Yahweh was originally a "divine warrior" who later was written as the primary god of Israel...

Yahweh was originally a "divine warrior" who later was written as the primary god of Israel, and only after he had been decreed the sole deity and creator of the cosmos.

Why are the Abrahamic beliefs held with any regard when the current traditions stem from what is essentially the ancient variation of retconning?

This goes for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

Truth be told, I can't really sign-up myself with a religion that has been warped and its true roots forgotten. How could anyone without performing insane mental gymnastics?

The true European beliefs and traditions were wiped out by Christians. How is one who claims to clamor for a return to their roots still remain a Christian?

I don't know. I'm trying to sort this out myself, but it seems as though people are hellbent on maintaining what I see as a lie long past its due unraveling.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugarit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal_Cycle
robertmascharan.blogspot.com/2013/04/egyptian-moon-g-d-yah-investigating.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>unsourced canadian facts
hide leaf threads
do not post in leaf threads
do not respond to leaf posters

>WAAAAAAA MY MOMMY AND DADDY MADE ME GO TO CHURCH EVEN THOUGH I DONT WANT TO WAAAA WAAAA WAAA FUCK GOD N SHIT IM ENLIGHTENED AGNOSTIC WAAAAA I KNOW BETTER THAN THOUSANDS OF YEARS OF CHRISTIAN THOUGHT

you'll have no one to blame but yourself when you're burning in hell for all eternity

This is a politics board. All threads should be about politics.

Nice strawman.

a lot of paganism survived through European Christianity... in my eyes it's more about keeping unified against jews and muslims...

So, we unite against them by devoting ourselves to the very religion that was a tool of (((theirs))) to wipe out the true European traditions?

>true European traditions?

such as?

Christianity has been a tradition of Europe for the entire history of European civilization. What traditions in did the pagans have exactly that you miss?

what I mean is I don't really care much about the supernatural aspect of it or that cunt YHVH.... I spiritually follow pagan practices personally.
However... christian churches are important for setting a moral guideline and a sense of European community for some. I don't think you're going to centuries old christian white families to adopt paganism at the drop of a hat.

Christmas is pre Christian
Easter is pre Christian

Christianity is not a tool of Jews, you fucking conspiratorial paranoid piece of shit. Jews are doing nothing. Jews are fucking ATHEISTS today. Christianity is a tool of FUCKING CHRISTIANS to reign over your FUCKING LIFE, and they use churches as white power gathering places today like the blacks did in the 50s and 60s. Christians and Muslims are the ones who must be exterminated. They still have theistic beliefs. Jews are not superstitious and do not let superstition rule their lives like FUCKING CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS.

You cut out everything before.

Christianity was and is (((their))) tool. Unless we break away from it, then our people will never truly be free from (((them))).

>Yahweh was originally a "divine warrior" who later was written as the primary god of Israel, and only after he had been decreed the sole deity and creator of the cosmos.

you're talking about Moloch or EL

You must be a faggot to get so pissy on the drop of a dime.

"When the Most High (Elyon, i.e., El) gave the nations their inheritance,
when he separated humanity,
he fixed the boundaries of the peoples according to the number of divine beings,
for Yahweh's portion is his people,
Jacob his allotted heritage."

Christians, jews and muslims all worship Elohim; the Demiurge. You are wise to follow such a dangerous path, but I encourage you to keep digging. The truth will set you free, as they say.

Who got double digits, loser?

>You cut out everything before.

so what, answer the damn question, at least i'm giving you an ear

a couple of holidays that have been successfully christianized. anythnig else?

OP, you could always give up on ancient myths and read a science book.

People on Sup Forums don't believe in science either. This is a shithole board where religious people actually exist on Sup Forums. It's laughable.

Thank you for actually knowing what I'm talking about.

Yawhwey was the volcano God. Moses was simply trying to teach the people that there is one god. He used the local volcano God name.

Guys crazy idea, but you can believe in a creator without having to sign yourself up to a team! :O

It is more about principle and maintaining integrity when claiming to honor my predecessors.

That many of our ancestors were seduced into a system that set them upon their own kin, is an appalling affront.

No, this is true. Yahweh was the war god in the polytheist hewbrew pantheon. Revisionist priests made Yahweh the supreme and only God during hard times.

>Insane mental gymnastics

Not agreeing, not denouncing, but from my perspective Catholics baptize you almost from birth. Jews circumsize you at birth

Children don't need convincing but at the same time, when you start at a young age you definitely get that "there's something more to life after death"

Meaning as long as there's ANYTHING after my heart and brain cease, I'm gonna actively search for info to make sure I know where I'm going

I hate to say it but, heaven definitely sounds like a construct to make people ok with dying a meaningless death. Considering everybody gets ONE, I can see Jews making up a story for subverting goyim
Thing is, I can't figure out why Jews still stick to SOME sort of misticism. So there's gotta be SOMETHING or else Jews wouldn't shell out for it

Yep. Just accept Jesus. In the Bible he even tells you the church is corrupt. Only focus on your relationship with Him, do you think an all knowing universe Creator REALLY cares about what you did on this tiny ass rock? There's nothing that can't be forgiven, because everything is temporary

I was baptised, not that I remember it at all and was never raised religious, considered my self an atheist until I realised what a blind spot that is, now if I had to bet i'd say there is some sort of creator or meaning to this world but I have never seen any reason to define myself by some religion, just being a good person and seek truth should be enough.

What do you mean "accept jesus" pretty vague, some people say Jesus represents the Sun and all different theories, I don't really see how having to believe in Jesus is relevant? unless Jesus is just representative of being a good person?

>It is more about principle and maintaining integrity when claiming to honor my predecessors.

Your ancestors have been christian for longer than they've been whatever various pagan god they worshiped.

that doesn't matter.

read plotinus.

science is retarded.

>I love you, Jesus Christ
>a song for a old friend and a song for a new friend and now a song for Jesus Christ and since this seems to confuse people I’d like to simply say that I mean what I sing although the theme of endless endless on this album is not based on any religion but more in the belief that all things seem to contain a white light within them that i see as eternal

no physical evidence

How about you prove to me that Moses didn't write down what he did? Or that it wasn't wirrten in its entirity that early?

Any evidence?
No

Yo

>Yahweh was originally a "divine warrior"

He was not. This is uninformed and wrong.

For thousands of years before there was ever a "Jew" Yahweh (known variously as Yah/Yam/Yaw) was one of the sons of El, who is effectively the Semitic Chronos, and so ancient that his name became synonymous with "god". The other main deity in the Semitic pantheon was Ba'al; Haddad. Yahweh was not a warrior god but a god of rivers and the "deep ocean" which meant the Mediterranean, sort of like a Semitic Poseidon.

Water deities are ultimately fertility deities, and Yahweh later became a fertility bull.

For Semitic pagans under the influence of Zoroastrianism, which created "Judaism", Yahweh then became aniconic, meaning he was an invisible force too holy to be represented.

Under the influence of the Greeks Yahweh became like Zeus-- anthropomorphic and strolling around on Earth and causing trouble and being a jackass, and like Zeus he would eventually impregnate a human woman.

I had conflated two different sources, but I'll go with yours and this:

"When the Most High (Elyon, i.e., El) gave the nations their inheritance,
when he separated humanity,
he fixed the boundaries of the peoples according to the number of divine beings,
for Yahweh's portion is his people,
Jacob his allotted heritage."

The point is that Yahweh was not always the almighty deity he is made out to be nowadays. Hence this discredits the faiths which rely on the idea that he is the sole deity.

that song aint religious mate

it goes "I love you Jesus Christ. Jesus CHRIST I love you, yes, I do"

it's using Jesus as a swear.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugarit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal_Cycle

Lol. Cute troll

No it's not, holy shit. Jeff Mangum is an extraordinarily spiritual person. Jesus is a concept of goodness to him, not a religious figure (he's not really a religious figure, 'cuz he's an actor)

Learn to Elephant 6 before you talk to me about Elephant 6.

laughable to the 2% of people in the world who are atheists. the rest agree with us, both on this matter and most every matter of import, including the fact that you are a deluded shill. kys.

Jesus is the Christ of the kingdom to come.

am i to assume those hipsters wrote a religious song when they'er talking about kids experimenting with eachothers bodies? get real bud

Lol, you have no power whatsoever. Make me believe in god, if you think you can. I'm right here. Address is 135 Silver Fox Ct, Greenwood Vlg, CO

Hey OP. Just came across your thread. I'm happy to have a conversation with you if you'd like. If you're just here to troll, that's fine, I'm just not going to waste my time.

I'll start with your initial question. Yes, there are things that have been corrupted. As humans, this is an impossible task to avoid. Fundamentally, we are flawed.

But...

We also change with time. Our stories and our words to describe our world change over time as well. This doesn't make them any less true and doesn't mean they're corrupted. And I'd ask you, why is it okay to look at Science as empirical and not religion.

Let's use evolution, as our example. How is the theory of evolution any different than the concept of our religion, our stories, our words, being passed down from generation to generation? They change slightly, yes, as we change and as our world changes around us. Does that make our stories and our words that we use to describe our world corrupt or any less true? In the same way that species and our DNA has had subtle changes through evolution, can not our ideas and our words have subtle changes and still contain the same core truths?

As a Christian, it would be punishable by eternity in hell to unsuccessfully convert me to Christianity. You must devote your entire existence to doing it now, and you are allowed to be violent, God decrees it, so let's see it. Inquisite me, fagballs.

It's just a name.

You'd be surprised how many names HaSh*m has.

That has absolutely nothing to do with evolution.

>That has absolutely nothing to do with evolution.
Okay. Why not?

The fundamental difference is that you claim your stories to be infallible, or at least describe an infallible being. In fact, your ideology requires its own immutability.

I see Science as a mere predictive means, and not the almighty truth as many people have corrupted the term to become.

A religion shouldn't change much, or else what does that say about the earlier writings? Are they false, or is the newer doctrine at fault?

When Yahweh has shifted from one of many to *the* one god.

Pretending is easier than trying to piece together something long forgotten or even realizing text would be a retarded way for anything godlike to communicate, exposing all religious text as fan fiction

If a god wanted you to know something it would be burned into your fucking brain

Where my Celtic Pagan brothers at?

If you read the Old Testament, especially when Moses is running around, God seems far more like some Hercules-esque figure than the modern standard view of the Judeo-Christian God. Not that I agree with the OP.

God is infallible. God is the Word. The Word is truth.

So, let me ask you, if you have a Son (you personally, I mean) and, as you raise him and start giving him advice and teach him how to be a man, are you going to lie to him? Are you going to tell him things that will NOT help him on his way? Or are you going to give him the best advice you can? The core and fundamental truths, as you understand them, in order to help guide him long after you're gone?

Of course your answer is the latter. And it's the same with the Word. We can not truly understand God, but that doesn't mean our Words come from a place of lies, a place of falsehood. They come from truth, and they come from there because we want the best for our children, and our families, and those around us.

Yes, God is infallible. That doesn't mean I truly understand what He means for me or for you or for any one of us. That still doesn't mean the Word of God is any less true.

Think of it like a smooth stone on a beach. The stone was not smooth to begin. It was washed over millenia, tumbling around amongst the other stones and sand, until it eventually became smoother and smoother. Such is with us. Such is with our Word. God's Word. Passed down.

What does it matter if Yahweh shifted from one of the many to the One God? It's a story of men. Men don't, men can't, understand Him.

You wouldn't say a scientific theory or idea could not be changed when some other better realized idea was discovered, correct? So why would we, as humans, do that with an idea of something greater than ourselves?

Have you ever whittled a piece of wood? The piece of wood just starts out as just that. A piece of wood. You whittle it down into something smaller. Something. A piece of art, maybe. Maybe a dog, or a cat, or a person. Whatever. You discover what's inside the wood. Same with a sculpture. It begins as a large piece of stone. And from there, something emerges.

We narrow it down. The same can be said for ideas just as they are with science.

When Heraclitus says "war is the father of all and king of all" he is saying the same thing. They were all just struggling to find truth using the concepts available to them. The fundamental nature of reality is conflict. The Logos is expressed through forces in opposition. Christ the selfless and kind, the one true God is "a god of war".

You're getting close, but Judaism didn't come to be until after Christianity. The religion you're talking about is very old-school Yahwism, which was worshiped amongst the Judeans, who Jesus is essentially the last of.

Judaism came from the creation of the Talmud centuries later by the Pharisees, who hated actual Yahwism so much that (((translations))) always add in to not take the Lord's name in vain, due to them hating Him and wanting to somehow snuff His name out of existence.

"We shall make them in OUR image."
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

I could be wrong, but based on those two lines from the bible, it can be inferred that God is not the only deity that humans were made in the image of, but the most Divine, and held above all other deities. That said, it also seems to infer that praise of other gods is fine so long as the highest praise and therefore worship, is only reserved for God and God alone. The Heavenly Father.

Good thing Elyon refers to Yahweh, there is no evidence that El was Elyon found in the Ugaritic material.

it just means it's not for you.
even though you're a leaf, you probably have a good handle on logic and can think for yourself.

boosting Christianity is a tool to help the general population keep up conservative values - a good thing tm. they need a guide to ensure the nuclear family lives on, to return fathers and mothers to their most useful role, to teach morals to those who cannot grasp concepts in non-linear formats.

either you give the masses this tried and tested guide or they will follow someone or something else - e.g. feminist writers, marxists, celebrities etc...

>Yahweh

Let me just leave this here robertmascharan.blogspot.com/2013/04/egyptian-moon-g-d-yah-investigating.html

'our' in this case is an instance of a royal plural - an old fashioned tradition in English used by or for royalty to show authority.

this does not in any way imply a multiplicity of deities, it is a convention of title and nothing more

Riiiiiiiight. Nice try. Even if that were true and not a bunch of straw grasping bs, that still wouldn't assess and explain why the line says 'We' and not 'I' instead. Especially, after all, the lines from God that says several times that his name means 'I AM' or expanding on that, 'I Am, I Will Be, I Was Being.'

Revelations 11:17 puts it this way: The one who is, who was, and who is to come.