We should use Greek Democracy as opposed to the absolute shit we have now. Prove me wrong

We should use Greek Democracy as opposed to the absolute shit we have now. Prove me wrong.

Sounds practical in a country with 320 million people. Get them ALL to vote over EVERY bill.

Athens only had a few thousand people that were allowed to vote, that's why it worked

Democracy is inherently flawed. People are stupid and shouldn't be allowed to make decisions. We should've just stayed a monarchy, but not that shitty British one. Washington could've been king.

aristotle himself said that democracy, as intended by Athens, can't be applied to a society with more than 100k individuals

maybe get people you served in the military to vote
or masters in stem

we "should" use a lot of different things, but you are never going to see the west move from republicanism in your lifetime

We Starship Troopers nao

There was no "democracy" like we know it today

It was more like a Republic

You can use whatever system of rule you like, if your population is made up of idiots the system is still going to fall flat on its face.

tell me one flaw ?

Why not? Cut federal government and delegate most of its functions to districts.

>greatest nation city on earth
>practice eugenics
>enslave all other greeks

Once so great and proud, what happened to spartans?

>democracy
>Men go to war, women manage finance
>not enough men, country overrun by slaves
>women always spent the money on stupid shit and had no idea how to properly manage assets

democracy is a meme

How about you do what I say, and if you don't like it, I cut your head off?

>maybe get people you served in the military to vote
So a bunch of suicidal high school dropouts who put all their eggs into one final basket in hopes of making something for themselves before they die? Sounds neat lol

>implying greek model of governance for small, independent city states could be applied to a massive unified nation state

kys faggot

democracy happened

well whats your great idea ploto

Greek democracy sentence Socrates to death.

That's all I need to know that it's cancer.

would city states work with one nation gov controlling the army and outside economics
not states like Victoria but city states and benalla shep and wang making there own rules

>Australian

nigger, enunciate your idea properly

"Greek" democracy is not a thing. In Socrates' time there were no nations, there were city states. Socrates was Athenian. Athens was a democratic city state. Sparta (an oligarchic authoritarian city state) defeated Athens in the Peloponnesian war. Later, when the Athenians won Athens back from the Spartans, Socrates was put to death for allegedly consorting with the Spartan oligarchy.

Only I'm allowed to vote

Because Greek democracy was shit even when it was practiced.

> nigger, enunciate your idea properly
well i just pulled it out of my head
that's all there is i was just putting it out there to see what you jews think of it

why would i ever let a abo get control of me

(you)

Internet is a thing, put in your ssn on a gov site and pick what you want, simple