ITT: Redpilled horror, fantasy, and sci-fi recommendations: books, television, video-games, movies, etc

ITT: Redpilled horror, fantasy, and sci-fi recommendations: books, television, video-games, movies, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

libgen.io/search.php?req=h. beam piper&open=0&res=25&view=simple&phrase=1&column=def
libgen.io/search.php?req=orson scott card&open=0&res=25&view=simple&phrase=1&column=def
amazon.com/gp/product/1631060015/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
libgen.io/search.php?req=larry niven&open=0&res=25&view=simple&phrase=1&column=def
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I never liked Heinlein. Brandon Sanderson is pretty great. I've also been reading Michael J Sullivan lately. If you've never read him, David Eddings is the king of fantasy. I read all of his books at least once every year or two.

Naruto
Bleach
One Piece

Weaboo tier anime.

Jon Abercrombie hands down for fantasy

People are bastards, power corrupts, women are fickle

S M Stirling DRAKON
Tom Kratzman
Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, separately and together; with Steve Barnes, their Fallen Angels is literally a dystopia where environmentalists are the bad guys.
Harry Harrison's Stainless Steel Rat

Also The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, Faith of The Fallen made me hate communism

Kek decided, not me

Tom clancy

"Sword of Truth" or whatever that was called was an incredible series. I loved every page of it.

I bought this book because it was on Sup Forums's redpilled list. It's absolute rubbish. Julius Evola was even worse, I couldn't understand shit. Most bluepilled faggotry I've never read. Fuck Sup Forums. Read some B. Traven or Steinbeck.

What, starship troopers? Never trust Sup Forums, always get your epubs from filemare.

I fuckin love Heinlein. Tunnel in the sky BEST teen fiction.

Touhou Got namedrop as a game for white nationalist much to Zun exasperation

I wish we could have a government like the Federation

>Touhou Got namedrop as a game for white nationalist much to Zun exasperation

Awful fanfic tier shit like most of his contemporaries.

I should give him another shot. I read the young adult stuff like "have spacesuit will travel" but his adult fiction didn't click with me. I love Azimov and such. I'll give it another go thanks to you user.

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Heinlein was 100% degenerate but a good writer. Very ancap survivalist shit, plus his weird polygamy stuff.

I thought it was pretty good. What's your problem with it? Some of the later books were slow, but it wasn't like I was wading through "Wheel of Time" or anything.

This cannot be true, why a harmless hell shooter with qt grills would be labeled nazi?

If you really want a mindfuck read Ben Bova's series about a bunch of Mexicans on Titan trying to immigrate to Jupiter (America).

Creepy rape/bsdm bullshit. Seriously sickens me just to think of that stuff. At least Jordan was good at writing the fights
>folded her arms under her breasts

Fairy Tail > Big Three
Better music too.

Mary Sue protagonists is a mainstay of fantasy

And I agree with the other user that the books got slower and I personally think worse

Faith of The Fallen was still fantastic in showcasing the grimness and futility of living under communism

Because many people started using touhou characters in their political agenda. Now every thinks Touhou is Far-right which promotes White Nationalism.

Yeah, he made it pretty bad in some of the torture scenes. I think it made Richard a stronger character though. I'll agree that he took it a bit too far, though.

The part in one of the books where that chick had the rat chew in to her stomach was fucking horrible. As awful as that shit was, the good guys won every damned time.

I'm oldskool when it comes to reading. The physical sensation of having a book in your hands puts you in a certain state of mind. You read it differently as opposed to reading it from a screen.

I was like that, and I'm still a bit that way, but I travel a lot. I'll go through 2-3 books a week and it's easier to read them on a 6" phone than have to carry a bunch of extra stuff around. God I love FBReader.

> Good at writing fights
> Oriental inspired named move
> Opponent falls dead

Yeah, great fights.

I think you are confusing him with R.A. Salvatore or something

It wasn't all oriental, there were spear chuckers too, and the larger scale battles were actually good. I didn't finish the 7th book or onwards though.

We're not here for $40mil Spectrum PSA's.

I can see where you're coming from. I'll go through 2-3 books a year. And I don't travel a lot. Still

It's strange at first, but I've found it's pretty doable if I put it in night mode.

Fritz Lieber
Fahfred and the Grey Mouser are awesome books

Colleen McCullough's Rome series is fantastic
Rip

I liked the movie. Great special effects, hot girls, and it didn't follow the book so it was new.
Enders Game was a great book, and the movie followed it exactly until the very end, so it was boring. I knew what was going to happen next.

But, this
>horror, fantasy, and sci-fi
shows me what a moron you and the publishing industry are. SF is not horror or fantasy, and it pisses me off.

libgen.io
Those Russians aren't bad guys.

libgen.io/search.php?req=h. beam piper&open=0&res=25&view=simple&phrase=1&column=def
Uller Uprising

Ender's Game was cheap fluff and the follow up books were terrible too, though. That stuff makes me upset.

Thanks user, I'm looking forward to reading it tomorrow. I appreciate it.

Fantastic Mr. Fox

You know what they say about opinions.

Are you gay? Your kind got upset at Card because he hurt your feelings.

Monstress. A fun read.

I'd recommend this before reading the comic. Maybe I'm just a pleb but I wasn't brought up on the comic, the movie is more compelling to me.

Seriously, watch this. You will be surprised at how much Frank Miller worked into this story.

just ordered this

better be good

I like Sanderson as well. Do you enter in /lit/? do you know why they have Sanderson in such a shitty position?

Orson Scott Card? He and I both vacation at Rehoboth Beach. Take that how you will. Also, neither of us are gay.
I read all of the Ender books, I just didn't think they were epic or good or anything. I'd rather see a Mistborn movie than the crap he puts out.

>comic book
>in an a book thread

I think you need to rethink your life.

I've never been to /lit/. What's their problem with Sanderson? Warbreaker is pretty much my favorite series right now.

Patrick Rothfuss' "Kingkiller Chronicles" is the best thing I've read. But it's a fantasy book so I don't think it's "redpilled" or however a book is supposed to be that
What do you think about his homecoming books? I have Memory of Earth but i haven't read it yet. The premsie sounds pretty cool though

There is nothing more red/black pilled than the Cthulhu mythos

Re-read OP's post, friend.

I read all of his books about 5 years ago. I can't remember anything about homecoming, so I either didn't read them or they aren't interesting enough to remember. Sorry!

Card is one of the best, but he is wacky sometimes. I avoid all fantasy because my IQ is above room temperature, but he still mixes it in to his supposed SF.
Anyone who hasn't tried him, should.

libgen.io/search.php?req=orson scott card&open=0&res=25&view=simple&phrase=1&column=def

recently bought.
amazon.com/gp/product/1631060015/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

pretty hefty book

Bretty good read

The best one in this thread russiabro

It's the one with a giant AI satellite in the sky playing god, and the planet they're on is dying. If that doesn't ring any bells then i think you didn't read it.

I'll try to hit is non-Ender stuff again. I'm always on the lookout for good sci-fi or fantasy. On another note, why do we lump sci-fi with fantasy, and why do those of us who consume this media switch between the two? It's and interesting grouping.

I want some of that chink stuff they drink in East of Eden but I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

To be fair: I haven't looked that hard, really.

I didn't, but I will. It sounds really interesting. Thanks.

Everything by Larry Correia. Very conservative and very pro-guns.

Steinbeck is redpilled af

You are all fucking newfags and I am disappoint.

Things like his simply and ordinary way of writing.
I have only read the stormlight archive, but they are two fucking great books indeed.
But knowing /lit/ i know they put Sanderson in that position because of his recent popularity and because Sanderson it's coming to the casuals of fantasy.

I'm more of a modern/fantasy guy. I play sci fi games but i haven't read/watched much sci fi other than ender's game.
I haven't even watched star wars.
Ghost in the shell was cool tho

I prefer either fully dark things, or fully comedy things usually.

>Neil Gaiman recommendation

Neil Gaiman is pretty red-pilling, desu. You read his books and you see a kike sticking perverted shit into his stories that is not even relevant to the plot at all.

Well don't listen to them. I've been a big fantasy fan for 20+ years and Sanderson is one of the greats. Seriously, everthing he has written is great. Stormlight is the best, but please read Mistborn, it's amazing.

David Brin is a man-made climate change bitch and a general leftist, but still a great writer.
'Existence' is one of my favorites, but I haven't found a bad story yet.

Wow I can't believe you fuckers went this long without mentioning Book of the New Sun.

He's the guy who writes about Native American tomfoolery, though. I couldn't follow the last book he wrote because it was all about stupid indian shit.

I love his overpopulation meme. The self eating leftist.

Can't believe I almost forgot this. This is the book that inspired the movie Bladerunner (1982)

Anytime I see someone say that Neil Gayman got them into Gene Wolfe I get depressed

Great version, honestly the best of all.
Here in tacoland this editions are the best you can find (made in Spain), i'm on my way of buying the Knickerbocker edition too.

How do i gain citizenship if im medically unfit for military service? Or would they take me and then make me a janitor on a military base or something?

Not sure if redpilled, but it's a top tier Dark Fantasy Western. Recommend if you like the Dark Tower books

I think he did one about Norse mythology, too. Jewish as fuck: he's just re-packaged some shit he read for research for his other books.

The Forever War is a nice commentary about future/culture shock and takes it to some extremes.

Haven't read his later revision of it yet though.

Dune, by Frank Herbert. Seriously.

Yeah gaiman is a fun dude. They are making American gods into a show, they'll probably mess it up though. That's a book that just reeks let's subvert it subliminally with multiculturalism
Stop going to /lit/. They have been leftist trash eating their own farts for the last 5 years

I know man, i also know that stormlight are his best works but i have a deep desire to read his other works (mistborn and elantris) in my way to discover and exploring the cosmere. Did you like the new stormlight cover for Oathbringer?

Honestly I was in a serious crisis of faith, and reading American Gods actually helped pull me out of it. I haven't read any of his other stuff, and parts of AG were pretty goofy, but it helped me out when I was in a rough spot, and if you take the message of the book for what it is, it's real enjoyable.

They explain that they will find you something to do based on whatever abilities you have but if you are really unskilled it might be the case that the job is so mind-numbing that no one would pick it over something as risky as Mobile Infantry.
There is a legal obligation that they have to take anyone if the applicants can't be discouraged from joining.

>Naruto
>Weaboo tier anime.

Naruto is legit redpilled. Don't make a knee jerk reaction you 'tard.

It has themes that are superior in every way to any Western show. It is about loyalty, love and defense of your family, your clan, your friends and your homeland. It's about working as hard as you can to be the best you can be.

The series is winding down and the finale looks like it's going to be a wedding. Some women may be warriors but most of them aren't and most of them aren't superior in combat. It's expected that female ninjas care for the family when they get married. They become housewives.

I just finished Wizard and Glass and I fucking hated it. I might be about to give up on the rest of the series.

Is it better than the shit I've put up with for the last month?

Make fun of David Weber all you want, but the Honor Harrington series is some of the best space opera out there.

>Christian fundamentalists
>Space muslims
>Space Pizza Gate
>Space Commies
>Space ATF / Homeland Security

The world Weber builds is amazingly fleshed out and believable. Great shit.

Also:

John Steakley - ARMOR
Larry Niven - Ringworld (The Puppeteer race has been jewing the universe for ages to get their desired outcome)

Ender 1 and the bean books were okay. Beans were still vastly inferior.

I enter in /sffg/ more than in /lit/ itself, but yeah man, i can figured out what'd you mean

Seriously, think of the bit with the hairy legs demon and the bit with the faggot djinns.
Those characters were not important to the story at all. All they got after those scenes was basically a passing mention in the climax.
He added them JUST to have homosexual sex and /d/-tier shit in his book.
Heinous kikery.

PKD inspired loooots of stuff. Some of it was awesome random allegories about his drug habits but others were awesome and not.

I think Gemmell's series is better than King's honestly since it doesn't go all retardedly meta and has a good ending. It's also a lot more focused since the scope is smaller.

>Bretty good read

I second this. I highly recommend it.

>Bladerunner (1982)
Tried to watch it twice. Fell asleep both times.
Old movies suck.

The Known Space books by Niven are great. This series has a lot of callbacks to his older books. That's good if you've read them.
libgen.io/search.php?req=larry niven&open=0&res=25&view=simple&phrase=1&column=def

Wizard and Glass was shit but the next one is really good. The one after that is meh, the little one after that is good too.