Light pollution is destroying our sense of place in the universe

Fucking idiots keep buildings lit up at all hours of the night, street lamps that face upwards. The sky shouldn't be no stars or barely any stars. I don't even live in a large town so I get a pretty decent night sky compared to most and yet there is maybe only a hundred or so visible stars in the sky tonight.

I'm fucking sick of it. Not to mention all the god damn power we waste with artificial light at times.

darksitefinder.com/maps/world.html

Look at this shit. Europeans joke about how America is so empty, well how many of you cucks have gone your entire life without even seeing a big beautiful night sky full of stars? How many of you have ever seen the milky way with your naked eye?

I don't know why I'm posting.

GAS FLUORESCENT, LIGHT WAR NOW.

go outside of cities you fucking retard.

Thats the point. Our cities don't have to be shit shows of massive lights. There are small changes we can make to fix this, like not having light needlessly pumped out of empty buildings or making the choice to install streetlamps that actually face downward instead of spewing light all around.

It's just depressing.

All this shit not only wastes power, but ruins the night sky.

Best place in the world to see the stars is in the middle of Aus, camping trip with shrooms is gonna b fucking amazing

"Nature" does not exist.

Of course. They are being controlled by the angels of the Demiurge so that we cannot aspire to return to our uncreated creator.

nightsky never looks like that picture that is a long exposure picture you fucking retard

How cooked are you lad?

They should make it that for 1 hour each night nationwide all the streetlights around the country turn off
So people can enjoy the nightsky and the beauty of nature
The only time I've ever seen the milkyway in my entire life is when my parents took me to NSW as a little kid and we stayed in a camping ground in Murwillumbah
It was fucking amazing, one of the most gorgeous sights I've seen in my entire life
I wish in cities the streetlights would turn off for a bit at night

Don't worry a CME will take out the electrical grid soon enough

WTF is that place in Siberia???!!!
Why is it so lit up??!!

>tfw Belgium

Feels bad, man.

The sun doesn't set at all during the summer and we only get 3 hours of sun around the equinox. Without artificial light during the winter and dark rooms during the summer, you will develop serious problems with your health. Both physical and mental problems.

My dream is to go out to Yosemite National Park for a few nights to see the Milky Way. I agree 100% OP and was actually thinking about that on the way to the gym last night.

I totally agree with you, OP.
I was also thinking why don't they use covers at least around street lamps so that less light goes up.

*larger covers
Or make most lamps human-presence sensitive

I get to the night sky every night. Feels good man. Closest town over 20k people is an hour away.

For surveillance purposes they can use infrared and other invisible frequencies of light anyways

Aren't there studies that have shown florescent lights greatly reduce light pollution?

Purge hour!

Too bad the human eye can't see as much as in that picture though.

Going rural places during winter here, the night sky just looks so lovely