Thousands of Gay Men in Germany to be Given 3k for Nazi-Era Law Convictions

archive.is/A3Ms5

--

Germany’s cabinet has approved a bill to overturn the convictions of thousands of gay men who were prosecuted after the second world war.

Gay men convicted between 1949 and 1969 who are still alive are expected to be given financial compensation for the suffering they endured under the legislation, known as Paragraph 175, which forbade sexual relations between men.

The law was first introduced in the 19th century, before being made stricter in 1935 during the Nazi era and subsequently kept on the statute books by West Germany, whose authorities avidly implemented it.

Chancellor Angela Merkel’s cabinet of conservatives and Social Democrats approved the bill on Wednesday morning. It paves the way for compensation payments of €3,000 (£2,600) for each conviction, as well as €1,500 (£1,300) for every year started in prison by convicted men.

Rehabilitation will also apply to men convicted in communist East Germany, which had a milder version of Paragraph 175.

The bill sets out a collective fund of €500,000 a year paid to the Magnus Hirschfeld Foundation, which was named after a prominent German sex researcher and gay rights campaigner. The foundation is in the process of gathering the life stories of men who were convicted under the law.

Also recently:

washingtonpost.com/world/new-zealand-men-convicted-of-gay-sex-to-have-records-wiped/2017/02/08/db14e600-ee7a-11e6-a100-fdaaf400369a_story.html

archive.is/gaML7

eile.ie/2016/01/14/australia-queensland-about-to-overturn-gay-convictions/

archive.is/vdfNO

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12586318
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenatal_hormones_and_sexual_orientation
discord.gg/9GAKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's gay.

This is an issue that Sup Forums has a diversity of opinions on:

strawpoll.me/12586318

bump

oh God another gay topic

ignore the gays, don't even acknowledge them

don't feed their terrible egos

Good.

Britain should do the same.

YAAAASSSS GERMANYYY

As a gay person, i think straight people should pay a straight tax for oppressing gays in general.

1500€ for 1 year prison

>fair compensation

we haning jews billions and poor assfuckers only 1.5k for a whole year, thats absurd

>€500,000
That's nothing compared to what we're paying for the """""""refugees""""""".

as a straight person i hope your genetic defect isn't passed on through the miracles of science

user stop looking my ass! it's so gay!

Seems fair desu

Since when can leaves talk

Gay is not an identity, it's a mental illness.

consider yourself gas'd fag

truth

>some working class schmuck has to work to pay for this
>seems fair

Faggots need to hang. There is no such thing as redpilled faggot.

Well when you criminalize gay behavior it encourages gay people to delve into sham marriages where they will have biological kids that are more likely genetically to be gay.

>Nazi-Era Law Convictions
>prosecuted after the second world war.
Alternate timeline OP?

They were prosecuted under laws created by the Nazis (well, strengthened).

Gayness is based on natal conditions and hormones in the womb

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenatal_hormones_and_sexual_orientation

I am forced to get HIV test every year because fags.
I should sue the fags.

I assume it is genetically predisposed but triggered by pre-natal environment.

Given the shorter life span of gay men due to degeneracy and HIV. I bet it is less than 10% of the original gays.

that cake look very tasty

They're giving millions of Arab migrants much more than that in return for fucking their women.

$3000 and a sorry to those, the tax paying Germans that the government treated horribly, I think is justified.

Suck a dick faggot.

Join the OFFICIAL /polgb/ Discord:

discord.gg/9GAKY

Too many M&Ms tbqh

Yes. The food and drugs women consume during pregnancy can have a dramatic effect on the conditions in their womb. Too much of one hormone can result in changing the sexuality of the child. So a "gay" gene is a misnomer, it's more like their brain is predisposed to be more sensitive to hormone imbalances

There is no gay gene, rather combinations of gene that can predispose people to become gay in the right conditions.

Gay people existed prior to modern food and drugs however.