? some mackerel snapping shits yelling in their horrendous dialects?

kek, i like this guy.

what are some nice nieghborhoods surrounding philly? i want to google maps some and admire.

>I don't understand how people can complain about traffic in the city vs in the suburbs vs rural.

>spends 1hour and 10minutes of work-related travel time every fucking day for zero pay and gets to pay for the privilege

my last job i could walk from my bed to my office desk in less than 120 seconds since my apartment building was next to my office at EA sports tiburon facility and it was the fucking dream

i could just waltz home during lunch and make a really nice meal and sit on my balcony over the pool. commuting is the ultimate garbage

>1 post by this id
>same pic and question posted repeatedly

sage and report bots.

>doesn't know the feds are watching every keystroke

Enjoy being v&d by Obongo's shadow government, retard.

the cathedral pic I posted is Bryn Athyn, which is formerly a majority Swedenborgian (some Victorian/Edwardian New Church movement) area. It's a really beautiful area, it's surrounded by Lower Moreland which is where I live, which is nice but can be a bit ugly in the commercial areas, we have one of the best public school districts in the country or something. Chestnut Hill is nice. It really depends on how you define "surrounding" as there are plenty of still ok traditional suburbs, most are poor and black now, and then there's the far out newer "sub"urbs that are mostly white and wealthy.

I have a pet project that I have been doing research on which is gentrification of the Germantown neighborhood, I'm from a Mennonite background and see it basically as "our Boston" in the US. It's really poor and black but has several important historical landmarks

Congratulations, you had a situation that less then 1% of city dwellers can claim while still paying 4 times as much for rent as I do on my mortgage for a place 1/5th the size.

Meanwhile most people take at least a half hour to get to their job even in cities.

Because chipotle

Because millennials can't afford the suburbs. Why would I go pay $800-1000 for a room (not including utilities) over there when I can go live in an apartment and pay $250-400. I live in a 3 bedroom which costs 850, utilities included and my neighbor doesn't charge me for internet.

Suburbia has no future, it will be dead within a generation or two.

i'm patiently waiting ever since the first person told me this years ago after posting pics of my guns and other questionable shit like drugs im currently in possession of

you have no fucking idea how big my place was or how much i was paying so i'm not sure how you are so certain about statement

i'm currently working from home and don't even have an office to report to. i'm banking so much money it's unreal.

mr money moustache did a rough analysis of the economics of commuting on his blog and it came out to be 100k$ over 10 years from the costs of travel and i think the unpaid time was included

>100k$ over 10 years

That's not even close to the difference between paying rent within a 20 minute commute to a high paying job downtown and my mortgage for a place that's the same size.

Though I suppose it's a moot point since I'm not working downtown anyway, my commute is a 10 minute drive.

>for a place that's the same size
not sure why people need large places to live. other than office time and basic living activities like eating and sleeping i'm rarely home and 1000-1200 sq ft is far more than i need to be happy

i don't pat rack a bunch of clutter and material things to try to make myself happy

Because some of us aren't living alone and have families to take care of.

Cities are no place to raise kids.

Stay off the gravel.

LMAO this is me
>tfw none of my friends are employed because everyone is looking for tradesfags of 5+ years of experience
>tfw we all just work shit-tier part time jobs to get by while going to school
>tfw gov brags about our job growth when it's just a bunch of part time jobs
>the only people working are those who know a friend or have family in busniess
>have people suggest code monkey/office cuck job because Big City Lyfe
>realize it's dominated by Poo's and Changs, uber competitive

Honestly considering moving to America. Canada is a joke.

Fuck off, we're full.

I love Emma Stone.

Clean your fucking nails, crackhead.

bump

Difficult to manage a car on low wages.

There's more jobs and opportunity there. Ironically though, I might be moving to a small town for work.

Hue monkey slide post

He always posts same pic in the OP

Sage

Never fell so close to a fucking leaf.