What is the reason the right will win the culture war and why is it Jordan Peterson

What is the reason the right will win the culture war and why is it Jordan Peterson

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_UL-SdOhwek
youtube.com/watch?v=75ERk2yNL2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=4YqKf3v2aPs
youtube.com/watch?v=go22wxBDvj0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I fucking love JBP. Here's why he's so good: because he understands that young males today don't know what the fuck they're doing, and he offers a solution to this. He provides a socially healthy standard that men can live up to: that is, shouldering your responsibility, realising that life involves a huge amount of suffering, facing your fears head on and slaying them, and SORTING YOURSELF OUT.

This is why he's so good.

Feels>reals. Peterson is possessed by the same god as Evola was, he's even acknowledged it.

>/nu/pol: WE'RE WINNING THE CULTURE WAR LMAO. WE ARE ANYMOOSE WE ARE LEJON

please fuck off with this plebddit bullshit

Has Peterson discussed Evola? I would be interested in hearing that.

what's the basic gestalt on evola

>he doesn't want to win the culture war
Get a load of this cuck.

He should run for PM

How long is this forced meme going to continue of jp? at least change your shill flags occasionally.

I'd love to hear that, but no. Even if he wants to I don't think he would, he's too dangerous. But look at the reaction here, at 32:35 when the guy says "I hear a lot of echoes of Evola in what you're saying".
youtube.com/watch?v=_UL-SdOhwek

And then he throws out a straw-man about the alt-right. I'm not sure about that one. Maybe it's a nice out, since the minds of everyone "alt-right" can mean anything from libertarian, absolute chaos, to Nazis, absolute order. Nationalism is not a complete ideology, that's not an insight at all and nobody would oppose that.

It's not a forced meme. He's just /our guy/ and should be celebrated at every available opportunity, because he is probably the best person around who can talk, in detail, about how Western morality has collapsed in recent years.

Never even heard of the guy- but the ideas posted in his threads on Sup Forums are worthwhile.

Here comes the fun police.

Civilization is in decline and you're caught in this time period

There's nothing you can do about it

Ride the tiger that is civilizational decline and the personal challenges that entails

In practice, support Trump and hope that somehow brings about a new victorian golden age like the one Evola saw slip through his fingers

>implying victorian sensibilities weren't what got us here in the first place
>muh romance
>muh women's suffrage
>etc

no he's /yourguy/ in hopes you can make some shekels forcing him on Sup Forums. chill the fuck out with it before weaponized autism bites you in the ass.

hmm interesting, that is what a lot of "redpill" men's sexual strategy circles are also alluding to as well.

a tactical nihilist appears!

Part of the reason I don't take Evola as seriously as /litpol/ does is that what he's saying would be true even if we lived in one of the golden ages. Say you're born in 1700s Netherlands/UK or 1900 USA. Is it ok to be a weakling untermensch just because society is on the upswing?

Half the reason the Nazis made the übermensch/untermensch distinction in the first place was to promote middling/betas to find the best in themselves and become perfect avatars of their nietzchean archetypes. Disabled etc obviously didn't have a chance at this and were judged to bring society down. Logical conclusion being eugenic DNA perfection where you weed out even marginal disadvantages

It's not as fucked up as most people make it out to be, President Kennedy had a /fit/ program for america for the exact same reason (listen to the speech - "strong populace" etc)

youtube.com/watch?v=75ERk2yNL2Y

point being, you should be striving to be the best version of yourself anyway.

I don't think that defeatism is what should define Evola. I'm not very well read but Jonathan Bowden has a talk about him on youtube and it's very interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=4YqKf3v2aPs

well having not known about evola, but i know a little about the manosphere. I don't think they would describe it as defeatism but as adaptation; being able to take advantage, or atleast know the game and hold your own.

Well I know almost nothing about the manosphere but it seems to me to be very base and non-spiritual, and possessed by the pursuit of meaningless sex and perhaps understandable but immature contempt for women.

Bear in mind the guy had to endure the flaming leftism that was the 60s and 70s. France and Italy barely avoided communist revolutions. Dumb cunts in America were protesting for abortions while men were being drafted to go die in vietnam for no fucking reason. A sound Republican president had to resign because of some bullshit the press kicked up.

If he sounds pessimistic it's because shit was really bad.

but read his fucking books, what are you, niggers?

a 70/23 ratio in dduubbss has blessed this thread

>looking for philosophy in meathead /fit/-lite websites

goddamnit sweden

They certainly have a philosophy, but it's not beneficial to anyone. I'm obviously not looking for answers there but critiquing the answers I see coming from them.

sounds like a waste of time to me

go listen to this instead

youtube.com/watch?v=go22wxBDvj0

yeah on the surface that really is what it is, but there is a lot of depth if you dig enough.
A lot of people look into the manosphere because they have contempt for women, and want to have free pussy or whatever.

But there is no easy weird old tricks to being a better man, so those kinds of topics are only surface deep.

The deepest foundation of the movement is building yourself up to be a person that is actually worth fucking. And ironically the end result is you not really caring about getting pussy. It is about protecting your resources (like time and sanity)

thank you for the links btw, sounds p interesting, not heard him discussed much here

we need to listen to his criticism.
he sees holes in people's ideologies.
if you all think he is an enemy, his actual advice is to listen to enemies, they will point our your flaws.

What you say is entirely true, but you're missing the crucial element of why these virtues of strength and perserverence are even more important when society is on the downturn: when everything is falling apart it's so much easier to lose hope, than when everything's going great.

When you're surrounded by walking corpses who have all already given up to degeneracy and nihilism, without any strong role model to base your own actions on, it's easy to fall victim to the same paralyzing vices.

Even most plebes will practice good virtues in a good society, but it takes real conviction and strength to hold onto those good virtues in a bad society.

When society is majority good, even if you fail, there will be others holding onto the good virtues and spreading them, but when society is crumbling every single person who can still recognize good virtue is vital, because it is possible for these virtues of tradition to vanish entirely. The aristocrats of the soul need to ride the tiger in the face of this adversity and remember and practice the good virtues through the hardships, until society can be reborn.

This is a good analysis of JBPs popularity

On the topic, why is it that men pursue philosophy a lot more than women?

idk i'm a misogynist but i think women enact solipism, but ironically lack introspection in a way that let's them question deeply about society.

You're misunderstanding. He's extremely useful to me and I wish he'd give a serious critique of nationalism instead of just "it's bad because authoritarianism" when authoritarianism isn't inherent to nationalism. Especially with his knowledge of Nietzsche and Jung.

>Virtuous people are more valuable when they are rare

Fair point.

And yet, I still struggle to see Evola as anything more than a light version of Ayn Rand/ Nietzsche. Rand would tell you to give the middle finger to a society that you consider wrong, and nietzsche would say the societal mores shouldn't matter to you even if they are good

Evola's only real distinction is that he adheres to the broadly defined "western civilization" - christianity, enlightenment, etc. But even here he's hankering for a period that was meh at best. Shilling for the italian monarchy for example is questionable as fuck.

This guy is a complete idiot, he just happens to be on the right side. The logic he used to get there is bunk.

He's the court wizard, not the king

wtf flag is this m8

>Turks and Caicos Islands
Oh you wish you where Caicos you roach.

Nearly all women are sensors, more men are intuitive and thus concerned with theories

RARE
A
R
E