Why do millennials still live at home with their parents?

Why do millennials still live at home with their parents?

Real estate is overpriced. The chart shows higher rates where housing is more expensive.

Because i refuse to live in a shitty Flint neighborhood surrounded by BLM, ANTIFA, and even less organized nigger criminals.

I'll let my pride take a hit or two if it means living in a nice neighborhood

Missouri has really high housing rates due to nicer schools in some areas, your schooling tax gets lumped in with housing tax. this is why the current education system is bogus and why city folk get bussed out into the county.

I graduated recently and am saving a lot by living at home while working, yeah it sucks but free food and rent is pretty big on entry level salaries

Because millennials tend to be lazy cowards. Also everyone I know who watches anime still live at home. The stereotype is completely on point.

Really insightful anecdote

I wish I was kidding but anime is pretty much destroying young white introverts.

Why do they lump this large of an age range with this? A lot of 18 yos are still in high school and whether they do or not is irrelevant. Being 34 is a completely different matter. It should be something like 23-34 to get the true scope of things.

Millennial living on my own for years here.
Only because my mother is absolutely crazy and unable to pay bills though. Living with her was too stressful. Wish I could save money for a house while living with a comfy family.

the real question for me is why do people move out of their childhood homes. i think it boils down to factor relating to jobs/commuting, which are pretty obvious and straightforward, and social factors i.e. wanting a place for sex, developing some nebulous concept of responsibility, or just not getting along with your family. i don't see any of these things being equally valuable to almost half my income.

Are housing prices going to crash again? neet living with parents, degreed on wall, 1988, zero credit... fucked aren't I

what's the hurry?

Me and my sister live together because its cheaper to split a apartment where we liver and we are actually pretty close. We both work and I'm going to school part time.

Our parents don't do shit for us.
We would still be counted by that metric.

So, do you fuck?

Why would I bother with 3dpd? They're all whores anyway

Good point

Looks like the bluer you are, the more reliant on mom and dad.

That sounds hot, you should seduce her
Also is she jealous when you fuck a girl in your house
And what do you do when Chad and Jamal come over to fuck her?

>Why do millennials still live at home with their parents?

Because investors have ruined the rental market.
Also Millenials cant afford to buy houses thanks to millionaire chinks buying up all the housing stock and the government and media screaming RACIST at anyone who brings it up.

Its at least that way in NZ. Most of the investors who buy up rental properties are white boomers too.

Hawaii is justified because it's a tiny fucking island where real estate costs more than a human life.

This is fucking insane if it's real but it doesn't surprise me.

I think a hell of a lot of people are not working at all and the unemployment figures are totally fake.

The jobs that are out there for young people are a complete joke.

I don't think there is any way to repair this economy. We have to wait till the boomers start retiring/dying and then the US will default and the mega-bubble will collapse.

No, looks more like the more expensive housing/apartments are, the more you rely on mom and dad

>Graduated in political sci, move back home with no idea what to do for 3 months
>taking paralegal courses in LA
>turned an unpaid PI firm internship into a paid position in six weeks
>being immediately trained to take over senior litigation paralegal position
>can save all the extra money for a year and move to Texas with lady friend

Eat shit, it's not the end of the world.

No. It is pretty clear from the map that the more blue a state is the more reliant the people in that state are on mom and dad. The only outlier is Oregon, but that's a 95% white/east asian state.

Cities make people gay with chemtrails and fag water and the more trannies they have the more people are afraid of manly interior design layouts, like the ones you see in new shart mart developments. You stupid fucking kike.

The more high-density a place is the more fags, taxes, chinks, jews, and rent-seekers you shall find. If you have more shitskin imagrunts and kikes and taxes well guess what? The rent will be higher. This is fucking basic Common Core math you learn in twink skool.

Now, obviously the baby boomers completely sold out the entire fucking country for FEELZ cause they racked up trillions in debt for niggers, wars on niggers, and aid for niggers, they did anything they could to keep their house prices high, including selling off huge chunks of the country to foreigners, and they don't seem to care that a massive chunk of the country is incapable of basic living needs. They'd rather side with fags, hags, kikes, and poor lil niggers.

Honolulu here, can confirm. Most growing families build an extension to their home rather than move to a new home.

I'm fine with chad as long as it isn't while I'm at work. I work from home.
closest thing to a nigger shes ever fucked was a slav (drunk POS she married when everyone told her it was a bad idea.)

Not the jealous type. Very motherly.
I'm pretty sure she is infertile because she does not use contraception and would have had a shitload of kids like her whore friends.

Smokes too much pot tho.

Would love some tips on seduction.

I got some reciprocal hump action once but she stopped as soon as she realized it was me. Drugging is out of the question, she has heart issues I'm too worried about.

Holy shit I've been thinking exactly this. There is no way the (((official))) unemployment statistics are correct. Every job out there has 20-300 applicants for it. Mathematically, a huge portion of young people are destined to fail. I'm just wondering whether the bubble will collapse in the next 1-12 months or if it'll last more like another decade.

The thing about seducing your sister is that not every one can pull it off
Think Jamie and Cersei game of thrones, the only way I can think you can pull it off is to compliment her and touch her, you then kiss her and it goes from there
Good luck

>be a millennial
>Live in Illinois
>Can't find stable work
>Might have to move back home if things don't pick up
Kill me

one thing i want to know from this chart is what "relative" means. i know several siblings, cousins, and other relatives who live with each other, not because they're poorer than others (though the housing market does suck). or could it also mean married millennials who are legally relatives. that and i knew tons of college kids who lived at home in college to save money not because they have less money, but because they're family is.

Well maybe the study has that data, they came up with those statistics somehow

She wanted us both to get drunk earlier today but i hate the taste of alcohol. Sometimes I wonder if that's a kind of signaling.

I'm going to be gone for a week.
Maybe ill get drunk with her when I get back.

No shit. Jobs suck along with housing market. I live in Michigan and they want fucking 700 for a shack and that's in detroit in nigger central.

Houses cost too much.

They will tell you it's because everything is too expensive. In reality, it's because they can't live without all their portable electronics, cars, and the 5 different types of body wash they use for different parts of their body.

My son left home last year at 18 years old. He has a 3 bedroom apartment, and a job cashiering at Kroger that pays enough to cover all his expenses. All he had to do was trim unnecessary expenses. Kids don't know how to do that these days.

For example, they insist that anything less than a smart phone serves no purpose. My kid has a flip phone that's 6 years old, and uses prepaid. He estimates it costs him about $4 a month. A normal cell phone bill is around $60.

Its probable
Incest for other people sounds fun, I have 3 sisters that are all good looking but i feel no sexual attraction or desire to ever have sex with them...
Yet in the anime i really like the brother sister sexual relationships

Would you rather build up debt while paying rent and all sorts of other bullshit or would you rather live rent free for a while before you can buy a house with the money you saved instead of wasting it on rent.

This smells Jewish to me.

(((everything is all right. nothing is the matter)))

We're going to end your world, kike. Enjoy it while you can.

>3 bedroom apartment
Why does he live alone in a 3 bedroom apartment? (assuming from your text that he's living alone). What's with Americans and multiple bedrooms you don't need?

Is there another one that goes into more detail based on the ages, that's insane how high those are even counting people in their late 20s and early 30s. I can't imagine how high the numbers are on just like 18-25

You wish. We're Italian. And we don't racemix. But cry more about how the big evil guy on Sup Forums said your iPhone was a necessity to live.

Status symbol
The burgers like that kind of thing

It's mostly niggers.

>work full time at min wage
>must have room mates or else I will not have much
>now you are still living with other people while making expensive payments
or
>live at home
>part time
>do college or trade school/ prepare to join military
>have much more time and money in your youthful years
gee I wonder why people are deciding to be smart

The area he wanted to live in to be close to some friends is not exactly 5-star. It's not ghetto, but it's bad enough that if you forgot to lock your car at night, then remembered, you wouldn't hesitate to go lock it instead of thinking "Oh, I'm sure it'd be fine"

Areas like that are pretty reasonable in price. The 3 bedroom was only a few hundred more than the already stupidly cheap 1 bedroom, and he had made plans to have some friends come split the rent and take the other rooms. He's still working on that bit.

Fuck off, guido. This is a boomer myth. It's fucking stupid. Rent is the single biggest expense. The modern accessories you mention are nothing. No iPhone. No car. No cable. No nothin' here. So fuck you.

Kys

Housing is expensive.

You need a bachelor's at a minimum to get a job afford even getting a mortgage.

Getting that bachelor's degree will put you in student loan debt most of the time and even if you do get a loan that just piles up on and on.

Nobody wants to live with their parents, you do it because you have too.

Because it's too fucking expensive to buy a house and renting isn't economically wise.

Well you're not helping your case with "reasonably cutting expenses."
If he gets friends to rent the other bedrooms it's another case of course.

So your son is working a dead end job with little room for promotion in an industry that Amazon is doing well? Also it's not like chasing will ever be automated.

>Rent is the single biggest expense.

This. I could sell everything I own except for my clothes and my cheapo computer, which is needed for applying to jobs and paying bills online, and maybe, if I'm lucky, make enough from selling everything else to pay for a 6 month lease of a shitty 1 bedroom or studio apartment. I don't own an iphone either.

Fuck you nigger. I've got 5 bedrooms, 20 acres and 4 bathrooms. A goddamn barn and a workshop. I earned this by working my ass off unlike you 4 week off a year holiday niggers over there in EU muslim caliphate HQ. Nigger.

Fucking this.
Only I don't live with mum and dad, I bought a house a few years back in semi rural south island for $150k. Forget the cities though.

Why not? It's not like I'm going to find a woman worth having a relationship with.

>>/r9k/
Alternatively,
>>/kys/

Pretty sure it's:
>high housing prices
>niggers
>bad economy
>liberals

SHITS CHEAP YO

if i'm reading this right, it looks like there's a strong correlation with their parents voting for Obama

i've married 3
they're out there
best you can do is know when to walk and never forget to get them to signs prenups
go for it, user; it's exciting

Rent is actually hard to come up with by yourself. I pay 700 a month with like 300 in utilities, my welding job pays about 500 a week, thats maybe 4 grand a month. After expenses, college loans, car payments etc im pretty broke. I lived with mom and dad until 21 just to save up enough to leave. Just how the world is, I get payed dick, then what I do make extra I end up spending on booze to help the crippling depression.

Because the boomers and gen Xers decided to sell the future of their children to brown people for bigger pensions.

>He has a 3 bedroom apartment, and a job cashiering at Kroger
Bull fucking shit unless he lives in a fly over state, for the majority you have to room with others to pay for a rent in a state that matters.

500 a week=4k a month??

At any rate, you have 1k in expenses, shouldn't be hard to do.

Women in the workplace means two normal-tier incomes are required to afford a house.

While at the same time women have been convinced that their income is for international trips, at least until they are looking down the barrel of their mid-30s.

They are expecting you to not only buy them a house but they will look down on you if you didn't also go on many international trips.

american education

This, college loans are dragging everything down.

Notice that states like California that binged on student loans to fuel mass education programs have a rate above 45%

no money, dead end jobs or no jobs, no prospects... capitalism stopped working a while ago

Cost of living and luxury living

Current median wage