Sup Forums is on Brazil's news

It's surprisingly accurate.

www1.folha.uol.com.br/ilustrissima/2017/03/1867370-trump-os-nerds-do-Sup Forums-e-a-nova-direita-dos-estados-unidos.shtml?cmpid=facefolha

I'll write up a translation if there is interest and google translator is not doing the trick

Expect a surge in the amount of BRs

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@DaleBeran/Sup
youtube.com/watch?v=V6VoQ6YDlr4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not an argument

Oh, and the OP pic translated:

"Author explains how the Sup Forums, a website of nerds, became the vanguard of the US' extreme-right. He argues that young unemployed males with no girlfriends vote Trump because he incarnates the ideology of hopelessness, and that the left should see them as a symptom of a bigger problem, that only it (the left) can solve.

bump and waiting for translation

Muh basement dwellers

JUST

So they got it right

7-1

>and that the left should see them as a symptom of a bigger problem, that only it (the left) can solve.
i like where this is going.

I do not speak the monkey language

>a website of nerds
this is the only thing that is off, should be more like "social rejects"

War... war never changes.

"By 2005, a strange link began appearing in the reports of viewer origin of my old webcomic.

I didn't understand that website. It was a discussion board, but it had a very obscure navigation system. I had to counter-intuitively click "reply" in order to read a thread. Furthermore, the content was nonsense thrash.

If you haven't guessed it yet, the website was Sup Forums.org. It was the product of a discussion board that I already knew, the Something Awful, an online community with a few hundred of nerds that loved HQs, videogames and, well, nerd stuff.

Differently from similar forums, Something Awful would have heavy jokes. I had an account at that website, and I would use it occasionally to write about my comics.

Sup Forums had been created by Christopher Poole, a 15 year-old user of Something Awful.

Nowadays, Sup Forums is on the news almost weekly.

At the beginning of February, there were protests in Berkeley (California) against the lecture of the most featured supporter of Sup Forums, Milo Yiannopoulos [who is the spokesperson of the alt-right, alternative right].

One week earlier, the neo-nazi Richard Spencer was about to explain the meaning of his Pepe the Frog pin, inspired in Sup Forums, when one of the antifascist protesters punched him in the face.

In December, Sup Forums tried to wage war against the "Do it yourself" workshops [such as FabLabs and TechShops] and against the "liberal safe spaces" [spaces where users are not allowed to express discrimination]

How did we get to this point? What exactly is Sup Forums? And how can a website about anime become the vanguard of the extreme right, involved with fascism, international intrigues and the iconography of Donald Trump? How to interpret all this?

At first, Sup Forums would reunite one per year in one place: The Otakon, an anime convention in Baltimore, near Washington. As a young nerd at Baltimore near the 90s, I stumbled upon Otakon kind of the same way I stumbled into Sup Forums: At the beginning.

[2000 limit]

> mfw have girlfriend, good job, BMW for both of us, and been on Sup Forums for 7 years

Mas que merda em.

>only the left can solve the problem of rampant leftism creating a despondent culture of conservatism
and how are they going to solve it, by dying off?

time to move to 2+2+2+2 chins

>a website of nerds
Should be a website of social rejects, or a website of nonconformists

>the left should see them as a symptom of a bigger problem, that only it (the left) can solve

Are we all gunna get commie blowey joeys?

I hope the left solves the problem by entering the magical portal to another realm

>WHY AREN'T WE 50 POINTS AHEAD!?

Having testified the growth of Sup Forums, which went from a group of teenagers that could fit in a room to an entire movement of extremists of the right-wing, I feel like I am at the obligation of giving some explanation about this phenomena.

**THE user**
At first, I did not give Sup Forums much attention. But, by 2008, I wanted to write an article about the website. Its userbase had increased a lot, and it was obvious that it would soon become widely known (to the despair of its users, that would do everything possible to keep it a secret).

The secret of Sup Forums's success (and the element that distinguished it from its progenitor, the Smoething Awful) was the format of a Japanese discussion board that Poole had adapted for English use.

Users had a lot of fun, discussions would become ephemeral, grow crazily in a matter of seconds and disappear a few minutes later, pushed towards the void by new threads, and so on, nonstop, 24/7, 7 days per week.

What was most convenient is that it wasn't necessary to create an account. The program would exhibit a standard name for authors that didn't create an account - meaning, everybody.

Among millions and millions of posts, the author's name was simply "Anonymous". Users began calling each other Anonymous: "Hey, it's user speaking here!"

And so Anonymous was born.

Sup Forums is frequently presented as the responsible for some of its most popular memes, such as "rickrolling" (a trick where someone clicks a link, thinking it would lead to something interesting, and ends up watching "Never Gonna Give You Up", from Rick Astley).

Saying that, however, is insufficient. Sup Forums invented the memes as we use them today.

Terms such as "win", "epic" and "fail" were popularized there. The very method of combining gifs and images with dialogue in message applications is very 4channian.

In other words, the website profoundly marked our behaviors and interactions.

[2000 limit]

I'm happy when I hear things like that. Good on you.

>I'll write up a translation if there is interest and google translator is not doing the trick
you're literally retarded, dirty monkey.

medium.com/@DaleBeran/Sup Forums-the-skeleton-key-to-the-rise-of-trump-624e7cb798cb#.qs0rz1unu

Let me resume it for you.
The text is taken from here:
medium.com/@DaleBeran/Sup Forums-the-skeleton-key-to-the-rise-of-trump-624e7cb798cb#.ly32klelm
And translated by some slut who can't even hide he google translated the whole shit.

>Para os Deploráveis campanha [...]
Really now nigga? This is not portuguese even in a million years from now.

In 2008, I requested the young Sup Forums founder an interview. He didn't respond.

So I noticed that Sup Forums wasn't going to reunitei n Baltimore, but instead a few blocks away from my apartment in New York - actually, in many cities across the world. Their members planned manifestations against the Scientology Church.

What led this group of good-for-nothing nerds that would reunite in anime conventions to protest against Scientology is a very interesting question.

[pause to breath and laugh my ass off at this]

**VALUES**
To answer that question, we need to ponder a little more about the value system of Sup Forums.

To those who know the websit-

fuck, what is going on here

>neckbeards
>virgins
>mother's basement
Why does the left constantly resort to these tropes instead of using logic to actually refute our arguments? Is it because their ultimately effeminate thinking prioritizes social status over truth?

I wanna say that not every brazillian is as stupid as the OP. but I cant

THE ALT RIGHT IS A SYMPTOM OF A DISEASE

AND ONLY WE ARE THE CURE, THE FINAL SOLUTION TO THE ALT RIGHT QUESTION

shut up. you're embarassing yourself

That is EXACTLY the same terminology used in a recent Mediun article on Sup Forums.

>An adult does not freeze in mute horror when a child throws a tantrum. Nor do we generally regard such emotional outbursts as meaningless. Likewise, the left should not be paralyzed with horror by the deplorables, but rather view them as a symptom of a larger problem, one which only the left can truly solve.

Pretty much this
Since we're winning against them, they try to bring us down by saying we're losers, virgins, neckbeards
I don't know why they do that, since they're getting beat by people who are supposedly inferior in the social order

Also, don't bother reading it. It's the usual shit.
If you have been here for a while you should know about all this site has been through, so this is nothing new.

Kek.

Can the left do anything other than projecting and patting themselves in the back?

They're honestly wrong about their generalizations. The majority of people I know that go on Sup Forums are attending university and doing relatively well. Not to mention, they're not just neckbeard guys.The girl that sits next to me in one of my classes goes on Sup Forums during class.

Looking at the Hues translation, this whole article is a reprint of this article;

medium.com/@DaleBeran/Sup Forums-the-skeleton-key-to-the-rise-of-trump-624e7cb798cb#.s938slxt2

Well I have a decent paying job in a highly respected field, but yea >no gf

>a website of nerds
Hah

Nope
This, I know a handful of Sup Forumsacks and every one of them is a fit successful person
Granted, most of them are Chad fratboys, but that still breaks the image of a 4channer being a fat neckbeard

your article sucks kill yourself

>that the left should see them as a symptom of a bigger problem, that only it (the left) can solve.
The left is the problem.

>um site de nerds

I laugh'd more than I should have.

Ye they right i don t hsve a GF and i m a virgin , but i have good job and my own car .

> (the left)
You're missing some parentheses

lmao

So does the article admit to being a translation or is someone passing it off as their own work?

Solving this would be a very difficult task. They are so afraid of these acclaimed losers that they target net neutrality and anonymity, and refuse to admit they are outmatched by mere basement dwellers.

wow nobody could even solve that riddle

>The left
>Solving anything ever
This is next level chimpery. Whoever owns the building where that story was written needs to call some starving favela rats and inform them they will eat well tonight because a fat chimp is clearly hijacking one of their computers to post it's inane bullshit

The article says "Author: Dale Beran", who is indeed the original author.

I don't understand that of the neckbeard shit either. I'm young, athletic, have a girlfriend and studying ingeneering. If you saw me on the street you would think I'm a chad. But apart of me I don't really know anyone else who browses pol... maybe because the subject never appeared.

It assuages their ego and to a lesser extent is projection(because poorfags are the most leftist group economically anywhere) to always say that. Its defeatist as hell to just dismiss your enemies like that and not actually understand them so let them keep thinking that. Even the actual basement dwellers here tend to be the cream of the crop of basement dwellers.

All the Sup Forumsacks I know are Chads

so, they just rewrote the articles from around election time??/ BRAZILIAN """"""""JOURNALISM""""""""

Wow user, you got a car? You're pretty much set for life now aren't you?

>because he incarnates the ideology of hopelessness

Hardly makes any sense

no. it evens says "translation by:" in the first sentence. the op is dumb

yooooooooooo

We will use this as propaganda to bring down the left.

It's a stereotype from the 90s.

highly underrated

meh, they're just lazy and take our word for it - we're always calling each other those things.

the actual meme is believing that Sup Forums influenced the election using pepes

>Trump incarnates the ideology of hopelessness

top kek, that's one I haven't heard before

OP with the absolute state of Brazil right now will anyone there even buy this bullshit? I knew a very traditional and feminine lady in her 50s from Brazil who said the people have about had it with the corruption and was shitting all over Clinton and CNN saying the same thing would have happened to America. Actually the most red-pill woman I ever met.
>young unemployed males with no girlfriends
>shows qt femanon in headline
Sex still sells, even when you can't afford toilet paper.

we already had this article a few months ago remember just in english; it was retweeted by jk rowling

>um site de nerds

HOW WILL Sup Forums EVER RECOVER

they can solve the problem by assigning us a mandatory state sponsored qt3.14 gf

WITH daily tendies.

well, at least its from a different country this time

There's a school of thought around here that Trump is a surrogate father for this hopeless generation of males.

Knowing people is for fags

I don't think I've ever seen a Brazilian not screw up a translation. Translation pays so badly that noone who actually knows english wants to do it. BRs in Sup Forums have better English than your 99% of commercial translators.

The article seems centered around 2008 era Sup Forums.

A markedly different demographic.

Lmao no way we're all unemployed. I'm very well employed and have been MAGA since he rode down the escalator.

i think journalists that need to resort to writing articles about an anonymous image board are far more pathetic than the majority of people on here.

>Make America Great Again is now the slogan of hopelessness

I'm unmarried but I have a good job and a Mercedes. Sure it's only a 2015 but it's an E-class and I don't want to get in over my head financially.

He even says in his article that he would be as bad as 4channers if his parents had not paid for his doctorate. He then says that he now lives below the poverty line (must have been a worthy Ph.D) but unlike Channers is not hopeless and nihilistic, but still committed to Social Justice.

Basically patting himself on the back for being a literal irl Good Goy.

>a website of nerds
Is this what leftist tell them selves so they can feel better about getting BTFO by us? Sad.

>Your enemies are virgin losers who masturbate to anime, they do not matter over the course of history.
>WHAT THE FUCK HOW DID WE LOSE THIS ELECTION!? DAM YOU VIRGIN LOSERS!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

traditional media is getting more irrelevant as time goes by, they have been made obsolete since internet enabled direct interaction between people
soon anonymous image boards and other websites will be all they'll be able to talk about

Nerds.

no u

I'm cool af, bruh. You just jelly.

you trying to start shit here?

Jokes on the liberals I very likley guard your gated community's while you sleep sound in your bed unarmed. Without deplorables like me keeping out their riff raff thwy would all be raped tobdeath by niggers and illegals. Maybe one night I will go on a coffee break and leave the gate open for a few hours.

I had a nice beamer and I ramped it into a pond on accident.

>"Author explains how the Sup Forums, a website of nerds, became the vanguard of the US' extreme-right. He argues that young unemployed males with no girlfriends vote Trump because he incarnates the ideology of hopelessness, and that the left should see them as a symptom of a bigger problem, that only it (the left) can solve.

sounds about right

youtube.com/watch?v=V6VoQ6YDlr4

Spot fucken on m80!
Let the world fucking burn to the ground!

Killing themselves would be a nice start.

brazilian faggots are a blight on online games. bunch of 30 year olds acting like preteens speaking in broken english and thinking every thing needs to be fought over constantly

so we wont notice anything

Thanks. Here's a (you)

>"Author explains how the Sup Forums, a website of nerds, became the vanguard of the US' extreme-right.

He's not wrong tho.

Holy shit what is this cancer?

Does the author get paid to lie and misconstrue? lol, of course they do.

Nothing about my fearsome virginity or my glorious waist line!!!
BLASPHEMY!!

>that only it (the left) can solve
Well he's not wrong.

The left IS the problem and they could solve it by collapsing and ceasing to exist as a political force

>Brazilian intellectuals