For the first time I sat down and listened to Beethoven's 9th symphony...

For the first time I sat down and listened to Beethoven's 9th symphony. I've always taken things said here with a grain of salt, including the whole "the wrong side won the second world war" thing. I've always thought it was just a funny thing to say to get a reaction out of people. I never thought any more of it. Sitting down and listening to this made me realize it was no joke. The world could have had a culture that exported works like this; masterpieces. Instead we have Jews turning 10 year olds into sex icons. Listening to this, all I could feel was an intense sense of despair and sadness because we missed out on something so beautiful. The only times I've cried in my adult life were when my sister died and when I listened to this, specifically the fourth movement, like everyone. It's almost sensory overload with how it makes you feel. Why did we, the anglosphere, have to fight the germans? I always shit on krauts and call them faggots, mostly because they are now, but why can't things go back to the way they were so that pieces like this can be made?

Am I alone in feeling this way? We missed out on the opportunity to turn the world into something so beautiful

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qrjgJCHKRys
youtube.com/watch?v=G2rUEAyqpEM&i
youtube.com/watch?v=SRmCEGHt-Qk
youtube.com/watch?v=gDBa1jgwR7k&
youtube.com/watch?v=UN87DbWLMOM
youtube.com/watch?v=BqrSaLUM5-A
youtube.com/watch?v=ucgYOMS7Kro
youtube.com/watch?v=OcL4J0pzlAg&list=PLnzpF0pG1E8ql2xP2eaxaVdvT7kGsgIbe&index=24&t=140s
youtube.com/watch?v=lmGqG3grTrg
youtube.com/watch?v=GXb9cjIqCdU&list=PLL6zl3g4rvEMCe863XBsN-gypgjTzoUNh&index=9
youtu.be/WKz74XfsuO0?list=PLL6zl3g4rvEMCe863XBsN-gypgjTzoUNh&t=688
youtube.com/watch?v=RyCmm7m2mwo
youtube.com/watch?v=YkWpT_39Jj8
youtube.com/watch?v=rP4pSomJnDE
youtube.com/watch?v=Mz8P8D8MdNU
amazon.com/Beethoven-Piano-Concertos-Ludwig-van/dp/B000AMPZNU/ref=sr_1_12?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1489988348&sr=1-12
youtube.com/watch?v=mGgdL-9muIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nLYHNLKp4RU&list=PLFer8UZgtB8KDFg_dICidxrFVCQ76-9zy&index=5
youtube.com/watch?v=M0U73NRSIkw
youtube.com/watch?v=ieXDeywwTBM
youtube.com/watch?v=mTY3jMHONZI
youtube.com/watch?v=Qf9Z0MWF-yg
youtube.com/watch?v=KpU94JkIl0A
youtu.be/sPlhKP0nZII?t=1473
youtube.com/watch?v=cOezEpigDmU
youtu.be/mCbT15W3lFc
u.teknik.io/OTSqP.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=f_xpm5YBXNc
youtube.com/watch?v=LjJ9TDdQUdY
youtube.com/watch?v=1zw0uWCNsyw
youtube.com/watch?v=iEeSPc5oTcM
youtube.com/watch?v=t5U9577N-dQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

gonna listen to it now, user. thanks for sharing :')

How did your sister die?

In her sleep. Dunno how, don't care to know how. I asked my family not to tell me when we got the results of the autopsy

Oh boy, look at all this nothing.
You guys can't seriously be staying awake to read this stuff can you? It's nothing. Go to bed or something.
I'm tired, going to sleep now.

A great post and I too feel that sense of loss for what could have been.

OP got red pilled
soon more will join

I beefed her to death

I said I didn't wanna know how she died god dammit

don't neglect the Piano Concerti; specifically 3,4 and 5

youtube.com/watch?v=qrjgJCHKRys

sorry about your sister user

i have one too and i love her so much =(

Listening now. I just find it so hard to believe that we used to make music like this. Why doesn't anyone do it anymore?

youtube.com/watch?v=G2rUEAyqpEM&i

European Culture isn't a meme

Same thing happened to me when I listened to Canon in D for the first time

>Why doesn't anyone do it anymore?
We do

youtube.com/watch?v=SRmCEGHt-Qk

youtube.com/watch?v=gDBa1jgwR7k&

simple answer I;d give is electricity literally changed our brains in the past 60 years .

before the advent of widespread electronic media if you wanted to be enteriained you went to a live performance so there was much more support for the expression of this level of creativity.

I would hope the inspiration and the innate creative capacity are still available to human kind but without the demand who will produce it?

When so many prefer to sit alone with earbuds and an LED screen or can have their senses triggered by extreme HD computer generated images this kind of art has a much smaller audience

Enjoy what we have.. there may still be some interesting contemporary classical style composers so look for them.

youtube.com/watch?v=UN87DbWLMOM

When were these written?

youtube.com/watch?v=BqrSaLUM5-A

youtube.com/watch?v=ucgYOMS7Kro

>Instead we have Jews turning 10 year olds into sex icons

My 6 year old niece is "twerking" and my family think its normal.

Only me and my father have told my sister to tell her off and stop her doing it. Every female in my family thinks its funny and encourage the bad behaviour.

I told them to prepare for her to be pregnant at 14 with some brown mongrel and its probably too late to save her.

1850s I believe. There's still pieces out there, they're usually just commissioned for films unfortunately.

youtube.com/watch?v=OcL4J0pzlAg&list=PLnzpF0pG1E8ql2xP2eaxaVdvT7kGsgIbe&index=24&t=140s

this is what is referred to as ;" the doctrine of total depravity.

The principle that unregenerate humans beings who are without the indwelling spirit of Christ are in their natural state totally depraved.

its who we are without God..

Man we really fucked up with this whole multiculturalism thing

Man up OP. Sort yourself out. You're not a failure because of the Jews or the Nazis losing. RIP to your sister.

I don't feel like I'm a failure mostly because I'm not a failure. It's just saddening seeing what the world used to make compared to what it makes now. I'm lamenting the state of culture, not my life

I agree.

To me this is the end result of women (EVE) rebelling against god.

I don't even know if I want to bring children into this awful abhorrent culture we have. Its just not worth me losing the will to live as they slowly get brainwashed by pop culture.

This is unfortunately very common today.

its hard to see what possible goal is nehind this global push until you look at the matter from the Jewish perspective and see they aim to emerge as global eliete ruling over an aimless, baseless debased mass of humanity with no culture or history... the jews will be the only unified culture with their 5,000 year history while everyone else is a mongrel with no past and a future overseen by a Jewish mater race.

you are not alone op. watch look whos back on netflix.

Yeah I've seen it. I liked it but the ending was so shit

Because worrying a symphony is really hard. There are still some composers, but nothing like from the 17th-19th centuries.

>Beethoven
Get on Wagner's level:
www.youtube com/watch?v=KTM7E4-DN0o

this is part of what I was saying.. it takes really total dedication to the work.

You can't have a day job making deliveries to pay your rent and write an hour long symphony.

the great composers had patrons and supporters so they could devote their whole energy and attention to composition..

>tfw cannot get through this video without shedding a tear for what we've lost:

youtube.com/watch?v=lmGqG3grTrg

Ignorance was bliss.... I never fucking asked for these feels

>burger sophistication

Is your shift 8 hours, or do they make you stay on as long as there's a Hitler thread left to slide?

Tannhäuser is amazing.

Love Beethoven, love the 9th. My favorite rendition is from 1963 with Karajan conducting:

youtube.com/watch?v=GXb9cjIqCdU&list=PLL6zl3g4rvEMCe863XBsN-gypgjTzoUNh&index=9

I meant writing not worrying. Damn autocorrect on my tablet.

I just listened to the chicago symphony with Riccardo Multi conducting it. Absolutely blew me away, even if it was a microcosm of multiculturalism that performed it. Your link is better though, even if the chicago symphony did a fine job imo

If anyone's interested, more Beethoven goodness:

7th symphony, 2nd mov, Karajan:
youtu.be/WKz74XfsuO0?list=PLL6zl3g4rvEMCe863XBsN-gypgjTzoUNh&t=688

Tempest Sonata, 3rd mov, Kempff:
youtube.com/watch?v=RyCmm7m2mwo

Moonlight Sonata, 3rd mov:
youtube.com/watch?v=YkWpT_39Jj8

Appassionata, 3rd mov:
youtube.com/watch?v=rP4pSomJnDE

Muti*

I myself have been very partial to this live RCA label recording with Gunther Wand conducting NDR Symphony Orchestra

I think this is it

youtube.com/watch?v=Mz8P8D8MdNU

Reminder that Sibelius' 2nd symphony is the peak of western culture

Yeah, he was good. If you're interested, check out the following conductors, it's fun to compare their renditions and notice the differences: Carlos Kleiber, Claudio Abbado, Leonard Bernstein, Nikolaus Harnoncourt.

But in my opinion none of them come close to Karajan's rendition from 1963.

Very passionate version with an interesting phrasing, thanks for sharing!

I urge anyone interested to find and check out the David Zinman and Tonhalle Orch Zurich's complete Beethoven works the Symphonies and PC's are all on Arte Nova CDs

love these all and don't mind saying so.

You fucking krauts I swear to god. I've always hated you fucks but jesus christ it's just so good. The more I delve into it the further into madness I descend. How many things as beautiful as this did we destroy in the world wars? Artwork, music, all other things culture, losing that generation of Europeans was so devastating
I've noticed that Karajan's is a bit more fast paced than Muti's, or perhaps it's just because it's my second time hearing it in such close succession. I like the pace more though if it isn't a placebo. It feels more fluid

I am so sleepy. Let's talk about this tomorrow.

Oh so CTR can't handle the long hours now that H*llary lost?

What is ctr????? I am just so tired all this news of so called "leaks" seems to make me so sleepy.

I'm sorry you weren't born white and awesome but a shit skin arab rape baby, it's not your fault, but don't fucking think for a moment you're welcome.

It's not too late. Fight, make yourself an equal to your Nazi comrades of old.

If you are going to sit there and cry, you deserve to have a nigger cock up your ass.

I find I do often prefer a livelier reading ... punchy and bright...

Just wait until you discover a whole new world.
Mozart, Bach, Wagner, Chopin, Dvořak, Smetana, Janaček Bizet, Handel, Schubert, Schumann, Strauss, Brahms, Borodin, Tchaikovsky, Mussorgsky, Rimsky-Korsakov, Verdi, Rossini, Shostakovich, Prokofiev, Saint Säens, Liszt, Berlioz.
Literally a whole new world you'll fall in love with.

some samples available of Zinman and the Tonhalle PC 3 &4

amazon.com/Beethoven-Piano-Concertos-Ludwig-van/dp/B000AMPZNU/ref=sr_1_12?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1489988348&sr=1-12

>You fucking krauts I swear to god. I've always hated you fucks but jesus christ it's just so good
Odd, I'm always glad when I run into American tourists here and we have a nice chat, plus you make for great drinking buddies at Oktoberfest.
>How many things as beautiful as this did we destroy in the world wars?
Everything apart from our architecture survived, no need to be gloomy, I'm just happy we have this incredibly vast cultural heritage that I can have access to whenever I want, it makes life so incredibly rich :)
>I've noticed that Karajan's is a bit more fast paced than Muti's
I find that Karajan has the perfect pace AND phrasing, it's passionate without being cheesy, and it's incredibly nuanced at the same time.

kek

We can restore that world. It's not too late.

>>You fucking krauts I swear to god. I've always hated you fucks but jesus christ it's just so good
Only on Sup Forums. One of my irl best friends is a baron/duke from Austria depending on if you go by italian or germanic noble titles (his words). The guys really bright, and he's a good dude. He's actually going to be running for German office in the near future on the platform of germany first

Sounds like you need some good ol' ultraviolence with your droogies

here here fella

Grow up

Beethoven is good but I prefer the light operas like Sullivan, Lehar and Weill.
youtube.com/watch?v=mGgdL-9muIQ

Here, have some more Beethoven, his 5th as conducted by Karajan:
youtube.com/watch?v=nLYHNLKp4RU&list=PLFer8UZgtB8KDFg_dICidxrFVCQ76-9zy&index=5

And as a bonus, Kissin playing Liszt's Campanella:
youtube.com/watch?v=M0U73NRSIkw

And a very young, very amazing, very cute Martha Argerich playing Scarlatti's 141:
youtube.com/watch?v=ieXDeywwTBM

thx germanbro I needed this

you may like Von Flotow

youtube.com/watch?v=mTY3jMHONZI

and Raff

youtube.com/watch?v=Qf9Z0MWF-yg

>Instead we have Jews turning 10 year olds into sex icons.

And what alt-right hyperbole is this referring to? Child beauty pageants arranged by white rednecks?

Hitler was right.

You're pathetic

What you are feeling is very normal and I've seen a handful of authors on some artsy sites hint at it. Case in point:

>I once read a very clever story in which a young student who lives in a steam punk type world realizes that his country is occupied by foreigner bankers. He also realizes that these foreigners are using propaganda to slowly prod his people into engaging in bestiality with primitive races and subhuman.
>This man, who is named Perun, is one of the very few people who are aware of what is happening. Most people completely buy into the propaganda.
>A subtle but recurring part of the plot is that Perun sees himself as the reincarnation of a general who had tried (and failed) to stop the occupation of his country. This is either A) The reason why he can see the truth and most people can't B) Proof that society has turned him into a madman.
>No matter how hard he tries, Perun can't accept the world around him. His memories of a better era torment him - and he is filled with a deep sense of personal guilt for having failed to win the war. Eventually this causes him to go into full blown Hitler mode and he rallies his nation.

It really was a touching book because the main character was so unlike any character in modern literature. He was motivated not by greed or lust or envy but simply by an immense sense of moral outrage combined with borderline narcissism. He was not a perfect hero nor a bruiser, just a very angry young man who learns to channel his frustration into willpower and then achieves what seemed to be impossible. And, when the dust clears, he realizes that he isn't the reincarnation of anyone. That was just a lie his mind invented to allow him to feel confident enough to do what needed to be done.

WHAT BOOK

Jesus, I can't get through one fucking thread without CTR crashing it. All this thread was doing was basically sharing classical music. But no you people just have to ruin everything you touch

Thanks. This one sounds really nice.
youtube.com/watch?v=KpU94JkIl0A

Also, Mozart's Requiem. The entire thing is good, but if you only have a few minutes to spare, start here:

youtu.be/sPlhKP0nZII?t=1473

We all know that feel.

I meant Von Flotow was really good. Just sharing some more Lehar too though.

Oh I actually just listened to this one today too. I started with Beethoven's 5th, then 7th, then 9th, then listened to a bunch of pieces by Mozart. This post has been a day in the making. I like modern music and everything, but it doesn't impact you on an emotional level like this stuff does and I'm really not sure why

We fought the wrong enemy.

(It's so easy to get the Barry Lyndon theme stuck in your head (Handel's Sarabande).)

youtube.com/watch?v=cOezEpigDmU

It was called 'Empire' and was on DeviantArt although the last time I looked I didn't see it. I had a copy saved on a laptop, but I sold it and didn't transfer any files.

I'll see if any of the chaps I know on DeviantArt know how to contact the author, and if they do I'll try to get a copy uploaded again.

Rachmaninoff perfectly sums up the anguish that you and I share OP. Please listen to what I consider some of the most exquisite piano music ever written. youtu.be/mCbT15W3lFc

>Why did we, the anglosphere, have to fight the germans? I always shit on krauts and call them faggots, mostly because they are now, but why can't things go back to the way they were so that pieces like this can be made?

u.teknik.io/OTSqP.webm

webm extremely related

Sometimes I wonder if we will get a "cultural revolution" that will destroy all of western culture.

I visited the Vatican. Filled to the brim with mongrels trying to sell you shit. Ironic isn't it? The Bible has a part about Jesus driving out the merchants at the Temple, yet the papacy allows this at the holiest place on earth. Kind of sad if you ask me.

I didn't ask for this feel man

Be sure to listen to music tuned to the natural 432 hz and not the jewish mind control 440 hz

youtube.com/watch?v=f_xpm5YBXNc

I used to be able to play Beethoven's 9th on the piano.

>432 hz
>440 hz

I can almost, kinda understand this, but is it really not a meme? Is there an article that really proves this to be the case?

youtube.com/watch?v=LjJ9TDdQUdY

I'm really not sure of the hocus pocus behind it but to my ears it seems a more pleasing experience.

This is an interesting little video -

youtube.com/watch?v=1zw0uWCNsyw

That statue is beautiful.

>Chopin
My all time favorite

I'm part German from my mother's side and part American (Anglo) from my dad's but not quite 100% white, even then i would rather live as a second class citizen for being a mongrel in a world in which Germany won than being "free" in this world full of decadence
youtube.com/watch?v=iEeSPc5oTcM

Maybe the right thread to ask, but is there any favorites up on Sup Forums's classical thread that should be downloaded, specifically?

these sleepy time post have been running wild across the board all night. Stay comfy user

>I'm part...
Dropped.

And then the lesser knowns and parlor composers. You'll never reach an end.

How can you possibly prefer a symphony over generic auto-tuned pop music?

Are we sure it's a shill, and not a troll?

some contemporary classical is pretty comfy
youtube.com/watch?v=t5U9577N-dQ
>inb4 ((((reich))))