Spacefaring civilisation

If we want to achieve the level of civilisation capable of interstellar or even just inner-solar travel, Earth would need to unify and be governed by a single worldwide government.

For that to happen, we need globalism. Do we agree on that?

We only disagree about how and at what pace we should implement globalism?

Other urls found in this thread:

astronautix.com/s/seadragon.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We will reach it faster if we exterminate all lower lifeforms holding us back such as yourself.

Eliminate religion before globalism and humans will go far.

why?
isn’t Sup Forums pro-christianity?

Religion is the single worst development in our history

>If we want to achieve the level of civilisation capable of interstellar or even just inner-solar travel, Earth would need to unify and be governed by a single worldwide government.
That sounds like a great way of never getting to space.

No, to get to space we need nationalism and inter-political competition. We had the most funding for NASA when we had to compete with the Soviets, but then they collapsed and we decided it wasn't worth it anymore. Well lets do it again, and we'll make it a proper space race.

>globalism unite nations
top kek good meme

Globalism would be fine if it were Christian.

No it fueled scientific discoveries and progressed human civilization through sacrifice

How does religion in any way inhibit the advancement of science? Don't give me that shit about the Middle Ages either because if it weren't for Christianity earlier scientific knowledge would have been completely lost.

Any religion numbs the mind and stops people from moving forwards towards a better future. Instead, everything has to stay the same and everyone thinking different is ostracised

But religion helps retain values, which are lost in atheistic societies. I agree the belief in god is stupid, but the values are important for the cultures.

You can have competition without nationalism. Just look at SpaceX

That is a very ignorant and baseless statement

How is the belief in God stupid?

I'm 100% sure that there's already ships patrolling the solar system for any incoming intruders (Secret Space Program).

Mars might even be colonized right now, how would we even know?

We, as the every day citizens of the Earth, mean absolutely nothing.

Mostly thanks to people challenging what the church made everyone believe was the right thing without any actual evidence except for muh sacred book

>How does religion in any way inhibit the advancement of science?

Consider the fact that the world's most common religion doesn't really go well with the concept of a spacefaring civilization.

sorry, wrong word.. it’s just in a conflict with scientific methods.

>777
Islam will never coexist with any other belief. That is the fundamental problem.

oy vey lets pay more taxes so few people could go to space and moon and tell us lies how earth is round and that landing wasn't filmed at a studio...

Sorry, I like my monziez, not interested in giving them to the jews so they can look for 4 planets among billion of planets that we couldn't even get to for a few hundred years even if we start now

Fuck off, religion has nothing to do with it. We need to kill off all the world problems, muslims, spics, niggers, commies/liberals.

Dont think so, every religion claims to have the solution to every answer so why change anything?

Because religious nuts will be the first to cause chaos if aliens were found.

>religion has nothing to do
>kill muslims

Globalism and unification would happen after we get to space. When it didn't matter what race your parents were but what planet you're from.

Those filthy saturn cucks will never be Aryan like us Venuszoids

If we want to achieve the level of civilisation capable of interstellar or even just inner-solar travel, Earth would need to unify and be governed by a single worldwide government.

says who?

we are not built for true globalism. only a hemogenous peoples could ever have a chance of being governed by a worldwide globalist government and even then it would be difficult.

we can traverse the universe without all that we just need a group of stable allied countries

No I disagree completely. It will be private corporations which turn is into a multi-planet species, mark my words. When companies realise how much money there is to be made in space, then that's when the space race truly begins.

We don't need Big Government to get into space.

How much do you miss yugoslavia in order to produce such shit threads?

Thanks for having my back bro

it's all about resources and priorities. Under the current world conditions yes it makes sense a one world government would benefit space programs because without having to spend nearly as much on military shit we could focus more on space science.. but not necessarily required.

Dis

>isn’t Sup Forums pro-christianity?

Nope.

Not really, no.

The only thing that has ever motivated governments to invest lots of money into space tech is the threat of war with another great power. The end of the Cold War is why our expansion into space has stagnated for 20 years.

If we had a unified global government, we'd never get anywhere. All the money would go to entitlement spending for the third world, dooming mankind.

How do you know Space X isn't motivated by nationalism at all? Hasn't the government funded space X like NASA? Being the first to reach planets before other nations is always going to be a motivator for as long as countries exist, and countries will always exist for as long as ethnic groups do.

I mean the civilisation that has already explored much of the solar system and has begun using its resources.
The first step (exploration) is always risky and costly

it is more of a common sense, nothing to do with religion

>Eliminate religion before globalism and humans will go far.

DA FUQ NIGGA ..

THE GOD EMPEROR WILL USHER US TO NEW WORLDS ACROSS THE STARS.

Complete and total bullshit.

If you want to get out into the solar system, you need less government, and more profit motive.

The best any government can do is to half-ass something. Half-assing your army is ok, because they only fight other half-assed armies. But half-assing your space efforts is why only 12 humans have ever walked somewhere other than on the earth, and less that 2 dozen humans have ever been as far as the moon.

You want humans to get somewhere they haven't been before and make a real go at it? Historically, we have managed to succeed at that by granting a license to a company to do it. Why ignore all of history, which shows us what works well, what barely works, and what fails.

The government has done nothing but hamper humans getting out into space and making a real go at it. A one world government has zero reason to send humans out into space to make a colony. So a one world government would not bother sending any humans to space. After all, under a one world government, there is no alternatives for humans on earth. It's their way or death. And you can bet they aren't going to let a bunch of humans escape their rule to make their own living and society in space, beyond their rule and reach.

Scientists have generally not been in contention with the Church, in a few cases yes; but the Church is not infallible. Are you saying that without religion science would be more advanced? How are the two incompatible; to the contrary, many astronauts have been Christians

>Earth would need to unify and be governed by a single worldwide government.

The explosion in the nigger population overwhelms the global welfare state, people begin fighting each other based on race/religion. The global government dissolves to infighting and we end up back where we were a hundred or more years earlier, except now our fossil fuels have been depleted even more, and we're still nowhere close to colonizing space.

If you really want the future you desire, you need to be in favor of mass sterilization of low IQ populations. Engage in a controlled form of globalization where countries aren't allowed to join in until they meet certain benchmarks for a modern stable society. Didn't the Star Trek Federation have rules about who gets to join them and under what conditions? They didn't just hand over technology and then open their borders to every primitive species they discovered.

Nice try. No one but rich nerds has any desire to build a space civilization. We'd rather have our national sovereignty and culture, instead of your globalcucked vision of the world.

It isn't really in conflict, it is just separate from them.

Yeah, look at every Christian countries in Europe, how they retained their values.
If you want to retain values then convert to Islam, but then again it's the biggest brainwashing religion.
Religion is something we'll have to overcome if we, as a species want to be an advanced civilization.
For centuries religion held us back, because the more you know about the world, the less they control you.
Oh also the belief in any god is fucking retarded. It's basically "Dude in the sky said give me your food or he will unleash his wrath upon you, because I'm a messenger of him".
Values shouldn't be tied to religion.

Wrong way around.
A single worldwide government would be the results of interstellar space exploration.

Actually the fastest way would be to enslave half or three quarters of the population to work for the most intelligent half. So Oded Yinon and NWO, mmkay goys.

>troll posts pro-globalism thread on Sup Forums
>claims it is necessary for space exploration when the greateat space advancements came from two competing, not cooperating, governments in the cold war and modern private ventures.
>trolls turn this into religious debate because why not make this shitty troll thread worse

we need to create something similar to christianity which doesnt revolve around a beleif in god. somehow we need to show people that a society structerd around a nuclear family that rejects hedonism creates a good society. christianity is on its way out and the sooner we accept that the sooner we can move on from this degenerate society we live in now

It has the solution to every religious thing; science has no solutions for the spiritual needs of people

this
and also not communism

>there is only one direction for history to move in

wrong you marxist faggot

space capitalism is a perfectly plausible scenario and we already have three fucking viable private space companies providing space services to a space economy

I for one look forward to owning an asteroid patrolled by the coca cola® police

Except in the few cases that the church actually saw their beliefs threatened you mean? Like with geocentrism, creationism, the age of the earth...

Also one of the pillars of christianity is that the pope, as the minister of god on earth is, in fact, infallible. Now we now is bullshit but this was believed through centuries

no. we need bold adventurers willing to take huge risks in the name of greed. That's how we discovered the world, that's how we will discover the universe.

Never going to happen.
Filth dies in the muck and gets devoured by toxic scum.
Enjoy your short miserable lives, you are lucky it isn't worse.
>Edgy

We just don't want Jew brand gloabalism

The problem starts when those spiritual answers are intertwined with how the phisical world works

Religion is not the only answer to spirituality. I am entirely non-religious and I believe myself to be sufficiently spiritual.

I remember when I was an edgy "out of the box" teenager.

Current globalism is a couple elite families trying to make a buck at all costs. Flooding america with brown stupid people to lower wages but still try to charge the current rate for goods and services, uncaring that if everyone is too poor to afford anything thier over priced goods wont sell.

the earth should be unified under imperialism, not globalism

We just need to get rid of two of them. Islam, and most of Judaism.

There is one who can make it happens. Nazi. Too bad, they defeated by the entire world.

There is absolutely no need for humanity to become a starfaring civilization.

But if we were to become one:

1. we would never leave the solar system, so there is no need for a unified government
2. if we somehow developed an FTL drive that allowed colonization and fast communication, there would still be no need for a unified government.

If the jews weren't a factor (i.e. they're all dead and forgotten) Earth should be declared a sanctuary, where all nations remain as they are, with their ethnicities and borders untouched, forever, by decree. Any country violating this rule would be attacked by all other countries. Then, countries could fare freely and independantly on space, even wage war against each other for resources.

If the jews are still a factor, every non-white race should be extinguished from the face of the Earth. Then, a unified white civilization a la Holy Roman Empire would rise and colonize the stars unchallenged.

This retard thinks that we aren't already a space-faring species.

>Earth would need to unify and be governed by a single worldwide government
how about a number of decentralized government that work for a common goal... decentralised for obvious safety reason.

Actually, it's efforts at global governance which have held us back from interplanetary travel. Specifically, the Orion program was sidelined by arms control treaties. If the U.S. government had been willing to tell the Soviets, "fuck you, we dare ya ta start WW3", then we'd have interplanetary battlecruisers right now. International competition fed the space race and got us to the moon. International cooperation has held us back ever since.

>globalism
humanity should never be united, competition drives us forward

>no need for space civilization
says the shit hole countries that will be left behind while real countries ensure the survival of humans

This is exactly why globalization is bad for space. The countries that will bitch and moan that money is going to space now will cry for mighty empires like the USA to save them for free when Earth's expiration date approaches.

Globalism is probably inevitable, but it should happen gradually and naturally. Any concerted effort to implement it forcibly is not only unethical, it will destabilize the world and cause far-right nationalist backlash.

Don't listen to these fools. If we are to properly colonize space, we will have to bring God with us like we did the Western Hemisphere, no holds barred

Humans will never become a spacefaring race.

we have to stop caring about humans dying in space

humans WILL die in space.

it's how they die and how we react to the things that kill them that will determine our trajectory

I remember when I was 5 years old and believed in fairy tales.

You retard. That concept of "infinite growth, no other way but to go up!" is jewish capitalist bullshit.

Give me 1 (one) reason why going into space is necessary in any way.

Don't u fucking realize that all of this space exploration shit that's being pushed (SpaceX, etc) is done ONLY to be able to say we need a globalized government?

Such a useful idot. Also, like a good american, he can't avoid to inslt another country. You're so pathetci, even more ironic than Sweden or Germoney insulting other countries.

>Don't give me that shit about the Middle Ages either because if it weren't for Christianity earlier scientific knowledge would have been completely lost.

Proves nothing.
That doesn't change the fact that Christianity was the reason that europe was a shithole for so long, and underwent the enlightenment and scientific revolution in SPITE of religious dogma.

Also look at the islamic world. There was a time where they were the center of knowledge and scientific advancement, until a surge of islamic fundamentalism overtook the region, and remains a shithole to this day.

The universe belongs to America.
Our Culture is the world culture.

Not sure what you're talking about. All I saw was books of lineages, verifiable historical accounts, and stories which served as celestial or moral metaphors.

A simple mind sees simple things.

>all nations who pioneered spacefaring are/were from a christian background
>Christianity is bad for science

Niggers probably also believe the dark ages meme.

Can you verify those historical events for me?

I think private companies will colonize the stars long before the government does. There will be lots of money in planet cracking once the earth starts getting low on resources.

More like a global congress, this starts with the currently underdeveloped and underpowered UN. It would help if Russia stopped being regressive, their contributions are needed further into the space age.

Soon.

fpbp

I'm 100% sure you don't know much about orbital mechanics.

Sure? Which would you like to know? The invasions of the Chaldeans? The folklore of Ireland which proved that the northern Iberians were once Celtic peoples(confirmed through genetic haplogroups)? Maybe the invasion paths and major players in the Levant region(the tribes are described in Old testament)? Understanding Roman law in the context of it's application on foreign subjects?

Not sure which part you can possibly find arguable.

>Earth would need to unify and be governed by a single worldwide government
Why? What makes it impossible for someone to find a way to traverse large distances in space tomorrow? What makes it impossible for a single nation to build a ship based on that and just start exploring and colonizing?

We need to go bigly into space:

astronautix.com/s/seadragon.html

But can you really verify any of that? No? It's okay little guy, you tried.

>Do we agree on that?
To some extent yes, and just like I said in the last thread, the EU must be reformed, NOT dismantled.

The EU is the only flexible "nation", if you can call it so, that isn't entangled in a cemented million-page catalogue of laws and is still subject to radical changes. The EU is therefor the only nation on Earth that can reform in a Technocracy and achieve your dream, while it just takes too much for a country like the US to abandon their constitution, or China to abandon communism.

That is why people should stop fucking shilling against the EU and strive to balkanize it by inciting -exits, because the EU can and WILL be fixed. In fact, fellow Americans, the EU can be reformed into the last bastion of whiteness should the immigrants be stopped (and they will soon enough). Your country is decaying and not even Trump can bleach the rest 45% of your population. Stop trying to kill the EU, you're killing the last white spot on Earth.

>we need globalism.
there is no globe, champion.
How about you take your space bullshit back to Sup Forums?

The middle ages weren't a "dark age". Agriculture, weaponry, and ship building technology all advanced considerably during that time.

Christianity didn't inhibit the scientific revolution, it drove it. The first universities were built by the church, and the church educated the earliest scientists. The christian ideal of "continuous revelation" was the basis for most scientific enquiry until the late 19th century.

Much is made of renaissance era squabbles over astronomy, but leftist historians omit the fact that the heliocentric model was rejected on scientific, not religious grounds. Ancient scholars understood the concept of parallax, and believed that the lack of parallax in star position proved the earth and the stars had a fixed relationship, something which only made sense if the Earth was the stable center of the cosmos. They couldn't comprehend how distant the stars actually were, and we did not develop means of detecting stellar parallax until the late modern era. The inability of the heliocentrism to account for the lack of observable stellar parallax, cast the heliocentric model into doubt well into the modern era.

Islam was never "the center of knowledge and scientific advancement". The Islamic world had a brief golden age as a result of having conquered and united the two great empires of Rome and Persia. The decline from that age can be attributed to the Islamic claim of being the final revelation; a claim which stifles innovation. That claim stands in contrast to the Christian ideal of continuous revelation; an ideal which drives innovation.

wew my spanish lad she is a qtpi
where she from

>flat earther
>doesn't believe in space

????

Only two things required, actually.

>cheap atmospheric re-entry
>profitable asteroid mining

That will open up the solar system fucking fast.

Luckily we have the private space industry working tirelessly on both things right now.

>Earth would need to unify and be governed by a single worldwide government.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No.

You just need to poach the smartest men in the world.

>Can't verify the things found in religious books, can you?
>Just ignore all of ancient history. Caesar never crossed the rubicon, it was a fanfic.

Imagine basing your historical information on less than a few dozen copies, or less than a dozen in some cases, of books like "Meditations", "Gilgamesh", or "The Gallic War" and then having tens of thousands of surviving copies of the new testament to fight against.

Prepare both your history books and your anal circumference.

Yes
Implement it before the age of Aquarius.

It's not globalism, it's Americanism world wide.

>Give me 1 (one) reason why going into space is necessary in any way.

Earth can’t sustain us forever. Spreading out gives us more chance of survival long-term.
If we colonise the solar system, we’ll be safer from the asteroids.
If we manage to go beyond that, we might be able to escape the black holes, supernovas. It’s just a matter of time before one of those things happens. And if by some chance it doesn’t, our sun isn’t going to be there forever.