College

Young cunt here, I'm 18 and I've been accepted to all the colleges I've applied to.
Is College really worth it? I feel like I'm just walking into a debt just to be surrounded by a bunch of leftist bullshit.
What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

khanacademy.org/
wallstreetmojo.com/cfa-vs-cipm/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What degree are you planning on getting young blood? We can't tell you if it's worth it without that knowledge.

Also, state school? Ivy League? Private? What are we talking here?

>Is College really worth it
stem yes

anything else is starcucks barista tier degree faggot

I'm thinking of a political science degree, Politics is a big passion of mine, but honestly Idk, id like to get a marketable degree.
I'm betweena private school and a state school that's out of state

pick a quantitative major
breeze through the mandatory libshit classes
join clubs
network with smart peers and professors
intern/co-op
???
300k starting

>mfw I can't do Mathematics if my life depended on it
Could so still do stem?

Went to "college" to work on cars. Shit was a breeze, only 11k for 2 years and im done make 25hr. If all goes well i could be making 100k+ a yr by 40.

I did political science and history and I went to law school right after undergrad. Is this what you plan to do? Political science is a great study IF you have professors that don't just share your opinions. I would recommend meeting the teachers in the department and figuring out if they're liberal or not.

My professors were pretty mixed when it came to political views. Real political science professors make sure to tell you that guys like Machiavelli were right and that they were the true fathers of political science, not Karl Marx or any of the other cucks that some professors worship.

If you plan to go to law school, or you want to become a professor, go for it, but PLEASE do not be one of those people who do the degree and expect a job with graduate and post-graduate. It isn't that type of study

Worth it if you truly have talent. If not, better off doing something else. Be real with yourself, and figure it out.

Useless.

If you don't do STEM of business, don't go to college.

Trades school is an option.

You should also look into joining the military. You can get experience as an electrician and then walk out with a decent load of saved money, and then you can make 50k a year starting salary as an electrician in the private sector.

>I've been accepted to all the colleges I've applied to.

That's because it's a scam

Be a police officer instead, some departments don't require any college courses. Being young is an advantage because you haven't done any hard drugs or lived in 1000 places so you can pass the background check / lie detector easily

No dude. Simply put, if you aren't inherently good at math, don't force yourself to struggle through STEM. Some people are just bad at math. You have plenty of options outside it

Thanks, do you know what would be a "marketable degree"? I'd love to get into something like stem but I get anally raped by Mathematics EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

>is it worth it

Depends on what college you're getting a degree from and how much money/debt you are spending on it.

Pick a degree which will actually get you a career like engineering.

The school I'm looking at is a small private one, it's like 24k with all the costs factored in

>it's a scam
Honestly I kind of think so too, it all seems like a "sales pitch" you know?

Is it a prestigious school? Because paying lots for a degree at a mediocre private school isn't always smart.

stem, business, or a trade school.
its all about your connections. work hard, meet people who share your goals (it's possible even in the most leftist of colleges) get an internship. you will ascend above the hell that is our modern college campus. if none of the fields I mentioned above really tickle your fancy, just remind yourself who you are, and take your passion with you.

You do not need to do your passion as a job to be happy in life.

Unfortunately, most undergraduate degrees no longer mean a damn thing. It's the equivalent to a high school diploma 30 years ago. If you want to get somewhere in your field, you need post undergrad studies unless you do STEM, and by STEM of course I mean engineering or coding or something, and if you aren't naturally good at math, don't do it.

A marketable degree for undergrad could be accounting, finance, or business. Even then most of those require masters. If you wanted to do political science, I would recommend shooting to go to law school afterwards, or to study for a PhD, but if you want to go to law school, then make sure you are going to work very hard in undergrad and apply for top 14 law schools.

Good luck, I would say go if you won't be swamped with debt after undergrad. Try things out and don't pick something you dislike or think you will regret. Sometimes going with what you're passionate with is a good idea, but MAKE SURE you know the necessary steps you need to take post undergrad to get a job in your field of study

>prestigious
Idk, it's like the cheapest school I've been accepted to though, even state schools are more expensive

If you aren't sure what you want to do and are worried about debt, look into the military. Plenty of non combat jobs that teach skills (in some cases, anyway) that are useful on the outside, and the GI Bill pays for school once you are out. A lot less lefty bullshit as well, but it's definitely still there in today's military thanks to political agendas seeping in.

Going to Georgetown next year.
Gonna hopefully become a Sup Forums approved politician. Otherwise I'll just become an investment banker.

You are just a dollar sign to them. They prey on naive youths craving acceptance nuturing special snowflake syndrome.

Follow my advise and become a cop if you want. You're going to probably end up fighting a lot of black people with your cop friends, apparently assaults on officers are skyrocketing, so hit the gym. They also give you ufc type classes and an assortment of weapons though so you'll be fine

ignore the leftist bullshit. it might be hard but just focus on why you're there in the first place and that is to earn an education and experience in something you are interested in.

For this I should say, if you want take some courses in Criminal Justice as some departments require some college

that is completely wrong. anyone is able to learn math if they stick to it long enough.

I've always been told that you need a bachelors degree to be a cop

It sucks cock, both my Grandfathers were cops in NYC with just a highschool degree

If you want a marketable degree and are shit at math, business is always an option. People always go on about "muh stem" but honestly business is where its at. More jobs, better starting pay, and if you get really good at finance, sky is the limit in terms of salary.

No.

It depends on the department and there's thousands of them. For instance DC metro transit requires no college and just eliminated their written entry exam , so it varies

no, im dead serious, if you are not good with math or intensely detailed memorization you are fucked before you even started.

I guess part of my problem is that I don't know what to do in college, I really don't understand why so many jobs require degrees
>math
Ever since 8th grade I have not been able to understand mathematics in the slightest

What are the mines like in Australia? I heard they have many different types of work with those. I know the industry is declining but I'm still interested

These niggas are retarded.

You're just a lazy cuck who doesn't want to put in the effort to learn math.
Guaranteed if you want a good paying job, you'll find a way to get "good" at math.

It's like any skill, if you don't put in the effort prepare to be retarded.

What do you do with business?
I really don't see the outcomes of many of these degrees, like if I do business will I just end up in a cubicle farm? Idk

College is only worth it if you can put it on a complete resume

I would never go to an out-of-state school or a private school. If your state's flagship public university is top-tier, there's no discernible difference in terms of salary between them and private.

Fuck no. If you go stem get in and out and get a job. But really, just get a job now as a surveyor or oil pipeline guy, and make a fuckton of White babys

Loser you suck at math

that is a common problem in which most college/university students don't really have a solid direction and its completely understandable. some degrees can take many years and hard work so to invest all those inner resources into something like is a huge commitment.
i thought i was the same but recently began relearning primary and high school math and i've picked it up rather easily. i suggest this website: khanacademy.org/
it goes through the basics and up to advanced levels of mathematics and numerous other subjects and it makes it extremely easy to understand.

i think the mines are always hiring, mainly tradesman like fitter and turners, electricians, mechanical engineers but would probably even hire general labourers, truckdrivers, transport and logistic personnel etc. a mine would encompass many different occupations so id imagine theres always an opportunity to be had.

>surveyor
>oil pipeline
How do you get these jobs? I live in CT, do I just go to a company's website or something?

The in state schools I've been accepted to are still more expensive than the private school I'm looking at
>Stop moving by me!

>moving
Mocking

Fuck college and learn a trade

i don't know if it's a shitty degree or not but you could do computer systems or something like that, not computer engineering and not computer science (since those require calculus and differential equations and shit)

Well, shit. NC's public schools are all super cheap. I know California is steep, but I figured cheaper would be the norm for most places. I'd still recommend going to the cheapest option, but is also a good school.

If I became a licensed vocational trucker in the US (construction trucks, and such) would that carry over to Australia?

isn't private school less money or nah?? Debt sucks but whatever

I think it's a good school, Andrew Card the former White House chief of staff under bush, was the president of the school, Franklin pierce

i wouldn't know, but im sure it wouldnt take long to find out. i dont even know if the license class system is the same in australia as it is in the usa. should be interesting to research

The private school is less money with all costs factored in, and I hear with the more siblings going to college, the price goes down, so if my sister goes to college next year after me, then the price will go down

Avoid debt, OP. Choose the best bang for your buck.

For instance, I will plan law school soon. I am reviewing my options. While I have a good shot at getting into Harvard, Colombia, and even Yale, I am more interested in schools like Wisconsin - very high avg. starting salary, job placement, comparatively lower tuition, and *HUGE* opportunities for scholarships.

Treat debt like cancer in your life, mate. This is the best advice anyone will give you about this decision.

This pretty much. Being a lawyer is hell and business is an equally viable option if you want to get into politics.

>College gives a discount if siblings also sign up
That sounds shifty as fuck, I'd steer clear of that uni if I were you

If you do poli-sci double major in math/statistics. Focus on the science-y part and less on the political theory/philosophy. Don't go to law school unless you get into a t14 and even then you have to be in like the top 1/3 of the class.

If you go to school pick something that has a practical application. Start browsing job boards and see what majors employers are looking for and what skills they require. Unless you're already rich, in which case study whatever you're passionate about.

No I heard that's a thing between private schools in general I mean

Do not fucking go to out of state schools. The tuition is a scam and state schools are for losers (unless we're talking about UC's and a few others). What private school did you get into?

That sounds dumb, doesn't even sound like a plan. No to that uni

Dude I go to Franklin Pierce kek. Where do you live New Hampshire? Mass?

Got into a few Hampden Sydney, but that was too pricy, Franklin Pierce is the one I'm looking at now, it's the cheapest option I have

Lol CT what year are you?

m8, whatever you do learn mathematics and statistics. Nowadays, this also implies learning some basic programming, so do it.

it's mostly shitty consulting jobs

it's not challenging but you work longer than average hours and it still demands your full attention and taxes your mind. don't do it.

I meant I went* sorry. Yeah it was a good school

What do you guys think of an applied analytics focus?
Still deciding major.

Its incredibly worth it, if you spend your time wisely and major in something real.

t dropped out of fine arts program and went into trades

If you are getting a political science degree go to the cheapest school. Political Science is a shit major/degree so it doesn't really matter

Fuck man
>went
Sad
Checked
Nice pic my dude

Very, very nice.

You can get outside certs in it tho. You might go for something like Org. Behavior, or Management, and get certs in Applied Analytics.

poli-sci is fine as long as your program actually teaches the science part. If they teach how to use stuff like SPSS or SQL you should learn real job skills.

Yeah FP isn't a bad school. Tour the school first and meet the teachers in the political science department. I really loved the teachers there dude. You cant beat southern new Hampshire either it's a great place. Only thing that sucked was the food. Housing was fucking great

I've been to the campus it was great.
My dad actually knows Andrew Card, he was on his detail in the secret service

>2017
>paying for your own propaganda

yes. I went to three different colleges and wish i would have just stayed and made friends.

read this: FRESHMAN YEAR IS OF PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE TO MAKE FRIENDS. YOU MUST INTEGRATE YOURSELF INTO A SOCIAL CIRCLE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

preferably greek or athletes because they get the most pussy, but if not find an honor society or smart people to be with.

Yeah I was thinking something along the lines of management. Thanks.

Welder here. Be weary of the trades meme. The 'skills gap' they talk about is mostly bullshit. Those positions they can't fill are the ones demanding 10 years of experience for fast food wages. But if you really want to get into the trades, heed my advice. Don't do welding, machining, or carpentry. Great skills to learn, not good careers, although there are some exceptions.

You want to do electrician, HVAC, or plumber. Mechanic depends on what kind and where.

I met him plenty of times. Andrew Card is the man. Great guy, too bad he was for Jeb kek. Yeah I would recommend the school. There's not much SJW shit there at all. It's a smaller school and it's a pretty athletic school too. Andrew Card was based and basically cut all the arts programs so you don't get those art queer type kids coming to the school. He found the solution to the art student question

you dont have to be a STEM major to make money, though it certainly helps

Any degree that DOES NOT end with the word "studies" is generally good to go.

Almost as important as the degree itself is having some sort of plan to apply the degree in getting a job. There are a lot of people who just pick a major and assume they will get a related job as soon as they graduate without looking into the details.

>not having free universities

I failed maths in high school and still did a PhD in genetics, you're probably out of luck with the TEM part, but there are a lot of S disciplines that aren't maths heavy

I'm just concerned because Card left, and I'm cautious that some leftist kekry may come back, and while I'm there

In a bit curious about your road trains, how much do those guys make? In trying to search for it but I just get results for rail trains

I got a degree I owned my own biz through college and paid for school. When I got out I kept working my business and grew it. College did help my ego however.

You were learn stuff in college and have fun occasionally. For the most part, however, you will be surrounded by retardation, leftist shitbags, frustrating bureaucracy, and a degenerate culture of drinking and drug abuse. You will incessantly question whether you are wasting your time and life.

Hopefully not I have no clue who the new president is

Look into CIPM. You might like business analytics. wallstreetmojo.com/cfa-vs-cipm/

For some certs, you are never too young/inexperienced. This is a big, big deal to getting in with big money.

If you know you can make big political connections at your next school - and I would place a lot behind "know" - go for polisci.

Being decisive in this is more important than lazier, unsuccessful people will have you know. You have to be very decisive. I cut out my options, between med school, law school, and business school, within my first semester at undergrad.

Talk the fuck out of people. People you think you might be too young for. That counselor at the MBA office? Hit them up. The Prof. who teaches a topic of interest? Send an e-mail asking if you might drop by for a talk.

Success happens in one-on-one settings.

I'm going to a private uni for Physical Therapy. It's a little expensive but pay is good once you find a place to work. A good college will help you find connections to a job.

Greatest dorm decoration I have seen to date.

interesting. a bunch of dudes I went into the military with are doing the welding thing now, but it seems my oil buddies are doing the best.

Start your own business, it's the only way to make real money and be in control of your life. Start small from your own house and and set out feelers for what you can be good at. If something takes off seek investors.

Biology / Biochemistry / Orgo chem.

None of these require significant / any math.

Pointless if you're going to do some brainlet liberal arts course, at least do something intellectually stimulating like CS or Physics.

Go through the grind, ignoring the leftist indoctrination, get a job and have to do the same thing, and then commit suicide because you realize the leftists preached about accepting people but you have to go through life silent.

Yeah, working out in the field, like refineries and power plants, that's where the money's at for welding. But also your military buddies probably had help getting their foot in the door. Many companies, unions, and schools have special policies to help people who served. Helmets to Hardhats is one example.

Join the army and rake in that sweet GI bill money

>Start your own business
yeah just let me grab a business out of my ass

Shit, thanks for all that man I appreciate it. I'm definitely up for considering business analytics.
And yeah meeting people and making connections are absolutely priorities for me.

Fuck college man don't do what I did, I've wasted all 4 years here (Econ major) I did an interview for an internship at a job I thought I wanted and instantly knew I hated it. Now regretting all of it. Go get yourself an apprenticeship for 4 years til you become a journeyman. Then move to an area where your discipline gets paid out the ass (most likely going to be somewhere out west) you're making six figures by the time you're 30 and you will have 0 fucking debt because your going to be paid for your apprenticeship.
I suggest you weigh this option seriously. I regret every day I went to college.

month and date of your birthday. ill do some mysticism based on a deck of playing cards and a website

Fuck it August 12