Black Man Dies After Left in Jail Cell with Broken Neck

Was this cruel and unusual punishment?

youtu.be/pY_7fFwz0QU

archive.is/A88l1

A federal jury awarded $10.25 million this week to the family of an Army veteran who spent his final days immobilized in an Oklahoma jail as guards and medical providers doubted his claims that his neck was broken.

The man, Elliott Williams, had in fact broken his neck five days before his death, and video of his final 51 hours in October 2011 shows him unable to reach food or water that guards had placed nearby on the cell floor in the Tulsa County Jail.

In the video, his naked body remains almost totally motionless from when the guards dragged him into the cell on a blanket until paramedics tried and failed to revive him. The jury ruled on Monday that his civil rights had been violated.

He was sent back to the medical unit, where the medical staff believed he was suffering from “psychosomatic paralysis” and suggested that he be placed in the video-monitored cell. He was not seen by a doctor until Oct. 25, when he was dragged on a blanket into the cell.

bump

jail or prison is the last place you want to be sick or injured in

they do like this and neglect or when you do get a doctor they dont give a fuck and do the minimum

>not wasting resourses on a nigger in prison
It's for the best.

haha yeah it's for the best, now "for the best" taxpayers will shell out $10 million to his family after they sue the police department because it's "for the best".

And the family will blow it on weed, rims, diamond ear rings and probably use a couple million to start up a rap studio, they certainly won't help their own people or community.

>nigger
>army veteran

Cool. Wish I could party with them.

No chimpouts because Oklahoma?

Came here to say this

This is the inescapable end mandated by idiot progressives and by-the-book reformers.

Nope. We keep ours in check down south

>5 days paralyzed with a broken neck while guards call you a liar as you die of dehydration.

Thats objectively fucked up. Money to family isnt justice though, criminal neglect charges to all medical staff involved.

Why was he in prison?

Doesnt matter, he was a ward of the state and acting in accordance with what he was supposed to be doing (sitting in an 8x10 @ 23/7).

I don't understand, they clearly see he can't move and eat, the food the female guard put hours before hasn't even been touched!

I don't know what he did but this is a weird way to treat injured convicts

>It was not clear how his neck was broken at some point after walking into the jail on Oct. 22. Officers subdued him to the ground in a holding cell, though he was seen on video able to move afterward. An inmate said he saw Mr. Williams ram his head into a wall while he was unattended by officers in an area with no video surveillance, according to a police investigation.

1. Get arrested
2. Break own neck
3. Die in jail
4. PROFIT

The circumstances of how arent showing criminallity, i agree.

The medical staff are being protected here. Imagine this occurring in a hospital. All medical staff involved should be charged.

>Civil Rights
>Implying this is a race issue

"Civil rights" statutes only serve to protect black persons, and therefore discriminate against other races whom may be the target of racist attacks as there are no additional penalties other than "hate crime".

Criminal Negro dies instead of draining public funds further

I see no problem here, moving along

>The medical staff are being protected here. Imagine this occurring in a hospital. All medical staff involved should be charged.

My uncle was killed by an orderley in a VA affiliated home. Vietnam veteran, was probably slightly off and went crazy from seeing infantry die around him in the war.

He was a kind, gentle, simple, gravely mentally injured man who never did much in his life but smoke cigarettes, play poker machines and speak in a gentle voice.

He freaked out in the VA home, 300 something pound black guy dragged him to a bathroom, where there were no cameras, and sat on him in order to pacify him. He had a heart attack and died on the bathroom floor.

We got like $30,000 because a few years earlier the federal government had put limits on how much you can sue hospitals for things like this. It kept my grandma in a home for a few extra years so she could think about how the US government murdered her same son twice.