Tfw Trump is taking away my 5k pell grant

>tfw Trump is taking away my 5k pell grant

I can't fucking believe this. How am I supposed to finish my psychology degree now?

Other urls found in this thread:

discoverpraxis.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Welcome to the real world. I hope you have good grades.

Get a part-time job.

As a middle-class white, there were NO special scholarships available to me. The only money I got came from the university based on my academic performance, and not my skin color and not on my parents being poor. I also worked several part-time jobs. Graduated with no debt.

Part time jobs don't pay 30 to 60k per year. That's how much a college education costs.

That's why I hope he/she has good grades. The part-time job covers other expenses.

If they were lazy and felt entitled to an education, and treated college like they did high school, they don't deserve a college education and are a waste of taxpayer money.

Join the military if you want free education. Otherwise you could always do something like this: discoverpraxis.com/

Learn to create value. Sitting around in a classroom daydreaming, cramming to score points on a test etc. is retarded and does nothing for you.

>In-state tuition
>Community college

30 to 60k a year? kek

Enjoy your debt cuck faggot.

>Boomers get cheap college
>Everyone else has to literally their lives on the line to afford it
Seems like every day we inch one step closer to Starship Troopers becoming a

By saving up 5K and finishing it later.

Community college around here is $600 per class.

Only rich should go to college, everyone else should be forced into serfdom forever. I wish Republicans would just admit they support rich people basically being feudal overlords. Really dishonest.

> 30 to 60k per year. That's how much a college education costs.

Bullshit. I payed 60k per year for my dental school. My pre-dental was $10000/year.

That's your mistake for not being born into the right family. The pursuit of happiness is only available to the rich, haven't you heard? And by the way, upward mobility is for numale cucks

I dunno...get a job? Pay for your own shit for once?

>Needing a Pell Grant
Nigger

good thing we are all equal TM

so PoC dont need special help

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill 'em all

Get a fucking job

>psychology degree

You don't need that if you want to work in a KFC

>Boomers get cheap college
Boomers got an education. Today's schools are nothing but brainwashing and do nothing to prepare you for a much more dynamic, fast-paced business environment. Even engineering degrees are for the most part a complete joke.

When boomers were going through school and entering the workforce, innovation churn was orders of magnitude slower. Job security was therefore much higher. Everything involved more deliberate planning and execution in terms of bringing things to market. Today it's a different world; if you don't want to innovate then you will be left behind.

Boomers could just have easily complained about all the disruptions that happened then as opposed to previous generations, but they didn't.

I'm not a boomer, but they actually worked, raised families, and busted their asses. They didn't fix our (((problems))) but neither has any generation except a few lucky ones who lived in Europe when it was unified under Rome and usury was outlawd.

i did 1 year at a CC and 2 at a state school

i had almost no debt

know your shit and test out or get a god damn job. We don't really need pseudo-science cucks in this country anyways, your glorified philosophy degree is not a benefit to society in any way.

thoughts on dentistry? I'm thinking about going for it. However, I am afraid that I do not have enough stability in my hands. Is that a problem you have ever encountered?

>tfw I won't heavily Indebted for taking an education

These grants don't help anyone afford college.

They help administrators raise prices. If students could afford x before and are each given y as a grant, then the tuition becomes x + y. We've seen this happen for > 30 years.

I'm glad someone is finally calling their bluff. What are colleges going to do when nobody can afford their rates, teach to empty seats?

*Paid

Might want to get a refund, friend

That's a lot cheaper than those $2,500/credit hour courses at expensive universities.

get gud in a real demanding degree (not woman study or psychology nonsense) and get a job

>psychology degree
Why finish it?

Don't be a knave

Government handouts like the Pell Grant artificially inflate the cost of college. Get rid of government handouts.

Pell Grants are available to every not, not just low income students and niggers. If you or your parents don't make alot of money you'll get alot, but if you can pay for college you'll get jack shit.

Then you're being scammed. It's ~45 per unit with an average class being 3-4 units. Books can be either rented for 20$ or not bought at all half the time.

Of course, the easy access to student loans and grants is exactly why college is so expensive. They can charge whatever they like.

Step 1: get a degree in something that fucking matters, dumbass

Speak to your academic adviser about other potential grants / scholarships being offered. You should have time to pursue these before/if the budget is voted in.

Seek out employment through the university itself. Focus on working in offices/labs or as an assistant TA. Many schools offer tuition remission or discounts for certain levels of employee. These gigs are competitive, but if you have a good relationship with a prof, they might be able to help you out.

Focus your studies on specialized classes. Worry about gen-ed later. You can often test out of those or take them at a community college w/ transfer credit or online for cheaper.

Call your representatives. They can't take your grants if the budget doesn't pass. Ignore the unemployed shitposters here and protect your own ass.

Well, without fasfa ill owe 50 grand. The hard parts getting the loan. Christ. Will there be tax cutz?

>he fell for the higher education meme

Ahahah! Get rekt kid.

Yes but only if you are making more than 150k a year.

Agreed. My family makes under 45k per year, I'm going to a school that would cost 22k without scholarships. Where are my gibsmedats?

t. Academic advisor

Pell grants are pretty easy to get.

So is work study.

Shouldn't be cutting these IMO

> psychology degree

> 30 to 60k per year
My engineering degree was 8k per year

Part time job barely covers living dumbass.

>australian major
And are you engineering at gm now?

Did anyone read the text below the numbers?

How are Pell grants easy to get? My family makes under 45k and I didn't get one. I go to a 22k a year school.

>psychology degree
His doing you a favor sweety

Dang! BASED TRUMP

Get a job you entitled fuck. Get 2 if you have to. Thats life.

My family was poor enough that these grants paid for my entire tuition, plus most of my housing.

It really does seem like it screws over the middle class though.

Uh, doesn't the government pay for all this shit?

"Barely covers living" is how most college students used to live. Now jokes about Ramen are mostly just that - JOKES.

If your grades suck and your ignorant ass expects big brother gub'ment to coddle you through four more years of not giving a shit about your grades and not working at all, you do NOT deserve aid. You do NOT deserve an education.

If you have good grades, you can get academic scholarships. I did. The very BEST scholarships cover housing as well. If they do not, you share an apartment with other college kids and everybody works part-time to make it.

I'm sorry that you're so upset that a college education might no longer be a posh entitlement of four more years of doing jack shit with your life.