US and UK ban cabin laptops on some inbound flights

The US and UK are banning laptops from cabin baggage on flights from certain countries in the Middle East and North Africa, as well as Turkey.

The restriction is based, we are told, on "evaluated intelligence", BBC security correspondent Frank Gardner writes.

That means that US intelligence has either intercepted discussion of a possible extremist plot or has been passed word of one by a human informant.

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39333424

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39341302
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The 10 airports affected are:

1.Mohammed V International, Casablanca, Morocco
2.Ataturk Airport, Istanbul, Turkey
3.Cairo International Airport, Egypt
4.Queen Alia International, Amman, Jordan
5.King Abdulaziz International, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
6.King Khalid International, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
7.Kuwait International Airport
8.Hamad International, Doha, Qatar
9.Abu Dhabi International, United Arab Emirates
10.Dubai International, United Arab Emirates

bump

What the fuck Sup Forums?
This is actual news and in a way Trumps travel ban and you all would prefer to stay in the meme threads.
You are not the girl I fell in love with.

Bump

It'll be fine

First for roach meat

thank you

Hmmm, what common link unites all of those places then?

No worries user. We all need a bump sometimes

Is this Trumps Travel ban?
I know it isn't as broad and only applies if they have electronics but I think it sends a strong message

I just saw this earlier on BBC. Will probably get more replies tomorrow once the Guardian calls it racist

A common predisposition to blow themselves up or lust for young virgins?

There's another article already trying to emotionally bait readers there saying why parents are worried about their kids
>"Making kids sit through a 14 hour flight with no screens to distract is a form of terrorism,"
lol

NINTENDO SWITCH BTFO

NINTODDLERS A MESS

At this point, i think trump and co are just waiting for the next terrorist attack, however big or small it may be. With the liberals constantly blocking it, it would be a perfect opportunity to completely destroy the democratic party and values.

>mfw the democrats are the eternal scapegoats

so... what dangerous shit can you fit/ do on a tablet or larger, but not a smartphone

Checked

Kids should fucking learn how to sleep or read a god damn book.

shit like this is the reason I've only flown once in the last 15 years. Can we please get rid of the shit skins so we don't need to worry about planes blowing up any more? Clearly every one in the flight industry is worried about it and it's been a problem for over 15 years.

I can see how that would work
>if the ban was in place this wouldn't happened
>ban gets put in and dead kids are the poster child for it

You better believe that they are copying the drive of each laptop in checked luggage.

This is in the article

Reading books

While there may be children who have never picked up an actual book with pages in their lives, we can assure you they still exist and are available for purchase.

That's fucking sad.
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39341302
I don't get what you mean, can you explain?

Bump

>mfw im on my first flight to the UK
>two arabs sit right in front of me, go in full panic mode due to recent london terrorist attacks
>spy them like an autist, clearly see that both of them wore turbans, full arab attire alike
>spend 2 and a half hours trying to convince myself that there's a pattern between the movements of the arab's hands and the perturbations caused by the weather outside on the plane

Worst trip of my life. Landed on Heathrow, only to be met by pakis and more muzzies. My Wallachian genes went full on ol' Vlad, flashbacks of spikes and all.

Everything I've read doesn't explain WHY it's banned.
Are they large enough to hide explosives? Are the larger batteries a concern? Is the hacking power of larger devices too great?

> "My toddlers can't go 2 miles w/o an ipad."

Hahahahahahahaha.

I think it's just justification for "semi-banning" people and making a point to the people from those countries. If you wanted to blow something up you still could find a way.