TOBACCO TAXES of AUS

So, I pay $3.50 US for one tin of Long Cut.
$2.50 shipping to AUS from US.

Customs send me letter.
I owe $32 in taxes.

How can we let a Government do this to us?
Do you have to pay stupid amounts of taxes in your country?

I'm not fucking smoking cigarettes. I'm not puffing on dope. I'm not injecting meth.
I'm enjoying tobacco the way it should be.

How can a tax be so insanely high? $700 per 1000 grams.

That's criminal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AyBGBBsJWbM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Crikey! That's a lot to pay for a can of dip.

Classic

You should have had it labeled as mephedrone and you would have had way less troubles

It certainly is. Mind you, when I came back from Alaska in January, I had 2 tins on me and they didn't bat an eyelid.

If I import, I'm apparently an asshole who owes the AUS government dues.

So, my grandmother said I should grow my own, and I will, but if I'm found out, I'll cop a huge fine.

These assholes really know how to make you like them.

It's no wonder people feel that the government is the enemy.

tobaccie prices in US south

cigarette $0.40 ea
cigar $1.70 ea for budget cigars
pipe $1 /oz

These days, a packet of (((cheap))) cigarettes, a 20 pack, will cost you $17 AUS.

Funny thing is most of that 3.50 is built in tax and lawsuit money built into the cost. You're paying like $38 for maybe 0.50 of product. Insane.

Why do you get it from the US? Grow it where you're at.

A can of Copenhagen in Alabama is $2.17

It's called a retard tax, I fully support it and wish they add more.

What kind of fucking moron still consumes tobacco?

pipes are fun and are the least expensive of the three smoking options.

but cigarettes are an addiction vector, you wouldn't smoke a pipe or cigar because you were addicted.

Exactly.

It is already taxed.

Well, my overlords want their cut, too.
Still, our wonderful government doesn't understand that I'm not smoking tobacco, and so I'm not going to hurt myself or others with poisonous smoke.

I'm saving them money.

Yes. Everything that's fun and the cultural elite doesn't enjoy is illegal or insanely expensive.

Thank you puritanism.

Kill your tax collector

your a fucking communist, but dip is not anywhere in the same stratosphere as smoking in terms of health detriments. If it was, a good portion of hillbillies out in the country would be missing their jaws.

Read up on how much safer it is than smoked.

Do you like coffee? Do you like Eggs? Do you like to eat a cool salad?

Everybody likes something.

I like the taste, aroma and pleasant feeling I achieve by using tobacco.

Vape.

You only do it soley for the buzz you get off the nicotine. There is no tobacco tax if there is no tobacco.

>brb gonna go put in a lip

You can't even buy pipe tobacco in AUS.

>I'm saving them money.
Not true.
Tobacco related deaths save money from the state from the pensions that won't be paid

tobacco doesn't grow in australia.

haha suck it crocadile dundee.

youtube.com/watch?v=AyBGBBsJWbM

>american snus

Grow and dry your own.

Tobacco plants look almost like rhubarb and it's a common weed.

$700 tax for 1kg import is fucking horrendous. Revolution when?

weird

wat

Why not? Seems like a pretty growy place to me outside of the desert parts.

wut the fuck are you talking about

No.

I'm not inhaling the steam of some unknown mixture of whatever the hell it is.

I'll stick to placing some delicious tobacco into my mouth and taste the plant.

Besides, they don't sell vaping fluid with nicotine in it anymore.

>tobacco teeth opinion

Nobody cares.

Tell me the name of one tobacconist who sells it.

Tell me the name of one brand that is legally (((no branding))) allowed to be sold.

Funny thing, last year my brother was living in New Zealand and I was in Nicaragua. He was paying I think $20/pack while I was paying not even a dollar for the same exact product.

i did the same when i was in australia

you can decide if you want to pay to get the package or it will get destroyed .

just let them destroy the package and order a new one.
most of the packages get through and they can't do shit about it.

In Canada it's the same.

A tin of copenhagen is $27-32 CAD.

Order it online for $4, and pay $28 customs.

More expensive to import than to buy in the store locally.

It does.

Three members of my family have grown it over the last 50 years.

It's just illegal to do so now.

I'm afraid that I brush and floss my teeth.

I also brush my tongue, gums and mouth lining.

I am a hygienic person.

>It certainly is. Mind you, when I came back from Alaska in January, I had 2 tins on me and they didn't bat an eyelid.
That's probably within the duty free allowance for travellers.

We have similar things here for people who order cigarettes from Russia to save money. What it boils down to is that technically you're allowed to import but they make you pay duty so that you don't import.

30 bucks a a tin in canada

Do you get proper Swedish snus on the sheep islands?

I thought Sweden was the only EU country it was allowed.

I can send you 150 grams of tobacco for like 20$. Shipping included. I'll smiply claim it's something else. I sent it to a guy in great britain and he never got into problems.

>It's just illegal to do so now.
Can you grow it for personal use?

As in, you don't sell it to anyone else under any circumstances.

These days they have an automatic system.

They have a data-bank of scanned items that the computer refers to when scanning imported items.

I use to buy cigarettes from Moldova. It was about $100 for 6 cartons and half of that was shipping. It was made with American tobacco too lol

The mixture is propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine. The nicotine is freebase and diluted down.

The flavouring is usually a propylene glycol base artificially flavoured. Sometimes with other natural flavours too.

Some flavours have chemicals in it that give you "popcorn lung" but are generally easy to avoid.
4 of my mates have quit smoking with it. And my old man.

It's only worth it for some people though, you gotta carry this extra thing around and it requires tiny amounts of maintenance which is enough to throw lots of smokers off

I can understand a duty tax.

Mind you, how can they get duty tax for a product that they deem illegal to sell in AUS?

I have no option but to import.

Australia customs are the worst, try any other country.

Yes we do. We are not in the EU.
But there isn't a big selection of snus, only like 3 brands.

that is a good deal, but idk if i want moldova touching my smokes.

I tried it for about 3 months.

I'm not a fan.

>I'm enjoying tobacco the way it should be.
Isn't chew full of fiberglass? I'd much rather smoke, like people have been doing for centuries, then cut up my lip like that.
Now you know how we felt. All we wanted was some goddamn tea.

You can't grow tobacco in Aus?
That's fucking ridiculous. Does the government not trust its population at all.

It is illegal.

No.

There is no fucking fiberglass in my tobacco.

Our customs fucking hate cigarette imports.

Some of the crazy ways you cunts figure out how to stash the shit and try to get it here is unreal. All for a ciggie.

Don't blame you.
Just wanted to let you know what that mixture was

Our government has its own agenda, just like yours.

They are experimenting laws on us that other countries don't have, and vice-versa.

They were these for what it's worth. Weren't any different from anything here. They put a clamp on payment processors dealing with online cigarette companies as far as I know though.

If I were to buy tobacco online, I'd have to somehow make sure that each and every package was labeled with health warning labels in Norwegian; if not, they'd be illegal, and thus confiscated.

In addition, there's a $0.30 USD on -each- cigarette, and a $0.12 USD on each gram of smokeless tobacco, meaning I'd pay $6 USD in fees for a pack of cigarettes, or $4 USD for a tin of dip, if I even managed to find a way to legally get it into the country.

well that sucks

I'll trade you a log of snus for an aussie qt

No they don't trust us at all.

Legitimately anything fun is illegal.
Anything that can make you smile is illegal

I wish we could declare what we use as citizens.

I don't drink to get drunk. I don't buy takeaway food.

I deserve something that I enjoy, something that hurts nobody.

I did all kinds of shit like stash tobacco in CD boxes and I claimed it was a bunch of CDs. Never gotten into problems. If somebody wants to try I could send you a small sample as long as you cover the shipping cost.

This, vaping is amazing as long as you go over 40w.

That's far from $32 in taxes, friend.

Propolene glycol, glycerin, pure nicotine and whatever flavor you want. What's unknown?

they keep their European traitor and jewish bloodlines pure, but here we are. they want us to get mixed

The same thing happened with me once with a carton of cigarettes, I paid the taxes and they never sent me the cigarettes, I'm still annoyed about that

These people were putting cartons inside metal gates and false walling shipping containers

>What's unknown?

Long-term consequences.

Surely you get it sent from Denmark?

canada gets fucked too on dip i heard its like 20$ a can because the tax

I know for a fact (friend worked for AUSPOST) that the mail companies steal anything that looks like it has something good in it, especially international parcels.

>So, my grandmother said I should grow my own, and I will, but if I'm found out, I'll cop a huge fine.
move to nz and do it, no fines for growing your own there

>How can a tax be so insanely high? $700 per 1000 grams.
>That's criminal.

Because you're a subject, not a citizen. The government does not have your consent while you're disarmed.

Good job giving up your guns.

I've just built a nice house up in the mountains.

I'd rather stay here.

I own three guns.

Mind you, two are bolt-action rifles and the other is an over-under shotgun requiring reload after two shots.

My dad gave up his semi-autos back in the 90s.

He always told me to get and keep what I can.

By the way, the Subject/Citizen argument is true.

can you nab snus at all? $3 a pop here.

No shit right?

One of the Air Force dudes at an airshow that was on in Australia recently was chewing this and I had seen it before outside of movies
I didn't even know it was a thing down here

It gets close to $32 when you include the import fee, which is typically above $18 USD, and the 25% VAT which is based on the sum of the item and shipping (not to mention that shipping anything to Norway is typically hella expensive).

In addition, the requirement of having warning labels printed on each separate pack in Norwegian essentially makes it impossible to legally buy tobacco online.

get your viking ship and sail over the Atlantic and buy some good stuff, then sail back.

VAT on the ship alone would be too costly, and then there's the diversity tax on dressing like a racist viking.

Go complain about how expensive your disgusting addiction is somewhere else. Nobody cares.

Seems like it's a talking point here on Sup Forums.

Perhaps you should think about that, faggot.

Pic is you.

'Diversity' hasn't successfully crossed the language barrier yet. It's still very much allowed to celebrate our history and culture.

Can't bring back more than one log/carton per 24 hours, or else they'll add a $14 USD per 100 grams of smokeless, or $34 USD per 100 grams of smoking tobacco – if I choose to declare the tobacco. If not, they'll serve me a fine and take away my tobacco.

>reddit meme
uh oh

>buying non-swedish snus

Would you like some Jews? They're international, so no customs or duty for us to lend some to you.

Is the tobacco tax levied by your state or parliament
You might have better luck lowering the tax if it's on a state level

I heard that they inte ens bakar snusen.

Good stuff, just finished .y first can of General, original flavor. What flavor do you recommend? Are they all that salty from the sodium bicarbonate?

Jews were actually partially banned from entering Norway from 1641 to 1687, and completely banned from 1687 until 1851.

original is the best flavor imo the mint one is ok and the wintergreen is the worst

3rd time's the charm, as they say.

So can I mail it from the US to other nations for a profit less then the amount taxed if I figure out a way to get it through customs?

They are salty from sodium chloride. Table salt.
It's an essential part of the recipe for making Swedish snus, and is typically added in amounts of 35-40mg/g.

>requiring reload after two shots.
No shit, sherlock.

SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS?!?

I switched to a mouth fedora. It's like $60 a month for supplies as opposed to $180 CAD for two cartons for a month.

I got to the reservation and pay $2.29 for a can